Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who gave "the talk?"

ManaMinori

Who do you guys think gave our favorite ponies "the talk"?  Mom? Dad? Some other pony? Did your favorite pony find out on their own? 

(And Starlight Glimmer. I can't imagine her dad giving her the talk, and since it seems like she left home at a young age and wound up starting a cult in the middle of nowhere, I wonder who gave her "the talk, too...)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Probably their parents since that is usually something a parent would do in that kind of situation.

What about Rd, who avoided her parents for most her life, Applejack, who had no parents for most of hers, and Pinkie, who left hers as a foal? 

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

Eh, personally I'm still going with "no genitalia, no sexual reproduction" headcanon, regardless of what Faust said in a DA comment.

But we see hormones at work in many episodes. How would that work without the hardware? And the Cake twins....

• Brohoof 1

Here are my freshly made up headcanons:

Twilight Sparkle: Read it all in a book, asked Celestia to clarify some stuff, she sent Twi to ask her mom.

Applejack: Granny Smith.

Rainbow Dash: Fluttershy explained her shyly while taking care of little critters.

Rarity: Cookie Crumbles, a lady must be properly educated on such topics.

Pinkie Pie: (no one has talked to her yet about it).

Fluttershy: her mom and dad explained her and Zephyr Breeze things before Shy moved to Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

But we see hormones at work in many episodes. How would that work without the hardware? And the Cake twins....

Hey, for all we know, it could be magic. After all, the word "pregnant" was never used in the show, as far as I can tell - even in The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, they only used the phrase "having a baby". Plus, have we have had any visual indications of pregnancy so far?

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Hey, for all we know, it could be magic. After all, the word "pregnant" was never used in the show, as far as I can tell - even in The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, they only used the phrase "having a baby". Plus, have we have had any visual indications of pregnancy so far?

Cadence certainly wasn't showing. Heh.

10 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

What about Rd, who avoided her parents for most her life, Applejack, who had no parents for most of hers, and Pinkie, who left hers as a foal? 

*snerk* Rarity certainly has a strategy for when she needs to connive a pony into giving her what she wants: Find a way to get the body to divert blood from the brain to... 

image.thumb.png.8fc9517ae50e2a8689da125273f71033.png

...elsewhere.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

2 hours ago, Quinch said:

I’m pretty sure these ponies reproduce the “old fashioned way” and not by wishing upon a flower or some shit :dash:

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m pretty sure these ponies reproduce the “old fashioned way” and not by wishing upon a flower or some shit :dash:

If the studio ever does that and shows some kind of "stork" solution to baby-making, I dunno... it might incite a fan riot. :laugh:

7 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

If the studio ever does that and shows some kind of "stork" solution to baby-making, I dunno... it might incite a fan riot. :laugh:

Heh, it is a kids' show - it's more likely than not.

46 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Heh, it is a kids' show - it's more likely than not.

Hiding the "sex happens" thing from kids is also becoming less and less popular though. But I can't see any point in drawing attention to it at all. If a kid asks, the parents can explain it whichever way they want.

2 hours ago, Beached Whale said:

In my head, I sort of imagine that every pony besides Twilight got the talk from their parents. Twilight's just an innocent little egghead though :ticking:

Naa... she learned at a younger age than most. Having read every book she had, she then scoured the house for more, and eventually stumbled on a seedy instructional guide.

• 1 year later...

they probably learned they way I did, watching one of those 80s sex education videotape for kids that your parents give you to watch by yourself and hope you like and understand it.

6 hours ago, Ittoni said:

they probably learned they way I did, watching one of those 80s sex education videotape for kids that your parents give you to watch by yourself and hope you like and understand it.

Oh god....

The ponies don't do that thing. The fillies are just delivered with the storks, like it should be! :Thorax: