Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony is Getting a Manga!

Misty Shadow

1 hour ago, You said:

Even the comics contradict the show at times.

There are generally speaking, different approaches to this issue. Such as "different universes", or "comics are canon until in contrast with the show" or "Only stuff in the show is canon"

Yeah I've heard that about the comics before. There are some comics which people are happy to ignore and weren't well recieved. Others, like the Legends of Magic ones, which were written more in tune with the show, I could very easily see being legit with the show too. Even the story of how Starswirl banished the Sirens was shown in one of the comics but people didn't really like that, then Shadow Play happened and really elaborated on it in a different way. I'm actually looking for the Season 10 comics, since that's pretty much the official continuation of the show.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I still haven't read the second volume(not a big fan of it being one big Dr. Who reference dominated by Pinkie and Dr Whooves, from what I've heard at least). Having read the first and third one though and they're some of the best official Pony content they put out in years. And for me personally, the manga did a really good job filling the void the show lost

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I loved the third volume, thought it was the best one yet. The Nightmare Moon alternate timeline plot was really cool despite the disappointment of Chrysalis never actually appearing despite being mentioned, Discord was actually messing things up in a way I found more amusing than annoying, every dimension the Mane 6 visited was fascinating, my favorite being the one with Somber Twilight, and as always, there were so many great jokes. I'll never forget that gag with Celestia suntanning in the sun and the explanation for Pony Life's existence at the end. :laugh: 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Slight typo.
  • Brohoof 2

So a few days ago I bought all three and read them, and overall I'd say they were pretty good. Now, I'm not all to familiar with manga, but I did end up really liking the cute art style; I think it fit the ponies really well :squee:. As for the stories, some were better than others, but as a previously stated, I enjoyed them overall. My biggest issues were that characters were sometimes butchered and that some stories weren't all too interesting to me (though that one is more subjective). My two favorites are Volume 1 Chapter 6 and Volume 3 chapter 5, and there are a few more I also really liked. Plus, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at some of the jokes while reading them :laugh:

So all of this is to say that I liked them, and I wouldn't mind getting more down the road!

• Brohoof 2

I didn't know that. The art style looks adorable :) I read enough mangas in my time, so take a look at these manags seems like natural thing to do. After reading the previouses posts this manga seems also to good. So I'm quite excited :catface:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have all three volumes, I love the manga. The stories are great. The facial expressions is what really draws me in. I hope that there is more volumes in the future if there is any, but now I have second thoughts that there won't be as Hasbro is gearing up for G5

• Brohoof 2

Man, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious keeled over pretty soon after The Ending of the End if Applejack's already wearing her scarf mere moons later. 

That's depressing.

Although not quite as depressing as Discord causing G4 to turn into Pony Life thanks to stealing the Elements of Harmony from the first two episodes.

5 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Although not quite as depressing as Discord causing G4 to turn into Pony Life thanks to stealing the Elements of Harmony from the first two episodes.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

After how the last season turned out, that sounds like an improvement to me

On 2021-04-14 at 1:23 PM, The Nth Doctor said:

Man, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious keeled over pretty soon after The Ending of the End if Applejack's already wearing her scarf mere moons later. 

Let's say Granny just retired officially and passed it on to her. :squee:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-03-30 at 12:33 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

I loved the third volume, thought it was the best one yet. The Nightmare Moon alternate timeline plot was really cool despite the disappointment of Chrysalis never actually appearing despite being mentioned, Discord was actually messing things up in a way I found more amusing than annoying, every dimension the Mane 6 visited was fascinating, my favorite being the one with Somber Twilight, and as always, there were so many great jokes. I'll never forget that gag with Celestia suntanning in the sun and the explanation for Pony Life's existence at the end. :laugh: 

Goddamnit, gotta read ‘em horse manga :Cozy:

• 2 months later...