Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

On 12/28/2019 at 2:04 AM, Literally Snails said:

The spinning blades spun past Dynamo. Two of them lodged into the ice pillar on the ring beneath him, three passed over him while he jumped. The final blade nicked his left shoulder, cutting deep enough to draw blood before rushing past. The blade stung like it was coated in venom, and the pain lasted long after.

While Selene was still high in the air, she had no way to dodge or change directions when Dynamo fired his power shot at her. She didn't have time to explore Dynamo's thoughts, or she might have realized that he wanted her to dodge it. She held her front hooves out as if she was holding a polearm and slashed upward with the mimed instrument. "Dimensional Slash!"

Her attack was visually unremarkable. She appeared to be doing nothing but wave her hooves. But the beam Dynamo fired exploded in mid air, as if it collided with something.

Selene landed on all fours.

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111
As he launched his magic blast at Selene, Dynamo had been nicked in the shoulder by one of the spinning blades. Two of them had been lodged into the chunk of ice, three he was able to avoid by jumping, but the last one, he was not so fortunate. He felt his shoulder was bleeding slightly, while he closed one eye from the searing pain. It didn’t help that the quest controller was causing his arm to go slightly numb. He made sure to transform the blaster canon back into the regular quest controller. Both to avoid eating emery and for the pain in his arm to cease. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he watched Selene, who had placed her front hooves right in front of her.

Upon calling out her attack, Dynamo was momentarily confused. Not just by the name, but by the way she waved her arms. He gasped in realization as he saw his power shot exploded in mid flight. Almost as if the blast had hit an invisible wall. Dynamo flipped in the air, before landing on all fours. ‘Well, that’s just great. I thought my plan was fool proof. How did she manage to destroy my attack?’ He knew he had to change up his strategy as he only had a chunk of ice to use. He used up about thirty percent in that last maneuver, but he wasn’t in any danger at the moment. 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/29/2019 at 5:31 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111
As he launched his magic blast at Selene, Dynamo had been nicked in the shoulder by one of the spinning blades. Two of them had been lodged into the chunk of ice, three he was able to avoid by jumping, but the last one, he was not so fortunate. He felt his shoulder was bleeding slightly, while he closed one eye from the searing pain. It didn’t help that the quest controller was causing his arm to go slightly numb. He made sure to transform the blaster canon back into the regular quest controller. Both to avoid eating emery and for the pain in his arm to cease. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he watched Selene, who had placed her front hooves right in front of her.

Upon calling out her attack, Dynamo was momentarily confused. Not just by the name, but by the way she waved her arms. He gasped in realization as he saw his power shot exploded in mid flight. Almost as if the blast had hit an invisible wall. Dynamo flipped in the air, before landing on all fours. ‘Well, that’s just great. I thought my plan was fool proof. How did she manage to destroy my attack?’ He knew he had to change up his strategy as he only had a chunk of ice to use. He used up about thirty percent in that last maneuver, but he wasn’t in any danger at the moment. 

"How dismal," Rail complained. He sighed and reached into his pack of cigarettes before lighting a new one. "At least if I was in my room I could get a drink."

"Both of these fighters do like to take things slowly, but things are going to get interesting." Rokata assured.

Selene observed her enemy, attempting to interpret his thoughts. He's already worried. Perhaps I can end this quickly. But he's also contemplative. I need to keep my distance.

She repeated her attack from earlier by jumping for a bit of height and summoning her psychic bracers, three on each leg like before. Then she tossed the group of rings at Dynamo and they tracked him. "Psychic Bracers!"

41 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"How dismal," Rail complained. He sighed and reached into his pack of cigarettes before lighting a new one. "At least if I was in my room I could get a drink."

"Both of these fighters do like to take things slowly, but things are going to get interesting." Rokata assured.

Selene observed her enemy, attempting to interpret his thoughts. He's already worried. Perhaps I can end this quickly. But he's also contemplative. I need to keep my distance.

She repeated her attack from earlier by jumping for a bit of height and summoning her psychic bracers, three on each leg like before. Then she tossed the group of rings at Dynamo and they tracked him. "Psychic Bracers!"

