Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

"Hmm, yea...because now I remember how you couldn't summon a dragonball z nor a dragonball super cartridge." Thundy stated. "Anway...did you want to perform something for us Samurai?" Thundy asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

"I remember that from yesterday." Dynamo responded with a nod. All the while, turning towards Thundy as he recalled attempting to summon the cartridges that were mentioned. Although, to no avail. "Maybe it has something to do with my magic level or the power of the cartridge. I was able to turn into some character fro My Hero Academia, but the Dragon Ball series didn't seem to work. Either that, or maybe some cartridges aren't possible in being forged from certain games. Whether it's from video games or anime." He pondered, before hearing the mention of Samurai performing something for the group. Remembering what the asian had mentioned a bit earlier. "Oh, yeah. That's right. You had mentioned about offering us a song before we all go to bed." He smiled, turning his attention over towards Samurai.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

I answer some questions that came up during the conversation.

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Hey, Nopony? Were you and Tree Song able to visit Shadow in the hospital? How is she doing? If she is conscious, then did they say when she would be able to go home? I can imagine that the best time to talk to her is when she's fully recovered and back home, right? If so, then there's still time to plan for the investigation."

"She was unconscious when I was there today. We should check on her tomorrow."

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"It's like I had said before. I'm not sure if I'd be able to summon the magatama through the Gamer Driver. Even if I could, then I'm not sure if we'd be able to get our answers as easily as it is in the games. We can all east keep the magatama open for discussion, or as a last resort. At the very least, Chelsea seems more fitting fo the role in the investigation."

"We're definitely not dropping the idea. Even seeing the psyche-locks appear, their number and type can give us some valuable information."

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Actually... I have some experience with this! Way back, before Thundy and Chelsea arrived here, I actually found and confronted the ghost of Nightmare Moon while she was inhabiting Shadow Trail's body. With the help of another friend who has left Friendshire by now, I thought we successfully exorcised the spirit of Nightmare Moon. However, if you're telling me all this, then I guess our actions were only a temporary set back...

"This is good to know, Samurai. I didn't know there were troubles with Nightmare Moon before. Hopefully this time we can think of a more permanent solution."

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @PawelS

Dynamo nodded as he heard Nopony respond to some earlier questions. "Okay and that makes sense. I remember she was unconscious when I heard that she needed help. I remember Samurai had taken her to the hospital, before I went with Chelsea and Thundy to help the town. I think checking on her tomorrow is a good idea since we'll see if she'll be okay. That, and we need to know if she's still going to need to rest and recover, or if she's able to leave the hospital and can go home." He explained, understanding that might have been the idea for Nopony's and Tree Song's investigation. He blinked in surprise about his idea being mentioned. "I mean, I'm glad the magatama idea is still on the table of ideas, but I'm still not sure if I can summon it. I still think Chelsea's idea is ideal, but we can go with the magatama idea as a sort of last resort." He would say, a sudden thought had crossed his mind. With so many things that had happened today, he had just remembered that he and Bluebell were supposed to have a date today. He frowned as he was truly looking forward to spending time with the bespectacled mare. Turning slowly, his eyes glanced over towards Bluebell, until his fixed his gaze upon her. He wondered if she was mad at him, or if she was in the same boat as he was. Taking a deep breath, he slowly made his way over towards the blue unicorn mare. "H-Hey, Bluebell? If if it's okay, can we talk in private for a bit? There's something I was hoping we could discuss. I promise it's nothing bad, but it was something to do with our date." He explained in a whisper so only she could hear.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS

Samurai nods, fascinated by Dynamo's story. "Seems like your magic responded to your strong desire to protect. And yes, magical adrenaline is the perfect way to describe it! I'm not sure if I can teach you new spells or techniques, but I think I can at least help you master teleportation, if you want." Samurai says. But he notices Dynamo's interest in Japonies instruments. "A shakuhachi is a bamboo flute, and a koto is like a horizontal harp with a wooded back. The only instrument I personally take with me is the shamisen; it's the only one I know how to play half decently. Some of my kuroko might have the other instruments. They are very talented attendants." Samurai claps and summons one of them. "Did we bring my shamisen?" Samurai asks. The veiled kuroko nods, steps away, then comes back with a long case for Samurai. "Oh! Arigato gozaimasu." Samurai takes it. He sits upright, sitting on his legs in a traditional Japonies style. Then, he opens up the case and pulls out his shamisen and pick.

Spoiler

main_1.png8767B7BD-A601-422D-962A-7EB2E5

"Ah... Perfect. It's still in flawless order." Samurai uses the pick to pluck a few strings. Not getting the sound he wants, he adjust the shamisen at the head until the strings sound just right. "Yosh. Kanpeki ni. Don't ask me to teach you how to play this, though. A music teacher is not something I have the patience for." Samurai jokes with a bit of a laugh.

Samurai turns to Nopony and Tree Song. "Forgive me for intruding, Tree-chan, Namonai-san ("Mr. Nobody" or more literally "Mr. Nameless"). However, do you think we should know your address? More importantly, I want to make sure we all have a way of finding each other. Things may happen in the days that come, and we may end up splitting ways to do other things. If that happens, it might become important for us all to reconnect, if something major should happen. What do you think?" Samurai asks.

However, Thundy and Dynamo suddenly show interest in his song. "Eh? Is it time now? Yosh... All right. If you insist. I had a different song in mind, but since I have my shamisen out and ready, I might as well use it, right? Now, what song would be best at a time like this, after we all just put our lives on the line and now we just want a moment of serenity... Something beautiful and poetic, I think..." Samurai nods and thinks for a moment what would be the best song to play. "Wakatta! I've got it!" He claps and gets his shamisen ready. "I think I'll play this song with a mix of Japonies and western music. Minna... Everyone... This is 'Sakura chiru...', or if you prefer the translated title, 'Cherry blossoms falling...'. Enjoy."

Spoiler

LYRICS:

Kimi to ita kono basho de
Mata kisetsu wa tourisugite
Miageta yozora ni wa kawaranai
Ano hi no kimi ga warau

[Bridge]
Kesenakute
Mata aitakute
Kimi no na o sakebi tsudzuketa
Itoshikute
Hakana sugite
Boku no koe kikoemasuka?

[Chorus]
Sakura chiru hanabira tsukamaete
Kimi no kakera dakishimeta
Namida dore dake kazoete mite mo
Ano hi wa modoranai

Miagereba sabishi souna
Mai chiru hoshizora dakishime
Nidoto futari hanarenai youni
Kimi no ashimoto terasu yo

Todoki sou de
Todokanakute
Dore dake te o nobashite mo
Tou sugite
Koware sou de
Boku no namida miemasuka?

[Chorus]

Itsuka aerukara
Sono hi made wasurenaidene

[Chorus x2 + Bridge]

TRANSLATION:

From the time we met, you were dear to me
Though seasons keeps on changing in my memories
The night sky which I gazed into would never seem to end
Even then you woke me up with a smile

[Bridge]
Now I can't erase
The image of your face
Screaming out your name with every beat of my heart
Can you see the stars?
You're so close, but still so far
Can you feel my voice breathing life into you?

[Chorus]
Sakura! Hear your falling blossoms whisper in the air
Every night, I embraced you through your sorrows
Namida! Doesn't matter how much I try to forget
Those moments were like flowers to me

If I fade away, then will you search for me?
If "someday" don't exist, then will you wait for me?
This time I'll hold you tight so we won't have to part again
In your eyes I saw your heart reach out for me

No matter how we try
Our love will never die
Endless nights of crying were all just for you
Somewhere in between
Reality and dream
Can you feel my tears falling down on your skin?

