Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

"I think I know who that may be...Dynamo...where did that little friend of yours go? Pastel Heart was it? Yea! That was it. She played the rogue in the game, and boy was she good at it." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

"That's pretty interesting. At the very least, there are those that are giving a heads up on the weather. Sort of like the pegasi who help put clouds and such in the sky. Although, I guess it can be seen in a different sense for where you're from, Thundy." Dynamo explained, while trying to understand the differences between Earth and Equestria. He wanted to give Thundy a thankful nod, but he felt bad. He wondered if anyone else would say, or keep it secret from Samurai. He wanted to tell his friend, but he wasn't sure if telling was a good idea. He wouldn't want anything to happen to the timeline or to Final. He wanted to furiously run his hooves through his mane as he felt frustrated on what he should do. However, he was still in Chelsea's hug so he could only sigh softly. "I hope you get to meet him too, Sam. He was very energetic, but he was a nice friend." He says, offering Samurai a smile. He soon blinked as the asian pony had mentioned that they had forgotten someone.

As he was thinking about what Samurai had meant, his ears perked as Thundy had called his name. Looking over, he soon realized that Samurai must have been wondering about Pastel. "Oh, that's right." He stated, before getting out of Chelsea's hug. He reached into his jacket and/or saddlebag, before pulling out a letter. "I remember Pastel was still asleep in her room, so I thought she'd catch up to see us in the field outside of town. When I got back, it turned out that she wasn't at the house. I searched everywhere for Pastel, but it was as if she had disappeared. When I woke up the next morning, I found a letter placed on the door to my room. It was written by Pastel and it seemed as if she had left Friendshire." He explained, frowning sadly as he levitated the letter over to Samurai to leave. "It looks like she had to go on some journey with her grandpa. She didn't say when she would be back, but I just hope that she and her grandfather will be safe."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

"Yea, Pastel was really nice...I hope she comes back..." Thundy stated looking at Dynamo. "Did Pastel say when she would be back?" Thundy asked. 

Chelsea had gently brought in Bluebell for a gentle cuddle. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Silver broke from the group hug before too long and listened to Chelsea explain her story to them all. Silver did feel sad for her, what she had to go through was certainly terrible, but given how few interactions they’d had and his commitment to staying level-headed, remained quiet for the time being. Last thing he needed was to trigger his nirik state here. However, it seemed Samurai had more than enough energy to make up for it.

After getting that out of his system, Samurai made a comment about somepony being missing. Thundy then mentioned Pastel, and it suddenly occurred to the kirin that, yes, he hadn’t seen her around ever since they left the video game. Dynamo then spoke up and explained that she had left him a note and left town. Silver felt somewhat sad that he hadn’t got to say goodbye, with Pastel being one of the few ponies he had spent any amount of time with since his arrival in Friendshire.

“That’s… rather unfortunate news, Dynamo. Hopefully, she’s safe wherever she is and will return to us eventually.” He remarked.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

"Unfortunately, there was no exact time." Dynamo responded with a shake of his head. "All it said in the letter was that she wasn't sure when she and her grandfather would be back. She said that when she returned, then there would be many tales to tell." He explained, showing everyone else the letter that had been left for him. Looking over at Silver, he could only nod in agreement. "You can say that again. I just hope that wherever they are, I just hope that everything will be okay. I hope she and her grandfather will return someday."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

"Yea...anyway, would you like to continue listening to my story?" Thundy asked the group, sort of eager to keep going since he really hadn't told everything about himself. 

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

Samurai reads the note and sighs. "Well, that's too bad, but I hope we can see her again someday. Mata ne, Pastel-chan..." Samurai momentarily looks away, wondering how she is doing out there, before giving the note back to Dynamo.

He looks over at Silver. "Silver-san, I hope you've been doing good since we last spoke. Are you still trying to make your dream come true?" Samurai asks, a call back to the last thing he said to Silver before he left town for a few days.

Samurai looks over at Thundy as well. "Go ahead, Thundy. And maybe, if there is still time, I can offer us all a song before we go to bed. I'm not sure why, but I've been looking forward to the day we could all sing together. And maybe someday we could also train together, Thundy-san. I was meaning to show you and Dynamo some of my training secrets."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS 

"Training secrets hm? There's actually a little something I gotta show you before I continue..." Thundy stated as he stood up on his two legs in his anthro form. He then gathered some electricity and made his Taekwondo uniform appear. It had a solid black collar. Thundy's 3rd degree black belt also appeared perfectly tied around his waist. Thundy then sat back down in full lotus. "Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, so I was born a human, until one day...when I was biking home from a friend's place. I was only 5 years old at the time. It had started to rain, then thunder. I was trying my best to make it home when all of a sudden...BOOM!" Thundy yelled clapping his talons together. "I was struck by lightning. However, I didn't get seriously hurt. Instead, the lightning strike hit a spot on my body that enabled it to pierce through all the way down to my DNA. This...is what transformed me into what you see now. The transformation was a gradual one, but it didn't hurt. The strike also granted me my abilities. However, my..." Thundy gulped, getting choked up a little. "...my parents almost abandoned me because they thought I was a monster." Thundy stated. 

"Which sadly, caused Thundy's heart to become impure, because he still can't let go of the fact his parents almost did that to him..." Chelsea said looking at Thundy. "That's why I really have to focus deeply when performing certain things with my abilities...it's also why music played a huge part in my life..." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo nodded as he heard Samurai's remark. Taking note of the last words he had said as he understood those words. Hearing the mention of a song, Dynamo smiled as he nodded at Samurai's offer. "I think that would be nice. It's been a while since I heard a song being sung by someone, or as a group." He says, remember that while he had heard music in town due to the gym Thundy and Chelsea had been at. He had meant more along the lines of the karaoke event that had taken place days prior. "Training secrets, huh?" Dynamo asks, raising a curious eyebrow at the mention of training. "I think it would be pretty nice if you and I trained together, Sam. It would be cool to show you what the Gamer Driver is capable of. I'm still learning how to use the belt, but I'm always up to getting advice and/or opinions." He explains, before looking back towards the male griffon. Giving Thundy a nod to continue the story, Dynamo watched as the griffon stood up in his anthro form. He raised an eyebrow in confusion as Thundy had appeared a uniform appear with a karate belt, as well. All the while, wondering what the male griffon had planned.

His answer was given as he listened to the story of when he was five years old at the time. His ears fell slightly as he heard the griffon clap his talons together, but he could imagine how ear-piercing the thunder and lightning had been. His jaw dropped slightly in shock as Thundy had even been hit by lightning, while surprised that he hadn't been hurt. Hearing that Thundy had turned into what he looked like now was almost difficult to believe. However, it was as if some of the pieces had been lined up together. "That makes sense now that you put it that way. Considering that you are able to use electric abilities. Were you thinking of a griffon at the time, or did the lightning strike just turn you into the form you're in now?" He asks, wondering if the lightning strike could have turned him into something else. He frowned as he heard that Thundy was almost abandoned by his parents.

He had recalled Chelsea had mentioned it before, but just like Chelsea. He hadn't learned the full story behind Thundy, until now. "I'm really sorry to hear that almost happened to you, Thundy. I couldn't imagine anyone or wish that feeling upon anyone. I know Chelsea said that you couldn't let go of the fact that your parents almost abandoned you, but I'm glad that they didn't. I know that family can go through a lot of things, but you're family will always be there for you. Just like how it is for friendships. It's not easy as no friendships are perfect, but it's always worth fighting for, in the end." He explained, while trying to offer support for the male griffon. "Now I see what you meant by how music played an important part in your life. Especially when you summoned that DDR machine in the arcade."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @PawelS @GeneralDirection @ExplosionMare

"Yes, music has helped me all throughout the years. It's why I love to play instruments and sing. Music gets me in the zone, especially when I play certain songs. Something amazing seems to happen during a performance if I play true to my heart." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

"...Eh? Karate?" Samurai says as soon as Thundy shows off his uniform and black belt, pronouncing the word by its Japonies pronunciation rather than its western pronunciation. Still, listening to his tale was rather stirring. "Thundy-san, anyone who defends the weak and helpless as passionately as you did today, is anything but a monster." He pats his shoulder. "If you ever want, I could play the shamisen for you. It might not be the kind of music you are use to, but I'm willing to help a friend out."

Though, a comment by Chelsea causes Samurai to pause a moment. "I wonder if my heart would be considered pure or not... My cutie mark is not a yin-yang symbol. However, my training requires a lot of spiritual cleansing, and my fire magic is proof of how far I've come. Summoning flames strong enough to do actual battle damage? For most ponies, that level of elemental magic mastery is nearly impossible, even for the best of magical scholars. Under normal circumstances, you'd need complex incantations, potions, and other aids to boost one's natural magic to dangerous or lethal levels. But me? I can do it with my own magic reserves, and I've condensed all magic incantations into short activation phrases. That's why I can say things like 'Flaming Slash' when I want to cut a target down with fire, or 'Flaming Punch' when I want to delivery a fiery impact. Of course, I'd only use those skills to serve and protect. I've always believed that those with strength and power should only use it to protect others; and if you can't do that, then you shouldn't have power in the first place."

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Nopony and Tree song listen to Chelsea and Thundy's stories. They don't say anything, but they listen with great interest. Hearing about their past helps them understand who they are now.

9 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai also turns to Nopony and Tree Song. "Would you mind telling me more about yourselves? I take it you came to Friendshire while I was away."

"We're searching for magical anomalies. Things that can put Equestria in danger. And we found a lot of them here. There is something in particular that we're currently investigating, it can be very dangerous if we don't do anything. We kept it a secret until now, but I think we can trust all of you, and especially you will be interested in it as a follower of Celestia" Nopony says to Samurai. "We have good reasons to believe that Nightmare Moon has returned."

"About that." Tree Song turns to Dynamo. "We have a plan for further investigation, but it requires some video game magic, so we need your help."

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Pencil listened as Thundy took the floor. She stared at the human image, frightened but also fascinated by it. She would have to make a mental note of it for her drawings. Once the image disappeared, Thundy explained how he was accidentally turned into a griffon by lightning. She flinched as he shouted “BOOM!” and made a loud clapping noise with his talons. She knew it was for dramatic effect, but she wished Thundy didn’t have to be so loud.

“Wait, the weather controls itself? Like the Everfree Forest?” Pencil asked. It was weird to think there weren’t any pegasi on Earth to control the weather. Then again, there probably weren’t any ponies there at all.

She listened silently as the others made conversation. Most of it was about training and advanced magic manipulation, as per usual. However, one topic in particular managed to spark her attention. According to a letter from Dynamo, Pastel was on some excursion with her grandpa. It wasn’t certain when she would return, or if she would return at all.

“It’s so strange to hear she’s not in Friendshire,” Pencil commented solemnly. “I hope she returns someday, even if it’s temporary,”

The next conversation was probably the most surprising one of all, and that was saying something since Friendshire was full of strange surprises. Nopony and Tree Song were here to track down anomalies, sort of like a magical crime investigation. They said that Nightmare Moon was to return and they had to do what they could to stop her. Pencil trusted them to handle it, but that didn’t make the news any less shocking.

“What?! N-Nightmare Moon? B-but how is she back?!” she shrieked.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @C. Thunder Dash

It seems like it's the same for me. Anime and video games help me feel like I can find a sort of center, or feel like I belong. Especially when it comes to gaming when I get into the zone. I've never really used music in games, but I've heard that it can help be calming." Dynamo explained, recalling as he too remembered having that feeling when he found his magic and cutie mark. "I hope this isn't a bad question, Sam. Even so, I was just wondering what a shamisen is? I know some interments like a flute, guitar, cello and such, but never a shamisen. I've always wanted to play the guitar, but it's mostly been Guitar Hero for me." He chuckled slightly with a sheepish smile, before looking towards Samurai with a neutral expression. All the while, listening to the asian pony's thoughts on being pure or not. He was surprised to learn how complex elemental magic could be. Even if one were to have enough elemental magic to cause harm to anything. "I never knew that calling out an attack could be used as an incantation. I guess that's why I was able to launch fire magic at those cragadiles. I didn't say anything, but the magic felt a bit weaker than normal. When I saved that lost child, I called out an attack and it felt like the firepower exploded. I'm still trying to figure out my elemental affinity, but I know it's the same feeling. The feeling of wanting to use that power to protect what's both important and what truly matters." He says, turning towards Pencil as he nodded in agreement. "It was definitely strange and out of nowhere, in my opinion. I remember she was in her room, before I left the house. I even left a note to let her know in case she caught up. Considering it was really early in the morning when we went to talk to Trilby." He explained, recalling certain events from yesterday, before shaking his head. "At any rate, I agree with you, Pencil. I do hope Pastel can return someday. Even if it's only temporary, it would still be nice to see her."

He turned his attention over towards Nopony and Tree Song. The both of whom had explained their reasoning for being in Friendshire. "I think I remember Tree had said something like that when we were in the Gaming World. I guess that sort of fits the whole magical anomalies. Since Tree Song had told us the entire town of Friendshire was encased in a giant circle of bright light." He explained to Samurai as he knew the asian pony was away from town. Upon hearing the name Nightmare Moon, the gaming unicorn gasped in surprise. "Nightmare Moon has returned!? How is that even possible? I heard stories that Princess Twilight and her friends were able to defeat her." He says, wondering what kind of investigation the druid earth pony had in mind. Upon hearing the mention of video game magic, Dynamo had turned his attention over to Tree Song. "What did you have in mind? I mean, I wouldn't mind helping, but how can video game magic help in this sort of investigation?" He asks, wondering where Tree Song and Nopony were going with this.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad

"It's Taekwondo actually." Thundy stated, and yes, I'd love to hear you play the Shamisen. It's really cool how we all can master elemental magic. Chelsea and I have this one technique, where we literally fuse together to make a brand new extremely powerful being. We showed it to Dynamo and Bluebell and it was a spectacle. Let's hope we don't have to use it for combat..." Thundy stated. 

Thundy suddenly heard Nopony state that Nightmare Moon had possibly returned. "Wait what? Could I join in on the investigation too?" Thundy asked. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

"I'm not sure myself how she was able to come back. Perhaps she wasn't entirely defeated, and a part of her magic remained. What I know is that she exists independently of Princess Luna now, and she can impersonate other ponies, including the local ice cream vendor, Sundae Delight. Possibly she could impersonate any of us, but I can tell she's not here, as I would be able to sense her magic."

The druid pauses for a moment, thinking what to say next. "It seems Shadow Trail is her victim this time. Nightmare Moon calls Shadow her »follower«, and it's clear that she disapproves of her relationship with Trilby, and is plotting to disrupt it. This looks like an unimportant detail for a villain such as Nightmare Moon, but somehow it seems to be the first stage of a process that would lead to achieving her usual goals: eternal night and her rule over Equestria. Anyway, I think Shadow is hiding something from us, consciously or not. And that's where we need your help, Dynamo. I'm not familiar with video games, so it will be better if Tree explains it."

"Ah, yes. So, there is a series of games about Phoenix Wright, a defense attorney who has a special artifact that he uses in his investigations. It's called the Magatama, and it can be used to reveal deep secrets that somepony is hiding from the interrogator. It would be very helpful if we can use it when talking to Shadow. Of course we need to be very careful, because forcing information out of her too violently can damage her psyche. But I'm sure it will be clear to us when we should stop. And if we succeed, we can obtain invaluable information that can save Equestria from a dangerous villain."