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Selene jumped into the air again, Dynamo crouched down as a way of trying to anticipate Selene's next move. 'What's she up to? If the same trick didn't work, then why do it again? Is she testing me?' He thought, seeing the psychic bracers heading in his direction. He slowly closed his eyes and activated the Quest Controller once more. Ignoring the numbing in his front right hoof, He began to think of his next weapon to use. 'Think of the blade. Remember the arts. Forge into being.' He stood up as he held his front hooves out. His arm started to glow as a red blade was starting to form. The blade looked slightly heavy to carry as it had blue highlights to the overall design. There was even a hollowed out circle near the hilt of the blade. 

The blue unicorn soon opened his eyes as he held the blade, while standing in a battle pose. "Minato blade!" He called as he contemplated how to stop the incoming rings. He knew he could avoid them, but he couldn't take them all on at once. "I think it's time to test out if the legends of this sword are true." He thought of the action as kanji letters were appearing rapidly. One after the other, the blade began to glow in different colors, before stopping on a green aura. "Art of Jump!" As the sword art activated, Dynamo ran at Selene's previous spot, before taking a giant leap into the air. Almost as if he was flying, Dynamo cheered as he felt the exhilarating rush, before preparing to initiate a swiping strike.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Selene jumped into the air again, Dynamo crouched down as a way of trying to anticipate Selene's next move. 'What's she up to? If the same trick didn't work, then why do it again? Is she testing me?' He thought, seeing the psychic bracers heading in his direction. He slowly closed his eyes and activated the Quest Controller once more. Ignoring the numbing in his front right hoof, He began to think of his next weapon to use. 'Think of the blade. Remember the arts. Forge into being.' He stood up as he held his front hooves out. His arm started to glow as a red blade was starting to form. The blade looked slightly heavy to carry as it had blue highlights to the overall design. There was even a hollowed out circle near the hilt of the blade. 

The blue unicorn soon opened his eyes as he held the blade, while standing in a battle pose. "Minato blade!" He called as he contemplated how to stop the incoming rings. He knew he could avoid them, but he couldn't take them all on at once. "I think it's time to test out if the legends of this sword are true." He thought of the action as kanji letters were appearing rapidly. One after the other, the blade began to glow in different colors, before stopping on a green aura. "Art of Jump!" As the sword art activated, Dynamo ran at Selene's previous spot, before taking a giant leap into the air. Almost as if he was flying, Dynamo cheered as he felt the exhilarating rush, before preparing to initiate a swiping strike.

The Bracer's flew past Dynamo when he rushed beneath Selene, this time without hitting Dynamo at any point. Selene couldn't fly either, and she was already on the way down when Dynamo made his rush.

He's already learning to adapt, but he still can't see my illusions. If he did, he would know that only two of the rings from my psychic bracers are real. If that's the case, I know exactly the technique to recycle next.

"Dimensional Slash!" Selene swung her hooves like before, miming like she had a polearm in her hooves when in reality she had nothing. She swung in the direction of Dynamo's sword, and he felt his blade collide with something as hard as steel. Sparks appeared out of thin air, but his Minato blade continued on, cutting the fabric on Selene's left shoulder and drawing a thin mist of red blood.

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The Bracer's flew past Dynamo when he rushed beneath Selene, this time without hitting Dynamo at any point. Selene couldn't fly either, and she was already on the way down when Dynamo made his rush.

He's already learning to adapt, but he still can't see my illusions. If he did, he would know that only two of the rings from my psychic bracers are real. If that's the case, I know exactly the technique to recycle next.

"Dimensional Slash!" Selene swung her hooves like before, miming like she had a polearm in her hooves when in reality she had nothing. She swung in the direction of Dynamo's sword, and he felt his blade collide with something as hard as steel. Sparks appeared out of thin air, but his Minato blade continued on, cutting the fabric on Selene's left shoulder and drawing a thin mist of red blood.

As Selene called out the same attack as before, Dynamo swung the Minato blade at Selene. Since she was falling, it looked as if she wasn't able to use magic to fly. 'If that's the case, then that means I have the advantage. I can't fly that much, so I would have to use the option to fly wisely.' As both attacks collided, the blue unicorn felt as if his blade had hit something metal. Even though his attack had hit only the air. Gritting his teeth and giving a grunt, Dynamo tried to push back her attack, while trying to gain the advantage. Sparks had begun to fly as both fighter's were not budging an inch. The Minato blade continued to push back, until Dynamo managed to overpower Selene. Cutting the fabric and scoring a direct hit on her left shoulder. 

