Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

6 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade's expression softened from Draco's response. It wasn't what she expected, but she had to admit that it was refreshing. She simply nodded at him.

Her ear flicked as she overheard Rose's comment, and she snapped her glare over to her. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath. Her gaze softened once again as she approached her teammate.

"Master Tricis is not 'a random old mare'," she said. "I have learned so much from her, and she has given so much to see us succeed in this tournament. If there is a chance to save her, and everypony else, then I will take it."

34 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Unicorncob @dragon4111
Rose act like she was thinking about it and said, "She probably already had a foot in the grave. That's why she trained you, to take her place now and in the future." She took a gulp of her drink, and placed the cap back on before turning to Draco and add, "yes?"

@dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo looked over to see his teammates were arguing. He sighed as the mention of Tricis was brought up. "Come on, you guys. Please stop fighting." He spoke up as he slowly walked over towards the others. "Look. I get what Rose is trying to say, but Tricis is important. We lost too many friends already at this point. If there's any way we can save who we've lost, then we at least have to try. So, I'm going to have to side with Jade on this one." He watched as Draco was going to attack Jade. If he had magic, then he would try and stop them. He wasn't as injured as the others, but his low supply of magic was a different story. "I get that Tricis didn't train me that much when it comes to magic. However, she helped me to finally understand the idea of sensing magic. So, if anything, then she's definitely worth saving. She helped some of us out when we really didn't expect any form of assistance. I know she could be seen as a cold and heartless individual, but it's just like what Jade told me. That's her way of showing she cared. To me, she's both a great teacher and a good friend. If there's one thing I know, then it's that I won't go abandon my friends. That goes to every single one of you."

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad
Rose saw the kick coming and made a cushion where it was going to hit. She still felt it, but it didn't do any damage. She said in a cold manner, "It will be wise not to do that again." She wanted to stab him, that took a lot of magic and what magic she had left is holding her up inside her and mending her wing. She turned to Dynamo and said, "Look, I know that she was important to creatures, but I've seen and caused a lot of death, and I just think it's a bad idea to risk a royal's life." 

@reader8363

Draco looked her in the eyes right into her eyes. "Respect your elders little mare. And what you think you scare me?" Draco asked with a cruel laugh. "Darling I was able to handle dragon's fire burning my skin. I am able to handle  pain darling. You do not scare me little filly," he stated with such as cold of a told. "I broke mare's bones before little filly and they were twice the fighter you are,"

5 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad
Rose saw the kick coming and made a cushion where it was going to hit. She still felt it, but it didn't do any damage. She said in a cold manner, "It will be wise not to do that again." She wanted to stab him, that took a lot of magic and what magic she had left is holding her up inside her and mending her wing. She turned to Dynamo and said, "Look, I know that she was important to creatures, but I've seen and caused a lot of death, and I just think it's a bad idea to risk a royal's life." 

@dragon4111

Once he had seen Rose made a cushion to nullify the hit. Dynamo nod as he could only watch. He wasn't the leader and he knew what he said might not matter. He still felt it was necessary to explain his side of the story. "I don't doubt you, Rose. After what I've gone through in that last fight? I'm starting to understand what you, Draco and the others have experienced in your career's." He says, glancing over towards Draco. "Now I know what you meant when you said I was somewhat of a child. How you didn't want to see me go through something like what I just went through in that battle. I can't just say that going through one fight has made me completely understand you, but I now know the reality of it all." He raised a curious eyebrow at Rose as what she had said had confused the blue unicorn. "I'm sorry, but I think you lost me. What did you mean it's a bad idea to risk a royal's life?" He wasn't sure if the royal Rose had mentioned was Jade or Rail, but he thought it would be better to ask. Just in case he sounded foolish for assuming the wrong train of thought. 

@Dynamo Pad

"I think she means Shining armor but he knows the risks," Draco stated simply. "And she's drunk," Draco stated with a snarl. "What you saw? let me guess she showed you a vision of your best friend dying?" Draco asked with a sigh. "It's going to be tough but knowing that they are alive will ease the image from your mind. Wish it was simple for me," Draco stated as he walked away and laid down near to Dai. He brought his pack close to him

@Dynamo Pad
Rose shook her head and said, "It's nothing." She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. She didn't need to be thinking of the past. She opened them and said quietly that only Dynamo could hear, "Honest opinion, do you think Jade will win?" She clicked her claw quietly on the bottle as she calculated her recovery and magic.

(read the post wrong and thought Shining's life was at stake, instead of Tricis)

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I think she means Shining armor but he knows the risks," Draco stated simply. "And she's drunk," Draco stated with a snarl. "What you saw? let me guess she showed you a vision of your best friend dying?" Draco asked with a sigh. "It's going to be tough but knowing that they are alive will ease the image from your mind. Wish it was simple for me," Draco stated as he walked away and laid down near to Dai. He brought his pack close to him

Dynamo nodded as he took Draco's words into consideration. He wasn't sure on the assumptions, but he tried to not thing too much of it. "Possibly, but it seems we all know the risks when we entered this tournament. Also, yeah...Selene did." He sighed, the memories of the illusions were still fresh in his mind. "It wasn't just my best friend, Starlight. She showed me losing Frostflame, Trics and my father, as well. If she wanted to, then she could have showed me the moment of losing each of you." He explained as he had meant Draco and everyone else on the team. "I don't think anything will ever be simple, but now I have a better of idea of what you and the others possibly go through. I'm glad to know that Starlight will be okay, but it still hurts thinking that I lost so much. Even though I know everyone else on this team has probably lost a lot in their lives already. I've learned a lot in my fight and I'm hoping to take that experience with me.

41 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad
Rose shook her head and said, "It's nothing." She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. She didn't need to be thinking of the past. She opened them and said quietly that only Dynamo could hear, "Honest opinion, do you think Jade will win?" She clicked her claw quietly on the bottle as she calculated her recovery and magic.

(read the post wrong and thought Shining's life was at stake, instead of Tricis)

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo's ears twitched slightly as he thought he heard Rose talking to him. He turned to face her as he listened closely to her whispering. He looked over to Jade and wondered if it was possible for them to win. Should he lie and assure his teammate, or should he just be brutally honest? He looked back to Rose, while keeping a neutral expression upon his face. "To be honest? I...really don't know, Rose. You and the others weren't there when Jade, Tricis and I had watched Rokata fight. He took down the opposing team without even breaking a sweat. He even made his fight seem like a show as he showed us what he was capable. Since I've ben able to grasp the concept of sensing magic, I can tell that Jade has become even stronger than ever before. I can at least say that she has a fighting chance when it comes to facing off against Rokata. I don't know what Tricis did, but I feel as if I can put my trust in my captain. She's the one that put me as co-captain so I know Jade will do everything in her ability to win. She believed in me and helped me to reassure that I was capable of so much more than I thought was possible. Now, it's my turn to put all of my trust within both my captain and my friend." He says, giving Rose a small, yet confident smile.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, reader8363 said:

13 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears twitched slightly as he thought he heard Rose talking to him. He turned to face her as he listened closely to her whispering. He looked over to Jade and wondered if it was possible for them to win. Should he lie and assure his teammate, or should he just be brutally honest? He looked back to Rose, while keeping a neutral expression upon his face. "To be honest? I...really don't know, Rose. You and the others weren't there when Jade, Tricis and I had watched Rokata fight. He took down the opposing team without even breaking a sweat. He even made his fight seem like a show as he showed us what he was capable. Since I've ben able to grasp the concept of sensing magic, I can tell that Jade has become even stronger than ever before. I can at least say that she has a fighting chance when it comes to facing off against Rokata. I don't know what Tricis did, but I feel as if I can put my trust in my captain. She's the one that put me as co-captain so I know Jade will do everything in her ability to win. She believed in me and helped me to reassure that I was capable of so much more than I thought was possible. Now, it's my turn to put all of my trust within both my captain and my friend." He says, giving Rose a small, yet confident smile.

For a brief moment, Jade felt a slight twinge of betrayal at Dynamo's answer. It left as quickly as it came, as she realised he was sharing his honest feelings and she could not fault him for that.

And in honesty, she wasn't sure she could win either. Indeed, she had seen Rokata fight. In a battle of raw strength, she would no doubt be within an inch of her life in a matter of minutes.

What was it you said before? If you are not stronger, then you must be smarter?

She took another deep breath. Hearing Dynamo's faith in her helped put her nerves at ease.

She stared Rokata down from across the arena, unflinching, ears propped up for any sign of a response from this community.

@Literally Snails

• Brohoof 2

On 2/8/2020 at 7:09 AM, Unicorncob said:

For a brief moment, Jade felt a slight twinge of betrayal at Dynamo's answer. It left as quickly as it came, as she realised he was sharing his honest feelings and she could not fault him for that.

And in honesty, she wasn't sure she could win either. Indeed, she had seen Rokata fight. In a battle of raw strength, she would no doubt be within an inch of her life in a matter of minutes.

What was it you said before? If you are not stronger, then you must be smarter?

She took another deep breath. Hearing Dynamo's faith in her helped put her nerves at ease.

She stared Rokata down from across the arena, unflinching, ears propped up for any sign of a response from this community.

@Literally Snails

Rokata realized the instance that she saw them. He could feel her anticipation and nervous energy, but better yet, he could feel that he was nervous as well. He didn't know the outcome of this tournament. He was finally going to get to fight.

"There's nothing like putting your life on the line to put things in perspective," Rail said, exhaling a wisp of smoke. "That's something I've always envied about you fighting types. It's so much easier for you to make the ultimate wager."

"I appreciate your confidence in me," Rokata said.

@reader8363 @dragon4111

Dai didn't interfere with the scuffle between Draco and Rose, but when things calmed down and Draco went into his recovering sleep, she sat by his side and sighed. He wouldn't stay under for long since the final match was close to starting.

@Unicorncob

Rokata and Rail stepped away from the balcony and disappeared from view. It had been ten minutes since the wager was announced. Plenty of time for the "committee" to deliberate on their decision.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Rose nodded and said, "Yeah, I can tell that it might be a close fight, but something is telling me that Rokata might not be done." She sat down and dissipate the magic that she was using to heal her wing, any more and she'll be helpless, like in the forest. She gave a small shudder and gulped a bit more of her drink.

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata and Rail stepped away from the balcony and disappeared from view. It had been ten minutes since the wager was announced. Plenty of time for the "committee" to deliberate on their decision.

Jade scraped her hoof on the ground, anxious for an answer. She wanted to begin this final battle sooner rather than later, and all this waiting was wearing on her patience.

"Why do they stall?" she asked. "Is Rokata afraid to face me? Or is this yet another of the mental battles he loves so much?"

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade scraped her hoof on the ground, anxious for an answer. She wanted to begin this final battle sooner rather than later, and all this waiting was wearing on her patience.

"Why do they stall?" she asked. "Is Rokata afraid to face me? Or is this yet another of the mental battles he loves so much?"

Copper looked up from his meditating spot to look at Jade, having overheard what she was asking.  "Something's telling me that they're planning on pulling a fast one on us, which is why I'm in my current position now, slowly regenerating my energy, in case something bad happens and I have to defend the team."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob@DwhitetheGamer

"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP!" Draco yelled out as he looked at them with a death glare. "I am trying to sleep so that I can recover but noo you two have to be impatient. Complaining, whining about how it's jade's turn to get beaten to hell and back. Jade why don't you just shut up and meditate and feel out Rokata's spirit then," Draco stated with an order as he just wanted to get back to sleep.

9 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper looked up from his meditating spot to look at Jade, having overheard what she was asking.  "Something's telling me that they're planning on pulling a fast one on us, which is why I'm in my current position now, slowly regenerating my energy, in case something bad happens and I have to defend the team."

@Unicorncob

"I dont think that's their style," Shining Armor said, "I dont know much about Rail, but we in the Royal guard are all taught to be up to date on Rokata and his cohorts. He's definitely the type to prefer the fastball over the curve, know what I mean?"

7 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP!" Draco yelled out as he looked at them with a death glare. "I am trying to sleep so that I can recover but noo you two have to be impatient. Complaining, whining about how it's jade's turn to get beaten to hell and back. Jade why don't you just shut up and meditate and feel out Rokata's spirit then," Draco stated with an order as he just wanted to get back to sleep.

"Or... that's another way of putting it." Shining Armor said, rubbing his ears.

DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Spoiler

Rail and Rokata stepped back into the outer ring, causing the crowd to quiet down, though many of them were still out of their seats. There was a sense of unease in the air as Topaz looked down on the two with an expression of concern. Rail nodded at her, signalling her to get on with the proceedings despite her emotional unease.

She slowly raised the mic and cleared her voice. At one moment, she almost dropped it but managed to keep it afloat. "Okay fans, return to your seats! After a short recess, the tournament committee is ready to give their verdict. Will the team captains please enter the ring?"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/10/2020 at 1:49 AM, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad
Rose nodded and said, "Yeah, I can tell that it might be a close fight, but something is telling me that Rokata might not be done." She sat down and dissipate the magic that she was using to heal her wing, any more and she'll be helpless, like in the forest. She gave a small shudder and gulped a bit more of her drink.

Dynamo nodded, before tilting his head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean, Rose? What makes you think Rokata might not be done?" He knew Rokata was strong, but Rose's words had left him feeling confused. It was either Rokata had something else up his sleeve, or Rose knew something that he didn't. 

18 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Dynamo looked over towards his captain and nodded in agreement. The waiting for the committee's answer was starting to get to him. "You'd think they would pause for dramatic effect or something. I don't think Rokata is afraid to fight. He probably wants to keep the suspense going, until an answer has been decided." He hoped there would be an answer soon. He knew the longer he would wait to go up to fight, then the more nervous he would be. 

13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob

"I dont think that's their style," Shining Armor said, "I dont know much about Rail, but we in the Royal guard are all taught to be up to date on Rokata and his cohorts. He's definitely the type to prefer the fastball over the curve, know what I mean?"

"Or... that's another way of putting it." Shining Armor said, rubbing his ears.

DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Reveal hidden contents

Rail and Rokata stepped back into the outer ring, causing the crowd to quiet down, though many of them were still out of their seats. There was a sense of unease in the air as Topaz looked down on the two with an expression of concern. Rail nodded at her, signalling her to get on with the proceedings despite her emotional unease.

She slowly raised the mic and cleared her voice. At one moment, she almost dropped it but managed to keep it afloat. "Okay fans, return to your seats! After a short recess, the tournament committee is ready to give their verdict. Will the team captains please enter the ring?"

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable

Dynamo's ears fell as he heard Draco's shout. He looked over towards his teammate, who had supposedly woken up from a nap. He looked from side to side at the group arguing and sighed. 'Good grief. I mean, we can't help in being worried and impatient about the verdict of this fight.' He looked over to Copper, who was sitting in a meditative pose. He could sense that Copper was starting to get his energy back. For what reason, the gaming stallion couldn't say. He was brought out of his train of thought as Topaz's sudden announcement. As both captain's were being called up to the stage, Dynamo took a small step forward to gain Jade's attention. "Hey, Jade!" He called out to her in hopes that she would turn to him. "Please. Finish this battle. Do it for the team. We're all counting on you and we all believe in you. Remember that anger and emotions can be used in the right way, but don't let it consume you. The same goes for fear as it's what I told you before." He paused as he remembered the same words that he spoke, before the stepped out towards the ring. "Having a sense of fear allow you to make cool-headed decisions. Just don't back away because of it. You've got this, captain. I know you do." He says, giving Jade a sincere smile that showed he was telling the truth.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Rose shook her head and said as she listened for the announcement, "I'm not a hundred percent sure, just a hunch that I've learned my line of work. The ruling better be good." She could feel the unease in the air, so she opened a small portal, only big enough for her hoof, and pulled out her sword, Thorn.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"He has certainly been biding his time," Jade commented.

19 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

She said nothing, shooting back a glare of her own.

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Hey, Jade!" He called out to her in hopes that she would turn to him. "Please. Finish this battle. Do it for the team. We're all counting on you and we all believe in you. Remember that anger and emotions can be used in the right way, but don't let it consume you. The same goes for fear as it's what I told you before." He paused as he remembered the same words that he spoke, before the stepped out towards the ring. "Having a sense of fear allow you to make cool-headed decisions. Just don't back away because of it. You've got this, captain. I know you do." He says, giving Jade a sincere smile that showed he was telling the truth.

No pressure.

She fought the urge to pull a face. She knew Dynamo was trying to help, and he was right, so she simply nodded.

She took a breath and stepped into the ring, not taking her eyes off Rokata as she approached the centre.

8 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"He has certainly been biding his time," Jade commented.

She said nothing, shooting back a glare of her own.

No pressure.

She fought the urge to pull a face. She knew Dynamo was trying to help, and he was right, so she simply nodded.

She took a breath and stepped into the ring, not taking her eyes off Rokata as she approached the centre.

Spoiler

Rokata took a step forward and Rail addressed him without making eye contact. "Oh, try to win this one. I have a lot riding on this."

Rokata said nothing and stepped into the ring. He stood across from Jade like they had before, but this time both fighters were teeming with anticipation. Something inside of them demanded this fight. 

"We're just waiting on a final ruling from the committee..." Topaz said, looking up at the blank viewscreen above the ring.

@Canteen_the_unstable 

"Bah!!! I don't know how much more o' this I can take! Tell me I have to wait for something, that just makes me want it more!" Cumulus announced to the remaining members of Team Crimos who were still sitting beside him.

"I'd advise setting up an energy barrier," Tatterhoof said. "These two are gonna cause a lot of havoc." 

DwhitetheGamer@Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111@Dynamo Pad  @reader8363

"This is the part I don't understand, Rokata is supposed to be the toughest of all of them, right?" Shining Armor said.

Quill nodded.

"I'm a magically aware pony. I don't understand why I'm not picking up anything from him. I can feel how strong Jade is and how much she's improved, but Rokata feels weaker than all his teammates. Now that the other members of his team are down for the count, the only strong presence I'm getting is... Jade."

@Unicorncob

"You know that what happens today wont save her. Tricis was dead before you ever met her," Rokata said, breaking the silence between the two. "You should have seen her when I knew her. Young and powerful and wise. But she wasted that gift, and I could not forgive her for that."

"Come on..." Topaz muttered, staring up at the screen.

"It disgusted me to see her like that. That's why she had to go," Rokata added with a venomous sincerity, though his intention was vague. Perhaps he really was that bitter. Perhaps he was just trying to make Jade angry. Perhaps he was trying to make himself angry. 

A green circle appeared on the screen, signaling the committee's approval.

"That's it folks! The final match of the dark Tournament for the championship will be Jade versus Rokata!" Topaz announced.

Rokata took one step back with his hind right leg and readied himself into a battle stance, extending one hoof out to Jade. "You've already seen how a life of apathy ends. You're better than that."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Draco growled slightly as his eyes snapped open. He then stated simply "Oh for f..ks' sake he's hiding his power. it's a common trick for assassin's," Draco snapped at the two talking ponies. "While I have faith in jade she needs to get that stick out of her arse and go all out. Because he's aiming to kill," he stated simply and plainly.

@Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 1

"This is the part I don't understand, Rokata is supposed to be the toughest of all of them, right?" Shining Armor said.

Quill nodded.

"I'm a magically aware pony. I don't understand why I'm not picking up anything from him. I can feel how strong Jade is and how much she's improved, but Rokata feels weaker than all his teammates. Now that the other members of his team are down for the count, the only strong presence I'm getting is... Jade."

As she stood across from Rokata, staring him in the eyes, Jade could somehow feel it too. Or more accurately, she could feel nothing from him.

Perhaps he is hiding his true power somehow. Be on your guard.

"You know that what happens today wont save her. Tricis was dead before you ever met her," Rokata said, breaking the silence between the two. "You should have seen her when I knew her. Young and powerful and wise. But she wasted that gift, and I could not forgive her for that."

