music What is the oldest music you listen to?

ggg-2

• 3 weeks later...

The oldest music I listen I would have to say  that I listen to is classic rock primarily from the  60's to late eighties. My favorites would have to be Beatles,Allman Brothers,Creedence Clearwater revival and Rolling Stones.

Edited by AriaTheLovely
  • Brohoof 1

This awesome signature was made by Tao also here is their  DA

imageproxy.php.png

About 2002 is as old as I go. That's when My Chemical Romance's first album "Bullets" (too lazy to type the full name) released.

This kind of music (Cubicles is such an underrated song). I think parts of some of this album's songs were recorded in the drummer's bathroom or something. I don't remember the story.

Spoiler

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash Fanatic

"You stroll down memories of younger, brighter times 'cause you never realize what you've got till you leave it all behind." ~ dBPony

"So we’re here at the end, did we teach you well, my friend? Don’t look so sad to see us go, after the rain comes rainbows." ~ Princewhateverer

"Darlin' you'll be okay." ~ Vic Fuentes

• 3 weeks later...

The oldest Songs i listened to, as far as i remember, are the early songs of Artist Micheal Cretu, which Dates back to 1978.

I might have heard something older at a certain time, but i dont remember anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

40 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

I have a record released in 1915 and sometimes play it. I also have some records with music re-released on them, stuff that was recorded in 1930 or earlier.

If you like the real oldies try Luigi Russolo.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, BlankFlank777 said:

If you like the real oldies try Luigi Russolo.

Thanks for the suggestion, I found a couple of recordings on youtube, but they were not really my cup of tea.

My 1915 record is this (video not mine, but the same record):

Also I like this song (and its many remakes) and others performed by the same artist:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I listen to a few artists who were active in the 1940s, such as the legendary Frank Sinatra. But the majority of the music I listen to is from the 90s and 2000s.

• Brohoof 2

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

12 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I listen to a few artists who were active in the 1940s, such as the legendary Frank Sinatra. But the majority of the music I listen to is from the 90s and 2000s.

I suppose I could count classical music from the past few centuries, but that's kind of a gray area if you ask me. The sheet music existed, but recorded music didn't exist until the mid-1800s and it wasn't widely available until the 1900s.

• Brohoof 1

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I listen to everything from everywhen, my playlist is utter chaos idk I crave variety

Unless I'm in a mood when only a specific genre will make me feel good/bad/something

spymistress.jpg.f4c63da50ced31e5c940dedebab9af6d.jpg

I Like Bananas Because They Have No Bones by George Elrick (1936)

As far as stuff I listen to regularly 80's Japanese music/90's Mountain Goats songs.