• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I don't really know what kind of accent I have. I do know that I live in a part of America where people will assume I have one of those bloody fargo accents. As far as I'm concerned, I don't sound anything like that.

Also, I tend to talk a little too fast and I also tend to go off topic slightly more than I'd wish to. :muffins:

I think it's been described like this from my Skype group chat:

"Ah'm gettin' pretty damned turred of this hurr Skahpe always messin' up on me when ah'm right in the middle of sayin' sumthin'."

I've even been told I've got a thick Texas drawl from other Texans, so I don't doubt it :D

Slight southern, can go EXTREMELY southern when I'm mad or excited.

I don't really have a speech impediment, but sometimes with words like "Yes" sounds like "YAY-US" or "Why" sounds like "WH-EYE"

it's weird lol.

Well, people seem to understand me when Im speaking to them so... I guess I don't really have an accent, speech impediment, or, off topic conversation skills. 

Or at least I don't think I have any of these, I may or may not have somewhat of an accent though. 

I don't talk like I type. I comes off kind of... monotone I guess? My tone usually peaks about 3/4's of the way, plus I use hard emphasis, a lot. 

Sometimes it cracks, and sometimes it sounds all raspy like I've been screaming or something. I sort of talk out of the back of my throat.

Edited by RED20

Well, where I'm from (Colorado) there is no real accent so no on that, I don't really have any speech impediments, but I do stutter alot when I'm nervous.  Usually I'm pretty good at staying on topic but it can ocassionaly slip into a spiral of complete randomness.  

Accent: I grew up around a Southern mother, with a Midwestern grandfather and another Midwestern friend (my only friend). I absorbed my accent as a combination of all of theirs, and now I might as well cut my own vocal cords because no one can understand what I'm saying anyway.

Ever since I started learning German, I get my languages mixed up sometimes. One of three things happens: 1) I speak the wrong language at the wrong time; 2) I screw up my S's (pronounced as English z in German) and especially R's (a unique German proununciation*, silent, or as English w, depending on context); 3) I accidentally mispronounce an English word with a German digraph, such as st, which in German is equivalent to scht (basically, I may pronounce street as shtreet, but some people do that anyway).

*(Unique pronunciation: Try trilling the R as in Spanish (I can't), but let the air just pass over your tongue without it actually vibrating. You can just barely tell it's a separate consonant. Trilling the R like Rammstein does is technically correct, but not really usual.)

Edited by Kelario

I am not American but my accent is from the western parts of the US. I actually love to speak English. So when you hear my accent, you may thought I am from the US

This was my dad working in the US and copes with lots of American employees

Edited by HanaLyeco

I don't really have an accent but I tend to talk with a British or Southern accent from time to time. I don't have any problems with my speech as far as I know. As for digressing, I tend to only change topics quickly if it's too awkward or just feels weird talking about the subject at hand. I tend to talk at a rapid rate and when the person asks me to repeat what I just said, I usually just give up and switch subjects. 

well, when i speek english i guess i don't have any accents, tough when i talk in my home laguage (dutch) i do have a 'gronings' accent.

this basically means you cut some words short and stuff. 

example: 

normal dutch sentence:

wij moeten naar de school om dingen te leren.

gronings dutch sentence: 

wie mott'n noar de school om ding'n te leer'n.

• Brohoof 1

Like quite alot of people from South Wales I can talk VERY fast, usually when im recording / skype calling people from the forums I tend to slow myself down a little. I tend to be lazy on certain letters and sometimes miss them all together like for example say 'Wha' instead of 'What'  or say doin instead of doing. 

It's just force of habit I suppose from living here all my life, I also have a welsh accent which makes some words sound different but theres far to many to tell :P

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kpZNGYuhOw

Example

Edited by Skylar

well, when i speek english i guess i don't have any accents, tough when i talk in my home laguage (dutch) i do have a 'gronings' accent.

this basically means you cut some words short and stuff. 

example: 

normal dutch sentence:

wij moeten naar de school om dingen te leren.

gronings dutch sentence: 

wie mott'n noar de school om ding'n te leer'n.

Ha I try to do that so much XD but I almost always fail :P

• Brohoof 1

I cannot make the "skj" sound in norwegian, and make some thick n. Here in town we also use the æ a lot.

In english I get comments on me sounding like a combination of a russian and a german. (At least I don't sound like an average norwegian, the norwegian accent is probably one of the most disgusting ones.)

I was born in country australia and lived there for several so I have a sort of australian/American accent when I talk. It's kinda hard to describe. Anyway sometimes I pronounce words that start with s funny sometimes when I get it jumbled up. I am sorta shy and quiet as well but when I do I sometimes go off topic about other things. It really depends who I am talking to.

I can't sa what accent I have. Since I'm from the South (East Texas to be exact), I put I have a Southern accent because I figured I probably have some of that anyways even if I can't hear it myself. But I've had people ask me if I'm from Britain or New York because of whatever accent I do have. I don't think it would be from those places, though, because I've never really been out of Texas. What I can say is that I try to speak proper-like but have a terrible tendency to not annunciate, speaking a bit fast but not opening my mouth enough if that makes any sense. I also seem to pronounce things wrong, like saying gauge like GOt instead of GAY.

I'm not sure what my accent is but I probably have one it would be Icelandic one but I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. It's kind of raw but a bit harsh sometimes, I think that maybe I don't have any accent but I'm not sure.

I do not have any speech impediments.

I do sometimes digress but it depends.