Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

"So you're the one who fought bravely to save the town. Some of our friends are here, so we'd like to join them. If you don't mind, of course. I'm the druid known as Nopony. Sorry for not telling you my true name, I have good reasons for that. And this is my apprentice Tree Song."

"Hello, Mr. Samurai" Tree Song says politely. She has seen the battle, so she knows his name.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@PawelS, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

"I see. Well if you're friends with my friends, then that makes all of us friends. I'm Samurai Equine, and welcome to my home." Samurai feels the need to introduce himself anyways before letting them come in.

"If you like, you may join us. We were sharing stories, having drinks, and... Uhh... We were in the middle of a group hug, if that interests you. Heh." Samurai says, rubbing the back of his head. He's not sure if that's an awkward thing to admit out loud, or if that invitation is awkward for any of his friends.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Chelsea sniffles and let out a few quiet sobs looking up at Tree and Nopony, hoping they would join the cuddle as well. Having all her friends around her made Chelsea feel strong, but she was still broken inside with the loss of her parents. She hoped they would all join the cuddle.

@C. Thunder Dash

Silver looks up and sees the group hug that’s formed around Chelsea. It would seem that she’s had a rather troubled past, Silver didn’t catch exactly what had been said, but whatever it was clearly bothered her a great deal. The kirin wasn’t exactly the type to give hugs to those he didn’t know well, that was more Charlotte’s speed. But this time he decided to make an exception and joined the others in the group hug.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash
Dynamo smiled as everyone had joined up in the group hug. His ears perked as he heard a knock on the door. He wasn’t able to turn around all that well as he was in Chelsea’s bone crushing hug. However, he heard the familiar voices of Tree Song and Nopony. He was glad to see that more of the group of friends had gotten through the attack. “It’s just like everyone else has been saying Chelsea. Everything will be okay and we’re all here for you, no matter what. So, it’s okay to to let go and let it all out. We’re not going anywhere.” He says, tightening the hug to further add to his words of reassurance.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @Ragland Tiger

"Thank you everyone...you mean so much to me..." Chelsea said still sniffling. 

"Well, here goes. Years ago, after the ousting of the old griffon king, explorers and researchers started to enter the kingdom slowly. It turns out...that one of them...would be my father. He...actually settled in the kingdom after a day or two. He fell in love with a female griffon and soon, I was born." Chelsea stated but paused a little, as the hardest part of the story was coming. She let out another sniffle. Meanwhile in Equestria...Celestia's most trusted general, Iron Hide, was spreading lies about us, just as some of the griffons, including my parents and myself were preparing an unarmed ship to sail to Equestria. We wanted to extend our peace with Celestia since the old Griffon King was no more. But..." Chelsea was trying to hold on. The tears could be seen welling up in her eyes once more. "...that coward of a general lied to everyone saying we were planning to invade...and our unarmed ship was sunk...I...I was the only survivor..." Chelsea said on the borderline of breaking down, hugging whoever was close to her. 

@C. Thunder Dash @PawelS @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

Pencil listened as Chelsea told her story. She had known quite a bit of it from their time underwater, but it seemed a few extra details were added this time. Still, in spite of that, it was devastating to hear that someone would be so cruel as to sink an unarmed ship. It was also hard to hear that Chelsea was the only survivor. She had truly lost everything and the loss was rather quick, too.

Pencil nuzzled in closer, ignoring her introvert boundaries for a while to support a friend. She hated that Chelsea had to live with this, but she was glad that she was feeling strong enough to share the burden with her friends. Pencil truly admired that.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

“You’re welcome, Chelsea. That’s what’s friends are for.” Dynamo nodded as he began listening to the female griffon’s past. As she spoke, there were things that he had remembered she and Thundy had mentioned. However, it seemed that more was added towards the story. It still didn’t take away just how heartbreaking it truly was. Now he could understand why Iron Hide caused Chelsea so much grief. Hearing that she was the only survivor was disheartening. He could feel tears well up in his eyes with each sob he heard from the female griffon. Now he could understand why Chelsea had looked upset at times. It wasn’t the same, but he could understand Chelsea’s pain. 