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

As he listened to Nopony's explanation, a sudden realization had come to light. "Wait a minute. Sundae Delight? Did we meet her at some point?" He asks, recalling that they had possibly met her when they had breakfast the other day. He felt frozen stiff at the idea of one of the group members being an impersonation. However, he breathed a sigh of relief as that wasn't the case. "Shadow?" He asks as he was brought back to reality as he continued to listen to Nopony. "I remember helping Shadow as she was hurt during the war today. I think Sam or someone had taken her to the hospital as I went with Chelsea and Thundy to help heal others who were injured. Do you think Nightmare Moon might have been somewhere close by?" He asks, feeling that something must have felt off or wrong. However, he decided to not think too much into it. He still felt worried for Shadow as even though they didn't talk all that much. He still considered her a friend. 

Hearing that Nopony needed his help, he nodded as the druid wasn't too familiar with video games. He couldn't blame Nopony as the druid didn't seem like the type of pony who liked games. Hearing that Tree Song would explain, he turned towards her as he listened intently on what needed to be done. As he listened to her explanation, Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise at the name of the game. "Oh! The Ace Attorney series! I've played a few of those games, but I love the Phoenix Write games. I know a game about being a defense attorney might seem weird, but it has that unique style to it." He explained, nodding and grinning as he remembered about the magatama Phoenix uses. "I remember that the magatama can help tell if someone is lying or telling the truth. If there's a deep secret that one is holding, then the magatama helps in revealing boxes, or psyche locks." He says, his expression turning to a neutral expression. All the while, placing a hoof upon his chin in thought as it was a delicate process to tip-toe around. "The only thing that I recall is that you need evidence to present in order to help gain more information. That way, it can help break the locks in order to get closer and closer towards the truth." He wondered if it was possible for him to gain the item of the magatama, but he would have to see what the belt was capable of. "I'm all for helping, but how would we go about this? I know the first thing would be for me to try and see if I can turn into Phoenix. That, and if I can use the power of the magatama. We'd also need evidence to help support what secrets Shadow might be hiding. Whether it be consciously or not as you said before. We'd also have to be careful since Nightmare Moon could be anywhere. She definitely would want to make sure that Shadow is safe as you said she's Nightmare Moon's follower. If any information is to get out, then there goes the chance at saving a friend and stopping a villain." He says, trying to figure out what kind of plan Tree Song and Nopony had in mind in this particular plan.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection

"You know...on second thought Thundy, I think I'd be a better fit. With my water abilities, I could recreate the situations and scenes, which could then help us come to conclusions. And...since I have a pure heart, I could tell whether someone is lying or being honest..." Chelsea stated. "Chelsea has a point there, so I'd say she would work the best along with Dynamo's abilities from Phoenix Wright." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

As he waited on seeing what Nopony and Tree Song had in mind, Dynamo looked over as Chelsea had given her statement towards Thundy. He had remembered that the male griffon had wanted to join up in the investigation. However, it seemed that Chelsea had wanted to take over with helping out instead. Hearing each point being made, Dynamo slowly nodded to each idea. "I have to agree with Chelsea on this one. With how she said she could recreate scenes and situations, then that could give us a starting point. That, as well as Chelsea could create some items or objects from her water ability. A sort of way to give clues or evidence to help in talking to Shadow." He explained, before continuing. "The pure heart with being able to tell if someone is lying or not does help. However, the magatama instantly brings up if someone is lying or not, as well. Along with if psyche locks can appear for us to unlock and uncover the truth. Granted, I don't know if I can create the power of the magatama with the Gamer Driver. If I can, then it's no problem. If not, then Chelsea being able to tell if one is lying or not will be very helpful. Always good to have a backup plan just in case." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @PawelS

