Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to 'The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time' Trivia, here on the MLP Forums.

No doubt many of you are surprised at seeing this appear on a forum dedicated to pastel coloured ponies and their human counterparts. Well, if you've read Jeric's post regarding non-MLP events--if you haven't then I suggested looking at it--then you'll know that this is something that has been planned for a while now. The regular trivia rules apply here just to let that be known so don't worry about having to memorize a new set of rules or anything.

How much do you know about Ocarina of Time? A lot? Very little? None at all? Well... Your knowledge is going to be tested with two sets of questions dedicated to the game. Fortunately, you only need to answer the first set in order to obtain a badge. Yes, this trivia does have a badge so you're not doing this and getting nothing in return. Of course, if you were to answer the second set, you would get a better version of the badge in question as proof that you are a master of this game and its intricate secrets.

Can you earn both badges? Yes, but only if you're a master.

Anyway, the first set of questions are dedicated to Ocarina of Time. The second set is dedicated to the Master Quest version, the Nintendo 3DS remake, and some trivia that you would normally not consider when playing. That should make things more interesting.

Unlike the previous trivia sub-events, there is no cast character to submit your answers to. So this time, you will be sending your answers to me directly. This also means that I am the one to ask for any questions, concerns, and hints where applicable. Each set has twelve questions and a bonus but remember that the Master Quest set are optional. Only those truly dedicated will attempt to answer those.

This thread will remain open for the next four days as per usual. You know the drill with this bit by now.

Remember, send your answers to me @Ganondorf8

Ready? Here we go!

Ocarina of Time Set.

Q1. How many dungeons exist in Ocarina of Time?

Q2. What is known as Dampé, the Gravekeeper's 'stretching shrinking keepsake'?

Q3. How many 'spiders of the curse' are there in total?

Q4. The Stone of Agony resembles which Nintendo peripheral?

Q5. How many songs can be learned on the ocarina?

Q6. Who said the following and when?
    A. "You must have seen the white horse gallop past just now."
    B. "Oh! Oh-oh! C'mon! Come on! Come on! Come on! HOT!! What a hot beat! WHOOOOAH! YEEEEAH! YAHOOO!!"
    C. "Now I can get back to my blade business! My worrrrrk is not verrrry consistent, so I'll give this to you so you won't forrrrrget."
    D. "Past, present, future... The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail upstream and downstream through time's river..."

Q7. Who is the Guardian Spirit of the Forest?

Q8. How many rupees does one need to purchase all ten magic beans?

Q9. What are 'The Sacred Feet'?

Q10. What does one do in the 'Forest Stage'?

Q11. Like-Like is a creature that does what?

Q12. The Mask of Truth has what special power?

Bonus: Name all of the items obtained in the trading sequence, in order, that leads to the strongest sword in the game. (You need to name this as well) (Note: Spelling is optional.) (Note: I will accept the Ocarina of Time 3D name changes that were given to some of the items)

Master Quest/3D/Other Set.

Q1. What is the main change between Ocarina of Time and Master Quest?

Q2. In Ocarina of Time 3D, the Stone of Agony was changed into what?

Q3. In Master Quest, what kind of 'switches' were added to Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly?

Q4. When was Master Quest released? How was it released in North America?

Q5. The Water Temple, a notorious dungeon, was changed in Ocarina of Time 3D to make it much easier to navigate. What was the change?

Q6. The Ice Arrows are seen as the most useless item in the game. Why is this?

Q7. In Master Quest, how many Iron Knuckles are fought in the game? How many are fought originally?

Q8. Ocarina of Time 3D allowed for bosses to be fought again. What kind of mode is this and how does one access it?

Q9. In Master Quest, where was the dungeon item moved to in the Fire Temple? Where was it originally?

Q10. What is the Hylian Loach and how does one make it appear?

Q11. In Master Quest, what creature is guarding the Iron Boots in the Ice Cavern? What was guarding them originally?

Q12. Ocarina of Time 3D added two additional stipulations to Master Quest. What are they?

Bonus: What is the infinite Gold Skulltula trick and how is it done?

• Brohoof 5

• The topic was unlocked

@Ganondorf8

Well, I can at least answer the First set of questions. Although about Q1, in terms of dungeons, are we only counting ones that have a Big Boss? Because there are a few optional mini-dungeons that aren't as big as the others.

I'm not going for the Master set of questions.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

@Ganondorf8

Well, I can at least answer the First set of questions. Although about Q1, in terms of dungeons, are we only counting ones that have a Big Boss? Because there are a few optional mini-dungeons that aren't as big as the others.

I'm not going for the Master set of questions.

I'm counting all of them.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Master Quest/3D/Other Set.

Q12. Ocarina of Time 3D added two additional stipulations to Master Quest. What are they?

Before I continue with the second set, can you elaborate on this question?

Edit: Forget it, I understand it now

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

About OOT Question 5

Reveal hidden contents

Do I need to include the Scarecrow Song?

You seem to know your stuff well.

3 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Before I continue with the second set, can you elaborate on this question?

This means additional features to add to the difficulty. I'll give you one hint here:

Spoiler

Think of Mario Kart and one of its difficulty settings.

• Brohoof 1

That was a lot of fun, OOT is my second favorite Zelda game, and is the one I'am most knowledgeable in. These were some pretty tricky questions too, especially the one about Iron Knuckles... that had my gears turning for quite a bit, and I'm still sure I got it wrong.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Ahhh! I know nothing about Zelda! Is it okay if I have my husband answer? He'll probably know!

Sure, I'll allow you to do that.

9 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

So yes or no to my Q5 concern?

That would be yes.

Just now, Will Guide said:

I wonder if in two years, we'll do a trivia for the 20th Anniversary of Majora's Mask? Because I know that game better than most people.

That might be a thing but not right now as we have to wait a couple of years for that.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I’ve never played it. :(

I have, but not recently - I should still have the original N64 cart for it, if I have a hunt around.

Doesn't mean I remember enough to answer the questions though :(

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, ChB said:

I’ve only played the original, but some of the Master Quest questions sound like they apply to the original.

In some ways yes but not in others.

Remember everyone that the second set of questions are optional. You don't have to answer those in order to earn the first badge but you will get the second badge if you do answer them and correctly.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I wonder if in two years, we'll do a trivia for the 20th Anniversary of Majora's Mask? Because I know that game better than most people.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

In some ways yes but not in others.

Remember everyone that the second set of questions are optional. You don't have to answer those in order to earn the first badge but you will get the second badge if you do answer them and correctly.

I sent you the second set in another mail. You will see the first set again as the original mail was restored, but wrote the second after it. Hope that won't be a problem 

• Brohoof 1