Dynamo noticed that Pencil had moved in closer to nuzzle Chelsea. He pulled the female griffon closer as he felt some of his tears begin to fall. “I-I’m so sorry Chelsea. I know you and Thundy t-told me a bit earlier, b-but I didn’t know. Y-You didn’t deserve to go through that.” He says, trying to provide care and support for the distraught griffon

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @PawelS, @GeneralDirection, @C. Thunder Dash

Samurai rejoins the group hug, glad that everyone is at least willing to enjoy it and give it a try. In some ways, this feels like the group hug that everyone gave him before Samurai left Friendshire for a few days.

However, Chelsea's revelation causes Samurai's eyes to open wide. He feels like he is standing beside himself. "Iiya... Masaka...." Since he joined the group hug last, Samurai is able to back away from the group hug. He hangs his head. Shadows cover his eyes, and a trace of fire flickers over his horn for just a second. "Excuse me for a second..." Samurai makes some distance from the group. He levitates his sheathed sword over to himself and turns his back to the group. "!! Naze?! NAZE DA?! Kono yarou... YURUSANAI!!!!" With an angry glare on his face, Samurai draws his sword and swings it violently at the open air many times, as if wanting to strike something down. Thank goodness he put some distance between everyone, and turned his back on them. No one will get hurt this way. After he finishes swinging his sword, getting it out of his system, he puts his sword away and sadly faces his friends again.

"Gomen nasai, Chelsea-chan... But I refuse to accept that! That's NOT the will of the sun! Princess Celestia would NEVER want any of her loyal warriors to act that way! She's much too kind; I've seen it myself. If I had been there, I just KNOW I could have stopped Iron Hide! I could have brought him before Celestia to answer for his actions!! If I had just been there...." Samurai explains with his hooves up, as if he wants to knock some sense into Iron Hide. But after a second, he puts his sword back in its sheath, levitates it back over to his armor, kneels down, and bows apologetically. "However, I am also soldier, less than a general. I value Celestia's orders above anyone else's, but I am still suppose to take orders from my superiors. And if you wish to hate me as well for being a loyal soldier to Celestia, to the Equestrian Kingdom, then I will accept your feelings..." Samurai lowers his head until his forehead is touching the floor. A rare sight for a samurai to be bowing like this before a civilian. He is lowering himself out of respect and remorse.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Thundy looked up and saw the display that Samurai had done. He had truly felt the sorrows of Chelsea. "Empathy, perhaps the greatest trait that even the strongest of warriors should possess..." Thundy stated. "It is indeed a great tragedy, but look at all of us here, Chelsea, we are all here for you. Just as Bluebelle said, you were strong for her, now everyone is being strong for you." Thundy stated. Chelsea hugged Dynamo, sniffling and still sobbing. Chelsea looked up to see Samurai bowing. She sniffled. "It's okay S-Samurai, you're a friend of mine. I would never hate you...or Celestia...in fact, the story's not over yet..." Chelsea said sniffling again. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo's ears perked slightly, before his eyes glanced over towards Samurai. Given his time in watching anime, he knew exactly what the asian pony had been saying. He stared confusingly as Samurai went towards his blade and drew it from its sheath. His eyes quickly shrank as Samurai had swung his blade violently in the air. The gaming unicorn recoiled as if he was being both attacked and hit. Thankfully, Samurai was far away when this was happening. Even so, seeing this side scared Dynamo slightly. This was probably the first time he ever saw Samurai look so furious, but he couldn't blame him. Dynamo, himself, felt angry and upset for Chelsea. "I know what you mean, Sam." He started, catching his breath from the fear that was instilled in his heart. "If we were all able to be there, then we'd do everything we could in order to get Iron Hide to not do what he had done. I've never met Princess Celestia, but I've always heard that she's a truly kind and caring pony." He says, sighing in relief as Samurai's blade was placed back with his armor.

