Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine

Pastel smiled happily and giggled before quickly relocating to Samurai's back. That was easy.

"Sorry, Silver, but I'm totally a trophy wife for sweets!"

now where did she learn that term?

@Astral Vision

Pastel shook her head as they suddenly appeared in the new place, like, zoom. 

She listened to the conversation even though she wasn't addressed. It sounded pretty serious. How exciting! She was visibly amped up, feeling like she was totally gonna get to be a heroine. Her expression changed when Astral decided to put himself in harms way, though. She had to object, she felt.

"Wait wait wait! That's all brave and honorable and all but why can't we just find the source of this curse and beat it up!? Astral shouldn't have to put himself in danger for a toilet paper salesman! Besides, if anypony should be in danger it's me! After all, I'm tough as a rusty nail!"

• Brohoof 3

@Astral Vision, @Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection

Samurai was more than happy to welcome Pastel on his back, and was happy that Silver was going to join them after all.

However, once they are at the clothing store, Samurai helps put Trilby down on said couch. Furthermore, Astral's words have him worried a little as well. "Do I need to set up some purification rituals? I have kurokos for that kind of thing. It can be very helpful in dispelling negative influences." Samurai says. He wants to be impressed with all the things Astral is doing, but saving a life comes first.

Meanwhile, Trilby is stirring in his sleep. He is about to open his eyes...

• Brohoof 2

@Astral Vision @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

Silver opened his mouth to say something but decided against it. He’d have better luck trying to get a zebra to change its stripes than to reason with this filly. He was honestly surprised that she had stayed up there that long, anyway.

He would soon have a different issue at hoof, as suddenly they were all teleported by Astral to Trilby’s shop. Well, that was something. He thought to himself. So that’s what teleportation feels like. He blinked a few more times as Astral set Trilby down and started getting out some supplies from his bag. Despite still being somewhat disoriented, Silver was still able to notice that Astral had called him Silver Stream. However, since they had just met, and clearly the unicorn had a lot going on, he chose to not take issue with it.

Silver listened to Astral’s plan, and clearly, this was a pony who knew what they were doing. The kirin was somewhat concerned when Astral said he’d put himself in harms way if it came down to it, but comments from Pastel made him shift his attention temporarily. Toilet paper salespony? What was she on about? Silver was obviously missing something here, but that didn’t matter right now. He noticed Trilby stirring in the background, and figured the fewer delays they had, the sooner Astral and Samurai could try to help him.

“Pastel,” he responded calmly, “that’s nice of you to offer, but I think Astral clearly knows what he’s talking about here and this is what he’s deemed as the best course of action. All I know is that I have absolutely no clue about what’s going on here, and I think it's highly unlikely that you do, either. I think we’re better off trying to not interfere here to give them the best chance to help Trilby.”  

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Chelsea was born in the old griffon kingdom after the overthrow of the old griffon king, who wanted to conquer Equestria and rule as king. He was overthrown just as explorer ponies went in search of lands beyond Equestria. A pegasus explorer discovered the griffon kingdom and was immediately welcomed. He fell in love with a female griffon and that's where Chelsea comes in. She's a hybrid. She got the pony from her father and the griffon from her mother. That's why she was able to get a cutie mark. Unfortunately, back in Equestria, because of the old griffon king's reign, word was spread that the griffons were savages, planning an attack. General Iron Hoof, Celestia's top general at the time was the leader of this lie. The griffons had planned to take an unarmed ship to Equestria to meet with Celestia to extend their peace with the ponies. However, as the unarmed ship with Chelsea, her parents and other Griffon Ambassadors headed for Equestria, Iron Hoof being the evil coward he was, ambushed the ship. Every single griffon including Chelsea's father and mother...died. Chelsea was the only survivor. She ended up drowning due to exhaustion but seaponies in the depths of the ocean found and took Chelsea to their ruler. The ruler of the seaponies saw the pureness in Chelsea's heart and unlocked the abilities within Chelsea, granting Chelsea the ability to wield water and use it for good. To make a long story short, Chelsea earned her cutie mark by showing a peace sign to General Iron Hoof and his army when they were coming in for the "final invasion". The army's eyes were opened to the truth, and Iron Hoof was banished to one of the deepest parts of Tartarus for good." Thundy explained. 

