Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best excuse for having a giant pony plushie?

LucasB

(edited)

I want to buy this 12 inch Rainbow Dash plushie, but its weird for my parents to discover a giant pony plushie in my room. The only other plushie I own is a carrot, so I don't think I can just make it "blend in". if for some reason it's discovered, what should I say

Edited by LucasB
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Lord Valtasar said:

How about telling them it was a gift?

Seconded. If they think a friend got it for you and you don't keep it actively keep it in an obvious place there shouldn't be a problem :D

(edited)

I understand not wanting to share something special and personal, but If you're worried about your parents judging you for liking a TV show...perhaps there are some relationship issues that need to be addressed.

I hope I haven't offended...just sharing my thoughts.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

If I would be in your situation I would say that I am starting a robot project (I like robots). But seriously, isn't a robot plushie is awesome? :orly:

Anyway, @Kings&Hooves14 is right, the truth is the best choice for this, parents should understand it.

• Brohoof 1

Just tell them you're a brony and be proud of it! Liking a great show about adorable ponies is nothing to be ashamed of!

I agree with @Kings&Hooves14, if you're that worried about your parents finding out you're a brony, there are probably more serious issues there than just a pony plushie.

Anyway, best of luck! I hope everything goes well and you get your Dashie! :)

• Brohoof 1

Tell them that you woke up and it was just there, so don't question it :squee:

But really, I agree with this here the most-

23 hours ago, KatonRyu said:

Just say you liked it and that's why you got it. Who needs an excuse to have a plushie?

They're right, why do you really need an excuse to have a plush toy? Just say your really liked it and leave it at that, if they ask more give them more, but just keep it simple, ya know? :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

On 7/27/2018 at 4:18 AM, arcticaunion said:

I want to buy this 12 inch Rainbow Dash plushie, but I don't want my parents to know I'm a brony. I don't think they are familiar with MLP at all, but it is still weird for them to discover a giant pony plushie in my room. The only other plushie I own is a giant carrot, so I don't think I can just make it "blend in".

I will try my best to keep it hidden, but if for some reason it's discovered, what should I say

OH! When you said giant, I thought you meant life size pony. I think I have a 15 inch pony. But yeah, I think you shouldn't sweat it at all.

• 2 years later...

I’d just tell them the truth.  Your parents aren’t going to think any less of you for liking a tv show.  

I commissioned a 20” plushie recently and I have no plans to hide the fact it’s mine.   You should do the same if your parents haven’t found out in the two years you made this post.   

• Brohoof 1

On 2020-09-24 at 5:47 PM, AppleButt said:

I’d just tell them the truth.  Your parents aren’t going to think any less of you for liking a tv show.  

I commissioned a 20” plushie recently and I have no plans to hide the fact it’s mine.   You should do the same if your parents haven’t found out in the two years you made this post.   

Damn it's been 2 years lmao, but yeah it was all a-ok

Edited by LucasB
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Tell them it's just a pillow bro. I mean sure they might disagree and say it is a plushie but then just say what I thought it was a pillow. I mean okay I suppose I will have to do with having a plushie as a pillow.