He flipped as he fell back towards the ring, before landing back on his hooves. He quickly turned around in preparation for Selene's next attack. At the same time, preparing to use the next Art in his arsenal. 'What was that attack she just did? Is that an illusion too? I can only guess that someone with a strong sense of magic can sense it.' He thought with a sigh. Both in being unsure of Selene's true potential, while knowing that Selene wouldn't give any secrets like his past opponents. "Oh, well. I guess I managed to get on the offensive and gave back a trade of damage. I can't stop now."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

Spoiler

"That's enough!" Selene said in a clear, powerful voice, loud enough to reverberate throughout the ring. She straightened her posture and stood straight. It certainly wasn't a ready fighting posture. She reached up with her right front hoof and gripped the end of her head wrappings with her fetlock. There was a shimmer in her eye. "I will fight you now."

"It seems like that last attack was more effective on Selene than we thought! She seems to be completely disoriented!" Topaz announced. "I say that because the last time I checked, this fight has already been going on for over a minute."

"First, I will remove these seals," Selene said. She pulled the wrapping on her head, revealing her light blue mane beneath, and Dynamo could see that there was black runic writing on the other side of the binding. Static electricity shot from the black lettering and struck her skin, but when she pulled the bindings further off, the electricity disappeared. As she unwound more of the wrappings, freeing her entire mane, Dynamo could see that every inch of her bindings were covered in the runic pattern, and the parts of her body that were freed emitted a faint glow.

She freed the top of her head, but still had a lot of bindings to remove. Since it was taking her so long, she was opening herself up to an attack from Dynamo if he chose to attack her while she couldn't defend herself.

• Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails

"Okay now I know you're doing this on purpose," Draco stated as he felt Dai try to keep his body down. He get's it he's injured and he's in pain but nothing will stop him from watching and instructing Dynamo. "Ouch!" he yelled out as he felt her poke his wound. "Alright alright Dai sheesh,"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

Reveal hidden contents

"That's enough!" Selene said in a clear, powerful voice, loud enough to reverberate throughout the ring. She straightened her posture and stood straight. It certainly wasn't a ready fighting posture. She reached up with her right front hoof and gripped the end of her head wrappings with her fetlock. There was a shimmer in her eye. "I will fight you now."

"It seems like that last attack was more effective on Selene than we thought! She seems to be completely disoriented!" Topaz announced. "I say that because the last time I checked, this fight has already been going on for over a minute."

"First, I will remove these seals," Selene said. She pulled the wrapping on her head, revealing her light blue mane beneath, and Dynamo could see that there was black runic writing on the other side of the binding. Static electricity shot from the black lettering and struck her skin, but when she pulled the bindings further off, the electricity disappeared. As she unwound more of the wrappings, freeing her entire mane, Dynamo could see that every inch of her bindings were covered in the runic pattern, and the parts of her body that were freed emitted a faint glow.

She freed the top of her head, but still had a lot of bindings to remove. Since it was taking her so long, she was opening herself up to an attack from Dynamo if he chose to attack her while she couldn't defend herself.

Dynamo closed an eye as he ears fell from Selene's shouting. The power in her voice was loud enough to echo throughout the ring. As she reached up to grip the wrappings, he could see the shimmering in her eyes. "Oh, great. You mean to tell me she wasn't taking this seriously yet?" He muttered as Selene began to take the wrapping off of her face. 'It makes sense that she was testing me before. I'm beginning to wonder what's going to happen now?' As she removed the head wrappings, Dynamo could see her light blue mane from underneath. What caught his attention was not her blue mane, but the runic writing on the other side of the binding. Static electricity began striking her skin, before disappearing the more the bindings were pulled away. 'Is that...a seal? Is that used to keep her power and magic in check? If so, then the more the bindings are removed, the stronger and more threatening she'll be.'