"The magatama sounds like it could hurt if it's used a little too much...I'd say we use it only if we absolutely need to. Thundy actually taught me about this. He and I watched this show called Law and Order Criminal Intent. The really amazing thing is how the detectives get the criminal or criminals to spill the truth. They make them the most vulnerable and take them on emotional trips that forces them to feel guilty, which leads them to admitting the crime and then they get arrested." Chelsea stated. "Chelsea may have another point there. Plus, sometimes, criminals and foes emotionally numb themselves through intense psychological self-alteration, which means that if you try to pull at their emotions, they'll know...and actually reverse it on you, which...oh boy...it is tough to recover from that..." Thundy stated with a shiver. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Nopony answers Dynamo's questions. "You're right, the one who spilled Finn's food was actually Nightmare Moon disguised as Sundae. She probably wanted to divert our attention, and do something to Shadow and Trilby, which apparently didn't work. She was also at a restaurant where they were on their date, and, in a different disguise, at the hospital with Shadow today. But as far as I know Nightmare Moon's intentions, she just wants Shadow to recover for now, and is going to continue with her intrigues later. So when Shadow gets better, we should ask her some questions before it's too late. And I think it would be best to do it at her home, because I believe there are some things there that we can use as evidence."

When Chelsea offered to help, Tree Song accepted happily. "That's a great idea, maybe we won't even need the Magatama after all. But I think it's best when we leave both possibilities open for now. And we certainly don't want to hurt Shadow, she seems to be the victim in all this. So your presence can help with this too, I believe with your pure heart you will be able to tell when we try to push her too hard."

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

"I wouldn't say that. From what I recall when it comes to the magatama, it doesn't seem to hurt the ones that are being show said magatama." Dynamo tried to explain, feeling as if the idea was being put down. Just like when his idea on Black Whip was considered 'scary.' He shook his head quickly as he tried not to dwell on it as maybe Chelsea and Thundy didn't know much about the game. He tilted his head slightly as he wasn't sure a show like that was in Equestria. However, he continued to listen as Chelsea went into her explanation. "When you put it that way, I think it's called being a good cop, bad cop, or something like that, right?" He asks, frowning as he had to admit that Thundy had brought up a valid point. "I guess that makes sense. There are other ways in order to get the truth from someone. Even if they did numb themselves, then there's always other alternatives. In the Ace Attorney games, there's also two other characters that have special abilities. One, who has a strong sense of sight who can tell when someone is lying. The other is someone who can get a read on one's emotions through analytical psychology. Although, I guess some things in games aren't exactly the same as in real life. Where one thing in a game sounds simple might not be as effective in the real world."

Upon hearing Nopony's response of Sundae and spilling Finn's food. Dynamo gasped as he was surprised to be right. "I was just taking a guess, but I didn't think I was on the right track in my train of thought. I don't get why Trilby is involved. Unless it's what you had mentioned about Nightmare Moon not approving of the relationship between Trilby and Shadow. That, or maybe there's more to it than we are led to believe. It also seems like Nightmare Moon is going from one disguise to another to keep from having her cover being discovered. So, it might be difficult to get close to Shadow. At the very least, Nightmare Moon might not try anything until Shadow is fully recovered." He explained, placing a hoof upon his chin as he was in thought. "Hey, Nopony? Were you and Tree Song able to visit Shadow in the hospital? How is she doing? If she is conscious, then did they say when she would be able to go home? I can imagine that the best time to talk to her is when she's fully recovered and back home, right? If so, then there's still time to plan for the investigation."

He frowned, but nodded in understanding at Tree's response. Even though he wanted to try and help, he felt that this was for the best. "It's like I had said before. I'm not sure if I'd be able to summon the magatama through the Gamer Driver. Even if I could, then I'm not sure if we'd be able to get our answers as easily as it is in the games. We can all east keep the magatama open for discussion, or as a last resort. At the very least, Chelsea seems more fitting fo the role in the investigation."