[Chorus]

Lonely nights won't last forever
Until we meet again, we'll always be together

[Chrous x2 + Bridge]

As Samurai plays the shamisen, a few other kuroko join him with western instruments. It's almost drowned out when the kuroko play things like a violin and a keyboard that sounds much like a classical piano. But soon, Samurai begins to sing the song. As he does, he momentarily looks at his friends a little dreamy eyed as he lullabies them with his poetic song. But it only lasts a moment before he looks upwards and his thoughts take him down a trip through his memories, a trip that perhaps only he can see. Without any intention on his part, life in Friendshire has mimicked some days in Japon. There were days where he spent having fun in the sun with his friends. There were days where they fought evil, armed and ready. There were moments in Japon where Samurai held comrades in his hooves as the reality of combat set in. or when he sometimes got injured protecting others. There were times where maybe he failed to save others. And in the darkest moments, Samurai always carried that responsibility and that pain on his shoulders so no one else would have to. Still, there was always a friend close by, and there were always sakura trees blooming in both bright and dark times. Together, they could share wonderful moments like this night, where he and his friends could gaze at the shining stars and dream their wonderful dreams. He remembers making revelations like this in Japon while dressed like a shinto priest with hat and everything, halfway across the stone path leading to the large temple, the moon softly reflecting against a beautiful river with dozens of lanterns floating on it. A single sakura petal falls on the water and makes gentle ripples. As the finely dressed samurai sits down and puts his back against a pillar, he lowers his head and closes his eyes. This image fades to where he is right now, sitting in the corner wearing slightly more regular clothes by comparison, the moon and the stars casting their light, his head lowered and his eyes closed as his song comes to an end. Though his memories are beautiful, he is a lonely samurai...

After a second, Samurai opens his eyes again and sees his friends. With a gentle smile, he bows, ending his performance. "Thank you."

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly as he let Samurai's words sink in. "My desire to protect, huh?" He whispered softly, wondering if that was made him do that spin dash. At the moment, he wasn't entirely sure. Maybe it was due to wanting to protect what was important to him. He saw the others as friends, but he wasn't sure on the mutual feeling. Perhaps there'd be a time to talk about things. For the moment, he was pulled out of his stupor as he nodded at the offer of training. "Okay. I'd be down to learn that some time. Maybe other kinds of normal spells that a unicorn can use. I can use some standard spells, but they aren't up to par with what I've been trying to learn recently." He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I'm glad to know that my analogy of a magical adrenaline rush was not too far off." He smiled, becoming fascinated with the description of each instrument that was mentioned. "Those kinds of instruments are pretty interesting. They seem to be like the other kinds of instruments you'd see at a concert of performance, but they still feel different." He explains, watching as one of the kuroko brings a case for the asian pony. Upon opening said case, Dynamo was surprised to see the sight of what seemed to be a guitar or banjo, but modeled differently. "So, that's what a shamisen looks lie. It looks pretty cool, but is it the same as a banjo? As in, does it have the same amount of strings. I do see the pick is very different." He says, chuckling at Samurai mentioning of not being a music teacher. 

"Oh? You had a song in mind already? What was it? If you don't mind me asking, that is." He says, wondering what Samurai had in mind to play. Hearing that it was a mix of western and Japonies music, Dynamo grinned as he was interesting in the song that was soon to be played. Hearing the name of the song, the gaming unicorn blinked as he had never heard of the name before. As the song began to play, he noticed that some of the kuroko had joined in with their own musical instruments. As the song began to play, Dynamo felt himself become mesmerized by the tune, before hearing Samurai sing. To him, it was as if the gaming unicorn was at a sort of calm peace. The light breeze, the blanket of stars overshadowing everyone, as well as the bright moon casting it's protective glow upon the town and it's citizens. All in all, it felt comforting. Dynamo glanced towards Bluebell as a thought had crossed his mind. "Hey, Bell? D-Did you want to perhaps...h-have this dance with me?" He asks, blushing as he gave the bespectacled mare a bow. He was hoping they could still talk, but the flow and feelings from the song felt fitting towards the dance. He didn't mind if she wanted to dance and instead listen to the song together. He thought this could help make up for them not being able to go on the date.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection

Pencil heard Dynamo, Tree Song, Nopony, and Chelsea discuss the best way to retrieve information out of Shadow, who was apparently a follower of Nightmare Moon. She shuddered upon hearing that, remembering how she interacted with her in the game world, thinking she was a normal pony. As the group discussed whether it would be best to use a video game tool or Chelsea’s magic, Pencil got a bit nervous as she sensed that an argument might break out. Before anything could go wrong, she offered her own thoughts.