After freeing the top of her head, Dynamo noticed that Selene was taking a long time to prepare. He sensed her presence with his magic sense and noticed that she was wide open. 'It's like playing a video game. If they are charging their energy, then they leave themselves wide open. I have to take a chance!' He thought, the kanji on his Minato blade was changing once again. This time, the glow of the sword had a blue aura to it. "Art of Speed!" He quickly changed into his spin dash and in a blink of an eye, he vanished. The art increased his movement as he moved much more quickly than before. He felt it was dangerous to go full frontal assault. In fear of being caught off guard with the removal of a few wrappings. He then decided to throw in a bit of long ranged mixed with close combat. "Shooter!" With each swing of his blade, Dynamo had launched eight energy blasts at Selene. He then charged right into Selene, before pulling back to prepare for another swing of his weapon.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Canteen sat there watching the match before the yell made his ears ring a bit "Well that sure woke me up." watching her removing her bandages he saw the runes. Seals, used in keeping her power under control more then likely. "Those runes...Dynamo needs to be careful." he watched to see where the bandages had fallen grinning a bit. In his head he was already plotting. Thoughts of how grabbing them and trying to get them back on Selene to mess with her power flow. Or using them as a make shift weapon. Then he thought on if putting them on your hoof with the runes facing out...if they would repeal her magic.

His mind raced before seeing her wide open "She left herself open on purpose. The electricity sparked onto her skin, meaning if anyone gets close they are gonna get the same thing...except be a lot more powerful." The moment Dynamo took off he rolled his eyes "He is thinking way to much on things."

(edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Okay now I know you're doing this on purpose," Draco stated as he felt Dai try to keep his body down. He get's it he's injured and he's in pain but nothing will stop him from watching and instructing Dynamo. "Ouch!" he yelled out as he felt her poke his wound. "Alright alright Dai sheesh,"

"How old area you?" Dai demanded. "You know that fight would have killed you right? You signed up for this when you went all out." She placed her hooves on both sides of his torso and moved one of his broken ribs back into place. "Now stay still while I set this."

On 1/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, Canteen_the_unstable said:

His mind raced before seeing her wide open "She left herself open on purpose. The electricity sparked onto her skin, meaning if anyone gets close they are gonna get the same thing...except be a lot more powerful." The moment Dynamo took off he rolled his eyes "He is thinking way to much on things."

@Dynamo Pad

Canteen's warning didn't come soon enough, but he was fairly close to being right. With the top of her head wrappings removed, the runes were facing out at Dynamo. Luckily he chose to attack at range, but the eight blasts of energy were met by electric pulses from the runes that bursted the first blast like a balloon and slowed down the others. The last seven blasts were repelled by a sonic wave of energy fired from Selene's forehead, which shot them back in Dynamo's direction in a scattered pattern, none of them heading directly for him due to the erratic nature of their repulsion.

"I didn't expect you to attempt to attack me. That's more of something I would expect from Mason, but I thought you had a higher sense of honor than that." She pulled off more of her wrappings, unfurling her horn and revealing the top of her head. "Those runes are designed to repel demonic energy, they're far less effective on pony magic. Yet they were strong enough to repel your attack. I'll leave the interpretation of that up to you."

Spoiler

When she unwrapped her eyes, showing the covered spot where her left eye would be, there was nothing but bare flesh and fur. She really only had the right eye. "You may find my appearance alarming," she warned.

She stripped her head of the rest of the bindings, and it was clear that she more than made up for the lack of a left eye with a grotesque mutation. There were eyes of various sizes dotting her head, two on her neck, one under each eye, one quite literally on the back of her head. Strangest of all, her mouth was replaced by a large eye, starting beneath her nostrils and replacing her entire jaw. That large eye was yellowed with a purple, stilted eyeris.

"I followed Rokata, and made myself like him, but I was not perfect." She explained. The vocalization seemed to come from nowhere, since she had no visible mouth. She cast off her robes in one motion, and her body was similar to  her head. Yellow, red and white eyes dotted her blue fur, looking in all directions and blinking out of unison. They were in odd places, and totally unsymmetrical.

@dragon4111

This included her flanks, making this about the time that Draco would regret fantasizing about her.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails

"Oh excuse me, you, crazy pretty mare," Draco stated as he winced once more. "I know I signed up for this I went all out to protect you and the other's from Nin's blood magic," Draco hissed with pain. "I made my desicions and I'm not regretting them one bit you know," he stated with a grin on his face. "And now you're stuck with me," he whispered to her.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Canteen's warning didn't come soon enough, but he was fairly close to being right. With the top of her head wrappings removed, the runes were facing out at Dynamo. Luckily he chose to attack at range, but the eight blasts of energy were met by electric pulses from the runes that bursted the first blast like a balloon and slowed down the others. The last seven blasts were repelled by a sonic wave of energy fired from Selene's forehead, which shot them back in Dynamo's direction in a scattered pattern, none of them heading directly for him due to the erratic nature of their repulsion.