Dynamo gasped softly as he saw Samurai had kneeled down and bowed before the others. "Samurai..." He whispered softly, understanding that Samurai was bowing out of respect and remorse for Chelsea. He knew that it wasn't Samurai's fault, but he didn't say anything. Not only to not speak out of line, but also because of what Samurai said of being a solder. For Dynamo, he knew he couldn't hate Samurai, but he hoped that the others felt the same as the gaming unicorn. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS

"I...ended up drowning because I couldn't swim. But...seaponies found me and took me to their leader. The Queen of the Seaponies saw just how pure my heart was, and unlocked my hidden abilities. She said I was pure like spring water. After regaining my strength, I swam to a beach where I made it home for awhile. I ended up discovering that a few of my locks of hair had become blue. I had a feeling it was the Queen of the Seaponies who did it, and from that day forth, I vowed to remain pure and not engage in any combat. The first day that I discovered my abilities was when I went to relax in the water for some time. When I entered the water, it felt as if it was crawling up my legs, restoring my energy. Years went by and I continue to master my abilities...but back at the griffon kingdom, mourning was still going on. I decided to make my way back to the griffon kingdom, only to find out that my mom and dad were among the lost..." Chelsea said with sniffe, taking a large gulp to try and not start sobbing again. 

"It also turns out that Iron Hide was planning his "final attack", but little did he know karma was going to hit him hard. On the day of the supposed final attack, us griffons just stood at the front, waiting for him to arrive. We weren't going to fight. I stood at the very front, waiting for that moment. As Iron hide as his troops charged at us, I gathered a load of water energy and made a massive wall of water. But, it wasn't just a wall, it was a wall that had the sign of peace, which is all we wanted. We didn't want to fight. Griffons may look gruff on the outside, but we could be some of the most caring creatures. At that moment Iron Hide's troops saw the sign, their eyes were opened and they all dropped their weapons and bowed. It was that day I got my cutie mark." Chelsea said showing her cutie mark: a blue ying-yang sign surrounded by tidal waves. "Iron Hide was immediately banished to the depths of Tartarus and every single princess extended their hoof in friendship towards the griffons. Ponies from all over Equestria ended up coming to visit us and some of the griffons, like myself ended up settling in Equestria." Chelsea explained. 

"And that's Chelsea's story." Thundy stated stroking Chelsea's mane lovingly. Chelsea purred lovingly, leaning into the strokes and nuzzling Dynamo.  

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @PawelS

Pencil’s heart dropped when she heard that Chelsea had almost drowned. She could only imagine how scary a feeling that must have been. She was thankful that the seapony Queen found her and was able to rescue her in time. As Chelsea continued her origin story, Pencil could only listen in fascination at how the battle against Iron Hide was handled. The griffons, rather than fight back out of revenge, they proved that they were anything but like the rumors that were spread about them. Learning about such an honest and peaceful culture warmed Pencil’s heart.

When Chelsea finished, Pencil squirmed a little, but stayed in the group hug in order to not look rude. She figured wanting to get a little air wouldn’t be too bad. Once she had her little moment, she spoke to the griffon.

“Thanks for letting us know more about you,” she said. “Now the ‘purity’ thing makes sense to me. I always thought that was some sort of ‘sin counter’ or something. Now that you’ve said it’s more of a pacifism thing, it makes a lot more sense. I, um, I’m also really sorry about w-what happened...but I’m proud of you for protecting everyone when they needed it again,”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

As Chelsea had continued on her origins, Dynamo was surprised as it seemed there was more to the female griffon. He felt his heart stop as he heard that Chelsea had drowned in the attack. He loved swimming, but the possibility of that happening was such a scary thought. One that he would never wish upon anyone. He let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding, while being thankful that the seaponies had saved her. He had to admit that he was confused at first on the mention of the seaponies. However, he seemed to have recalled a time that the name of those creatures were mentioned. Something about Princess Twilight, her friends and other creatures they had met to stand up against the Storm King. He was not there when it had happened, but he remembered hearing about it from the news. As she mentioned of making it home to the Griffon Kingdom, Dynamo frowned as Iron Hide was brought up again. It seemed like that stallion would stop at nothing, until he succeeded. Upon hearing how Chelsea had handled the situation, Dynamo smiled as she was able to help change the minds of others about the griffons. To Dynamo, he had never met another griffon before, until meeting Thundy and Chelsea. So, he couldn't truly say what griffons were truly like. He did, however, see that both griffons before him were kind and caring. Not like what Iron Hide had called them out to be.

