Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like Starlight Glimmer?

DivineMist1000

Do you like Starlight Glimmer?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Starlight?

• Yes, she's awesome and so beautiful!
    • No, she tried to kill everypony and I'll never forgive her for that!

Not a fan they wasted a good two seasons trying to fix her character after her redemption because they also had to focus on characters that didn't need focusing on, but by the end of the series, she was finally a character in her own right

I really like her, I get that some people have problems and call her shoehorned in, but I disagree. She had a lot of great moments and added quite a bit if you ask me. Phyllis nooo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fine with Starlight. Aside from her backstory lacking a bit of depth, I liked the direction her arc went in. You could say it's very similar to Sunset, but I feel that Starlight's arc eventually has enough differences to be a fresh storyline. Especially so during the later seasons. As a character, she's cool. I'd hang out with her. 

She's great! The only thing I'm disappointed about is she didn't get enough time as a villain. Also, I much prefer her old mane style

I think she got better with each new season though. The less focus she got, the more natural it felt to watch her and view her as a regular character in the show

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I think it's interesting how so much of the fandom loves her. I feel nothing when it comes to Starlight Glimmer. Honestly, I don't particularly like her. She lacks personality in my eyes. Perhaps I'm missing something, here. But she simply does not interest me. You'd think that with all of the screen time she gets, she would grow on me, but she just hasn't. 

Don't get me wrong, she's super cute and fun. But in terms of character and personality...I'm not a fan. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like her a lot. She was a great villain (except for the lame backstory), and she became a great supporting cast member and well-rounded character. By the end of the show she was easily one of my favorites.

• 1 year later...

I like Starlight Glimmer a lot. I also love the relation between her and Twilight develops. Thanks to her even Trixie grew on me later

Parts of me is still sad, we haven't seen more of her

So great addition to the show in my opinion

• Brohoof 2

I like Starlight Glimmer more in episodes where she's paired with Trixie vs. when Starlight has a solo story

such as,  "Every Little Thing She Does"or "A Royal Problem".

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I liked Starlight. I am always a sucker for villains who turn into good guys in the end. Hers, however, was special because redemption was only the first step and she had much further to go before she learned everything about friendship.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I first met her character, I didn't really like her. I thought she was just kind of a Twilight clone (seriously I didn't like how the names Twilight and Starlight sounded very similar and it got me so worked up). It took a long time to adjust to her, but now I can say with confidence that she's a sweetheart.

• Brohoof 1