"I didn't expect you to attempt to attack me. That's more of something I would expect from Mason, but I thought you had a higher sense of honor than that." She pulled off more of her wrappings, unfurling her horn and revealing the top of her head. "Those runes are designed to repel demonic energy, they're far less effective on pony magic. Yet they were strong enough to repel your attack. I'll leave the interpretation of that up to you."

Reveal hidden contents

When she unwrapped her eyes, showing the covered spot where her left eye would be, there was nothing but bare flesh and fur. She really only had the right eye. "You may find my appearance alarming," she warned.

She stripped her head of the rest of the bindings, and it was clear that she more than made up for the lack of a left eye with a grotesque mutation. There were eyes of various sizes dotting her head, two on her neck, one under each eye, one quite literally on the back of her head. Strangest of all, her mouth was replaced by a large eye, starting beneath her nostrils and replacing her entire jaw. That large eye was yellowed with a purple, stilted eyeris.

"I followed Rokata, and made myself like him, but I was not perfect." She explained. The vocalization seemed to come from nowhere, since she had no visible mouth. She cast off her robes in one motion, and her body was similar to  her head. Yellow, red and white eyes dotted her blue fur, looking in all directions and blinking out of unison. They were in odd places, and totally unsymmetrical.

@dragon4111

This included her flanks, making this about the time that Draco would regret fantasizing about her.

As the eight blasts reached Selene, they were met by the runes electric pulses. The first blast was destroyed like an air filled balloon, while the others were slowed down to a halt. The rest of the blast were repelled by a wave of energy, before scattering in a pattern. Dynamo watched as none were heading at him, but the flying blasts caused him to stop in his tracks. He stood a few feet from Selene. Shrugging his shoulders as he sighed from her remark. "To be honest? I do have a sense of honor, or at least with the sense of fighting fair. However, I don't really expect you or anyone else to fight with that same sort of respect. Besides Mason, of course." He stopped for a second to think about what he said. "Okay. Maybe it is just Mason, but you get what I mean. I've faced many opponents in tournaments who acted the same way. If they are going to fight like that, then you have some choices. You either give it all you've got, you fight their way, or you find a new way to fight." As she pulled off more of her wrappings, Dynamo was able to get a clear viewing of her face.

'To be fair, I think it was good that I was able to attack. I might have been able to catch her slightly off guard. She may have said she didn't expect that to lead me into a false sense of security, but who knows at this point. The runes she had had blocked my magic attack like it was nothing. So, the runes can stop demonic energy, but can still affect any and all magic. Hopefully, she doesn't have any runes upon her other than the wrappings. Otherwise, my magic will be all, but useless at this point.' Upon unwrapping her eyes, the blue unicorn looked in shock at Selene's appearance. Eyes were covering her in various sizes from her head, neck, under each eye and mouth. He couldn't tell, but it seemed she even had an eye on the back of her head. He was even stunned to hear her talk, but her mouth was replaced by an eye. 'How is she talking like that!? She has no mouth to speak from.' He felt sick to his stomach as he didn't expect someone to go through such a dramatic change. "It's not the appearance that bothers me. It's more of what in Equestria did you do to go to such great lengths?" Her next words had caused him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Made yourself like him? I know you said you followed Rokata because you liked his ideals and such. I'm guessing there's something he did that made you see the world differently, right?" Judging by her left eye, he was able to gather that she must have went through a fight or something difficult to attain her yokai. He gritted his teeth slightly as he could still feel the numbing effect of the Quest Controller was draining his magic. 

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade watched on as Selene revealed herself to Dynamo. She tried not to show it, but the sight was deeply disturbing.

"We truly are fighting a collection of monsters," she commented.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/5/2020 at 9:51 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade watched on as Selene revealed herself to Dynamo. She tried not to show it, but the sight was deeply disturbing.

"That's quite the transformation... I don't really know how to describe it," Topaz said. "All I can say is that if you can't see her, there's a good chance that she can still see you!"

Shining Armor had a visible shocked expression from the reveal. "Alright... I'm alarmed," He said.

"Not... My first guess," Quill commented.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:54 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

Her next words had caused him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Made yourself like him? I know you said you followed Rokata because you liked his ideals and such. I'm guessing there's something he did that made you see the world differently, right?" Judging by her left eye, he was able to gather that she must have went through a fight or something difficult to attain her yokai. He gritted his teeth slightly as he could still feel the numbing effect of the Quest Controller was draining his magic. 

