Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what are your headcanons

Ittoni

We all have headcanons and something we wish it was real, confirmed, or included in the canon of the show. Or maybe you just have something really cool in your mind that would be awesome to have it in the show. 

What are some of yours?

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

That Equestria's former isolationism and limited technological achievement is the result of Celestia halting relations and banning certain advancements to maintain piece after having come out on top in a major war, and it's why Equestria is in such a drastically better state than so may other places, in part because they never fully recovered. Imagine if WW1 had actually been the war to end all wars kind of thing. Also that war could be traced back to decisions made before Luna's banishment when their rule would've been far outstretching and reminiscent of a Roman Empire, and we see the long lasting effects centuries down the line.

• Brohoof 1

Daybreaker caused Fallout: Equestria.

Full Power, "I want to kill you." Twilight is the most powerful being on the show.

Discord and Celestia ruled together for quite a while before getting tired of it and stopping him. That's really why Luna started to resent her... because she found out Celestia loved the chaos world. Celestia is not the benevolent being the show tries to paint her as.

Starlight Glimmer is still a sociopath. Fluttershy is dangerously close to being one when angered. Pinky is a clone. Twilight may kill everyone if you move enough books out of order.

Discord and Twilight are closer friends then either of them would like to admit.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

Doctor Whooves is actually Doctor Who in pony form.

Fluttershy is into anime, and gothic and metal music. And Rarity is a closeted punk rocker.

Celestia is Trollestia and does a lot of thing just for lulz. 

Sheep are slaves in Equestria, and giraffes are actually sentient, but hide it well.

All inconsistencies in the show are caused by Pinkie Pie breaking the fourth wall and altering the script.

• Brohoof 4

Celestia and Luna are alien/angelic ponies that arrived in the Crystal Empire palace. It's really a star ship!

Celestia will eventually marry her beloved student, Twilight Sparkle.

2 hours ago, Kadeda said:

Discord and Twilight are closer friends then either of them would like to admit.

I think that's already canon to the show.

:ticking:

Focusing on ancient times of Equestria way before the princesses with Sombra being a young colt in the Crystal Empire turning dark and ruling all Equestria.

Edited by Sondash Studios

Let's start with some I've held on to in the face of canon contradiction (I can do canon-compatible ones later):

• Most of the three tribes formed Equestria 1800ish years ago. Discord appeared about 400 years after that and threw their society into chaos for a century or so - Celestia and Luna were born during this time, used the Elements to defeat him and were acclaimed as rulers of a restored Equestria 1300ish years ago. However in the begnnig they were treated more like goddess figureheads than political leaders - only after the Nightmare Moon incident did Celestia settle down in Canterlot and rule directly.
  • Tying in with the above, I use a totally different map to canon, being horizontally oriented (like my own Europe) rather than vertically (like the staff's North America). The orignal pony lands were in the east of current-day Equestria, the country was established in the current-day middle (between a great river in the east and the Canterlot mountain range in the west) and lands to the west of said mountains (such as Ponyville or the "western" towns) have only been settled relatively recently.
  • One I've relaxed a little on is the idea that pegasi did not traditionally have families, instead raising their young communally. I always knew that this had become less common due to influence from surface ponies, but I can run with it or their canon families for the Mane pegasi. (Scootaloo's canon parents on the other hand I ignore in favour of a somewhat distant but still more-or-less present single parent.)

Spike was never born. And that season 3 was a full 26 episodes season, where all the last 13 episodes would either make Twilight a princess or candidate to becoming a princess. In the meantime, develop the tree of harmony better, and make that the final story plot for the entire show.

In the mean time, all the good single (stand alone, pony tones, cheese, Rara, Maud, Quibble Pants, Dr. Caballeron, etc) episodes of season 4, 5, and 6 should have been selected and be the base (worst case episodes of one single season), while the highlight should be the main story and development of the Main 6 and Twilight. Maybe introduce Sunset Shimmer as a villain for Season 4, and Starlight Glimmer as a villain for Season 5. Lord Tirek & Discord could have been at the end of Season 3.

There is a lot of shuffling of episodes and events, but in the end, it would all come done to the one episodes we really enjoy, and the character we love. Just a better presentation, and a longer life for the bronies who were interested from the start.

This is more of a fix than a headcanon, but I can't see anything that needs to be added (only subtracted, and that is Equestria Girls).

• Brohoof 3

My headcanon is that Spike's egg was laid to 2 large kind dragons. But the mother was incurably sick and the father was destined to disappear off the face of Equs. His egg was found by a Time-Traveling pony. (Could be me as Unicorn Will Guide, could be Dr. Hooves, anyone would do) They would bring Spike's egg to Celestia right after Sunset abandoned her studies and ran away into the EQG world. After that, everything else would fall into place

After Pinkie Pie dies someday in the future, she will take the role as the spiritual guide of the afterlife. The previous one was known as a spooky looking skeleton pony with a black robe and a scythe but after Pinkie does it, ponies don't fear death as much anymore.

6 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

After Pinkie Pie dies someday in the future, she will take the role as the spiritual guide of the afterlife. The previous one was known as a spooky looking skeleton pony with a black robe and a scythe but after Pinkie does it, ponies don't fear death as much anymore.

Hmm... I actually had an old theory about Pinkie as connected to the afterlife, but in a more passive, unknowing way - she was linked into it as a remote probe of sorts to gather data on "happiness" - can't make a heaven without it! - and a glitch in this connection granted her her many odd qualities. 

• Brohoof 1