“I think both ideas could work. You could start out with Chelsea’s magic, then use Dynamo’s game magic to get the deeper information,” she told them.

After a break in the discussion, Samurai began tuning his instrument for a song. Pencil turned her attention towards the unicorn as he began to strum a few notes. When he began to play a song in its entirety, Pencil started to sway back and forth, feeling very relaxed. She tapped one of her forehooves to the beat as it carried on. She didn’t understand the lyrics, but she found the song quite enjoyable regardless.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @PawelS @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine

Thundy and Chelsea sat and listened as Samurai started to play the instrument. Chelsea began to draw some art with her water abilities related to Japonese culture, while Thundy just sat in full lotus with his eyes closed, meditating. Once the song finished, he opened his eyes. "No...thank you." He said to Samurai. 

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS

Samurai bows for those who appreciated the song. "Thank you. And Dynamo, the song I was thinking of singing is a song called 'Life is Beautiful', by Daichi Miura." Samurai explains, hoping Dynamo would understand where it's from. But he lets Dynamo and Bluebell have their moment.

However, Chelsea started drawing something during his song. Samurai goes over, curious. "May I see?"

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil peered over Chelsea’s shoulder as she drew what looked to be an assortment of Japonese buildings. There was a pony near them performing something she couldn’t quite remember the name for. There was so much detail in the buildings that it seemed like Chelsea had seen this place before.

“Have you and Thundy really been to Japonies before?” she asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection

We enjoy the beautiful music and art presented by other members of the group. I decide that I can show my talent as well.

"I can sing something too, if you like..."

On 2021-03-13 at 7:32 AM, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai turns to Nopony and Tree Song. "Forgive me for intruding, Tree-chan, Namonai-san ("Mr. Nobody" or more literally "Mr. Nameless"). However, do you think we should know your address? More importantly, I want to make sure we all have a way of finding each other. Things may happen in the days that come, and we may end up splitting ways to do other things. If that happens, it might become important for us all to reconnect, if something major should happen. What do you think?" Samurai asks.

"We're staying at the inn for now, the same place where Bluebell is staying. But most of the time we're somewhere in the town, so finding us can be difficult."

"I had a bell that can be used for this purpose, but there is only one, and I already gave it to Sundae. The real Sundae, of course" Nopony said and asked the entire group: "Do any of you have an idea how we can communicate with each other? A simple signal meaning we should all meet at a predetermined place will do."

On 2021-03-13 at 3:10 PM, Pencil Pouch said:

“I think both ideas could work. You could start out with Chelsea’s magic, then use Dynamo’s game magic to get the deeper information,” she told them.

"That's my thoughts too. If we keep both options on the table, we have a better chance to succeed."

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

Pencil was glad Tree Song agreed with her. Keeping everyone’s options seemed like the best idea. She listened as Nopony and Tree Song spoke to the others, both about Nightmare Moon and various other things. At Tree Song’s mention of singing, Pencil nodded in approval. Her name literally had “song” in it, so she had no doubt that her voice would be beautiful.

When Tree Song had asked how everyone could keep in touch, Pencil exclaimed,

“Oh, oh, I know how you can do that!”

She took out her commission contact journal and held it up for everyone to see. When she felt they all had a good long look, she focused intently on the journal as light pink magic began to pulsate around it. Slowly, the journal began to separate itself into multiple copies. Each journal was a perfect replica, minus the writing from the original one. She levitated a journal to everyone then began to explain them.

“I use a special journal to keep in touch with all my clients. All you have to do is write the name down of the pony, griffon, etc., you’re trying to contact. Don’t worry about duplicate names, these only work for those with the journals and I’m pretty sure none of you have any names similar to my clients’,” she told the group.