Dynamo certainly liked to ask a lot of questions he had little hope to be answered. Selene wasn't interested in having a ringside chat with Dynamo. Not yet.

"These eyes enhance everything about my abilities. What I see. What you see. What I see that you see," She explained, completely ignoring answering his question. The blue aura from Selene's body extended and Dynamo immediately noticed an effect on his vision. Anything outside of the ring darkened and blurred like he was being taken into a world of unfocused darkness. Purple and blue swirling lights darted the landscape and soon even the ring beneath his hoof couldn't be seen.

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

For everyone else, they appeared to be standing in the ring as normal.

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"That's quite the transformation... I don't really know how to describe it," Topaz said. "All I can say is that if you can't see her, there's a good chance that she can still see you!"

Shining Armor had a visible shocked expression from the reveal. "Alright... I'm alarmed," He said.

"Not... My first guess," Quill commented.

Dynamo certainly liked to ask a lot of questions he had little hope to be answered. Selene wasn't interested in having a ringside chat with Dynamo. Not yet.

"These eyes enhance everything about my abilities. What I see. What you see. What I see that you see," She explained, completely ignoring answering his question. The blue aura from Selene's body extended and Dynamo immediately noticed an effect on his vision. Anything outside of the ring darkened and blurred like he was being taken into a world of unfocused darkness. Purple and blue swirling lights darted the landscape and soon even the ring beneath his hoof couldn't be seen.

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

For everyone else, they appeared to be standing in the ring as normal.

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Selene explained the abilities of the many eyes she had, Dynamo was slightly confused by her words. 'What is she trying to say? Does that mean I can't fight as I normally can anymore? I can only imagine that she can basically see where I'll be at from all sides. So, sneak attacks and attacking her blind spots are out of the question.' As he was thinking, a blue aura had extended from Selene's body and over towards the blue unicorn. His vision was affected immediately as the outside of the rink darkened and blurred. Dynamo had looked around to see the purple and blue swirling lights darting the landscape. Soon enough, even the ring itself had faded away. "What in the world? What happened the ring? What did you do, Selene!?" What he didn't realize was even though he was talking. For the ones watching the fight, it was as if both fighters were just standing still.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"The mind's eye sees what it expects. To alter your expectations is bewitchment," Selene said, stepping backward from Dynamo. She too faded into the black abyss.

Dynamo could hear Topaz's voice echo all around, "After a long exchange of blows, the two fighters are in an intense standoff!"

The world around Dynamo reformed into a long hallway with a marble floor and polished wood paneled walls. It looked like part of an old Victorian style mansion, but the hallway seemed unending, extending into blackness from both directions. Dynamo got a sudden tingling sensation down his back, a sixth sense telling him there was danger behind him.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad

"The mind's eye sees what it expects. To alter your expectations is bewitchment," Selene said, stepping backward from Dynamo. She too faded into the black abyss.

Dynamo could hear Topaz's voice echo all around, "After a long exchange of blows, the two fighters are in an intense standoff!"

The world around Dynamo reformed into a long hallway with a marble floor and polished wood paneled walls. It looked like part of an old Victorian style mansion, but the hallway seemed unending, extending into blackness from both directions. Dynamo got a sudden tingling sensation down his back, a sixth sense telling him there was danger behind him.

"Huh? Selene! Come back!" Dynamo's voice echoed as his opponent stepped backwards and faded into the dark abyss. 'What did she mean by that? The mind's eye sees what it expects? Is this from what I had done earlier?' He thought back to the moment he blocked her first attack. He wasn't fully sure, but he wondered if that had meant anything. As Topaz's voice echoed around him, Dynamo raised an eyebrow at the commentary. "What is she even talking about? Selene just faded away and she says we are in a standoff? You'd think I'd be asking for a ten count." He muttered with a huff, before the world around him suddenly began to change and reformed.

