• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

Despite being from New Jersey, I have no noticable accent or dilect (like most people from New Jersey). I don't have trouble pronoucing any letters (though I do have a slightly silibant "s"). I generally stay on topic when I speak, but I will sometimes get off topic if I start to see the other person is not interested.

I'm from Maryland.. so I don't think I have an accent....

I do have issues with my Rs. I use to be really bad with it when I was younger so my mom put me in speech therapy until I got them right. But I still slip every once in a while. I cringe when i do it. Bleh

I tend to bounce from topic to topic when talking with someone.Most people I talk to do so too. Which is fortunate since then we can talk about 50 different things before going back to our original topic.

Because I'm from Norway, I sometimes get some kind of Norwegian accent(obviously), and sometimes I don't.

Also, because my lower jaw is undershot, I sometimes have trouble saying s and h properly, they sort of just disappear from the word, which sometimes annoys me. Whether I tend to go off-topic or not depends on how serious the conversation are.

I'm Filipino and Australian but mostly leaning on the Filipino side. When I talk I don't know how to explain it but I have a bit of an accent in some of my words and I tend to fail at pronouncing words too like Popsicle=Popstikle Epitome=Epatom and yeah. lol I accept it though its how I was born. Also I tend to studder and travel off-topic to other topics.

The truth is....

be prepared

Everyone has an accent!

dun dun duhhh.

Sorrry, I just had to point this out. I find it hurtful when people say they don't have an accent when in reality everyone does

The truth is....

be prepared

Everyone has an accent!

dun dun duhhh.

Sorrry, I just had to point this out. I find it hurtful when people say they don't have an accent when in reality everyone does

How is something like that hurtful?

Also, generally when people say they don't have an accent, they typically mean they don't have a noticable accent.

I sound like a swede, and tend to mix swedish pronouncing, so words like "very" is "värry" and I extend vocals and r sounds.

My voice however sounds like I am a murdering druglord from the slums

I live in Pittsburgh, so sometime the "Pittsburghguese" (The dubbed Pittsburgh accent) like to come out during my conversations. Sometime a British accent like to break through, and it effects some of my word pronunciation. My friend's name is Tyler and for some reason I saw his name different than I say any other word. (Maybe it's Pittsburghguese)

While to me it doesn't sound like I have an accent, everyone does, as previously stated. I am from Northwestern America; Northern Idaho to be more exact. I have found that most people here seem to speak Standard American English, contrary to popular belief.

As far as I know, I have no speech impediment, except for the occasional mess-up of a word (which happens to all of us).

While I usually stay on track in conversations, with some friends we can look back on a conversation wondering how we got from point A to point B. Half the time we can't figure it out.

• 11 months later...

What makes me laugh most is the amount of people who don't think they have an accent... Just because you can't hear your own accent or your voice doesn't fit into one category doesn't make you not have an accent... Everyone has an accent of sorts...

Back on topic... My accent is English (british)... It used to be mild Lancastrian but now I've picked up elements of a southern/London accent with slight hints of the north eastern accent... So yeah... My accent is weird xD it's a combination of lots of different regions...

And I have no speech impediments... I get tongue tied sometimes but I think everyone gets that... And as for conversation... I tend to digress... But if I really need to I can stay on topic...

I have a boring, generic, totally not interesting general American accent. I don't have a speech impediment per se, but there are some word parts that I tend to elongate or emphasize rather unnecessarily, and I've been told I sound nasally to boot. >_>

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I have been told I speak with a slight monotone, but eh it is only noticeable if you listen carefully or if I am trying to bullshit my way through work or some other annoying/unpleasant situation but then again a lot of people tend to do that when they are less than thrilled.