Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails@DwhitetheGamer

Spoiler

Draco began to stir. when he was upon Dynamo's back. He could feel the worst of his injuries heal up. The side that was bleeding out from? gone. He moved from Dynamo's back and started to limp/walk towards a wall.  His eyes were open. but he needed to rest. He looked at Dynamo pad with a raised eyebrow and said jokingly "You look like you have a bug up your ass and want to ask me something," Draco stated with a chuckle. As soon as he reached the wall he sat down which was under where Dai was sitting.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob 

A grunt was heard from Copper as he saw Rokata destroy the Tenebris in one fell swoop.  The fact that there was someone so powerful as he was made him pissed off on the inside.  He knows he could beat Rokata, as he had faced similar enemies before he came here, all of which with the same intent to kill as this one.

Speaking of which, he had just taken a look at Rail, and remembered why he had agreed to come here to begin with.  A lone survivor of last year's Dark Tournament, who had also conveniently worked with Rail before he managed to escape once he had learned the truth, tipped the Earth Pony off about Rail, and set a rather large bounty for his head.  If he was going to collect said bounty, Copper needed Jade to kill Rokata, so that no one could stand in his way.  He'll worry about that later, as for now, he simply nodded at Rokata in respect before hopping off the Arena.

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111

"Hold on, I got this," he stated to Dynamo as he put a hoof on Draco's chest.  He enveloped himself in the same green aura he used to heal himself up with, and began the process of stopping the blood loss on Draco.

Dynamo smiled as he was grateful for having Copper's help. "Thanks for the assist bro." He says as Copper enveloped himself in a green aura to help up Draco.

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Right, uh..." Topaz stammered and picked up her mic. She walked back on the ring and stood next to the crater where Nin had been standing. Rokata was still standing with a bit of blood on his hoof, and Draco looked ready to collapse. 

Reveal hidden contents

There was a long silence while she looked at Rokata, and eventually she decided not to ask him to leave. "Well, there was intereference in the fight. But since the interference was from Rokata's own team, and the fighter killed was not technically either fighter that started the match, my original ruling remains. The winner of Draco versus Nin is Draco O'Malley! Team Lotus get's a point!"

Topaz let out a heavy sigh as the scoreboard updated.

"Make no mistake, Draco, you've won this fight. This was just some unfinished business on my end," Rokata said to Draco. He stopped to glare at Jade, sensing that his display of strength had made her nervous. Exactly what he needed. He turned and left the ring.

Meanwhile, Selene stared at Dynamo Pad, her single visible eye piercing his very soul. There was no mystery left about what the next fight would be.

After a long moment of silence, Dynamo noticed that Rokata was finally making his exit of the ring. He smiled slightly at the mention that Draco had won his match, while the team had finally gained a point. He felt a tingling sensation in his spine as he noticed Selene was staring at the blue unicorn. He stared back as there was a silence between the two. Dynamo had felt that Selene was looking into his soul. It was as if they were speaking to each other within their minds. Nothing had been said as Dynamo knew what the next fight would be.

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob  @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

The gaming stallion blinked as he noticed Draco beginning to stir. Dynamo allowed Draco to move from his back as he made his way towards a wall to rest. He decided to take his attention away from Selene as he made his way over towards his teammate. He rolled his eyes at the joke, but he guessed that Draco was trying to lighten the mood of the situation. "Oh. Sorry about that. I guess I was distracted by something. Selene is staring at me. I guess I know that I'm going to be up next." He shook his head as he tried not to feel so nervous about his match. "You're right about when you mentioned that I had something to ask you. Draco? Why do you hate me? Was there something I had done wrong, or was it something I had said from before?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Spoiler

Draco raised an eyebrow at that. "No I don't hate you Dynamo. Really Selene is looking at you? Think she want's to jump your bone?" Draco grinned jokingly. He sighed to himself. "You're naive to the world thank to the princesses," Draco stated with a shake of his head. "But I cannot fault you for that you aren't on the front lines defending Equestria from outside threats. Hmm tell me have you noticed how peaceful it seems in Equestria?" Draco asked as he wrapped his wounds and the stump. "Do you wonder why I consider you a colt?" Draco asked Dynamo.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

Reveal hidden contents

Draco raised an eyebrow at that. "No I don't hate you Dynamo. Really Selene is looking at you? Think she want's to jump your bone?" Draco grinned jokingly. He sighed to himself. "You're naive to the world thank to the princesses," Draco stated with a shake of his head. "But I cannot fault you for that you aren't on the front lines defending Equestria from outside threats. Hmm tell me have you noticed how peaceful it seems in Equestria?" Draco asked as he wrapped his wounds and the stump. "Do you wonder why I consider you a colt?" Draco asked Dynamo.

At the mention of Draco not hating him, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Really? You don't? Also, yeah. She's looking at me, but I don't think that's the case in what you're assuming. It's as if her gaze is staring into my soul, but I don't know why." He shivered slightly, while not wanting to look behind him to see if she was still staring. "I wouldn't say that I'm naive. I've traveled all around Equestria from town to town. I've competed in competitions, but it was more video games. Not something of this caliber, of course." He listened to Draco talk and nodded after some thought. "You know something. You're right. I always thought it was due to Princess Twilight and the other rulers, but it has indeed been pretty peaceful." As he listened to Draco's question, Dynamo could only shake his head negatively. "No, I don't know why. Would you care to enlighten me on what you mean?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Draco chuckled slightly. "You've seen the scars upon my body right?" he asked rhetorically. "Those are from countless battles. others are from fights. Each scar tells a tale," he stated as he looked at Dynamo. "Ah there it is only in those video games, not wars, not life or death battles, or situations that require you to make a hard choice either or not your guild mates survive another day or your life," Draco stated as he looked Dynamo right in the eyes with a solemn look. "And what do we get from those that we protect. Scorn, a pat on the blasted head?" Draco stated with a foul look on his face as he was quick to stand up. "Tossed aside like garbage? And for what because they want to keep up the illusion that we aren't a violent species?" Draco asked with a growl. "I'm on the wrong side of heaven while ponies like you enjoy the sacrifices of mercenaries like Copper Coin and I there," he stated then with a sigh. "I consider you a colt because you've never laid in your friend's blood trying to keep them alive while zebra tribes zebras are trying to screwer them," he stated. "So in return I gave them a monster to fear 'The Beast of Bones' A stallion that would kill mares and children to protect his loved ones. Committing atrocities so that others won't be harmed. I'm no hero Dynamo. Becoming a monster is not what I want you to become Dynamo,"

Spoiler

@DwhitetheGamer

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

Draco chuckled slightly. "You've seen the scars upon my body right?" he asked rhetorically. "Those are from countless battles. others are from fights. Each scar tells a tale," he stated as he looked at Dynamo. "Ah there it is only in those video games, not wars, not life or death battles, or situations that require you to make a hard choice either or not your guild mates survive another day or your life," Draco stated as he looked Dynamo right in the eyes with a solemn look. "And what do we get from those that we protect. Scorn, a pat on the blasted head?" Draco stated with a foul look on his face as he was quick to stand up. "Tossed aside like garbage? And for what because they want to keep up the illusion that we aren't a violent species?" Draco asked with a growl. "I'm on the wrong side of heaven while ponies like you enjoy the sacrifices of mercenaries like Copper Coin and I there," he stated then with a sigh. "I consider you a colt because you've never laid in your friend's blood trying to keep them alive while zebra tribes zebras are trying to screwer them," he stated. "So in return I gave them a monster to fear 'The Beast of Bones' A stallion that would kill mares and children to protect his loved ones. Committing atrocities so that others won't be harmed. I'm no hero Dynamo. Becoming a monster is not what I want you to become Dynamo,"

Reveal hidden contents

@DwhitetheGamer

At the mention of seeing Draco’s scars, Dynamo reluctantly nodded. “Yes, I did. I wanted to say something, but I knew it wasn’t my place to say. I thought that you would tell me and the others when the time was right.” He stayed quiet as Draco looked to Dynamo, while explaining his history. He winced slightly as he saw a foul expression upon Draco’s face. It was as if the foul expression was directed at the unicorn gamer, but at the same Rome. It felt as if Draco was directing it at the anger he felt. “I didn’t think we weren’t that violent, to be honest. I get that I don’t know much about what you’ve gone through. However, through this tournament, I feel as though it’s kind of close. I’ve seen how some ponies can be very violent. Having to make quick decisions that can affect the very teammates on the team.”

He directed his gaze towards the ground as he heard the harsh truth from Draco. “If it was me, then I would ask to see if you’re okay, respect you for what you have done and thank you for keeping us safe from harm. I know there are royal guards and all, but I didn’t think there were others like guilds, who take on more dangerous jobs. All for the safety of Equestria.” As Draco continued to explain, Dynamo nodded as he looked back up to Draco’s gaze. “I guess I understand why you would say that. I just thought it was because of my kindness. I guess it’s just because I’m usually kind to a fault. My parent helped to raise me into becoming a good adult. I’ve heard of a zebra named Zecora, but I didn’t think they’d be violent. I suppose that name isn’t just for show as I don’t doubt that you’ve gone that far.” He shook his head, but he felt he could understand Draco slightly.

”I know it seems like I don’t know what it feels like, but I’ve suffered too. It’s like I had told you all when we introduced ourselves that very first day. I was born without magic for most of my life. Even then, it was a struggle to fit in to society. Even after gaining my magic, it was still a struggle to master my abilities.” He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration at his shortcoming, before sighing. “Even so, it’s why I live video games. There are moments where I have to make difficult decisions which could even alter the gaming world. I connect to some characters on an emotional level, to the point that I feel as if I am that character. I appreciate the concern, but I don’t get what you mean when you don’t want me to become a monster.” He say, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

@Dynamo Pad

"I know but think about it. When I said I became a monster. committing atrocities to protect those you care about?" Draco asked as he looked at Dynamo. "To kill in such brutal ways for those that you are hired to protect that they should fear you?" Draco asked as he began to shake with rage. "Those pansies on the royal guards? pah wimps compared to both training I do and to what we go through on the front lines," Draco stated simply. "Sometimes some opponents deserve to die... I was expecting to die in this tournament. But then I met you guys and someone else," Draco said simply as his anger started to deflate. "Now tell me what do you see in the mirror what do you see in your character?"

Draco blew out the fire from his lungs not literal fire metaphorical fire. "What I see in the mirror is a stallion who needs to keep fighting even if it breaks him. even if he loses his limbs, his eyes, his heart," Draco stated simply. "Someone who doesn't deserve a happy ending but to preserve those happy endings for others. That is what my guild and I strive for," he stated simply. "and now you know me so what say you Dynamo what do you think of this battered burnt out stallion who is merely too stubborn to die? After all I'm only a pony," he stated as he sat back down giving his limbs and him some rest.

Spoiler

@Literally Snails

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Right, uh..." Topaz stammered and picked up her mic. She walked back on the ring and stood next to the crater where Nin had been standing. Rokata was still standing with a bit of blood on his hoof, and Draco looked ready to collapse. 

Reveal hidden contents

There was a long silence while she looked at Rokata, and eventually she decided not to ask him to leave. "Well, there was intereference in the fight. But since the interference was from Rokata's own team, and the fighter killed was not technically either fighter that started the match, my original ruling remains. The winner of Draco versus Nin is Draco O'Malley! Team Lotus get's a point!"

Topaz let out a heavy sigh as the scoreboard updated.

"Make no mistake, Draco, you've won this fight. This was just some unfinished business on my end," Rokata said to Draco. He stopped to glare at Jade, sensing that his display of strength had made her nervous. Exactly what he needed. He turned and left the ring.

Meanwhile, Selene stared at Dynamo Pad, her single visible eye piercing his very soul. There was no mystery left about what the next fight would be.

Jade nodded slowly at Topaz's announcement. A fair ruling, and her team's backs were taken off the wall.

She caught Rokata's glare, and gritted her teeth inside her mouth.

He knows.

All the better when we surprise him.

She took another deep breath and looked toward Dynamo, who was sharing words with Draco. She knew he was capable of taking on Selene; she just hoped that he knew that himself.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I know but think about it. When I said I became a monster. committing atrocities to protect those you care about?" Draco asked as he looked at Dynamo. "To kill in such brutal ways for those that you are hired to protect that they should fear you?" Draco asked as he began to shake with rage. "Those pansies on the royal guards? pah wimps compared to both training I do and to what we go through on the front lines," Draco stated simply. "Sometimes some opponents deserve to die... I was expecting to die in this tournament. But then I met you guys and someone else," Draco said simply as his anger started to deflate. "Now tell me what do you see in the mirror what do you see in your character?"

Draco blew out the fire from his lungs not literal fire metaphorical fire. "What I see in the mirror is a stallion who needs to keep fighting even if it breaks him. even if he loses his limbs, his eyes, his heart," Draco stated simply. "Someone who doesn't deserve a happy ending but to preserve those happy endings for others. That is what my guild and I strive for," he stated simply. "and now you know me so what say you Dynamo what do you think of this battered burnt out stallion who is merely too stubborn to die? After all I'm only a pony," he stated as he sat back down giving his limbs and him some rest.

Reveal hidden contents

@Literally Snails

“I have to admit that from what you had just said? It would only be natural for anyone to fear you. I knew Copper from back when I was younger. It was only because my parents wanted to enroll me into some martial arts. As a means to defend myself if necessary.” He closed his eyes and sighed softly. “While I don’t know what it’s like for you when losing someone on the battlefield. I do know what it’s like to lose someone that’s important. I lost my dad due to lung cancer, but I lost him right in front of me. The doctors at the hospital told me that they did all that they could do. I just felt powerless. I felt there was more that I could have done, but there wasn’t. I feel like I should blame myself, but there would be no point. My dad told me his time was over and that he had no regrets. No,law, I try to live by his example and to make the most of my life.”

He opened his eyes and tried to hold back a chuckle. “Just make sure Shining Armor doesn’t hear you saying that. After all, he was a part of the royal guards. Although, I will admit that the guards aren’t exactly the best.” He says, shrugging his shoulders, before he continued to listen to his teammate. “I guess it depends on the individual and if they deserve that kind of fate. I’m glad you were able to meet us. Whoever else you met, I think they are glad to have met you, as well.” He assumed that the other Draco mentioned was Dai, but he didn’t want to assume. Upon hearing the mention of the mirror, Dynamo sighed to give some thought. 

“I know you’re a pony, but you’re also a hero in my book. I think you deserve a happy ending. You’re pretty stubborn, but you have a strong heart. Even after going through what you’ve experienced. You continue moving forward, instead of those that may have quit long ago. I must admit that I didn’t like you or Frostflame. At the time, I thought of you as bullies.” He held up a hoof to stop any sort of question that Draco might have had. “Now, don’t get me wrong. I didn’t put you in the same group as Cosmic and Frozen. It’s just...you both seemed so cold. I felt that even if this was a tournament, you both could have at least loosened up a little. You both felt so distant, uncaring and irritable to the world. After getting to know you, my opinion has changed. To me, you’re really noble, protective and hard working. It’s that sense of camaraderie and honor that shows how strong you are. If Frostflame was here, then I would have said something similar.”

”When I see myself in the mirror, Im honestly not sure what I see. I mean, I’m kind to a fault, I do my best to work hard when others have doubted me. This isn’t a wish I wanted from the tournament. This is something I wanted. For me, I just wanted to find those that I could consider a friend and like me for who I am. I just wanted to feel accepted and find where I belong in the world. Even to those that could have been my enemy. Ray, Canteen, Melio, Viridi, and Deacent. They were our opponents, but I felt like I was able to make some sort of connection, or bond. I know there are those that say games are a waste of time, but I don’t care. Video games give me that sort of passion to where I can try my best and reach my dream. My dream of becoming a video game champion. Even if we come from different backgrounds, or different lifestyles. It wouldn’t matter to me as I would accept them for who they are. What do you think, Draco? Does what I’m saying make sense? I mean, what do you see? Considering you asked me what I thought about you.”

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"Really? then you should have seen me when I was off the arena I party harder than any pony," Draco whispered to Dynamo with a smug grin on his face. "Hmm Frostflame he just seemed like he had a stick up his ass and pretending to be somepony else made it that much more easy to tease," Draco stated with a laugh. He rubbed his sore spot.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Really? then you should have seen me when I was off the arena I party harder than any pony," Draco whispered to Dynamo with a smug grin on his face. "Hmm Frostflame he just seemed like he had a stick up his ass and pretending to be somepony else made it that much more easy to tease," Draco stated with a laugh. He rubbed his sore spot.

"You don't seem to be the partying type, but I'll take your word for it." Dynamo chuckled as he joked with Draco. To him, it was odd for the blue unicorn. From what he had discussed with his teammate, it wasn't easy discussing some of the things they had talked about. With Draco and possibly some of the other teammates, it was plain and simple. "Perhaps, but you never could really tell with Frostflame. From what I've seen, the two of you got along pretty well. Don't try to laugh too much now. I can only imagine how much it hurt to laugh." Dynamo responded, shaking his head with a smile. The smile soon faded as he gave a curious look towards Draco. "I was just wondering something. If we manage to win and we all move on from this tournament, maybe we can all get together and just hangout. Enjoy the good times and get to know one another? Sort of like how we all knew each other the first day, but with no worrying about the fate of Equestria. To me, we're all teammates, but I see you all as friends too. If it's okay, then would you like to be friends, Draco?" He asks, holding out a front hoof for Draco to take. Normally, Dynamo would be the type of pony to give hugs. However, he felt a hoof shake would be better as he didn't want to seem pushy.

@Dynamo Pad

"But of course," Draco stated with a grin on his muzzle as he place a hoof around Dynamo's shoulders. A side hug. "Do I now well I am in a tournament where everypony want's me dead you know," Draco stated with abit of sarcasm. "So," he started to whisper "Think Selene has some nice flanks on her?" Draco asked quietly to Dynamo. "I mean come on I know you wanna hit that," he whispered jokingly.

Spoiler

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"But of course," Draco stated with a grin on his muzzle as he place a hoof around Dynamo's shoulders. A side hug. "Do I now well I am in a tournament where everypony want's me dead you know," Draco stated with abit of sarcasm. "So," he started to whisper "Think Selene has some nice flanks on her?" Draco asked quietly to Dynamo.

Dynamo was caught off guard as Draco accepted the hoof, but more along the fact that the blue unicorn had received a hug. He could only smile softly as he returned the hug in kind. "Thank you, my friend. It really means a lot to hear you say that." He pulled back from the hug, before rolling his eyes with a slight chuckle. "It's not just you, but it seems to be the theme of this tournament, after all." He raised an eyebrow, before blushing at Draco's whisper. "Uh...I don't know how to answer that. I mean, sure. I can imagine that she's cute, but I'd say I'm out of her league. That, and I feel like she's more interested in Rokata. Also, aren't you interested in the mare from Tatterhoof's team? I think her name was Dai, right?" He responded in a whisper so as to not draw any attention.

@Dynamo Pad

"Of course I am interested in Dai," Draco whispered with a chuckle. "Nonesense buddy you just need more confidence in yourself," Draco stated with a grin on his face slightly. Though he had a shiver was sent down his spine. "Almost feels like someone is digging my grave,," Draco stated as he looked around.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Of course I am interested in Dai," Draco whispered with a chuckle. "Nonesense buddy you just need more confidence in yourself," Draco stated with a grin on his face slightly. Though he had a shiver was sent down his spine. "Almost feels like someone is digging my grave,," Draco stated as he looked around.

"Glad to know, but I'm going to guess that you're keeping options open, or something like that?" Dynamo smiled sheepishly and nodded slightly. "I know, but I'm not exactly the best when it comes to confidence. Even in a video game tournament, I can be a nervous wreck. I've been told I'm pretty handsome, but sometimes I just don't really see it." He chuckled, before taking notice to Draco shivering slightly. "You sure you don't need a jacket from the way you were shivering? What makes you think that kind of logic?" He asks, looking around to see if someone was watching the two of them.

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Trust me I'm not cold," Draco stated with a look around. "Just me probably being paranoid," Draco muttered to himself as he sat down against the wall. He sighed to himself. "Time to rest," he grinned to himself.

"After what I've learned about you, I know that you aren't cold hearted. Just misunderstood by most ponies. To be honest, I don't blame you for being paranoid. From the battle you just went through, you've looked like you've seen better days." Dynamo joked with a sheepish grin, before making sure that Draco was resting against the wall. He nodded at the mention of rest, before turning towards the ring. "That sounds like a plan. Just rest up and save your strength. I'll take it from here." He glanced slightly back to Draco so their eyes could meet. "I give you my word that I won't let your victory and sacrifice go to waste. We're going to win and then we'll all go home together. I promise you that, my friend." He knew when he meant 'all,' he also meant Frostflame. He had an idea on how he would get him back, but he didn't want to assume in that regard.

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111

While Dynamo and Draco were having their conversation, they eventually heard the sound of the referee's voice, clearly annoyed. "Ehem..." Topaz was standing on the ring with Selene standing behind her, still clad in her robes and headwrap. "We aren't having a delay before the next fight, so would the next fighter from team Lotus please step up to the ring?"

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111

While Dynamo and Draco were having their conversation, they eventually heard the sound of the referee's voice, clearly annoyed. "Ehem..." Topaz was standing on the ring with Selene standing behind her, still clad in her robes and headwrap. "We aren't having a delay before the next fight, so would the next fighter from team Lotus please step up to the ring?"

@Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @reader8363

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Topaz, who sounded somewhat annoyed. At the mention of the next fight going to begin, Dynamo took a deep breath and exhaled with a nod. "It looks like that's my cue." He looked to everyone on his team and knew that this match would decide a lot of things. He briefly closed his eyes, before opening them once more as he made his way towards the ring. It looked like as he was talking to Draco, Selene had already made her way onto the arena. After jumping up onto the ring, Dynamo made his way over to Selene and Topaz. He made sure his Quest Controller was equipped as he knew he would need to be prepared. "Sorry about all of that. I didn't know if there was a break for any blood or parts of the ring that needed to be cleaned and/or repaired." He would say, giving Topaz and apologetic look.

• Brohoof 1

Jade shifted herself in her seat slightly, and watched as Dynamo stepped up to the ring to face Selene. She noticed the device on Dynamo, and hoped that he wouldn't begin to rely on it to win for him.

"Good to see you two are finally getting along," she said to Draco.

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111

Edited by Unicorncob

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111
After Tenebris was destroyed for the last time and Dynamo getting up on the arena, Rose collapsed from working her recently healed body too much, Her eyes weren't really focusing on anything while she half listened to conversations from her other team mates. She kept thinking about Rokata and that claw that he used to destroy Tenebris. What took her almost dying and losing an ancient relic, he did in a few punches. She could fell the ground rubbing against her scars, making them itch, but she didn't want to shift or get up for the itching to stop.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/18/2019 at 3:09 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @reader8363

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Topaz, who sounded somewhat annoyed. At the mention of the next fight going to begin, Dynamo took a deep breath and exhaled with a nod. "It looks like that's my cue." He looked to everyone on his team and knew that this match would decide a lot of things. He briefly closed his eyes, before opening them once more as he made his way towards the ring. It looked like as he was talking to Draco, Selene had already made her way onto the arena. After jumping up onto the ring, Dynamo made his way over to Selene and Topaz. He made sure his Quest Controller was equipped as he knew he would need to be prepared. "Sorry about all of that. I didn't know if there was a break for any blood or parts of the ring that needed to be cleaned and/or repaired." He would say, giving Topaz and apologetic look.

Spoiler

@reader8363, @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer, @dragon4111

Topaz crossed her tail and stood aloof with her snout in the air. "Hmph... I must be the only pony here who takes this tournament seriously." She complained.

Selene started to speak, and the crowd nearly fell silent. All but the drunkest of fans wanted to hear her faint voice picked up by Topaz's mic. "I had considered allowing you to win this match." She looked back with her single visible eye at Rokata, who was standing like a bulwark. "I had to ensure that he would be allowed to fight Jade. It is an inevitability." She looked back at Dynamo, and there was a sinister gleam in her eye. "But Nin's failure has ensured that that will occur without my intervention, and now I must ensure him a greater hoof. It's unfortunate, Dynamo Pad..."

"But you have to die."

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@reader8363, @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer, @dragon4111

Topaz crossed her tail and stood aloof with her snout in the air. "Hmph... I must be the only pony here who takes this tournament seriously." She complained.

Selene started to speak, and the crowd nearly fell silent. All but the drunkest of fans wanted to hear her faint voice picked up by Topaz's mic. "I had considered allowing you to win this match." She looked back with her single visible eye at Rokata, who was standing like a bulwark. "I had to ensure that he would be allowed to fight Jade. It is an inevitability." She looked back at Dynamo, and there was a sinister gleam in her eye. "But Nin's failure has ensured that that will occur without my intervention, and now I must ensure him a greater hoof. It's unfortunate, Dynamo Pad..."

"But you have to die."

@Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

"I said I was sorry. I felt like I was taking this seriously, as well." Dynamo muttered, rolling his eyes at Topaz's remark. He was beginning to think that maybe his gaming abilities weren't really taken as seriously as he had initially thought. 

He looked at Selene with interest as she began to speak. It didn't help that the crowd actually had grown silent during her speech. The blue unicorn was somewhat hurt about being given the win, but he felt that it wasn't that much of a surprise. Both sides were even at one win a piece. Whoever won would have a major advantage going into the next round. "It make sense that it's all an inevitability. Just like the match between you and I. It felt as if after the many times we met, we were bound to fight at some point." He noticed the sinister gleam in her eye, while gulping in fear at her choice in words. He almost could feel himself shake. It was as if everything he thought he had known about Selene had changed. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no intention of allowing that to happen. Whether or not you wanted to give me a win out of pity or mercy. We're not going to lose to the likes of you or Rokata."

He knew the match was about to start, but he felt he had to know a thing or two. "Since it appears that this conversation is still going, I had a question or two that I thought you could humor me with. Considering that unlike my other teammates, there are a few questions that I'd like to ask." He narrowed his gaze slightly as he hoped he could gain some sort of answers. "I'm guessing that you've competed in tournaments like this before. What kind of a wish would you even want, while taking part in this competition? For that matter, why would you willingly accept the powers of a yokai?"

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He knew the match was about to start, but he felt he had to know a thing or two. "Since it appears that this conversation is still going, I had a question or two that I thought you could humor me with. Considering that unlike my other teammates, there are a few questions that I'd like to ask." He narrowed his gaze slightly as he hoped he could gain some sort of answers. "I'm guessing that you've competed in tournaments like this before. What kind of a wish would you even want, while taking part in this competition? For that matter, why would you willingly accept the powers of a yokai?"

Selene looked back at Rokata and closed her eye.

"I haven't had an opponent challenge me in a long time," Rokata said. He stood over a crater of freshly smashed rubble and debris in the ruins of an ancient gryphon city. Selene was curled in the crater, her hair singed and horn cracked, Her hooves charred half black. Her bag of archaeologist tools were still on her back, completely destroyed by the prior battle. The only thing of the pack that survived was the leather straps. "If it were up to me, I'd let you live. But I never default on a contract." Rokata raised his hoof and charged an energy blast at its tip. "It's a shame you have to die, but I will honor you with one last request."

"A request?" Selene asked in a solemn tone. "I can think of only one thing I must learn before I die." She stood up, her legs broken and shaking. "I must know how you achieved this perfection. I need to see it for myself, what you truly are."

"Yes, I have a wish," Selene said, looking at Dynamo. "To learn that which took my life. To see what grips the hilt, and learn it. No committee can grant me that."

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene looked back at Rokata and closed her eye.

"I haven't had an opponent challenge me in a long time," Rokata said. He stood over a crater of freshly smashed rubble and debris in the ruins of an ancient gryphon city. Selene was curled in the crater, her hair singed and horn cracked, Her hooves charred half black. Her bag of archaeologist tools were still on her back, completely destroyed by the prior battle. The only thing of the pack that survived was the leather straps. "If it were up to me, I'd let you live. But I never default on a contract." Rokata raised his hoof and charged an energy blast at its tip. "It's a shame you have to die, but I will honor you with one last request."

"A request?" Selene asked in a solemn tone. "I can think of only one thing I must learn before I die." She stood up, her legs broken and shaking. "I must know how you achieved this perfection. I need to see it for myself, what you truly are."

"Yes, I have a wish," Selene said, looking at Dynamo. "To learn that which took my life. To see what grips the hilt, and learn it. No committee can grant me that."

@Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

"Took your life?" Dynamo asks, raising an eyebrow in both confusion and curiosity. "What does that even mean? Did something happen in the past that changed you to what your are now? I'm going to assume that's why you willingly allowed yourself to gain the power of the yokai that Nin gave you." Dynamo began to wonder if there was a reason as to why Selene was covered from head to toe in bandages. She was an absolute mystery, but the more they talked, the more he felt like he was learning about her. Especially from what he had learned from Shining Armor and Quill. "I'm going to assume that the committee isn't able to grant just about every single wish that may have been already asked."

• Brohoof 1