The area had turned into a mansion with marble floors and polished wood panels. With nowhere else to go, the blue unicorn decided to just follow where Selene had vanished. It was easier said than done as the hallway seemed to be unending. Darkness stretching from both in front, as well as behind him. As he walked, Dynamo had felt a sudden chill running up and down his spine. He didn't know why, but he felt there was danger lurking around the corner. 'Why do I get the feeling like I'm being watched?' He gripped the hilt of his Minato blade in preparation to block and/or counterattack. He contemplated on using a new Art, but he'd wait until it was necessary.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

On 1/5/2020 at 9:51 AM, Unicorncob said:

@Unicorncob

Watching Selene show her true self Canteen over heard Jade, turning to face her some "Why are they monsters? Because they look different or took a path you didnt?" he turned back to the ring as things continued "Besides you are one to claim high ground...They took a path to gain power...didnt You?" he smirked over his shoulder "I may insane but I sense power has improved since Granny was put inside the infirmary." he leaned back falling to his back to look upside down at Jade now "Dont try to say you trained for that? Did you take some pony's power?"

Yawning a bit he finally sat back to watch the fight "Maybe you took out grandma so you could claim her power? Is that why she is so injured? Would make sense."

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Watching Selene show her true self Canteen over heard Jade, turning to face her some "Why are they monsters? Because they look different or took a path you didnt?" he turned back to the ring as things continued "Besides you are one to claim high ground...They took a path to gain power...didnt You?" he smirked over his shoulder "I may insane but I sense power has improved since Granny was put inside the infirmary." he leaned back falling to his back to look upside down at Jade now "Dont try to say you trained for that? Did you take some pony's power?"

Yawning a bit he finally sat back to watch the fight "Maybe you took out grandma so you could claim her power? Is that why she is so injured? Would make sense."

That accusation almost caused Jade to snap. She wanted to pin him against the wall by the neck. How dare he imply she would willingly attack her own teacher for the sake of power?

But she held herself back. She was being tested.

"I took a path that left me the same pony I am now," she said. "I did not do it to blindly follow another into battle, and I did not do it at the cost of somepony else's life." Her tone was final.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:19 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

The area had turned into a mansion with marble floors and polished wood panels. With nowhere else to go, the blue unicorn decided to just follow where Selene had vanished. It was easier said than done as the hallway seemed to be unending. Darkness stretching from both in front, as well as behind him. As he walked, Dynamo had felt a sudden chill running up and down his spine. He didn't know why, but he felt there was danger lurking around the corner. 'Why do I get the feeling like I'm being watched?' He gripped the hilt of his Minato blade in preparation to block and/or counterattack. He contemplated on using a new Art, but he'd wait until it was necessary.

When Dynamo turned around, his vision was blurry  like an unfocused camera, as if his brain was still trying to process the information it was given. But he saw a figure in the center of the hallway behind him. A pony. One who was far taller than Selene and didn't have her same shade of blue fur  nor her grotesque mutations. It was a stallion, and as Dynamo's eyes focused again, he saw that it was someone familiar.

Quick Fix was standing just a leg's length away from him, with Selene nowhere to be seen. "What are you waving that thing around for?" He asked.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/9/2020 at 10:14 AM, Unicorncob said:

That accusation almost caused Jade to snap. She wanted to pin him against the wall by the neck. How dare he imply she would willingly attack her own teacher for the sake of power?

But she held herself back. She was being tested.

"I took a path that left me the same pony I am now," she said. "I did not do it to blindly follow another into battle, and I did not do it at the cost of somepony else's life." Her tone was final.

Watching the ring Canteen didnt even acknowledge the notion of Jade being a threat for him. "Why does it matter, if you change on the outside when you gain power?" he peered back at her from his left shoulder "Besides it isnt the ones who look different on the outside who you should call a monster...but those that changed on the inside."

As Canteen was berating Jade a voice came up from behind Jade and the others "The ones you should worry about are who look normal but inside a monster." said Sueno as she came up to the ring watching the fight more closely "Tell me Jade...what scares you most? A person who looks like a monster? Or...Is it the one that looks like you or me but a monster on the inside?" standing she watched the match removing her rectangular glasses setting inside her jacket pocket "They all did stuff to gather power...whether you agree or not is fine..however they arent monsters cause they changed. Their souls are what matters."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @Literally Snails @reader8363 @dragon4111

"Enough." 

Copper's stern tone of voice would try to silence both Jade and Canteen, and would be loud enough for all of his team to hear.  He was concentrating supremely hard, his body engulfed in an aura which resembles the color of a typical rock.  "Before you ask, I have the ability to see with my body, due to me having fought an enemy similar to the one Dynamo's fighting.  I'm going to relay the information as I go along, and so far, it's not looking good for Dynamo.  While it looks like they're just standing still, I can clearly see fighting within the circle."

