• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

It's impossible not to have an accent. An accent is a standardized way of pronouncing things specific to a region. They exist in every languages. One can have a standard accent, but it's still an accent. If you can speak, you have an accent, no matter what.

That being said I have a French Canadian accent (I'm not sure if it sounds any different than a France french accent in English, but it's probably similar) I'm working on it, but I can never quite get it to disappear. They say that the french accent is one of the hardest accents to get rid of when speaking other languages, because it's so different from every other language. But still, it's not as bad as it used to be, and people have no problem understanding what I say. Once people will stop asking me where I'm from whenever I speak in English, I'll consider that a success.

• Brohoof 2

I have no accent nor a speech impediment.

I think I can keep up with conversation fairly well as long as it's not boring or something that's kind of out of my territory of knowledge. If it comes to that I might shift focus to another thing using that ol "Speaking of which" phrase and then introduce it from there haha.

• Brohoof 1

English is not my native language; Chinese is. However, living in New York for so long, I don't believe I have any accent in my Engrish (just kidding :lol: )

In fact, I probably have an "American accent" in my Chinese if anything at this point. After taking classes in Japanese though, my roommate, who is a Japanese native, says I speak Japanese with a "Chinese accent". *Sigh* I guess it never left me. It was just hiding and English seems to be the only language I can speak correctly. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I fell like at times, I can't say "R"s right, but it may just be me. I live in Indiana. I don't think I have an accent. I feel like I talk normally, but other people may think different.

• Brohoof 1

I do not believe I have an accent. If I did it would most likely be a Southern accent, but I'm pretty sure I don't have one of those.

I like typing out 'y'all' sometimes, which is a total Okie thing, but I don't actually ever say that IRL. lol

I do not have any speech impediments, although I do tend to suck at speaking. As for getting off subject. That seems (in my mind) like something I'd do a lot, but I don't know that I actually do. I know I do it sometimes, though. And after I do I realize the person I was speaking to most likely had no clue why in the world it got changed, when it was some random association in my mind with what we were talking about before. lol

• Brohoof 1

I've got a British accent but I lack any regional accent. Apparently you can't tell where I'm from from my accent but more the way I say things, words used etc.

I don't have a speech impediment but I do sometimes use the wrong words or if I'm hurried with my speech I will occasionally mispronouce something.

And I try to stay on topic but if somethings too good for me to just not run off with I tend to give in to that want.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

"Hey buddy, I'm speaking in an accent that is beyond her range of hearing!"

I was born up north but then I moved down south so I have this weird pseudo-northern accent but I also have some southern twang (not much but it's there). I don't have a speech impediment but at times, if I foget what I'm about to say, I just stop moving with my conversation and repeat the last few words that I said.

I easily get off topic and, as a matter of fact, I'm usually thinking of two or three turns a conversation can take before ianyone else even responds.

• Brohoof 2

Why is there a "no accent" option, everyone has an accent, and i cant believe how many people actually used that option. i used to stutter but i grew out of that, but i guess the only thing i have is the british accent.

I do not believe I have an accent.

Every one has an accent, but you wouldnt be able to tell as your voice sounds differnt to you, i'm british so i have a british accent so where ever you are from (which i asume is america because of the y'all) i will hear your american accent and your accent will most likely be from the region where yoiu are from in america.

• Brohoof 2

I've got a Midwestern nasal tone to my voice. I also tend to end sentences with "eh?" Wisconsin'll do that to you.

I might just post a video so you guys can tell me how I sound, I dunno.

• Brohoof 2

I speak with a very particular accent its called Spanish... and makes things kind of dificult to some guys to undestand so I have learned to change that and speak with a more US kind of speach.

Sarcasm asside I dont have thtat many chances to practice my english so its dificult some times to express what i want to say, but I think with practice I would be able to get rid of that stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Every one has an accent, but you wouldnt be able to tell as your voice sounds differnt to you, i'm british so i have a british accent so where ever you are from (which i asume is america because of the y'all) i will hear your american accent and your accent will most likely be from the region where yoiu are from in america.

But that's the thing, I don't have an accent from my region. I don't have that Southern accent.

Do I sound different as opposed to other countries? Yes. But saying I have an 'American accent' is extremely general.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds so stupid but I say my 's' 'r' at the corner of my mouth. Apparently a talk posh but some times I talk scouse when I say things like 'chicken' Even though I am veggie so I dont say 'Scootaloo' alot :D

I have a half-Quebec accent, so if I say "salmon" loudly enough it comes out "sah-mohn" and stuff like that. I also speak far too quickly for most people to understand and stumble over my words to the point of borderline speech impediments. Once my jaw widens with puberty I should be able to speak easier.

I suppose I talk with no apparent accent. I have no apparent speech impediments either.

One could go as far as to say I have a "Canadian" accent with the amount I say eh' and other Canadian stereotypes but I don't think Canadian is strong enough to count. XD ;)

Edited by Death the Kid

I guess I have an Albertan accent, I do say 'eh' quite often in conversation (but I've never said aboot isntead of about). I also stutter sometimes if I get nervous or anxious and it makes me feel embaressed which in turn makes me stutter MORE, so usually if I start to stutter I have to force myself to just shut up for a minute or two, which makes it awkward if I'm midway through explaining something to someone. Most of my friends understand why I'll suddenly be quiet though.

But that's the thing, I don't have an accent from my region. I don't have that Southern accent.

Do I sound different as opposed to other countries? Yes. But saying I have an 'American accent' is extremely general.

yes and saying that i have british accent is also very genral, it doesnt matter how you put it you still have an accent from that region even if it isnt that distinguishable , thats why i believe that the "no accent" box should be removed.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm Canadian, so I'm pretty much accent-less. I do tend to start talking in stupid voices, though, but none of them are really nationalities XD

I also ramble a lot and get way off topic, and link random things to whatever's going on in my head. Someone will be talking about something we're doing in Maths and I'll find a way to link it to "is cannibalism normal?"

On that note, I always ask questions like that, and usually spark this huge rampant debate between me and a friend who argue all the time XD

• Brohoof 1

Got a southern accent I'm told, also got a bit of a stutter problem. Whenever I am trying to think of on the spot sentences or something, if I don't stop myself to think I will get hung up on a word, but I've fixed that for the most part. I try and think of a conversation before it happens, and think through all the different types of answers if need be. If I don't, I'm usually pretty good at stopping and thinking about it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the only one who voted New Jersey accent! (It's lonely at the top!) Anyway, I have a slight stutter that comes out when I'm really emotional. It made me rather shy while growing up. If I get really angry or upset, it comes back to the point where I have difficulty speaking.

I probably have a Standard American Accent mixed with some diphthongs which are probably indicative of a New York accent. When I get annoyed or exclaim something, I tend to notice that my diphthongs change rather noticeably.

As far as I can tell, I don't have a speech impediment. I sometimes stumble over certain words, but it is not a common occurrence.

I tend to stay on topic in conversations; however, my sentences sometimes digress when I have a lot of ideas which I am attempting to convey.

• Brohoof 1