"It disgusted me to see her like that. That's why she had to go," Rokata added with a venomous sincerity, though his intention was vague. Perhaps he really was that bitter. Perhaps he was just trying to make Jade angry. Perhaps he was trying to make himself angry. 

"That's it folks! The final match of the dark Tournament for the championship will be Jade versus Rokata!" Topaz announced.

Rokata took one step back with his hind right leg and readied himself into a battle stance, extending one hoof out to Jade. "You've already seen how a life of apathy ends. You're better than that."

Jade felt a pang of anger in her chest. "It was you who wasted your gift, not her."

Once the signal was given, she too stood back and bowed her head. The customary fighter's greeting would be the last shred of honour she would show this monster.

"Above a life of apathy?" She too moved her hooves into a battle stance, one front leg raised. "I thought the same of you once."

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Quill nodded.

Dynamo glanced over to Shining Armor, who had brought up the mention or a strong presence and Rokata. It didn't make sense to the blue unicorn how the team owner couldn't sense Rokata's energy. "Maybe the reason you aren't able to sense his energy is because Rokata is hiding it."

6 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco growled slightly as his eyes snapped open. He then stated simply "Oh for f..ks' sake he's hiding his power. it's a common trick for assassin's," Draco snapped at the two talking ponies. "While I have faith in jade she needs to get that stick out of her arse and go all out. Because he's aiming to kill," he stated simply and plainly.

@Dynamo Pad

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @Unicorncob

Dynamo blinked a couple of times as he heard Draco's comment. "So, basically what Draco had said." He says, looking back towards the ring as Jade and Rokata took center stage. "Rokata is hiding his power, but every time he attacks he raises a bit of his energy. The energy appears and disappears in a blink of an eye. Not only to lead his opponents into a false sense of security, but to also test the waters. It was the same way when he took down an entire team by himself. There were moments that his energy quickly spiked that you'd instantly miss it. Although, you could feel a sort of weight pulling you down as it would feel difficult to breath from the pressure." He narrowed his eyes slightly as Rokata was talking poorly about their Tricis. He knew it was Rokata's way of getting Jade angry, but he hoped that she would be okay. His ears soon perked upon hearing Topaz's voice about the match would happen. "Here we go." He muttered softly as the match was about to get underway. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt a pang of anger in her chest. "It was you who wasted your gift, not her."

Once the signal was given, she too stood back and bowed her head. The customary fighter's greeting would be the last shred of honour she would show this monster.

"Above a life of apathy?" She too moved her hooves into a battle stance, one front leg raised. "I thought the same of you once."

Immediately as the fight began, Rokata had his answer to the first question plaguing his mind in the days prior. Would Jade choose to attack first? No. This was an annoying habit of hers. Wait to gauge her opponents weaknesses before striking. She'd been spoiled by these gentle one on one duels and didn't appreciate the value of the first strike.

Rokata pulled back his right front hoof and a starch green aura swirled around it in visible streamers, causing his muscles to expand and bones to contort in the leg until it turned into the gnarled, sharp claw he'd used before. It looked like the claw of a gryphon combined with pony physiology and something totally alien. "You think I'm not taking this personally too?" He shouted, gritting his teeth as he balanced himself on his hind legs, using his wings for support. His left front leg transformed as well, and the demonic transformation spread to his shoulders as well. Purple veins spread across his chest, blending in with his bizarre tattoos. "I'll start with both arms!" He declared.

Jade and Shining Armor couldn't feel Rokata's presence before, but now that he was powering up, so to speak, his energy was easy to feel. The fight was just getting started, but he already felt  like he was putting out more energy than any of the times he'd fought before.

He placed his claws on the ground and spread his wings, then sprang forward at Jade with such veracity and speed that it looked like he was teleporting to the untrained eye. He became a green streak before stopping in the air ahead of Jade with  his right claw ready to deliver a punch. Jade's eyes were more attuned than the average pony. She could see him move, but the speed was still remarkable.

He punched down at Jade, but his fist wasn't the real problem, there was a red burst of energy that shot from his fist like buckshot, enough force  to completely obliterate the ground she was standing on.

• Brohoof 1