• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I don't even know =D. I think I don't have accent :/ But I really would like to have one =D British accent is really good and sweet =D I would like to have that one ^^

For those of you voting that you don't have an accent... american is an accent as well. If you ever ask someone that has an accent, that isn't american, they will tell you there ARE american accents. So the whole thing with 'i don't have an accent' is wrong, it just seems like you don't because its your natural accent that you speak with all the time.

I have an american accent, but i can totally pull off Scottish.

Edited by Ponyworld Destroyer

My voice depends on who I'm around and goes by my mood. 

When I'm with family and in my comfort zone, I'll venture out and play with accents. Sometimes I'll sound Russian, sometimes I'll talk in a British accent, and when I'm being annoying I'll throw in my Kim Kardashian impression (which I'm very good at)

If I don't like you, my voice is deeper and lower. 

If I do like you, my voice is nice and high and oh so feminine. 

When I'm with my father's side of the family, I talk very ghetto. 

When I'm with my mother's side of the family, I don't use any slang.

I'm a gewd ol' Amuurikan. Livin' in between New York and Mass.

you should add scottish because scottish and british dont sound the same so yea oh and you know ponies oh and yea since i couldnt really vote i have a scottish accent

Actually, a Scottish accent would also be a British accent, since Scotland is in Britain. The options are a bit... vague, though. As I already said, some of them are fairly specific, whilst others are a bit more ambiguous. And I'm still not sure how anyone can have no accent... 

I did have a lovely biritsh accent, but then I was forced to grow different one. It's not my real one, it sounds terrible, and I keep stuttering whenever I use it, but when I try to use my real voice, it feels like it takes too much effort, and I should go back to slurring and mispronouncing my words like a drunkard.

Actually, a Scottish accent would also be a British accent, since Scotland is in Britain. The options are a bit... vague, though. As I already said, some of them are fairly specific, whilst others are a bit more ambiguous. And I'm still not sure how anyone can have no accent... 

it is impossible to have no accent what would it sound like it would possibly sound very mono-toned and boring and i dont see why americans say they have no accent when they clearly do because they are not mono-toned and boring thats only their tv shows :L

Edited by Chigens and Kay
Edited out the multi-posts.

it is impossible to have no accent what would it sound like it would possibly sound very mono-toned and boring and i dont see why americans say they have no accent when they clearly do because they are not mono-toned and boring thats only their tv shows :L

Accent:

Noun

A distinctive mode of pronunciation of a language, esp. one associated with a particular nation, locality, or social class.

Even if the way someone talks is mono-toned or boring (and boring is entirely subjective, by the way), it's still a mode of pronunciation and therefor, an accent.
Even Microsoft Sam has an accent.   :P
Edited by Hansel

Accent:

Noun

A distinctive mode of pronunciation of a language, esp. one associated with a particular nation, locality, or social class.

Even if the way someone talks is mono-toned or boring (and boring is entirely subjective, by the way), it's still a mode of pronunciation and therefor, an accent.
Even Microsoft Sam has an accent.   :P

nice dictonary were did you get it i would like to know i myself use an oxfard dictonary how about you it seems really good if you can find out what accent is (joke dont take the wrong way it was either this or another unoriginal grammer nazi joke)

nice dictonary were did you get it i would like to know i myself use an oxfard dictonary how about you it seems really good if you can find out what accent is (joke dont take the wrong way it was either this or another unoriginal grammer nazi joke)

But... I wasn't being a grammar Nazi, I was simply clarifying the definition of a word.  -_- My grammar isn't good enough for that, anyway.

However, if you'd like, I could be a punctuation Nazi and dramatically fix everything you're writing. :wub:

Edited by Hansel

I don't have an accent, but I do have trouble staying on topic due to my ADHD, it sucks really, but at times, it's best. Especially if it's an awkward conversation, you can change the topic easily.

I don't have an accent... I wish I did though. I sound so normal and all, or in my perspective. Sometimes when I hear people talk with accents, all I want to do is just keep listening to that person. Is that weird? 

I'm half Filipino/Chinese and I managed to pick-up an astonishingly good english accent watching cartoons when I was growing up. I sorta mimicked what was being said on TV until I learned half of the english vocabulary. The rest came from school but I was already speaking with an accent that I get confused for a foreign national. It's crazy sometimes but I'm glad to have practiced my speech early on to have it refined along the way.

It's a nice advantage for me when socializing with the opposite sex. They get intrigued ;)

I try to pronounce English as best as I can as a non-native speaker. I think I sound better than most Germany who try speaking English.

I can, however, imitate a few german accents, like bavarian, saxonian or rhinelandian

I have a really weird mix of accent's.

My dad was born in Canada mum was born in the Bahamas so I kinda have a mix of Canadian and Bahamian accent's.

For example. Usually you pronounce Aunt like A-nt I pronounce Aunt like Au-nt it almost sound's like awnt. But I also have my Canadian side...Aboot Hoose...I say it all the way it is meant to be said...Its not Abawt its About.

I have a Bahadian accent  :lol:

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

okay, for starters, I do not have any sort of accent, while I voted to on speech impediment I wasn't really sure if slow speech counted... if so, I will change that.

Also yes, I do tend to dive off-topic sometime but that's only when I'm adding in some sort of humor to a post :P

I often end up having disagreements over the fact I don't say the words like "water" or "glass" with an "r" in them. Must be my Country Bumpkin side coming out in my speech.

• Brohoof 1

I do have kind of an accent, I would believe that it's a Latin accent of some sort, but I can't say for sure; people from my country have always been depicted as having stereotypical Russian accent, even though we're a Latin country

as far as I can tell, I don't think I have any speech impediment when speaking in English or any other language, as for digressing...yeah, I think I can do that sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

One new thing that I have noticed: I tend to use "you" as an indefinite pronoun in place of "one". Here's one example:

It's fascinating how you can have threads titled "Am I the only true Twilight Sparkle fan?" and "Am I the only person here who's not a fan of Twilight Sparkle?" almost one after another.

I thought this was just an informal way of speaking, but judging by the multiple confused reactions that I have gotten out of this use of the word "you", I'm beginning to think it is some sort of regionalism (I live in Phoenix, Arizona if that helps). Any linguistic experts to confirm or deny it?