"I'm glad that you were able to stand up to Iron Hide and prove them wrong, Chelsea. Even the fact of gaining your cutie mark is pretty awesome." He would say, learning that Iron Hide was banished to Tararus for his actions. The gaming unicorn was glad to know that a pony like him would never be able to harm others anymore. "It's also nice knowing that every Princess extended their hooves in friendship towards the Griffon Kingdom. Hopefully, that means that friendship between others can be put on the right track." He says, before nodding at what Pencil had brought up. "Now that you mention it, that does make a lot of sense. Especially how she was able to save Finn when he was in trouble of being corrupted by the spirits. Granted, Kronos's spirit was misunderstood and everything, but even so. Now, I see why her water abilities are like a source of healing and purification." He says, nodding once more as he looked towards the female griffon. "Thank you for telling us. I can imagine it must have been painful and difficult to bring up. Even so, I'm glad that you told us. I'm still really sorry all of that happened, but I'm glad you were able to stop Iron Hide." He says, giving the female griffon another hug.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad

"Meanwhile Thundy here has a completely different story." Chelsea. "Yea, mine is actually much more bizarre than Chelsea. You see, I actually wasn't born as a griffon. I was born as what is called a human." Thundy said gathering some electricity and making a picture of a little human boy appear for everyone to see. The little boy was wearing summer clothes. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

As the conversation switched from one griffon to another, Dynamo looked over as he listened to Thundy's tale. "Oh, yeah. I think I remember when you told me that the first time we trained together. That, or I think it was during the time I went dune hopping with you and Iron Shoal." He says, watching as Thundy used electricity to make a picture of a creature he had never seen before. "So, I'm guessing this picture is what you mentioned before as a human?" He asks, wondering where he had heard that before.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @PawelS @Samurai Equine

"Yes, this is a little human boy." Thundy stated. "Humans possess no magic whatsoever. However, there are some humans who have learned to tap into ki energy, but it is nowhere close to the effect that it has in dragball z or dragonball super." Thundy stated. 

"Plus, Thundy told me that there is no weather factory, that the weather controls itself by what are called fronts." Chelsea added. "That's right Chelsea, Earth, my original home planet is way different than this planet that Equestria is in." Thundy stated as he made the picture of the human boy disappear with a poof. 

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS

"I...ended up drowning because I couldn't swim. But...seaponies found me and took me to their leader. The Queen of the Seaponies saw just how pure my heart was, and unlocked my hidden abilities. She said I was pure like spring water. After regaining my strength, I swam to a beach where I made it home for awhile. I ended up discovering that a few of my locks of hair had become blue. I had a feeling it was the Queen of the Seaponies who did it, and from that day forth, I vowed to remain pure and not engage in any combat. The first day that I discovered my abilities was when I went to relax in the water for some time. When I entered the water, it felt as if it was crawling up my legs, restoring my energy. Years went by and I continue to master my abilities...but back at the griffon kingdom, mourning was still going on. I decided to make my way back to the griffon kingdom, only to find out that my mom and dad were among the lost..." Chelsea said with sniffe, taking a large gulp to try and not start sobbing again. 