"I met Chelsea as she was walking through Ponyville. She was quite the flirtatious one. Should've seen her, she was like all cuddly and huggy hug...who knows, maybe you just might see it." Thundy added. 

@C. Thunder Dash
As he listened to Thundy’s tale on Chelsea, Dynamo was flabbergasted. He wanted to guess that she had gone through something difficult. Given how she acted when they had met and even the events of this morning. However, he didn’t expect it to be as worse than that. “Dear, sweet Celestia. I-I’m really sorry. I didn’t know. I’ve heard about some things of the griffon kingdom when I was in school. My school tried to teach things based on all of the pony races, but they wanted us to learn about different creatures and their cultures, as well. So, I recall some bits and pieces of the old griffon history, but it seems it was more than that.”

The blue unicorn felt furious at how general Iron Hoof had acted against the griffons. He was glad that justice had been served against him, but he still felt sorry for Chelsea. “How long ago had this happened? Given how you mentioned Ponyville, then I’m guessing that’s where you and her were staying at? Was Princess Celestia able to go see Chelsea to make sure that she was okay? I was going to make my stay and home at Ponyville. However, there was a change in plans due to the mention of tournaments. In the end, there was either a typo, or I got the wrong directions. I’m still happy I’m here at Friendshire as I managed to make so many new friends here.” He responded with a nod. “With the way you mentioned Chelsea, I thought you and her were siblings when we first met. However, I guess o was wrong. I’ll take your word on that as I’m not the kind of pony to deny hugs.”

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai was more than happy to welcome Pastel on his back, and was happy that Silver was going to join them after all.

However, once they are at the clothing store, Samurai helps put Trilby down on said couch. Furthermore, Astral's words have him worried a little as well. "Do I need to set up some purification rituals? I have kurokos for that kind of thing. It can be very helpful in dispelling negative influences." Samurai says. He wants to be impressed with all the things Astral is doing, but saving a life comes first.

Meanwhile, Trilby is stirring in his sleep. He is about to open his eyes...

@Samurai Equine @Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection

Astral could tell Samurai was worried, and he had every reason to be; the blue unicorn hadn't revealed much of his background, so the group could only trust him based on his words.

"Don't worry Samurai, my amulet here is a special artifact. It acts like a magnet for dark magic, AND has the ability to purify it; in other words, my amulet converts bad magic into good magic. While its power is no match for Alicorn level curses, something tells me that Trilby's curse won't be as difficult to-"

Astral looked down to see Trilby was beginning to awaken, THIS WAS BAD! The unicorn had to think fast, so in a quick motion, he grabbed his book and darted towards Trilby.

"THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE COMPELS YOU! *Smack*" said Astral as he tried to knock Trilby out once more. This action was surprisingly comedic, and would be expected of Pastel rather than Astral, but hopefully it would be enough to ensure the group's safety.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil looked down, trying not to fall apart herself.

“That-that’s awful....I’m so sorry, I...an unarmed ship?” she murmured between breathes. Pencil couldn’t imagine why anypony would attack an innocent ship. The very thought caused her throat to form a rather large lump inside it. Pencil rubbed her neck slowly to push a few more words out. Clearing her throat, she croaked,

“Y-You said you were one of the only survivors, not the only one, right? W-was Thundy part of that ship?” 

@Dynamo Pad

"Years ago, when Chelsea was transitioning from fledgelinghood to adolescence was when this all happened. After a few years, the griffons eventually settled into the large plot of land that is now known as Griffonstone." Thundy explained. 

@ExplosionMare

"I...I was the only survivor..." Cheslea said letting a sob free. "I didn't meet Thundy until I settled in Ponyville..." Chelsea said sniffling. 

@C. Thunder Dash

“Oh...” Pencil sighed heavily. She felt even more sad now that she knew there were no other survivors. Of course, she was more than happy that Chelsea survived, but also very confused. How is that possible for only one griffin to survive?

“Does uh, does your survival have anything to do with your superpowers?” she asked plaintively.

@GeneralDirection @Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Pastel went quiet, pouting as she felt like Silver was scolding her. Hmph... She could be a heroine too, she thought. She didn't like being treated like a foal, she wanted to do something super important and dangerous too... Stupid grown ups.

Her grumpiness was immediately offset by Astral knocking out the waking Trilby.

"Nyahaha~! Nice shot!"

• Brohoof 2

On 7/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, Samurai Equine said:

"Posurmade?" The library mare asks, doing her best to imitate what Beryl said, despite the accent. "I don't know who that is. I'm just repeating what I heard..." She looks at the book with the torn pages. "If that book is ruined, we could always order a new copy. It'll take at least a week for it to arrive, though."

@CameoShadowness  @Samurai Equine

"C-could you s-s-s-see if you can f-f-find an intact copy of th-th-this book?  I have a f-feeling that it would h-h-help explain everything.  In the-the mean time I-I need to find s-Samurai and let him n-know what we m-m-m-might be in for. D-do either of-of you know wh-where he might be n-n-now?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection, @Astral Vision

Pastel's comment probably confuses Silver even more when you consider that inside Trilby's store, there's just tons of clothing and hats displayed on racks and mannequins. Each with price tags, and each looking rather high-quality. Although, there are some items on clearance.

"Uhh? I--" SMACK! Trilby gets the rudest awakening possible, and it doesn't put him out again either. "OW!! Astral, what the garbage, dude!" Trilby rubs his head. "I thought we were becoming friends! Friends don't smack each other on the head like that. You could have broken my horn or something!" Trilby says, grumpy. He even takes off his hat and examines it. "Aww... And you even scuffed my best hat! I'll have to take it back to my shop to fix it." And about the time he finishes that sentence, he realizes where he is. "Oh! Hey! I'm here! Not sure how, but that sure is convenient." Perking up with a smile, he gets up and goes behind the check out desk.

Samurai reaches out. "Trilby, wait! I'm not exactly sure that you should be up and about right now. We really have a pressing issue, and--" Samurai is interrupted when Trilby finds a filled-out order form on his desk. "Oh, hey! Someone asked for a custom order while I was out. And the name on the order is... Samurai? YOU made an order after all this time?" Trilby asks, confused. "Eh? Me? Well, yes. I know you were unhappy about ordering all that Japonies silk. I thought of something you could make with it. It's not that much, but right now we--" Samurai says, but Trilby perks up with the widest smile he's ever had. "You're actually ordering something from me! THANK YOU, Samurai!! Eeehehehehe! I can't wait! I gotta get out the patterns and start crafting right now~!" Trilby trots off, magically gathering supplies and stuff. Yep, it's true. This is where Trilby is the most happy, especially when he has a customer.

Samurai blinks in bewilderment, then turns to Astral. "Astral-san, I know you had something planned, but do you perhaps have a more discrete method? One that lets him stay awake and do his work? I'd hate to knock him out again. If it can't be help, then I'll take care of it. But I really need that order filled out by tonight." Samurai asks. He also looks at Pastel. "Besides, we have a brave heroine right here. She could help me knock him out, if it's absolutely necessary."

@Ragland Tiger, @CameoShadowness

"I'm sorry, I don't really know who he is, nor where he might be." The library mare says before doing off to see if there's any other copies of the book in stock.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare

"It does...seaponies found me and took me to their queen. The queen saw the purity in me, the yearning for peace and compassion and unlocked this secret potential...if you look closely, you can see some locks of blue in my mane..." Chelsea said still sniffling a little. 

14 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Years ago, when Chelsea was transitioning from fledgelinghood to adolescence was when this all happened. After a few years, the griffons eventually settled into the large plot of land that is now known as Griffonstone." Thundy explained. 

Dynamo was silent as he listened to Thundy's response. Even after many years had passed, it still must've gotten to Chelsea. "I remember you had told me that you had met her in Ponyville. Was that before or after she had settled to where Griffonstone was today? Also, I...I guess I can kind of relate to Chelsea." The blue unicorn took a shaky breath as he was going to mention something that made him feel uncomfortable. However, it was something he wanted to admit. "I know it's not the same with what Chelsea had gone through, but...I can understand how she feels. I lost someone who was close to me not too long ago." He says, while waiting to see if he should continue to explain or not.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection, @Astral Vision

Pastel's comment probably confuses Silver even more when you consider that inside Trilby's store, there's just tons of clothing and hats displayed on racks and mannequins. Each with price tags, and each looking rather high-quality. Although, there are some items on clearance.

"Uhh? I--" SMACK! Trilby gets the rudest awakening possible, and it doesn't put him out again either. "OW!! Astral, what the garbage, dude!" Trilby rubs his head. "I thought we were becoming friends! Friends don't smack each other on the head like that. You could have broken my horn or something!" Trilby says, grumpy. He even takes off his hat and examines it. "Aww... And you even scuffed my best hat! I'll have to take it back to my shop to fix it." And about the time he finishes that sentence, he realizes where he is. "Oh! Hey! I'm here! Not sure how, but that sure is convenient." Perking up with a smile, he gets up and goes behind the check out desk.

Samurai reaches out. "Trilby, wait! I'm not exactly sure that you should be up and about right now. We really have a pressing issue, and--" Samurai is interrupted when Trilby finds a filled-out order form on his desk. "Oh, hey! Someone asked for a custom order while I was out. And the name on the order is... Samurai? YOU made an order after all this time?" Trilby asks, confused. "Eh? Me? Well, yes. I know you were unhappy about ordering all that Japonies silk. I thought of something you could make with it. It's not that much, but right now we--" Samurai says, but Trilby perks up with the widest smile he's ever had. "You're actually ordering something from me! THANK YOU, Samurai!! Eeehehehehe! I can't wait! I gotta get out the patterns and start crafting right now~!" Trilby trots off, magically gathering supplies and stuff. Yep, it's true. This is where Trilby is the most happy, especially when he has a customer.

Samurai blinks in bewilderment, then turns to Astral. "Astral-san, I know you had something planned, but do you perhaps have a more discrete method? One that lets him stay awake and do his work? I'd hate to knock him out again. If it can't be help, then I'll take care of it. But I really need that order filled out by tonight." Samurai asks. He also looks at Pastel. "Besides, we have a brave heroine right here. She could help me knock him out, if it's absolutely necessary."

"I'm sorry, I don't really know who he is, nor where he might be." The library mare says before doing off to see if there's any other copies of the book in stock.

@Samurai Equine @Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection

Astral expected the worst to come once Trilby had woken up, but instead he only felt sadness from his prior attempt in knocking out the fashion pony; while he was happy to see Trilby back to normal, this may create a challenge for ridding him of the curse.

"I do have one other method for draining the dark magic, and this method will draw out the curse slowly one bit at a time, but I'll need to be in close proximity to Trilby in order for it to work. Luckily, I have another idea." Astral whispered to Samurai.

The blue unicorn then trotted up to the desk, greeting the now awake Trilby with an apologetic expression.

"Trilby, I am really sorry for that rude awakening before, and I hope I can do something to make up for it. While I don't have much experience in fashion design, I am roughly Samurai's size, so perhaps I could help as a model?"

If this proposition was accepted, Astral would be able to drain the curse without Trilby even knowing; and better yet, Astral would be helping Trilby in two ways at the same time.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil got a good look at Chelsea’s blue streaks in her mane. She could honestly say she never noticed those streaks before. Chelsea must want to keep them hidden.

“Wow, that’s actually really pretty! They gave you that color, huh?” Pencil complimented, trying to lift the griffon’s spirits a little.

She was thinking of what else to say to make the situation better. In reality, there wasn’t much she could do, but she couldn’t stand to see Chelsea so upset. She figured a good conversation would have to help a little bit. Ever persistent, she kept thinking of things to talk about.

“So, you said the queen saw how peaceful you were, right? Did that change how they saw the griffons? I would think if they saw someone like you, they wouldn’t think all griffons are bad,” she added.

@Dynamo Pad

"That was just a little before Griffonstone was established. Once the griffons got word that Iron Hoof was banished, they planned to leave the island then known as the Griffon Kingdom, and settle in the large plot of land that is now griffon stone. According to Chelsea, I heard that a new species called hippogriff now resides there. Some say they are related to seaponies since they can transform into seapony like creatures." Thundy explained as he pulled back into the town.  

@ExplosionMare

"They did, but since seaponies only live underwater, they really don't know what the surface is like. Someone like me would have to use a spell to enable them to breathe on land..." Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision @GeneralDirection

"Ooohh I get to beat him up!? Just gimme an excuse, bro~"

Pastel evilly shot a glare to Trilby after Samurai's comment, talking like some character in a yakuza movie. She was acting more like a villain than a heroine now.

Alas, she hung back with Samurai and Silver as Astral was trying to do... Something with him. Magic was cool too, but she wanted something epic like an exorcism.

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

The second Astral says that, it shocks Samurai to the core and starts to put him in a cold sweat.

"A life-size model?" Trilby asks, stopping in his tracks. He magically looks at the order form again. "But this commission isn't for an adult-size stallion, it's--"
"Atatatatata~! I think what Astral is TRYING to say is, how often do you have a life-size model to work with, right? Seems like a once-in-lifetime opportunity for you, doesn't it?" Samurai interrupts with a wide, nervous grin, though his eyes are practically shooting daggers.

Trilby lifts an eyebrow at first. "Well... Now that you mention it, Astral did scuff my best hat. Astral, if you'd like to come back here, I'll repair my hat on your head. Oh, and don't worry, there won't be any sewing needles or anything. Though there might be a little bit of heat." Trilby explains, going back to collecting the supplies he needs. To which, Samurai breathes a sigh of relief.

"Well, seems like you two have this all figured out. I doubt you need either of us. Maybe we'll just be on our way for now. Say, Silver! If I said I knew a place away from the average citizens, do you think you could show me your transformation into Nirik? I bet Pastel here would love to see that just as much as me." Samurai says, looking for any reason to get out of there for now.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"That was just a little before Griffonstone was established. Once the griffons got word that Iron Hoof was banished, they planned to leave the island then known as the Griffon Kingdom, and settle in the large plot of land that is now griffon stone. According to Chelsea, I heard that a new species called hippogriff now resides there. Some say they are related to seaponies since they can transform into seapony like creatures." Thundy explained as he pulled back into the town.  

@C. Thunder Dash @Pastel Heart

Dynamo had a crestfallen expression upon his face as Thundy had just changed the subject so quickly. He wanted to open up to the griffon so he could at least understand where the blue unicorn was coming from. However, he assumed that it was probably for the best. He probably either didn't hear the gamer pony, or the male griffon wanted to change the subject to move away from the doom and gloom. "O-Oh, I see. It's a good thing the griffons were able to settle in their new home. I don't think I've ever heard of a hippogriff before. I think I remember the name being brought up in a Harry Trotter book, but I haven't read that series in quite a long time." He would say, slightly raising an eyebrow at the mention of a seapony. "I never knew a hippogriff had the ability to do that. Are they able to turn into other creatures, or just seaponies? Also, what is a seapony? It's the first time I've heard of the name." He wondered as they pulled back into town.

• Brohoof 1

@CameoShadowness

On 8/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, Ragland Tiger said:

"C-could you s-s-s-see if you can f-f-find an intact copy of th-th-this book?  I have a f-feeling that it would h-h-help explain everything.  In the-the mean time I-I need to find s-Samurai and let him n-know what we m-m-m-might be in for. D-do either of-of you know wh-where he might be n-n-now?"