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @PawelS @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

"That seems like it would take too long. I have something that could be much faster..." Thundy stated as he gathered some electricity and made special pagers appear. "The way these work is that all you do is press a number assigned to that contact. I'll be 1, Chelsea would be 2 and so forth. There are 7 of us. Each of these pagers has been programed already. So, as I said, I'm 1 and Chelsea is 2. Samurai is 3. Tree Song is 4 and Nopony is 5. Bluebelle is 6. Pencil is 7 and Silver is 8. Oh, and when you press the number, the name of the contact will appear on the screen. Press the number again and it'll call the one you selected. The recipient's pager will vibrate and beep. Oh Dynamo, you got a custom ringtone. I made it just for you." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @Ragland Tiger

Pencil did think Thundy’s idea was cool, but she couldn’t help but feel a little defeated that one of the very few ideas she had didn’t work. She supposed at this point she couldn’t compete with highly-trained magic experts when all she could do was make a few drawings. She tried to suppress the negative feelings that were creeping up, but found it difficult to do. She appeared somewhat normal on the outside but she felt weighed down on the inside.

Still wanting to be supportive regardless of what she felt, she said to Thundy,

“That’s neat how we all get different numbers,”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea could sense the negative feelings creeping up on Pencil, and gently rested a talon on her back, looking in to her eyes, assuring that everything would be okay and her journals would be put to use some way somehow. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil appreciated Chelsea’s affections. Her negative feelings were still there, but they were slightly dissipated. If anything now, she felt a bit guilty for feeling this way. She wished she could make them go away and forget they ever happened, but she knew it didn’t work that way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Samurai looks at the drawing Chelsea drew. "Ooh... This does look quite similar to my homeland." But more than that, he is surprised to learn about Japan. "I see, so a version of my homeland exists even in this human world... Naruhodo, naruhodo." Samurai nods a few times.

Tree and Nopony's words are not lost on Samurai. "Sou ka... Well, at least locating you won't be hard. I think I know which Inn you are talking about too."

However, it isn't long before two magical displays unfold before them. And before anyone could change their mind, Samurai grabs both a journal and a pager. "Hmm..." He examines both carefully. "Honestly, I think I'll use the journal more often. No offense, Thundy-san. I like technology occasionally, but I'm a traditionalist, and this journal is more my speed. Besides, there is something I can do with this that I can't do with this pager device. Behold!" With the help of a kuroko, Samurai pulls out a calligraphy brush. "Dear Pencil-chan..."

Samurai begins writing, then follows it up with a drawing of Pencil herself! It's a rough drawing. Most of the lines are unnecessarily thick and scratchy, due to the bristles of the brush. The style is more of an asian drawing than a traditional drawing. And Samurai decorates the sides with scratchy ink blotches. A clear sign that Samurai is use to writing Japonies symbols and such, but the simple drawing gets the point across. It is clearly an image of Pencil. "Given time, I could make a better image than this, I just wanted to make something quickly."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @PawelS @GeneralDirection

"I see...well whatever suits you...still...you can keep the pager. Who knows...you might just need it..." Thundy said looking at the drawing that Samurai made for Pencil in the journal. "I may just end up using the journal as more of a sketchpad..." Thundy added. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @PawelS

Pencil was glad that somepony was able to get some use out of the journals. Samurai had kindly drawn her a picture of herself in a very beautiful Japonies style. Pencil gave him a soft smile and a little clap as a thank you. She levitated her journal where the drawing reappeared over to herself to get a closer look at it. There were lots of sketch marks, which Pencil always found strangely fascinating. Sketch marks were supposed to be messy, but at the same time, they were aesthetic. When she was done looking, she folded the journal up and set it aside.

She didn’t currently know how she felt about the journals being used as sketchbooks, but she knew that she couldn’t keep even herself from sketching in the margins of things from time-to-time. Now that she thought about it, the sketch transference would be a neat way to communicate without using words. It would be more secretive that way. Maybe the journals had a bit of purpose after all.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo, upon hearing Pencil's remark, nodded in agreement. "I still think Chelsea is a better fit for the plan. I don't have any issues for my game magic to be as a backup idea, or a sort of last resort. Even so, it's still good to be prepared for certain situations. I guess we'll see when the time comes." He responded, ready to dance with Bluebell when she was ready. If not, then he didn't mind listening to the song together with the bespectacled mare. Once the song came to an end, Dynamo smiled as he gave a small applause. "You're welcome and thank you for the song, Sam. It was a really nice song, in my opinion." He says, tilting his head in confusion upon the mention of the other song. "I'm not really sure I follow as I don't recall the name or composer. However, the song does sound fitting with everything we've gone through today." He says, looking over as everyone was talking about a drawing Chelsea was making. "If it's okay, then can I see the drawing too?" He asks, hoping he wasn't intruding, while also hoping that he wasn't too late.

