Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many more innocent people have to be put in danger?

ManaMinori

I get that Equestrian magic fuels the story, and that likely, EG can't stand on its legs without it, but really- how many more innocent bystanders have to become corrupt or put in danger from Equestrian magic just existing in the human world, where it clearly shouldn't be, before Sunset decides to try to permanently close the portals and stop it from leaking in? Perhaps deciding to go back to Equestria for good? It's clear that she still blames herself for Equestrian magic being there (in spite of the fact that it was Starswirl and Clover the Clever who brought it, first), so why not try to put a permanent stop to it?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, cmarston1 said:

I have a gut feeling that this is going to be addressed in a series finale.

For real. That screams, “FORESHADOWING” for things to come. I wonder if the finale will be as bittersweet as I’m expecting FIM’s finale to be :sunny:

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

I have a gut feeling that this is going to be addressed in a series finale.

I think they’ll decide to send all magic back Equestria even though that means giving up their powers forever.

If the magic can be controlled properly then it can be allowed to exist in the human world. Granted, that isn't an easy task given that the magic has proven to be unpredictable especially when compared to how it operates in Equestria. Then again, as some have said, the question could be given an answer when they finally give Equestria Girls its eventual final conclusion that wraps everything up.

• Brohoof 1

I think the biggest threat is like what happened when Evil SciTwi tried to basically combine their worlds. Hers was particularly bad since she was ripping the fabric of reality beyond what either world could handle, but I imagine since the Human world is technically magic free, there's the risk that Equestrian magic would rush in to balance the two out, and this would destroy each other's ecosystems. Magic would still exist, but it'd be everywhere in low amounts. Something like the portal acts as a filter to allow an opening but prevent the magic from spilling over in large quantities.

Honestly, I think it's leading towards Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria for Good. This is obviously being set up, and don't be surprised that it takes place or starts happening around their Graduation time from High School.  And that instead of a 44-50min mini-movie, we get a full-length 80min finale movie instead.

• Brohoof 1

Also, it bears mentioning that the only individuals {apart from the Humane7} affected by Equestrian magic we've seen in the show were ones in a fragile emotional state and thus much less able to deal with a sudden influx of power responsibly. It's also quite possible that there's an equal - if not greater - number of cases where the magic affected those who didn't go cuckoo nutbar from its effect. That would present an interesting side premise as well - secret groups of magic-empowered individuals working for the greater good.

12 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I get that Equestrian magic fuels the story, and that likely, EG can't stand on its legs without it, but really- how many more innocent bystanders have to become corrupt or put in danger from Equestrian magic just existing in the human world, where it clearly shouldn't be, before Sunset decides to try to permanently close the portals and stop it from leaking in? Perhaps deciding to go back to Equestria for good? It's clear that she still blames herself for Equestrian magic being there (in spite of the fact that it was Starswirl and Clover the Clever who brought it, first), so why not try to put a permanent stop to it?

I wouldn’t fret much. They can’t die because they aren’t real. ;)

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Quinch said:

Also, it bears mentioning that the only individuals {apart from the Humane7} affected by Equestrian magic we've seen in the show were ones in a fragile emotional state and thus much less able to deal with a sudden influx of power responsibly. It's also quite possible that there's an equal - if not greater - number of cases where the magic affected those who didn't go cuckoo nutbar from its effect. That would present an interesting side premise as well - secret groups of magic-empowered individuals working for the greater good.

Sorry but that’s just not true. Aside from the typically possessed teen, students that just happen to be there are also put in danger- the students in the building (as well as Snips and Snails) after Sunset transformed into a baddie, the camp that was put in danger after Gloriosa went nuts, the students (from both schools) who were put in danger by SciTwi, a whole cruise ship of people who nearly drowned...

I think we should remember that we've seen very little of the human world that hold Canterlot High.  It's a planet after all, and magic may exist in various corners of it.  In Friendship Games we saw that Twilight didn't discount the idea of magic being behind everything going on, nor did Cinch.  Neither of them -especially the human Twilight who is a scientist- that magic does not exist.  The difference may be that Equestrian Magic is like an invasive species of plant, one without the natural checks and balances that exist for native magic.  Equestria has magic all over the place and it's not chaotic (Discord aside), but it's taken for granted like any natural resource.

As for putting kids in danger... I would have loved for magical danger to replace the physical danger I went through in high school.  Give me a monster plant from another dimension anytime rather than the monsters who roamed the halls where I went to school.

I sure hope Equestria Girls does get a grand finale that addresses this as others suggested, because I think there's just so many things in EqG that deserve finality, this being one of them.

I even have an idea in mind that I'm probably going to turn into a fanfic. You can thank @cmarston1for originally thinking up the basics of it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand why Sunset Shimmer is blaming herself all the time that Magic has gone haywire because of her. That the Magic from Equestria entered the human world is more a thing of a natural process because there are rifts in a barriere that separates the dimensions of Equestria and the Human world. Look, apart from the first movie where Sunset got back to Equestria to steal Twilight's Crown, all the other incidents were cases where she can't be blamed for. The Equestrian Magic came either spontaneously from the Sky-Rainbow Rocks, Mirror Magic,Rollercoaster of Magic of were hidden somewhere, Forgotten Friendship, Legend of Everfree.Only with Friendship Games the Magic was approached scientifically by Sci Twi who drained the present magic from the HuMane 7. So, the magic will remain whether Sunset is going back to Equestria permanently or not. But if it needs some drama, the HuMane 7 can give up their magic which means that all the portals will close and Sunset is not able to get back or contact to Equestria ever. So her friendship with Princess Twilight needs to be sacrificed to stay with her Human friend and to keep the human world safe.

17 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I sure hope Equestria Girls does get a grand finale that addresses this as others suggested, because I think there's just so many things in EqG that deserve finality, this being one of them.

I even have an idea in mind that I'm probably going to turn into a fanfic. You can thank @cmarston1for originally thinking up the basics of it.

One thing about the series ending is that the fan fic can take off.  When Star Trek went off the air the fan fic became so good and numerous that the best of it was collected and published in book form.  I can see the same thing happening with MLP.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, Jeric said:

I wouldn’t fret much. They can’t die because they aren’t real. ;)

Ironically, the Ponies are more real than most people I've ever met.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, Derpy Ole said:

I don't understand why Sunset Shimmer is blaming herself all the time that Magic has gone haywire because of her. That the Magic from Equestria entered the human world is more a thing of a natural process because there are rifts in a barriere that separates the dimensions of Equestria and the Human world.

Actually, couldn't this whole thing be Twilight's fault? There's an old concept among practitioners of the occult. Always close your portals when you're finished, or things could end up going VERY bad. The original mirror only opened for a couple days every something number of years? Then Twilight builds one that is permanently functional. We never saw her switch it off. Magic could have been leaking through that one this whole time, and may be responsible for most of the mayhem.