Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being banned from forums.

CastletonSnob

At a HUGE message board back in the days of early Internet, I was made a Moderator, then later an Administrator, then a Regular Member, then a Technical Member, then a Sectional Moderator, and then I got Banned, then later they missed me and asked me back. And I am still a Technical Member there today :ButtercupLaugh: My life on the Internet!

If I remember correctly I got a few points against me on this one back when I first joined, fairly minor no reason to really go into details. :-P

• Brohoof 2

Barring places I went on specifically to get banned, I haven't been very often. I did manage to get myself account banned from a modding community I still frequent about half a dozen times. That was... an interesting time.

I'm not sure if anybody remembers the Westboro Baptist Church but they used to have a forum for their odd followers (This wasnt like a normal church, do some research on them if you can stomach some actual crazy). I decided to have some fun with them

I joined the forum as "Hulk Hogan" and I would roleplay as Hulk Hogans 80s persona all the time, typing in all caps, never breaking character in any post. Initially they ignored me or let me go with a few warnings "stop typing like that" and "stay on topic". I even got a couple of funny PMs asking if I was the actual Hulk Hogan, and another asking if i was one of those "sinners from 4chan".

Finally I stepped on the admins toes when they posted a racist thread and I wrote something stand offish, again in character as Hogan, and got yelled at in thread. I replied "SUCK IT, BROTHER" and thats when they finally banned me. I had 53 posts.

BROTHERRRR

• Brohoof 2

I’ve never been banned and I haven’t had any infractions either. I try to avoid trouble if I can or at least keep things within the rules if I do get a little uppity. It isn’t that hard to avoid trouble; if I can’t control myself I simply walk away altogether.  

• Brohoof 2

The most that's ever really been done to me is reminders by mods in personal DMs with no other action taken. The first example to come to mind was on the Minecraft Forums when I said "Bump" on my own thread just to bump it to the top of the page and offer nothing to the discussion. How silly I was when I was younger. My excuse was "If the thread gets sent to page 2 where nobody goes, how will the discussion continue?"

I am a part of a few different forums but I am mostly active on this one. As for ever being banned? I have never been. I always follow the rules.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question to anyone that has been banned from this forum before (like temporary, or for a time period), how it feels like to try to access the board, and what happens when you did?

Only forum I ever got banned from was about a decade ago. 

I said some things, drama ensued, and they gave me the boot. :please:

It’s okay, half of them were just abunch of old crotchety adults who didn’t like the young folks who were apart of it anyway.  

Ive never even so much as received a warning on any other forums I’ve been apart of.

• Brohoof 1

I got an informal scolding once on the Warframe forums for getting a little too whipped up when they nerfed Peacemaker shortly after it came out.  It was stupid of me; it really was ludicrously, game-breakingly OP.  That's it.

sit down you young ponies at my great wall of text and let this old brony tell you a story about his time in the early days of the G4 fandom long ago LOL

way back in the early days of the brony fandom I was a member of the my little pony arena "the G1 forum" and I had a good time talking to everypony and all was well for months until I changed my listed gender to male, that's when the mods started giving me a hard time "they are incredibly sexist against males who like my little pony" and they suddenly started deleting my posts and topics, they would take my posts and bury them in old threads, make up unwritten stupid rules I had supposedly broken ect. then things got worse when I changed my avatar to Derpy hooves which turned out to not be allowed "another unwritten rule" because they thought she was offensive to cross eyed people.  and they gave me even more trouble than ever before.

well it wasn't long before I got tired of being harrassed and singled out for being a male and liking derpy so I decided I would leave in a spectacular fashion.

The moderators and prominent members had a separate forum that no one was allowed to talk about called the ponyland catfights forum in which they would cruelly make fun of and bash members of the mlp arena behind their backs while being nice to their face on the mlp arena.

they would do things like compliment people's art on the arena and then repost the thread in catfights and make fun of them and call them names,  make fun of personal appearance, make derogatory statements based on people's gender, or belittle members over simple mistakes and call them derogatory names. The mods and some longs standing members where in fact bullies

all while the members were unaware of all this and kissed the mods butts because they was so "nice and hardworking."

Obviously the mods and some long standing members were two faced sexist bullies and I hated seeing them welcome new members in the mlp arena and then proceeded to make fun of them in the catfights forum, ESPECIALLY the male members and bronies. who they especially hated because they saw my little pony as their own personal female only domain

If you was unfortunate enough to set your gender as male you could expect them to make fun of you in catfights and probably harass you for breaking some made up unwritten rule

any mention of the catfights forum on the arena would be removed immediately because the mods had conveniently made it against the rules.

so what I did was I spent an hour searching every member they had been making fun of on the catfights forum and then found them on the mlparena and PMed them a link to the thread about them, I think I managed 15 or 20 before the mods found out and banned me. 

unfortunately for them though this caused a huge uproar in the forum with all the members finding out that the "super nice and friendly" mods had been secretly making fun of them and saying some REALLY nasty things about them. and it's that dumpster fire I left behind.

I did notice the mods changed their user names on catfights though "yes they was stupid enough to use the same user name on both forums"

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 1

I've been banned several times from a huge forum JVC.com that we call "the french 4chan" I had 5 different account, it was a crazy time back then, we were flooding, raiding, and lot of stupid stuff like that, nothing but fun, no regrets :laugh:

Also I've been "kicked" from MlpForums,  well it was not really a kick, it was like a restriction from MlpForums back in summer 2017, I couldn't respond or post anything for 2 months, I don't really remember why, I think I made a joke that some didn't understand or find unfunny or offensive...
Anyway since then I tried to keep it low profil and not doing or saying anything too stupid, I leave that for other forums because people are kind of "sensible" here. ButI understand it's a friendly forum, it would be sad if it was full of troll or mean people. 

On 3/17/2020 at 12:29 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been banned before but when Poptropica was a thing I made 20 different accounts because I forgot my sign-in

Holy shit I can relate so much to this. Being in elementary school at the time meant that any "password" I would have made would have been me just spamming the keyboard because I just wanted to play the game before our class time in the computer lab was over- Which meant that every single time we had computer lab time I would just make a new account. Good times, good times :laugh:

As for the OP question, no I've never been banned from any forums anywhere. I've had a few warnings be given out to me here on these forums, but that's about it.