Upon hearing Tree Song's remark on the hotel, as well as the mention of Bluebell. Dynamo turned towards the druid duo. "Can you happen to show, or tell me where I can find the hotel that you are all staying at? I was hoping to learn where the place was as we were all looking for the hotel earlier, before everything happened. That, and I was just wondering because I promised to meet up with Bluebell." He says, wanting to figure out if he should pick her up, or if they should meet up somewhere. "Hmm...I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I would have said the arcade, but it feels a bit too obvious." He would say, placing a hoof upon his chin. "I do like the idea of everyone keeping in touch. That way, we'll be able to tell who is who instead of worrying if Sundae had impersonated one of us." He says, remembering Nopony's earlier words of warning. He blinked as he heard that Pencil had a good idea in mind. Looking over towards her journal, he watched as said journal was enveloped in a pink aura of magic. Soon, the journal began to separate, while each copy was levitated towards everyone. Dynamo held his own copy as he listened to Pencil's explanation. 

He smiled as he liked the idea of a journal that can help contact one another. The smile soon faded as he blinked in surprise at Thundy, who had summoned a peculiar device. From the way the male griffon described, it looked like what Pencil had done with the journals. However, it seemed that it was much different, or seemed advanced, in a way. "So, do we use the journals, this device, or both?" He wondered, looking at the device and seeing that he didn't have a contact programmed. He frowned, but tried to push his feelings down so as to not let it bother him. He thought he had heard Thundy mention something about a ringtone, but the words passed right over him. As he heard Pencil's response, he looked over as he thought she had looked upset. Was it because of the devices that Thundy had created? He wasn't sure, but he could understand as he wasn't a big fan of the devices himself. He was glad to see that Chelsea was trying to be there for the purple unicorn. "Hey, Pencil?" He asks, trying to get her attention. "If you'd like, then I wouldn't mind using the journal. To be honest, it reminds me of a spell someone once showed me." He says, honesty being present in his response. He didn't say that out of pity or anything else like that, but because he thought Pencil's idea was a good idea.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Samurai mention about the drawing. He frowned slightly as he wished he could have seen the drawing, but curious drew towards him as he learned about Japan. "So, it seems that there are other places that take after our world, or I guess vice versa? Is there a place out there that's like Fillydelphia?" He asks, wondering if there were differences from their towns to the towns that Thundy had described. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil glanced curiously over at Dynamo.

“What kind of spell does this remind you of, exactly?” she asked, referring to the journals.

She trotted over towards the blue unicorn to see if he would demonstrate for her, or at least explain. She was also a bit glad that he wanted to use the journal, even if device preferences got in the way later. She stood patiently to see if he was either going to prepare a spell or prepare a story. Either way, she was interested in learning about a new spell.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard Pencil’s question, before turning around to face the mare. “Oh, it’s a spell I had heard about from someone I met when I was at conventions. I’m not able to do the same spell as they did. I’m sorry about that.” He says, giving an apologetic look to Pencil. “However,” he started back up. “I can at least try and explain it. You see, it was the same concept as the journal, but it was different. Okay, to be fair. I’m not entirely sure if the spell I saw and you’re spell were the same thing. From what they told me, they said that they took a completely filled out journal. When using their spell and magic, the pages were torn out of the journal, before being placed in other journals. I’m not sure how the journals formed, but the covers all looked the same. It had all the information in regards to certain lessons and things that happened in history.” He explained, while rubbing the back of his neck with his front left hoof. All the while, hoping what he said had helped Pencil.

• Brohoof 2