On 8/2/2020 at 5:29 PM, Samurai Equine said:

"I'm sorry, I don't really know who he is, nor where he might be." The library mare says before doing off to see if there's any other copies of the book in stock

@CameoShadowness

Bluebell turned to Beryl and looked at her with a kind concern.  "My n-name is Bluebell.  I want to help you.  What-what can you t-t-tell me ab-about  Posurmade?"

Edited by Ragland Tiger
typo
  • Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

Well, with Astral seemingly starting his new modeling career, now seemed as good of a time as any to make an exit. Thankfully, Samurai seemed to be thinking the same way.  Silver listened to his request before replying.

“I wouldn’t mind taking off now, and as much as I’d like to show you guys my Nirik transformation, I’m not sure it’s best thing to do. The problem is that my transformation isn’t something that I can simply turn on and off at will. It’s not like some cool party trick that you do for your friends to try and impress them. Most…other Kirin have much better control over their Nirik state than I do. I’d have to actually get angry before it’ll happen, and I’ve spent a great amount of time trying to prevent that from happening. If we were alone, as you say, that means one of you would have to get me mad at you, I guess, and that’s really not a good idea.” The Kirin stopped for a moment. Seems like this was a bit of sore spot for this one. 

“The reason for this,” He continued, “leads to my next point. The resulting fire magic is somewhat difficult for me to contain because of the amount of magic it requires to do. I wouldn’t want either of you to get hurt because of me. The only ‘good’ news in this situation is that I can’t stay in that state for very long. Magically it’s very exhausting for me. The rest time I need is rather low, but that doesn’t matter here. Once should be enough, I think. Believe me, you can’t unsee it.” He sighed. “I just don’t want to put either of you in a dangerous situation without, at the very least, explaining the risks to you. Having heard all that, if you still want me to try, then I’ll do it, if I can.” He offers.

Silver trusts Samurai’s judgement, knowing that he was very capable of defending himself, but he couldn’t help but feel somewhat concerned for Pastel’s well-being. If Samurai is still willing to do this, he not only acknowledges the risk for himself, but for their pink pony pal as well.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil nodded in understanding. She supposed there wasn’t a complete explanation to Chelsea’s powers, and that was just fine. Though she had a few more questions, Pencil decided to keep them locked up in her brain to avoid upsetting Chelsea any more. Instead, she suggested,

“We can explore someplace else if you don’t wanna go to that cave. I’m sure there’s other places we can look,”

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

"Well, because of worry that the island that the hippogriffs resided on would be attacked again, the hippogriffs made a pact with the seaponies that they would depends on each other. In return, the seaponies gave the hippogriffs magical pearls that allowed them to transform into a seapony-like creature." Thundy said parking his Raptor and unbuckling his seatbelt, "And we're officially back." Thundy said. "Now we could go find a field and I'll help you with those spells of yours." Thundy added looking at Dynamo. 

@ExplosionMare

"It's fine. Let's go through this cave. I think this way leads to the seaponies if I remember right..." Chelsea said wiping away a few stray tears. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“O-okay, if it’s okay with you, I guess,” Pencil hesitantly agreed. She didn’t want to force Chelsea into exploring the cave, but if she really was fine with it, then there wasn’t anything else to worry over. Pencil swam up ahead a bit to get a better glimpse of the cave. There still wasn’t much to see where she was at, just a bunch of cavernous rock, but the sight was still ever intriguing.

Pencil wondered if the cave’s interior would be like an ocean fantasy, decked out with shells, seaweed fringe, and neon purple and blue lights. She wondered if the seaponies wore pearls wherever they went, and whether they ate fish or stuck to some sort of aquatic vegetarian diet. She also wondered, most importantly, how they treated intruders. Would they be welcoming like the ponies in Pencil’s hometown, or would they attack like they did on Chelsea’s ship? Pencil was really hoping for the former.