Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being banned from forums.

CastletonSnob

I go to a lot of forums. I've also been banned from or gotten infractions from quite a few forums.

How many times have you been banned from or gotten infractions from forums, whether it's this one or other forums?

39 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Maybe I'm just an asshole.

VG, you made a thread in which you suggested doing away with an entire half of the USA.

If it was a troll, it’s a pretty repulsive one.

• Brohoof 1

I got banned once on another forum for trolling. It was pretty dumb of me to act that way, even thinking back makes me cringe.

I don’t think I’ve ever been banned before but when Poptropica was a thing I made 20 different accounts because I forgot my sign-in (somehow this went unnoticed by the site)

1 hour ago, A French Derpy full of Salt said:

I was banned at a forum once because I was searching for friends to talk/play. There were no rules against it.

How would that cause a ban?

I was once banned from the very first forum I was ever on. Me and the new owner at the time got into a dispute because I felt he was letting the site die off. He bought it and then did absolutely nothing with it, except a rebranding that eventually killed it entirely. I seen that happening, got into an argument with him which ended with him banning me. I was eventually unbanned after we talked it out but at that point there was nothing to go back to.

in the count to a million, theoretically even permanent, but got after years a new chance

on a german trophy hunter forum, for a week or so, getting into fights with 3...i better not say any following words...user bullying me threatening me and even went on outside the forum, like psn or youtube comments. they too thou, this  drama ended with me leaving that forum for months. luckily these 3 are as good as not active anymore there

3 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

VG, you made a thread in which you suggested doing away with an entire half of the USA.

I remember that one, really sticks out :laugh:

I've told this somewhere on here before, but I was banned from an MLP roleplay site, and the reasoning was "No".

Basically there were several chat rooms, and the first one I went in had a very specific format on how to show what you typed was an action versus a thought or something you were actually saying, and this was the first time I had seen it done differently than wha tI had been doing on multiple sites, so when someone told me to do it proper, I said no and left the room. A few minutes later I recieved a PM asking if I was the person who hadn't done the formatting correctly. I said I was, and was instantly banned. Not for 24 hours, not for a week, but permanently. And for the record, the other chat room I switched to, did roleplay in the style I was used to, so it was just that one. I tried logging back in but it would just say I was banned for the reason of "No". Couldn't make a new account either, and it didn't matter what device I tried to use in that house. This was back in 2011-12 I think.

I've also been banned in a few rooms temporarily on a site called Draw Planet which I learned about through Omegle and would get links to even though they're not connected but it'd be in the name. It was a bunch of chat rooms but in the form of a drawing board. I didn't have a drawing tablet and I'm not really good with a touchpad or a mouse so I'd just hang out sometimes. Trolls would come in quite often and scribble over people's stuff, erase it, or just sketch penises. I was temporarily banned because of a game I played to see how people reacted. I'd start with a small dot and slowly draw in a spiral to make this ever growing circle to fill all of the space between people's works. This obviously gets annoying when you encroach on what people would consider to be their space. I would never actually go over their stuff. If they boxed themselves in, I wouldn't get any closer. If they erased my progress, I'd just slowly make it up again. At one point I managed to get it pretty big and was temporarily banned. I did it again later on and finally someone figured it out and drew a space around me so I was confined. I totally get how it annoyed people, but I considered it an experiment of sorts.

Finally, there's a small site called echat where I got kicked from one chat room countless times. It was one for debate and the big one was where I was kicked for calling someone a bitch. The thing is, that was in their username. Swearing was allowed in moderation, but apparently I went to far by addressing someone by the name they chose. There was a loophole on that site though, where you could join the chat without having an account. Having an account allowed you to have a profile pic and the ability to make a friends list, but that's it, so if you were kicked you could just hop right back on, and if you didn't want to get caught you just waited a minute, changed your name, and said things a little differently. I just put in the same name over 50 times because I wasn't going to accept the judgement. I was also kicked a few times for being overbearing I guess when the mod was trying to keep things even between the opposition. In reality he gave in to the conspiracy theorists and anyone who opposed them too much was kicked. The room filled with trolls and neoconservatives after the 2016 election and it was unbearable for the regulars, so for three months it was nothing but that, and when things finally settled and they started to come back, the mod had already gotten lost in the rabbit holes and kicked all but a few out. That room died soon after and they were never heard from again.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

How are you still here then tho :huh:?

It was only a temporary ban. I've been temporarily banned from here as well.

48 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I've only ever gotten in trouble on one other forum because I had forgotten the login details for an old account and tried to make a new one.

All I have to say is you're lucky. I've been banned from three other forums, mostly because mods on other forums are for the most part, in my experience, $#!+heads. One banned me for supposedly saying something transphobic when all I was trying to say was that trans people should be reasonable in their expectations (it's even more obviously ridiculous considering I don't identify as a binary gender), one banned me because he was using his modding authority to bully other people and I called him out on it, and on yet another forum I got banned for literally no reason.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

I've never been banned from any forums though I have been given one or two infractions over the years, yet these were extremely minor.

Never got banned. And I have been probably on 10+ different forums. I don't act like an idiot and basically ignore other jerks that I came across. Very had sometimes when people are idiots but I manage not to lose my cool.

• Brohoof 2