Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff The Road to Warm Sands

Dark Horse

"A city where you can get a happy ending, but only if you pay a little extra."

Yep, sometimes you gotta dish out a little to gain a little. It's the hard truth that has been prevalent all throughout history. However, some in particular find themselves in the prime position to... assist you in this endeavour. To lessen the burden by relieving you of one's 'coin'.

You see where I'm getting at yet?

Spoiler

949.png

Well, the chances are that if you've never played Skyrim (despite Todd Howard's best attempts), or indeed any Elder Scrolls game, you are now regarding this post with confusion and/or suspicion. Is this the long suspected announcement that MLP Forums has gone full-on corporate? Are we now to start charging you for profile space? Will we limit your monthly posting allotment to a subscription package? Are new emotes to be made available only via loot boxes!? Raritysmileyshock.png

...Or perhaps you just want me to shut up and get on with the obvious announcement. :catface:

In truth; there was once a member of MLPF Staff by the name of "Khajiit". Perhaps to avoid the all too frequent distrust and discrimination against his feline species, however, Khajiit stepped away from his position and returned to the warm sands of Elsweyr, where he could at least operate his totally-legitimate Skooma business without the constant eye of judgemental ponies. :yeahno:

However, times have changed, and the Skooma business isn't what it once was. Khajiit has since turned a new leaf and gone legit-legit, even changing his working name to @Passion to show that he is, erm... very passionate about his new line of coin-generating ventures!

And what is this new venture, you may ask?

Spoiler

And+skooma+lots+and+lots+of+skooma+_bc48

:please:

Okay, in all seriousness, @Passion's new... passion is for art. Specifically, for the art found in Octavia's Hall, where he will now be based as a Sectional Moderator for the team. I'm always glad to see old faces returning, but we are all supremely confident in Passion's abilities both from his previous experience and 'passion' to help OH grow as a whole into the future! I have no doubt that OH has gained a valuable new stalwart.

...Just remember to keep your thieving Khajiit hands to yourself in there. :unamused:

Best of luck, @Passion, and welcome to the team. ;)

Spoiler

Khajiit1.PNG

• Brohoof 14

i'm sure you'll let nopony burdened with the hard choice of where to spent their coin, one question though, does moon sugar count as the moon when you want to go awoo?
anyway, your excelent stalking skills will be put to good use this way, and Octavia's hall will be a better place for it.

• Brohoof 4

It's great to have you back, @Khajiit! I think you've fit right back into the kooky staff environment we've started to build. :p

Octavia's Hall has a great new addition. :)

Having worked alongside Passion back in 2014, and running accross him from time to time in Rarity centric content, I already know how he is more than up to the task. OH has a solid curator and art champion to join the other members of the team. Note to community. While jokes of coin will likely dominate this topic, the only true currency that Passion prizes is Rarity art 

Especially this variation. 

1ece3226d38a4ca16b51f1b29149e67cb59947af_00.jpg

• Brohoof 7

9 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Stuff.

I would feel absolutely indignated by half of these ridiculous and unprecedented accusations if not for the fact that the other half is true. I'll leave you to decide which one is which. Nevertheless, it shan't be surprising Khajiit can be found where coin is :fabulous:

9 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

This has been a long day coming and I'm glad he has finally gotten the shiny badge. :love:

Plus, I have no wares to sell to you. @Passion :toldya:

No wares = no coin = no deal.

You're poor Taze :x

9 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

Does moon sugar count as the moon when you want to go awoo?

:mlp_confused: I... uh... ... ... let's settle on that: Only if the piece is in the shape of a crescent.

9 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

It's great to have you back, @Khajiit! I think you've fit right back into the kooky staff environment we've started to build. :p

Octavia's Hall has a great new addition. :)

Build? I always believed that you need to be kooky to be staff, and never yet had anything indicate otherwise! Thanks Rose ;D

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

1ece3226d38a4ca16b51f1b29149e67cb59947af_00.jpg

I doubt I need to quote more. Jeric just knows my weaknesses.

PS: Thanks for kind words.

8 hours ago, Rikifive said:

7bQylpH_d.jpg.abe88145cd6e8c66a0fa612efbae9c4b.jpg

That's what I can say--- or shout I should say.:D

:crackle: We even have a dragon to fill the duet!

7 hours ago, Pucksterv said:

Congrats on the promotion and look forward to seeing you in Octavia Hall :3

The entire trick will lie in not being visible there but still doing the job :> But I will admit, this is a motivation for me to visit it even more often and actually get out of lurking state. I have been also horrendously ignoring the musical scene of OH, and I have just discovered it was an unacceptable mistake!

5 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Oh, oh poor @Passion. What ever possessed you to go back into the fray? :awed:

Silly Khajiit. You just like punishment, don't ya? ;) 

I cannot say I do not, Fhao. I enjoy punishment. You'll see I'll punish them all with great pleasure! Also, somebody needs to help out since you're already not doing it, ye lazy bum! ^^

But seriously, is abundance of free time connected with artistic soul a valid enough answer for you? With a little pinch of sentiment at the top as dressing.

4 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Welcome back to the fold as they say @Passion.

Thanks Ganondorf. Been a while for me, I admit.

Afterword: Sure it's been a while for me and OH is a vastly different challenge. I've been just discovering past recent couple of weeks how much I've been missing out focusing mainly on the visual aspects of the section.

I will confess there are a few things I need to wrap my head around still, as I may have underestimated this section a bit, but it's a matter of very short time for me to find my ways, discover the shadows to hide in, discover my pathways and provide efficient service!

Thanks for all the kind words and see you all in OH! The doors are always open.

• Brohoof 6

Whoa, congrats, @Passion! Great to hear you're getting back into the srs bzns hoss once again! :D

I'm quite certain you'll do amazingly in the position, as long as those illicit coin transfers of yours never get picked up by the accountancy department. don't forget mine

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked