Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111 @reader8363

"...Wait, who is he talking to?"

Copper had to look up at the arena circle for a moment to try and understand what he was trying to process.  Though the crowd was making it quite difficult to hear, he could swear he was hearing his best friend talk to someone.  The moment he had a good idea, he had to take a step back in fear.  "No... Dynamo," he stammered.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/13/2020 at 5:07 PM, Literally Snails said:

"Don't you remember? You won the tournament," Quick Fix said, taking a step closer to Dynamo. "I heard it was incredible. After you won your battle, Jade narrowly defeated Rokata and saved you all from certain doom. You were given one wish and you asked for me."

When Dynamo tried to recall what Quick Fix was saying, to remember what happened during his fight with Selene, his memories were incomplete. He couldn't remember what happened. "I'm so proud of you. Why don't you put that weapon down?"

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111

"O-Our team won the tournament? We actually stopped Rokata's team?" Dynamo questioned, trying to recall the earlier fights in the final round. While it was true that they were tied, he didn't seem to recall seeing Jade's fight. "Wow. I didn't think I actually would have won my fight. I would have said it was close. Considering our opponents were no pushovers, but still. Knowing Jade was able to stop Rokata is a sigh of relief for the mind." As Quick stepped closer towards him, Dynamo had a puzzling feeling in the back of his mind. What his father said wasn't making much sense. Not just by the mention of Jade winning, but by his wish.

'That can't be right. My wish was to try and bring Frostflame back. I-It can't even be possible to bring my dad back right? Even Canteen, Sueno and the others had mentioned something about bringing someone back was a risk. If so, then why? Why is it that I can't remember?' His mind was drawing a blank as he tried to recall any and all details of the previous events mentioned. Even memories of his fight against Selene felt incomplete, but the answers were unknown. He slowly nodded as he lowered his weapon. He would have to recall the weapon soon enough as he didn't want to drain his energy by just talking.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Spoiler

Draco forced himself up. "He's just standing there," Draco stated with a sigh. "Right," he stated as he looked at Dai. He began to walk. Then then yelled out "Cast away those mists in your mind. Honeyed words like hers will lead you astray. What ever she's showing you is not real!"

On 1/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"O-Our team won the tournament? We actually stopped Rokata's team?" Dynamo questioned, trying to recall the earlier fights in the final round. While it was true that they were tied, he didn't seem to recall seeing Jade's fight. "Wow. I didn't think I actually would have won my fight. I would have said it was close. Considering our opponents were no pushovers, but still. Knowing Jade was able to stop Rokata is a sigh of relief for the mind." As Quick stepped closer towards him, Dynamo had a puzzling feeling in the back of his mind. What his father said wasn't making much sense. Not just by the mention of Jade winning, but by his wish.

'That can't be right. My wish was to try and bring Frostflame back. I-It can't even be possible to bring my dad back right? Even Canteen, Sueno and the others had mentioned something about bringing someone back was a risk. If so, then why? Why is it that I can't remember?' His mind was drawing a blank as he tried to recall any and all details of the previous events mentioned. Even memories of his fight against Selene felt incomplete, but the answers were unknown. He slowly nodded as he lowered his weapon. He would have to recall the weapon soon enough as he didn't want to drain his energy by just talking.

The span of this deception lasted mere seconds for those watching the fight. Dynamo stood staring at Selene, neither of them saying a word, and then Dynamo lowered his weapon as Selene stepped closer.

"It was unfortunate you couldn't save everyone," Quick fix said to Dynamo. He reached for Dynamo's shoulder, but as soon as he touched him, Dynamo felt a sharp sensation of burning pain in his chest. The illusory world Dynamo was in faded away in an instant, and the blue unicorn suddenly realized where he was and what had happened. The cloud in his mind disappeared and he instantly remembered the fight he was in prior.

"A direct hit!" Topaz announced to the cheers of the crowd.

Selene stood directly in front of Dynamo. Blood trickled from Dynamo's chest where Selene's hoof struck him just beneath the ribs. There was a glowing aura around her hoof that made it burn like fire, searing through his flesh and penetrating deep.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad

Watching the fight Canteen just sighed "BORING." before he watched what was going on "Dynamo you silly little Moo, should of known of the illusions." he watched the attack and coughed some "He should keep an injury...the moment you feel pain it would of broke the illusion." watching Selene closely he yelled out towards her "Oi you could Pick up the pace a bit, you are putting me to Sleep. If I were in there You would of at LEAST Be on death's door."

Sueno watched as she knew the illusions were affecting Dynamo, she spoke softly "Dynamo...your mind is clouded. You should release your magic more. Clear out your mind and take Selene to her Limits and show her your have No Limit...that one day of training is more then enough for anything team Rokata has to offer."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer
Rose stood up from her exhaustion an of just hearing the fight. She kept the coat on and took what was going on with a calm unemotional look on her face. She said as if it was no big deal, "Now it's a battle in the mind more than a physical one, he might not make out of this in one piece." She was worried about him, but yelling wasn't going to do anything.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/17/2020 at 8:14 PM, Literally Snails said:

The span of this deception lasted mere seconds for those watching the fight. Dynamo stood staring at Selene, neither of them saying a word, and then Dynamo lowered his weapon as Selene stepped closer.

"It was unfortunate you couldn't save everyone," Quick fix said to Dynamo. He reached for Dynamo's shoulder, but as soon as he touched him, Dynamo felt a sharp sensation of burning pain in his chest. The illusory world Dynamo was in faded away in an instant, and the blue unicorn suddenly realized where he was and what had happened. The cloud in his mind disappeared and he instantly remembered the fight he was in prior.

"A direct hit!" Topaz announced to the cheers of the crowd.

Selene stood directly in front of Dynamo. Blood trickled from Dynamo's chest where Selene's hoof struck him just beneath the ribs. There was a glowing aura around her hoof that made it burn like fire, searing through his flesh and penetrating deep.

As he felt his father place a hoof upon his shoulder, the words he heard felt off to the blue unicorn. "S-Save everyone? Dad...what do you..." His words were cut short as he felt a sharp sensation in his chest. Almost as if he was having a sort of heart attack. As suddenly as it occurred, the illusionary world had faded from his vision. The roar of the crowd had returned, the ring was visible once more, but the match was not in his favor. He could even hear the voices of his teammates and allies giving their two cents on what had happened. He blinked with a gasp as he recalled that he was still in a match. 

His ears twitched as Topaz announced what had happened to the crowd. Selene had struck him in the chest as he felt blood trickle from underneath his ribs. He coughed, a bit of blood trickling from the side of his mouth. "Y-You tricked me." He grit his teeth as his chest felt like it was on fire. He used a free hoof to grab her arm to keep her from backing away. It was all he could do as the pain from the controller and her hoof was too much to bear for him.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

His ears twitched as Topaz announced what had happened to the crowd. Selene had struck him in the chest as he felt blood trickle from underneath his ribs. He coughed, a bit of blood trickling from the side of his mouth. "Y-You tricked me." He grit his teeth as his chest felt like it was on fire. He used a free hoof to grab her arm to keep her from backing away. It was all he could do as the pain from the controller and her hoof was too much to bear for him.

Spoiler

Selene tilted her head up, pointing her largest eye- that replaced her mouth- directly at him. "I did not. You saw what your mind was ready to believe. You tricked yourself."

With Dynamo's hoof locked around her right leg, she raised her other leg which swirled with a red aura. "You take everything at face value and create a little world for yourself based on what you believe. A construct like that is a deadly prison, and you aren't likely to break it." Her largest eye narrowed at him, with the slitted pupil turning like the head of a screw. "For example, you still don't believe I'll kill you."

She swept her hoof at Dynamo with the force of a wrecking ball packed into her small leg.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Selene tilted her head up, pointing her largest eye- that replaced her mouth- directly at him. "I did not. You saw what your mind was ready to believe. You tricked yourself."

With Dynamo's hoof locked around her right leg, she raised her other leg which swirled with a red aura. "You take everything at face value and create a little world for yourself based on what you believe. A construct like that is a deadly prison, and you aren't likely to break it." Her largest eye narrowed at him, with the slitted pupil turning like the head of a screw. "For example, you still don't believe I'll kill you."

She swept her hoof at Dynamo with the force of a wrecking ball packed into her small leg.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Selene tilted her head up, Dynamo shivered slightly as her largest eye, the one that replaced her mouth, was looking directly at him. He still wasn't comfortable at the idea of Selene still having multiple eyes. He could only take deep, shaky breaths as the pain from his chest and magic drain were getting to him. Selene's words had caused his mind to go into overdrive. 'W-What I saw...was an illusion? I created that back then?' He slowly shook his head as he didn't want to believe the unicorn's remark. "A-A...prison?"

He thought about Selene's words as she raised her other leg. The leg soon swirled with an aura of red energy. He didn't have time to think as he saw her hoof being swept at him. Dynamo tried to think of a way to dodge or evade, but he was stuck in place. Having less than half of his magic left, he knew he had to do something. Acting quickly, he gripped the hilt of the Minato blade as the kanji started to spin once more. It quickly stopped as the aura around the sword glowed a golden yellow. "A-Art of Shield! Defense!" He threw up his blade as a makeshift shield as his defenses became stronger. The attack would still hurt, but it wouldn't be as severe as potentially intended.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Jade nickered as she watched Dynamo try to defend himself from the attack. "He has a good heart, but he must not let it hold him back."

I can't lose somepony else to this infernal tournament...

"You must fight for your life," she said a little louder, "or she will take it."

• Brohoof 1

On 1/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

He thought about Selene's words as she raised her other leg. The leg soon swirled with an aura of red energy. He didn't have time to think as he saw her hoof being swept at him. Dynamo tried to think of a way to dodge or evade, but he was stuck in place. Having less than half of his magic left, he knew he had to do something. Acting quickly, he gripped the hilt of the Minato blade as the kanji started to spin once more. It quickly stopped as the aura around the sword glowed a golden yellow. "A-Art of Shield! Defense!" He threw up his blade as a makeshift shield as his defenses became stronger. The attack would still hurt, but it wouldn't be as severe as potentially intended.

The shield shattered like a glass mirror when she swung through it to strike Dynamo, but the shield slowed her strike enough to avoid anything fatal. She slammed into his shoulder and he was flung to the edge of the ring, dropping like a sack of wet flour.

Spoiler

"And Selene scores a second consecutive hit on Dynamo! The advantage here is obvious!" Topaz announced.

Selene stepped toward Dynamo, her hooves softly clicking on the concrete with each trot. "Is this your best effort? I've misjudged you." Her largest eye narrowed at Dynamo. "I mistook you for somepony with true conviction, but you aren't even worth the lives it cost to get you here."

Her right eye glowed like it did during her semifinal fight, radiating a solid yellow light while she concentrated her power into her right hoof. She pointed the hoof at Dynamo like a loaded gun. Dynamo had used at least half his power but she clearly had plenty to spare. "We all make misjudgments."

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The shield shattered like a glass mirror when she swung through it to strike Dynamo, but the shield slowed her strike enough to avoid anything fatal. She slammed into his shoulder and he was flung to the edge of the ring, dropping like a sack of wet flour.

Reveal hidden contents

"And Selene scores a second consecutive hit on Dynamo! The advantage here is obvious!" Topaz announced.

Selene stepped toward Dynamo, her hooves softly clicking on the concrete with each trot. "Is this your best effort? I've misjudged you." Her largest eye narrowed at Dynamo. "I mistook you for somepony with true conviction, but you aren't even worth the lives it cost to get you here."

Her right eye glowed like it did during her semifinal fight, radiating a solid yellow light while she concentrated her power into her right hoof. She pointed the hoof at Dynamo like a loaded gun. Dynamo had used at least half his power but she clearly had plenty to spare. "We all make misjudgments."

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Selene swung at his guard, Dynamo was shocked to find that his shield was broken instantly on contact. He tried to get a reflect spell, but she was able to overpower him. Thankfully, the shield was able to slow down the strike, but it still didn't stop her from slamming her hoof into his shoulder. The blue unicorn had been flung towards the edge of the ring. As he landed, Dynamo could only let out a pained groan as he grabbed the shoulder she struck.

The blue unicorn tried to get up, before he would be given a ten count. He was shaking, tired, frustrated and afraid. He had used so much energy at this point, but it looked as if Selene was still good to go. Almost as if she wasn't putting in any effort. So many emotions were going through him right now, but he still felt as if he wasn't getting anywhere. He breathed heavily, while his eyes were half open as Selene started walking towards him. He narrowed his eyes slightly as his opponent actually began to talk to him more. "I...I never said it would be easy." Hearing her words and her largest eye narrowing itself at him. To Dynamo, it honestly hurt him. He wanted to wonder if he had been worth it, but he knew thinking like that wouldn't get him anywhere. "At least g-give me some credit. I somehow managed to get all the way towards the finals, right?"

Just like in the semifinals, Selene's right eye started to glow. Her right hoof started to glow a solid yellow light. Almost as if she was concentrating energy into a single point. He shakily grabbed the hilt of his Minato blade, before the kanji began to spin once again. Albeit, the kanji had begun to spin much more slowly than before. He would just wait for Selene to make a move, before making his. He wouldn't allow her final words to get to him.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn tried to get up, before he would be given a ten count. He was shaking, tired, frustrated and afraid. He had used so much energy at this point, but it looked as if Selene was still good to go. Almost as if she wasn't putting in any effort. So many emotions were going through him right now, but he still felt as if he wasn't getting anywhere. He breathed heavily, while his eyes were half open as Selene started walking towards him. He narrowed his eyes slightly as his opponent actually began to talk to him more. "I...I never said it would be easy." Hearing her words and her largest eye narrowing itself at him. To Dynamo, it honestly hurt him. He wanted to wonder if he had been worth it, but he knew thinking like that wouldn't get him anywhere. "At least g-give me some credit. I somehow managed to get all the way towards the finals, right?"

Selene's original eye softened, half lidded. "I wonder what you gained when you rejected Nin's offer. Something in the next life, perhaps." She charged energy into her hoof and leapt at Dynamo when he still appeared to be off balance. The sphere in her hoof was like a small bomb that would explode as soon is it hit its target. This time her target was Dynamo's center of mass.

39 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene's original eye softened, half lidded. "I wonder what you gained when you rejected Nin's offer. Something in the next life, perhaps." She charged energy into her hoof and leapt at Dynamo when he still appeared to be off balance. The sphere in her hoof was like a small bomb that would explode as soon is it hit its target. This time her target was Dynamo's center of mass.

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363

As Selene continued to charge her energy, Dynamo tilted his head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean, or did Rail not tell you about that? It was Rail who offered me the chance. Not your teammate, Nin. Who knows if I was able to gain something or not. Perhaps we'll see if I can still win." As she began to leap, the blue unicorn had thought he sensed a disturbance of some sort. It was as if there was a shift in the air, but he couldn't quite put a hoof upon it. It didn't help that what Draco had said didn't make sense to the gaming stallion. 'Mist of doubt? What doubt is he even talking about?' He thought as something was wrong, but he couldn't explain why. As she descended closer and closer, Dynamo decided he had to quickly change tactics mid-fight. "Art of Jump!" He backpeddled, albeit shakily. With the amount of energy he had left, he was having some trouble with keeping his balance. As he placed his two front hooves upon the ground, the gaming stallion quickly pushed off from the ground. Ascending from the air in an attempt to avoid his target, before his Minato Arts changed once more. Once the kanji slowed down, the aura of the Minato Blade changed to purple in color. "Art of Buster Mode!" 

Once Dynamo began his descent, he increased his speed with a spin dash to try and close in on his opponent. All the while, the blade radiating with energy.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363

As Selene continued to charge her energy, Dynamo tilted his head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean, or did Rail not tell you about that? It was Rail who offered me the chance. Not your teammate, Nin. Who knows if I was able to gain something or not. Perhaps we'll see if I can still win." As she began to leap, the blue unicorn had thought he sensed a disturbance of some sort. It was as if there was a shift in the air, but he couldn't quite put a hoof upon it. It didn't help that what Draco had said didn't make sense to the gaming stallion. 'Mist of doubt? What doubt is he even talking about?' He thought as something was wrong, but he couldn't explain why. As she descended closer and closer, Dynamo decided he had to quickly change tactics mid-fight. "Art of Jump!" He backpeddled, albeit shakily. With the amount of energy he had left, he was having some trouble with keeping his balance. As he placed his two front hooves upon the ground, the gaming stallion quickly pushed off from the ground. Ascending from the air in an attempt to avoid his target, before his Minato Arts changed once more. Once the kanji slowed down, the aura of the Minato Blade changed to purple in color. "Art of Buster Mode!" 

Once Dynamo began his descent, he increased his speed with a spin dash to try and close in on his opponent. All the while, the blade radiating with energy.

That was a bit of a hair splitting technicality. The offer still came from Nin, Rail was just the one who did the talking. The ground beneath Dynamo's feet exploded into solid debris as soon as he jumped, Selene's strike had missed its mark despite her usual accuracy.

He's still fast. He shouldn't be able to move with such swiftness after his injuries.

She moved back onto all fours and looked up at Dynamo when he started his retaliatory attack.

As I suspected. His strength and his resolve are closely aligned.

Dynamo swung his blade at Selene before she had time to mount a proper defense. The audience saw a clean hit. Selene put up some kind of energy barrier to slow down the strike, but it still broke through and left a deep slice on her right slide, even cutting a few of the eyes on her torso as she was pushed to  the ground. The first major damage she'd taken.

However, once again, Dynamo saw something different. There was a flash of light as his blade connected, and when he was able to see again, he was on the ground, standing next to the body of Starlight Glimmer, bleeding onto the fragmented cement.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

That was a bit of a hair splitting technicality. The offer still came from Nin, Rail was just the one who did the talking. The ground beneath Dynamo's feet exploded into solid debris as soon as he jumped, Selene's strike had missed its mark despite her usual accuracy.

He's still fast. He shouldn't be able to move with such swiftness after his injuries.

She moved back onto all fours and looked up at Dynamo when he started his retaliatory attack.

As I suspected. His strength and his resolve are closely aligned.

Dynamo swung his blade at Selene before she had time to mount a proper defense. The audience saw a clean hit. Selene put up some kind of energy barrier to slow down the strike, but it still broke through and left a deep slice on her right slide, even cutting a few of the eyes on her torso as she was pushed to  the ground. The first major damage she'd taken.

However, once again, Dynamo saw something different. There was a flash of light as his blade connected, and when he was able to see again, he was on the ground, standing next to the body of Starlight Glimmer, bleeding onto the fragmented cement.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

During the attack, Dynamo felt himself spun much more slowly in the spin dash. The damage he had received earlier in the fight had been affecting him. He decided to keep up with the attack, despite the feeling of pain in his upper chest. Since he was spinning, he wasn't able to see as he swung with brute force. A bright flash had occurred, while he thought he had struck an energy barrier. It didn't break upon impact, but pushing through the attack was enough to gain a clean strike. Upon landing back on the ring a few feet away. deactivated his spin dash as he looked upon the ring to inspect his progress. "Did I manage to do it?" 

He looked around, while seeing no Selene in sight. He panted slightly in lack of breath as that attack drained him of slight energy, but he felt grateful for the successful attack. As his eyes adjusted, his eyes had noticed a body of pale pink fur was lying on the ground. Dynamo narrowed his eyes somewhat as if he didn't want to believe what he had seen. He took a tentative step forward as he drew near the body that looked to have been bleeding. Standing next to the body, Dynamo gasped softly as his breath had become hitched. "N-No. I-It can't be..." He wasn't sure if this was an illusion or not as his mind raced into overdrive. Lying upon the ground was none other than Starlight Glimmer.

"Star!" He quickly moved towards his friend as he tried to shake her shoulder. In an attempt to help wake her up. "Star! Please, get up! I didn't mean to. I mean, I d-didn't know you were going to be here. I..I just..." Try as he could, he felt as if he wasn't receiving an answer. He looked to his left front hoof he had placed upon her shoulder to see his hand was bleeding. His whole body had begun to shake as he felt himself begin to hyperventilate. Seeing the state Starlight was in had prompted flashbacks of losing Frostflame, losing Tricis and finally to losing his father. He tried to stay strong as he attempted in telling himself that this wasn't real. Tears that had been built up had begun to fall. Cascading down his cheeks as his will was starting to break. "STARLIGHT!" He raised his head and shouted in despair. He dropped to his knees as the Minato blade slipped from his clutches. Clanging upon hitting the ground, but the blue unicorn didn't care. He wrapped his hooves around him as if he was giving himself a hug. "P-Please, no. Not you too. I lost my father and I just lost some teammates. I've lost too much in my life already. I can't lose my best friend too. I just can't. Please...d-don't leave me." He shook with grief as he felt as if he was going into shock.

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Star!" He quickly moved towards his friend as he tried to shake her shoulder. In an attempt to help wake her up. "Star! Please, get up! I didn't mean to. I mean, I d-didn't know you were going to be here. I..I just..." Try as he could, he felt as if he wasn't receiving an answer. He looked to his left front hoof he had placed upon her shoulder to see his hand was bleeding. His whole body had begun to shake as he felt himself begin to hyperventilate. Seeing the state Starlight was in had prompted flashbacks of losing Frostflame, losing Tricis and finally to losing his father. He tried to stay strong as he attempted in telling himself that this wasn't real. Tears that had been built up had begun to fall. Cascading down his cheeks as his will was starting to break. "STARLIGHT!" He raised his head and shouted in despair. He dropped to his knees as the Minato blade slipped from his clutches. Clanging upon hitting the ground, but the blue unicorn didn't care. He wrapped his hooves around him as if he was giving himself a hug. "P-Please, no. Not you too. I lost my father and I just lost some teammates. I've lost too much in my life already. I can't lose my best friend too. I just can't. Please...d-don't leave me." He shook with grief as he felt as if he was going into shock.

Spoiler

Selene stood back up, but Dynamo still saw Starlight laying on the ground as he inched closer.

"I don't know what's happened! It looks like Selene is the one who took the hit, but Dynamo looks like the one in pain!" Tricis announced, but Dynamo couldn't hear her.

"I've never seen such a boring fight," Rail commented.

"She doesn't want to win without finding out who's stronger," Rokata observed. "Mason might try a trick like this to get an easy kill. For her, it's the opposite. Dynamo's strength is hidden behind a wall of insecurity and self doubt. This is a fight that can only be had at the breaking point."

"Dynamo..." Starlight said through half lidded eyes, looking up at the blue unicorn as blood dripped from her lips. "Why didn't you stop it?" She weakly raised a hoof to Dynamo, but let it fall back to the ground. Dynamo could see them in her eyes, Frostflame, Tricis and Quick Fix all laying helpless and lifeless. "Just... one more, right? You can't afford the luxury of having your friends survive. You're too weak." She closed her eyes.

DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

"It's something he needs to learn. It's something all of you need to learn." Selene said, she was looking at Dynamo, but it sounded like she was addressing his team as well. "You don't get to choose if you make sacrifices. Not really. If you don't give up what it takes to make yourself strong, the universe will take its due... with something else." She pointed her hoof at the back of Dynamo's head, and charged a blast, ready to end the fight here.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene stood back up, but Dynamo still saw Starlight laying on the ground as he inched closer.

"I don't know what's happened! It looks like Selene is the one who took the hit, but Dynamo looks like the one in pain!" Tricis announced, but Dynamo couldn't hear her.

"I've never seen such a boring fight," Rail commented.

"She doesn't want to win without finding out who's stronger," Rokata observed. "Mason might try a trick like this to get an easy kill. For her, it's the opposite. Dynamo's strength is hidden behind a wall of insecurity and self doubt. This is a fight that can only be had at the breaking point."

"Dynamo..." Starlight said through half lidded eyes, looking up at the blue unicorn as blood dripped from her lips. "Why didn't you stop it?" She weakly raised a hoof to Dynamo, but let it fall back to the ground. Dynamo could see them in her eyes, Frostflame, Tricis and Quick Fix all laying helpless and lifeless. "Just... one more, right? You can't afford the luxury of having your friends survive. You're too weak." She closed her eyes.

DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

"It's something he needs to learn. It's something all of you need to learn." Selene said, she was looking at Dynamo, but it sounded like she was addressing his team as well. "You don't get to choose if you make sacrifices. Not really. If you don't give up what it takes to make yourself strong, the universe will take its due... with something else." She pointed her hoof at the back of Dynamo's head, and charged a blast, ready to end the fight here.

As Topaz made her announcement, Dynamo weakly looked up to see Starlight's gaze. Just the sight of the state she was in was enough to make him feel sick to his stomach. "I-I'm sorry. I...I didn't know. I didn't mean for it to be like this." The look on his face turned grim as he saw Frostflame, Tricis and his father all lying upon the ground in Starlight's eyes. 'No. No, no, no no, no!' He thought as this couldn't be happening to him. He wanted to scream in horror at the sight before him, but it was as if he was paralyzed with fear. At the mention of one more, he felt lost as he didn't understand. As Starlight closed her eyes, her words echoed throughout his mind. "I-I guess I r-really am...weak." He looked back towards the ring as the life in his eyes started to fade. His eyes being half lidded as he felt this was the end of the line for him. He thought he heard Selene address something to him, but he was too lost and far gone to understand. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

"No... this can't be happening..."

Copper was in an absolute panic.  He didn't want to see his best friend die.  Not like this.  He was shaking, in fear and rage, mostly because he knew he couldn't do anything.  Tears were springing from his eyes as he bellowed out, in a roar that would dwarf anything the crowd could muster, and certainly have Dynamo hear.

"DYNAMOOOOOOO!"

That tone would tell anyone in the arena that he would never forgive Rail or this tournament if Dynamo died.

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade closed her eyes, ears lowered. If there was one thing she understood, especially after this tournament, it was sacrifice.

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Topaz made her announcement, Dynamo weakly looked up to see Starlight's gaze. Just the sight of the state she was in was enough to make him feel sick to his stomach. "I-I'm sorry. I...I didn't know. I didn't mean for it to be like this." The look on his face turned grim as he saw Frostflame, Tricis and his father all lying upon the ground in Starlight's eyes. 'No. No, no, no no, no!' He thought as this couldn't be happening to him. He wanted to scream in horror at the sight before him, but it was as if he was paralyzed with fear. At the mention of one more, he felt lost as he didn't understand. As Starlight closed her eyes, her words echoed throughout his mind. "I-I guess I r-really am...weak." He looked back towards the ring as the life in his eyes started to fade. His eyes being half lidded as he felt this was the end of the line for him. He thought he heard Selene address something to him, but he was too lost and far gone to understand. 

She stepped forward, staring right into Dynamo's eyes. She prayed he could see her.

"She is manipulating him," she repeated. "He needs to realise that none of what he's seeing is real."

Use your head, Dynamo...

(edited)
2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"She is manipulating him," she repeated. "He needs to realise that none of what he's seeing is real."

"But it is real," Selene said as she circled to Dynamo's side, keeping her attack charged. Even with Dynamo entranced she wasn't going to strike. The point of this wasn't to get an easy win, plus she was still cautious about approaching him. "You only understand one part of reality, but existence is perception. Right now, you do not exist to Dynamo. I don't create facsimilies. I create windows into new truths, every bit as real as the one you experience."

7 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Selene watched Dynamo's reaction with a calm spirit, waiting to see where this new information would take him. Soon, she decided that his spirit  was crushed, and there was no more need for her to be cautious. She raised her glowing hoof again, and prepared to fire.

7 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper was in an absolute panic.  He didn't want to see his best friend die.  Not like this.  He was shaking, in fear and rage, mostly because he knew he couldn't do anything.  Tears were springing from his eyes as he bellowed out, in a roar that would dwarf anything the crowd could muster, and certainly have Dynamo hear.

"DYNAMOOOOOOO!"

Copper's words were clear in Dynamo's ears. Somehow, his friend's shouting had managed to get through in a way  that his other  teammate's had not, and Dynamo was given a split second realization of where he was. Still, the pain of loss was heavy on his soul.

Selene fired a psychic beam of energy at the back of Dynamo's head, this time prepared to kill him and decisively end the fight.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

On 1/25/2020 at 6:47 AM, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

"No... this can't be happening..."

"DYNAMOOOOOOO!"

That tone would tell anyone in the arena that he would never forgive Rail or this tournament if Dynamo died.

As Copper's voice rang throughout the stadium, Dynamo's ears twitched slightly as he thought he heard a voice calling out to him. His eyes slowly moved towards the source of the voice to see Copper, who was on the verge of what looked to be a nervous breakdown. "C-Copper...?" He thought he had heard other voices, but they had been drowned out as they weren't coherent.

21 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"But it is real," Selene said as she circled to Dynamo's side, keeping her attack charged. Even with Dynamo entranced she wasn't going to strike. The point of this wasn't to get an easy win, plus she was still cautious about approaching him. "You only understand one part of reality, but existence is perception. Right now, you do not exist to Dynamo. I don't create facsimilies. I create windows into new truths, every bit as real as the one you experience."

Selene watched Dynamo's reaction with a calm spirit, waiting to see where this new information would take him. Soon, she decided that his spirit  was crushed, and there was no more need for her to be cautious. She raised her glowing hoof again, and prepared to fire.

Copper's words were clear in Dynamo's ears. Somehow, his friend's shouting had managed to get through in a way  that his other  teammate's had not, and Dynamo was given a split second realization of where he was. Still, the pain of loss was heavy on his soul.

Selene fired a psychic beam of energy at the back of Dynamo's head, this time prepared to kill him and decisively end the fight.

Within a split second, Dynamo had found himself within a sort of white void. He was momentarily left in confusion as he thought he was still in a fight against Selene. Even though he knew his loss was a forgone conclusion. 'W-What just happened?' He thought as he was still visibly shaken. He looked around the area as he tried to figure out where he was. At the same time, he tried to figure out where the source of Copper's voice was coming from within the void.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1