• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

How does one not have an accent?  :ph34r: I'm pretty sure everyone has an accent one way or another. Also, the specificness of each accent varies quite a bit. 

Either way, I voted British.  :P

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have an accent though I wish I did. Some people tend to tell me I have a slight french accent. Though I'm from USA. If I wanted an accent I'd pick Russian. Russian men have the sexiest accent, or Hispanic. x3

I have an accent, everyone does. It's Midwestern, the default "American" accent. No speech impediments (but hell yeah Spaghatta Nadle), and I usually stay on topic but sometimes I digress. Most of the time there is no topic, as it's pretty much all jokes.

I've been told I have a gentle Welsh accent. This generally means deeper vowels :) However I never notice it myself :x

I also talk rather quickly, talk a lot, and pronounce 'tissue' as 'ti-shoo', not 'tiss-yoo'. Oh, and I can't end a word with the 's' sound properly, as it comes out somewhat like a snake hissing, unless I quickly mute the 's'.

I couldn't really classiy that I have an accent. I can tell a New York accent can't count, but it could. I might be American but, born in New York with a accent sort of.

My voice is a standard English Midwestern accent; however I often had difficulty pronouncing "TH" in my youf and while it has improved, it crops up every now and den.  

However, since I read more than I speak, I might have something of a "librarian's" accent; that is, I can't properly pronounce words I've never actually heard.  Don't know how distinctive that is though.

i have typical southern "defects" as my beau calls them.  i say winder (window), plugin (electrical outlet), yonder, and hose-pipe (garden hose), kitty cornered (catty-cornered/diagonal), drop cord (extension cord), lightning bugs (fireflies), dirt dobbers (mud wasps), and barried (borrowed).  theres letters missing, and then put in places they dont belong in other words haha.

but, the way appalachian mountain folk talk is the closest living comparison to the speech during shakespeare's time.

i also forget words a lot and substitute similar words or phrases that dont fit quite right.

its moisting outside--forgot the word for rain

patter-ins = patterns

cornucopia= mamaw's corn salad (medley of colours and stuff, plentiful and has corn in it...)

biddies=baby chicks or children

puddin heads - cats

wigglers--puppies

"I grew up in the mugs!" (i meant to say that i was born here and was used to the muggy weather, but thats all i got out lmao)

old muffin hands--god help me they were oven mits that smelled terrible

and gingermanbreads xD

I'm a Northern Californian, so my accent is to say "hella" ad infinitum. XD

maybe thats where i picked that up xD i have family in northern cali, like in the hills up yonder xD  old hippies dont die, they just move to california...

I imagine I have some sort of American accent but I'm not to sure what I'd peg it as. I'm sure if I spoke in another language, the native speakers would laugh at how American I sound. I have no speech impediment but when I was younger I use to occasionally get a little whistle when I pronounced an "s" sound. 

I tend to stay on topic but begin to wander if I start thinking out loud. If the topic changes to something I don't want to talk about, I tend to stop talking.

I have a Northwest American accent.

...yes, that IS a real accent. Please believe me.  :( 

I live in Hickville, USA, but I like to imagine that my vocabulary is above the uncouth crowd I go to school with. But that doesn't stop me from throwing "ain't" in a conversation.

"That ain't how that works..."  :P

I find it stupid how us Americans think we have no accent. To other nations, we have accents. It's just us, in our infinite stupidity, thinking that we don't have an accent, when in actuality, we do.

• Brohoof 1

Australian accent here, the strength of which depends greatly on who I'm around. In my last two jobs (especially the second one, being a call centre) it was pretty important to speak clearly and legibly. Which is kinda the opposite of an Australian accent :P 

When I'm around other people I kinda let it slip, though :P

Believe it or not American's have accents. I'm a Greek American and have an American accent from long Island. In my house though my father has a heavy Greek accent but it's one of the things I love about him.

I tend to talk very fast and stumble over words but over the years that has become less of a problem for me.

Edited by Twisted-Bone

Other people always tell me I have a southern accent, but then again most folks from Oklahoma do. I'm always embarrassed to hear my own voice, so I mosty rely on what others tell me :) :]

It is hard for one to say how they sound to others, but they can compare it to how people talk on tv. 

With TV, people actually formed one main accent, rather than all the areas having different ones. This way it forms a basis I guess.

But I can't tell yah, I know how to make other accents, but I don't know what my main one would be.

I have a little bit of a Canadian one, but it isn't usually all that noticeable,(Eh?). I live in Michigan currently, which is sometimes called south Canada, ad I can kind of tell in the talking.(Eh?) But I have been to Canada before. I don't say eh all that much though. (Eh?) I stumble over words all the time, but that's not an accent, that's just me being bad at talking. (Yes, the eh thing is just a little joke.)

Edited by Brosparkles

My accent is arabian english accent.

-----------------------------------------------

100 charararacters limimimimimimimimimimimit!

that is terribly disgustinginginging!

I'm British, and I'd describe my accent as being a cleaner version of a Londoner.

I've just recently started announcing my T's a little bit more, but not to the point where I sound 'posh'.

Since my parents both were married/raised/ etc. in France and then moved here (America) they have heavy French accents.  Having being raised around both parents having that accent, I too have a heavy French accent (I get a lot of hate for it for some reason  :(

Some people say I have a slight accent because I apparently draw out my vowels,specifically the "o"s.I've never noticed it,but a lot of people have commented about it.I also still have some speech problems from when I was a kid and often trip on my words because I'd speak a little too fast for others.Plus,I tend to mix up words a lot once my mouth gets going in a conversation,so I sound like a lunatic/idiot at times.Yet strangely enough,I can read lines from a book or something perfectly.

Anyhow,I guess you can say I speak as a lunatic/idiotic American with some weird,if ever so slight,accent.

I guess I have a Chicago accent, but to be honest it really isn't that pronounced.  I also do have the tendency to talk fast.

And I do have the tendency to drift in conversations, too. A lot of times the person I am having the conversation with and I will stop halfway through and question how we ended up segwaying onto the topic are on. :P

Edited by StratoPegasus