Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a religion?

kinda deleted

(edited)

I do I'm a Catholic my birth. Well I don't want to anymore. To me, I'm like 5-10% Catholic. I ain't gonna completely abandon.

God help me

I don't know what I'm saying

Edited by Blazelicious
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a religion, but like many former atheists, I've recently been growing interested in Buddhism. The book I'm reading right now about Buddhist meditation is some fascinating stuff. 1057857549_MaudPie.thumb.png.aa01b9de20741addf24dbaa5e4486e5b.png

• Brohoof 1

I belong to a very prestigious church. One that teaches us that the one true enemy is demons.

Thus we must follow the words of our lord and savior: "Rip and tear until it is done".

The church of Doomguy.

latest?cb=20160530165618

I was brought up catholic, became an atheist, but now I don’t even know. I question everything and don’t take things that seriously so I’m more agnostic than anything.

Spoiler

A hint Swirlyism perhaps. :dash:

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

I'm a Christian and my whole family for generations was raised that way as well which I guess means I believe in Christianity. B)

Proof? I know this sounds dumb

• Brohoof 1

I am a Jedi. I also have heavy Buddhist influance in a lot of my studies. But that is more supplemental to my Jedi path work. 

5 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I've recently been growing interested in Buddhism. The book I'm reading right now about Buddhist meditation is some fascinating stuff.

I highly suggest Thich Nhat Hanh, the Dali Lama, and  Pema Chodron. Secular or not a lot of their stuff is useful

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wouldn't say I'm hardcore religious, but I am a Christian. I mean, I'm not the stereotypical homophobic Christian who looks down on people who don't believe in what I do, but I do believe in God, pray, and read the bible when I can....(although to be honest I haven't in a long time) and I don't go shoving my beliefs up people's faces. In fact, religion is something I never discuss with people, that and politics. I only mention it if I'm directly asked, like in this thread. :P

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I am non-religious. I was raised a Christian (mainly Methodist, but there was some Disciples of Christ, too), but I couldn't hold onto that, because I realized that the Bible is immoral/completely wrong and I found I had absolutely no reason to believe.

2 hours ago, Blazelicious said:

For some reason, everytime I see a reply, I always expect someone to say no

The non believers tend to be more vocal online so I can see where that's coming from. Pastafarian by the way :laugh:

Why don't you want to be Catholic anymore?

I am an atheist. I was christened catholic but I left the church after I lost my believes into god and the interest into the church because of different personal reasons. But I am not a person who avoid contact to religious believers. One of my comrades from the university is a catholic christian and another former comrade is a muslim. I also was befriended with a creationist in my school time, altough I believe into the evolution and not the creationism. So the religious believe of another person is for me irrelevant. the only thing I don't like is when a religious believer say to me that I have to believe what he/she believes. I also don't do the same. I am also not a person who say that God 100% don't exist because when I say this, I have to proof this, but I can not. And so, it is just my personal believe.

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

YES! SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE! :D

Aye, the prospect of eternity as a pirate was too tempting to pass up!

(edited)

I'm Agnostic.Pretty much gave up being Catholic/Christian almost a year ago after realizing how corrupt and hypocritical the organization was.My view on christianity and Religion in general changed as I slowly started to question things and it led me to where I am now,questioning it all and wondering if any of it actually matters.

Glad to say my life's been better without it,that's for sure. ^_^

Edited by Messy Mane
  • Brohoof 1

I gave serious consideration to being a Buddhist and I've always found powerful words of wisdom from Buddhist teachers and text, but the expectations it places on a person to be totally detached from everything is a bit too far a step for me. At least at the moment 

I have been thinking about this for quite a while whether I can still be called a Christian or not.

It is just so hard when you are depending your life on a person (implying that God is a person) that you never see in your entire life.

Also, I always got pissed off whenever someone doesn't give a scientific or logical explanation for something and just simply say "It's the work of God". It's just another annoying way to say "I don't know anything"