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS

Samurai listens to what Dynamo has to say. "Ah, well, I'm not sure how to describe it accurately... But I've heard ponies say that a shamisen is like a Japonies banjo, except with a slightly more elegant sound. Instruments like the Shamisen, Shakuhachi, and the Koto are all instruments born from my culture." Samurai does his best to explain it. Seems Thundy all ready knows what a shamisen is at least. But hearing Dynamo explain his own magic is rather interesting. "Well Dynamo, I don't know all the dynamics of your magic just yet, and I think you might still be learning the ins and outs of it too. But many magic scholars have discovered that unicorn and alicorn magic is also tied to our emotional state. If our emotions are strong enough, if we are stressed enough, it can sometimes give our magic an unexpected boost. Like a mother finding the strength of a million ponies to save her kids from getting crushed. For me, my fire magic tends to respond to my strong affinity for justice and protecting people. For other warriors, it might respond to their intense feelings of anger or love. Likewise, there are magical surges that can happen, but usually those are like a glitch that happens when something has interrupted your focus or your control. Things go haywire and the results of your magic will always be random, so it's possible to accidentally summon magic powerful enough to hurt or kill."

However, what comes as a big surprise is Nopony and Tree revealing their information about Nightmare Moon. "Actually... I have some experience with this! Way back, before Thundy and Chelsea arrived here, I actually found and confronted the ghost of Nightmare Moon while she was inhabiting Shadow Trail's body. With the help of another friend who has left Friendshire by now, I thought we successfully exorcised the spirit of Nightmare Moon. However, if you're telling me all this, then I guess our actions were only a temporary set back... I'm willing to help, but I might not offer much. I can defend the citizens, definitely! I can also offer some of my Japonies purification techniques, but I don't know they'll be compatible against a ghost like Nightmare Moon. Also... My ability to detect malicious magic and evil spirits is severely limited. That kind of technique is very advanced, and it's not always compatible with elementals like myself. For me to detect Nightmare Moon's presence, her magic would have to be extremely active. But if she's concealing her presence, it will be a lot harder for me to detect her, if at all."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @PawelS

Thundy’s ears twitched when he heard the other instruments. “As you saw earlier, the guzheng, is one of my absolute favorite Asian culture instruments, also, the erhu to mention another.” Thundy stated. 

“Dynamo, I honestly think that it would be best to approach this gradually. Can’t always rely on items to get criminals to say the truth...” Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

"A Japonies banjo, huh?" Dynamo asks, surprised to learn what the instrument is truly about. Even the other instrument names seemed to have gone over his head as he felt slightly confused. "I hope you can forgive me, Sam. I just don't truly get what those instruments are, but they do sound cool, in my opinion. Do you happen to have all of the instruments you listed? I hope we can get to see them sometime." He says, nodding in understanding at Samurai's magic explanation. "I think I remember someone telling me that before. The whole mother finding the strength to save her children. That's sort of like the magic equivalent to adrenaline, right? I guess some forms of magic can be tied to many different things. I remember when I wanted to save that lost child from the cragadiles, I just thought to myself that I wanted to get to the destination faster. Just so I could save them and keep everyone safe. I can't really do teleportation all that much, but I felt myself traveling at fast speeds. It's difficult to say, but it seemed like I was in a sort of orb or ball. I know I was spinning and the next thing I knew, I was protecting the lost child from the cragadiles." He says, wondering if that was somehow tied to what Samurai had mentioned.

The gaming unicorn's eyebrows were raised in surprise as he heard that Samurai had confronted Nightmare Moon before. Even if it was a spirit of Nightmare Moon, it was still surprising to learn about this. At the mention of another friend that had left Friendshire, Dynamo had wondered if that friend was Astral. "Even if the offered help is not much, then any help is still better than no help at all. I don't know how much help I will be, so I'm in the same boat as you are, Sam. I guess the best thing we can do for the time being is to wait for Shadow to recover, plan how the investigation will take place and anything else. With her concealing abilities, it still feels worrying that Nightmare Moon can disguise herself into anyone. Maybe there's a way to counter that, but I'm not entirely sure." He says, turning his attention towards Chelsea, while tilting his head in confusion towards her statement. "I agree on having to approach this subject in a slow, but steady manner. I guess I'm just confused by what you mean on not being able to rely on items. I think I had mentioned it before when I was mentioning that I don't know if I'd be able to summon said magatama. Even if I was, I'm not entirely sure if the item in question would work."

• Brohoof 2