"It also turns out that Iron Hide was planning his "final attack", but little did he know karma was going to hit him hard. On the day of the supposed final attack, us griffons just stood at the front, waiting for him to arrive. We weren't going to fight. I stood at the very front, waiting for that moment. As Iron hide as his troops charged at us, I gathered a load of water energy and made a massive wall of water. But, it wasn't just a wall, it was a wall that had the sign of peace, which is all we wanted. We didn't want to fight. Griffons may look gruff on the outside, but we could be some of the most caring creatures. At that moment Iron Hide's troops saw the sign, their eyes were opened and they all dropped their weapons and bowed. It was that day I got my cutie mark." Chelsea said showing her cutie mark: a blue ying-yang sign surrounded by tidal waves. "Iron Hide was immediately banished to the depths of Tartarus and every single princess extended their hoof in friendship towards the griffons. Ponies from all over Equestria ended up coming to visit us and some of the griffons, like myself ended up settling in Equestria." Chelsea explained. 

"And that's Chelsea's story." Thundy stated stroking Chelsea's mane lovingly. Chelsea purred lovingly, leaning into the strokes and nuzzling Dynamo.  

@C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection@Samurai Equine @PawelS

"Chelsea," said Bluebell, "I-I guess I'm l-lucky that-that I was ab-able to reconnect with my p-p-parents after loosing tr-track of them, but I'm-I'm certain that if-if-if your parents were h-h-here right now, th-they would be so p-p-proud of you."

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @PawelS @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

"It sounds pretty surprising to know that humans don't have magic like us. I know magic in unicorns makes sense, but I know that pegasi have magic for the weather and earth ponies have magic to the lands." Dynamo explained, intrigued how some humans can use ki energy. "I'd be surprised if that were possible, but then I guess it would be a bit worrying of someone launched an energy wave at random." He would say, his jaw dropping slightly in surprise at how weather worked for humans. "So, there's no way to decide what the weather would be? It's just random for humans? I've heard that Clousdale creates and controls the weather, while some towns use magic to help in terms of weather." He says, nodding in agreement with how different this Earth was different to Equestria. Upon hearing Bluebell's remark, Dynamo turned towards the bespectacled mare with a raised eyebrow in confusion. "You were able to reconnect with your parents, Bluebell? I hope you don't mind me asking and I hope this isn't a bad question, but what do you mean? Did you and your parents become separated, or did something happen to which you lost contact with them?" He asks, while nodding in agreement that Chelsea's parents would have been proud of the female griffon.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger@GeneralDirection, @C. Thunder Dash

"What a relief... I am glad somepony like Iron Hide was punished for his actions" Samurai is able to sigh with relief. He also nods at Thundy's story. "I remember you mentioning something about being a human when we first met."

But something Dynamo said is rather intriguing. "...Who's Finn?" Samurai asks.

@PawelS

Samurai also turns to Nopony and Tree Song. "Would you mind telling me more about yourselves? I take it you came to Friendshire while I was away."

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @PawelS @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo's eyes suddenly shrank as he heard Samurai's question. He could feel a bead of sweat forming, before trickling down the side of his face. How was he supposed to answer this kind of question. He knew it was wrong to lie, but would Samurai believe him and the others. Even if he did tell, then what would happen to Final. Would that cause any sort of trouble to the timeline? These kinds of questions ran through his mind, before he took a deep breath and sighed. "It's kind of difficult to explain. I feel like if I told you, then you wouldn't believe me." He would say, looking around at the others in hopes that they could back him up.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @PawelS @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad

Bluebelle's comment made Chelsea sniffle and tear up. She extended her arms towards Bluebelle for a hug. 

"Well, we have special people designated to tell what the weather would be on a weekly basis. They keep track of the fronts and let us know if it would be sunny, cloudy or rainy." Thundy stated, before hearing Samurai asking Dynamo about who Finn was. "Finn is a little colt we met while at breakfast...as Dynamo said, I feel it would be safe if we didn't tell you everything..." Thundy added.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash

"A little colt, huh? Well, I hope I get to meet him some day." Samurai says. Odd this his friends would suddenly be so secretive, but he decides to let it go. "Speaking of, I can't help but feel like we're all forgetting about someone..."

Samurai takes a moment to think about it. He can't help but feel like his group of friends has shrunk since the last time he saw them all, but he can't quite put his hoof on it.

• Brohoof 2