• Brohoof 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, Literally Snails said:

When Dynamo turned around, his vision was blurry  like an unfocused camera, as if his brain was still trying to process the information it was given. But he saw a figure in the center of the hallway behind him. A pony. One who was far taller than Selene and didn't have her same shade of blue fur  nor her grotesque mutations. It was a stallion, and as Dynamo's eyes focused again, he saw that it was someone familiar.

Quick Fix was standing just a leg's length away from him, with Selene nowhere to be seen. "What are you waving that thing around for?" He asked.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the sound of footsteps from behind him. He quickly turned in his spot, but he couldn't tell where the sound was coming from. Due to the footsteps echoing in all directions. It didn't help that the darkness was still stretching out in front and behind him from the hallway that he was in. His vision started to become blurry as he was trying to focus on the figure that was approaching him. "Come on. Focus already." He muttered, shaking his head so his eyes would focus. He soon began to see a figure emerging in the center of the hallway. A pony that was way taller than Selene and had orange fur. Once his eyes focused, Dynamo could only gasp as he couldn't believe who was standing before him.

There, standing at leg's length from him, was his father, Quick Fix. Dynamo shook slightly, almost losing his grip on hilt of the Minato blade. His eyes widening in shock as if he was in a sort of dream. He couldn't believe he was seeing his father of all ponies, who stood right in front of him. "F-Father? I-Is that...really you? What are you doing here? I...I thought that you were..." He still held his blade close to him in case of anything had happened. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

15 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Watching the ring Canteen didnt even acknowledge the notion of Jade being a threat for him. "Why does it matter, if you change on the outside when you gain power?" he peered back at her from his left shoulder "Besides it isnt the ones who look different on the outside who you should call a monster...but those that changed on the inside."

As Canteen was berating Jade a voice came up from behind Jade and the others "The ones you should worry about are who look normal but inside a monster." said Sueno as she came up to the ring watching the fight more closely "Tell me Jade...what scares you most? A person who looks like a monster? Or...Is it the one that looks like you or me but a monster on the inside?" standing she watched the match removing her rectangular glasses setting inside her jacket pocket "They all did stuff to gather power...whether you agree or not is fine..however they arent monsters cause they changed. Their souls are what matters."

"It matters not how they look," Jade said. "The soul tells all."

She glanced at Rokata.

His is the worst of all.

1 hour ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Enough." 

Copper's stern tone of voice would try to silence both Jade and Canteen, and would be loud enough for all of his team to hear.  He was concentrating supremely hard, his body engulfed in an aura which resembles the color of a typical rock.  "Before you ask, I have the ability to see with my body, due to me having fought an enemy similar to the one Dynamo's fighting.  I'm going to relay the information as I go along, and so far, it's not looking good for Dynamo.  While it looks like they're just standing still, I can clearly see fighting within the circle."

She said nothing, but kept watching the circle. Indeed, she felt conflict, even if it was not clear to the naked eye.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the sound of footsteps from behind him. He quickly turned in his spot, but he couldn't tell where the sound was coming from. Due to the footsteps echoing in all directions. It didn't help that the darkness was still stretching out in front and behind him from the hallway that he was in. His vision started to become blurry as he was trying to focus on the figure that was approaching him. "Come on. Focus already." He muttered, shaking his head so his eyes would focus. He soon began to see a figure emerging in the center of the hallway. A pony that was way taller than Selene and had orange fur. Once his eyes focused, Dynamo could only gasp as he couldn't believe who was standing before him.

There, standing at leg's length from him, was his father, Quick Fix. Dynamo shook slightly, almost losing his grip on hilt of the Minato blade. His eyes widening in shock as if he was in a sort of dream. He couldn't believe he was seeing his father of all ponies, who stood right in front of him. "F-Father? I-Is that...really you? What are you doing here? I...I thought that you were..." He still held his blade close to him in case of anything had happened. 

"Don't you remember? You won the tournament," Quick Fix said, taking a step closer to Dynamo. "I heard it was incredible. After you won your battle, Jade narrowly defeated Rokata and saved you all from certain doom. You were given one wish and you asked for me."

When Dynamo tried to recall what Quick Fix was saying, to remember what happened during his fight with Selene, his memories were incomplete. He couldn't remember what happened. "I'm so proud of you. Why don't you put that weapon down?"

• Brohoof 2