Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on man hating?

Feather Scribbles

I think men are wonderful. All people are wonderful. Gender has nothing to do with how worthy they are as individuals. There are some I like more than others, but I could say the same of women too. It's too easy to make a blanket statement of an entire demographic based on something done by any one individual that happens to fit into it. 

So my opinion is that I don't agree with hating anyone. It just isn't right. 

• Brohoof 10

33 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I think men are wonderful. All people are wonderful. Gender has nothing to do with how worthy they are as individuals. There are some I like more than others, but I could say the same of women too. It's too easy to make a blanket statement of an entire demographic based on something done by any one individual that happens to fit into it. 

So my opinion is that I don't agree with hating anyone. It just isn't right. 

I agree with you

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I spent a good 5 minutes trying to decide on which humorous snark I would respond to this thread with, but have come to the determination that it is too easy. So here's a serious answer.

Much misandry, like misogyny, is likely to be grounded in bitter personal experiences. Enough bad experiences with a particular group of people, especially at a young age, often results in phobia and sometimes outright hatred of that group. A decent amount of misandry also comes from indoctrination by feminist and pro-feminist literature, written by people who have likely had bad experiences with men as stated above. Those that get to misandry through indoctrination have their views reinforced by our media. Our sit-coms as of late tend to portray men as bumbling fools and idiots and usually overweight, with the women as sensible, together and attractive. The same idiots are replayed every night, making us laugh, and making it culturally acceptable. That acceptability allows for greater proliferation of these ideas.

We are shaped by our experiences. What we believe, and I mean truly believe deep down in our hearts, is out of our control. Misandrists are created either through bad experiences or through indoctrination, just the same as misogynists, racists, etc. Either way, I feel bad for those that go through life with hatred in their hearts.

Imo the solution is to befriend these people and slowly try to change their views through constructive dialog, not to demonize them because of views which are largely out of their control.

All that being said, it is important to make the distinction between hatred and jokes. A sexist joke doesn't imply hatred or even bigotry. We gotta learn to laugh at ourselves again.

2 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Are men really useless? 

If any women say yes to this, I will be reporting your names at the next Patriarchy meeting. It will likely result in the most heinous punishment of refusing to put the toilet seat down for a month and not killing the spider you saw in the living room. Beware.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 7

Man-hating is idiotic - judging people based on their gender is just unfair. I also find it odd when people just lump all the people of the same gender into one group and completely forget about individuality.

Out of all the ways to discriminate on a person, this is the most asinine, cause it covers half the entire human race. 

They do realize that they kind of need men to, y'know, make more women, right. 

Unless they're secretly developing a way for lesbians to procreate. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Are men really useless?

Why even ask such an offensive question? Sex is a protected status and asking such loaded questions like this is clearly implying that there is any answer beyond "no". This is not even a question as that implies there is discussion to be had. The answer is no, men are not useless, stop asking such ridiculous questions that you already know the answer to.

Seriously, you've spouted this kind of anti-male rhetoric before and I am amazed you are not indefinitely banned by now because it's extremely sexist to even ask a question like this because your motives and beliefs become insanely obvious through it. There is no place for your blatant sexism here and you should stop acting like this or you will find yourself more and more enemies in life. I for one am tired of your anti-male rhetoric and I'm not going to stand for it any longer. Either stop being so ignorant or leave this place, no one wants you here if this is how you're going to act all the time. No one wants to hear you ask questions like this or spout anti-male nonsense. I for one am sick of it as I'm sure many others are.

Reported, stop making threads like this and keep this kind of nonsense to yourself.

I'm locking this for the moment. There is a history here that I am delving into thoroughly, and I'd rather not have this topic become nuclear while we are contemplating. 

• Brohoof 6

• The topic was locked

After diving into this, I've come to the conclusion that this topic will remain closed. While I am not a fan of shuttering discussion, the intent of this thread seems to be fueled by toxicity and self-indulgence dressed up as an innocent query. The staff and the community isn't ignorant to the history, and to put it bluntly, we weren't born yesterday. 

• Brohoof 11