Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite plushies!

CandyCorn

Mine is my my Espeon plush. Her name is Mina. I love dressing her up in little dog shirts because she looks so cute! I just got her one yesterday for Halloween at Petsmart and ahhhhh she's just so cuuuuuute. <3

Spoiler

image.jpg?width=226&height=301

That's the most recent one I got her! I'll post a better pic of her later when I'm not so lazy. :3

• Brohoof 3

I was obsessed with this plushie I had of Bulbasaur when I was young. I also got a plushie of Fluttershy a few years back and for fun (TO BE DOUBLED) I got a plushie of Luna last year along with a plushie of Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch. :orly:

I like my Twi plushie a lot, but I have an attachment to a Mario plushie that someone got me for my birthday one year.

My sharks! :yay: The huge IKEA blåhaj might be my favorite, but the slightly smaller hammerhead one with a squeaker is absolutely adorable too. Then there are a couple of even smaller sharks but I've liked larger plushies especially much since they have more to hug.

I don't own a plushie. But of all the ones I got for my niece, the 4DE Trixie's my favorite.

I just wish 4DE as a company wasn't so horrible at distribution and customer service. If they'd operated faster and gotten around to making plushies for Zecora or Vinyl, I would have ordered them for myself.

My favorite plushie is my bobcat plushie! The bobcat was the mascot of the university where my dad went, so he bought the plushie for me when I was a kid.

My father died when I was 13 but I always think of him whenever I hug the plushie ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I have far too many plushies to pick a favorite. I've got 13 around my desk alone, and a whole bunch more in the closet. If I really have to choose, though, it's probably a panda plushie I've had since I was two. It's lost both its arms and its head before and the ears and arms are kind of chewed up, but it means the world to me even now. It's not actually one of the 13 on my desk or above it though.

Another good contestant is probably one I take with me to tournaments as a mascot, and which may or may not have its own Twitter account.

It's a very hard pick between those two, but since the green budgie is technically a pillow, I think I go with the fat budgie. It's so soft and squishy! And I just love how you can do everything to it, it will always jump back into its shape immediately!

photo_2018-07-29_00-27-58.jpg

8 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

My favorite plushie is my bobcat plushie! The bobcat was the mascot of the university where my dad went, so he bought the plushie for me when I was a kid.

My father died when I was 13 but I always think of him whenever I hug the plushie ^_^

I would love to see that plushie if it reminds you of your dad.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite plushie is my big panda, Florrie. I also have a red panda (with a justifiable superiority complex) named Pandora, a white pup named Pokey the Bad and a clown named C.C. (but don't ask him what those initials are for, he's touchy about that). 

12 hours ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

You gotta be kidding me that Stalright glimmer  plush is $315 that’s expensive and yea I would order that to but not pay $315 that’s a bit to much. But I really want her.

It's not just the plush itself you'd be paying for, but all the materials, time and effort that went into making it. And that took a lot of each. I can't imagine an artist wanting to set the price point for that to some petty retail value.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

It's not just the plush itself you'd be paying for, but all the materials, time and effort that went into making it. And that took a lot of each. I can't imagine an artist wanting to set the price point for that to some petty retail value.

Well, actually, the material isn't that expensive. I'm sometimes making plushies myself, with both minky fabric (the one the person used) and faux fur. The minky fabric actually isn't too expensive, but it always depends on the size of the plush. I usually pay 6€ (~7,2$) for 100x80cm, which already is the expensive one. I don't know the size of the plush, but it seems like regular size, so I would guess the price of the material would be around 30-40$, filling included.

Now, I don't know if the artist has made similar plushies with similar sewing patterns before, but they seem like an experienced person to me. And since everything else is done with a sewing machine (you can tell by the stitches), the time of making the pattern, cutting out the pieces, sewing them together and adding details... I would estimate a maximum of 8 hours of work.

So yes, I would actually agree that 315$ is too much for it, my estimated price would be 200$. It has no complicated pattern or anything. I mean, you can get custom plushies with very complicated patterns and even faux fur parts for 200$ by some artists. But well, if they sell it for 315$, this maker seems to be very popular. Popularity adds a lot to the price.

10 hours ago, Gryph said:

I would actually agree that 315$ is too much for it, my estimated price would be 200$. It has no complicated pattern or anything. I mean, you can get custom plushies with very complicated patterns and even faux fur parts for 200$ by some artists. But well, if they sell it for 315$, this maker seems to be very popular. Popularity adds a lot to the price.

Not only $315, but also only available on commission, only in November + from what I know it's about 135 cm long.

23 hours ago, Iam said:

Not only $315, but also only available on commission, only in November + from what I know it's about 135 cm long.

Hmm.. Okay, that's pretty weird actually XD So I assume this person makes them in masses for all of the commissioners then?

Even with the higher price for materials it would still be at 200$, since the patterns would still be the same, if you did multiple ones and you still have a lot of profit.

1 minute ago, Sondash Studios said:

A nice custom made Rainbow dash Plushie that costs 500$

Oh my XD

Well, for Dashie a higher price is okay because, obviously, more materials.

But yeah, just because of those commission prices I started making my own plushies. It's actually not too hard to learn and you can always find free patterns or buy patterns on Etsy, especially for ponies there are a lot of them out there.

i had a panda-teddybear when i was little,and i kept it for many years, it had a burn in one of its legs since i touched him on the wood-burning heater(i'm not sure how its called in english) by accident once, years after, when i went looking for him ,i couldn't find him,my mother probably gave him to some cousin or threw him away because of the burn. oh well maybe he's still in the attic waiting for me to dig him out

• Brohoof 1