Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Aches and pains!

Oblivion

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I do a lot of strenuous work, and lift heavy things often, but I don't have any aches and pains. I'm pretty young though so that's probably the explanation for that. :ButtercupLaugh:

Wow, I don't think I've ever done any heavy lifting and I still get aches and pains :oh_golly:

7 minutes ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever done any heavy lifting and I still get aches and pains :oh_golly:

Really? :dash: I mean I used to get sore muscles a LOT often even just a year ago but since then I've started lifting weights casually for exercise and it's really helped me to get stronger. Also working on a truck like I do just about 24/7 and what not will put strength in your arms you never even knew you had! :laugh:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Really? :dash: I mean I used to get sore muscles a LOT often even just a year ago but since then I've started lifting weights casually for exercise and it's really helped me to get stronger. Also working on a truck like I do just about 24/7 and what not will put strength in your arms you never even knew you had! :laugh:

Exercise? I don't even know the meaning of that word  :wacko:

I'm just a lazy couch potato, so yeah I've pretty much done no hard work at all. :awwthanks:

Edited by Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, Blivy said:

Ohhh you might want to get that last one checked out as that coulddd be bad! 

I went to a hospital a couple times, they prescribed me some pills and a week of injections but they didn't help. This problem ended at the end of summer when I start going to school again, so the only cure is to be active

• Brohoof 3

My lower back and wrists will ache pretty badly after doing any physical work outside. I've pretty much traced it back to all those years I worked at the small engine shop. I lifted engines and sharpened a TON of blades with a hand grinder. I first started noticing the aches in my late 20's  

I don't even sharpen my own blades anymore. I now pay a shop to do it. I'm too young for wrecked wrists  :worry:

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Interesting, any idea on how much you can lift?

• Brohoof 1

My most regular aches and pains would be my ribs popping out and my back seizing up.

The former is the result of inheriting my mother's weak chest muscles I think. It used to be much worse when I was younger. I'd be running laps in gym and one of them would just shift out of place leaving me incapacitated. Only way to recover was to wait for it to slide back into place but I've since discovered if I stand up straight and take a deep enough breath I can fix it myself. It just has this weird feeling like it wants to break or something when I do which is why it took so long to figure out I need to push through it. Doesn't happen too often now though, maybe once or twice a month and if I were to work out my core then I could build up enough muscle so it'd stop almost entirely.

As for the back seizing, I have no idea what's been causing that. For about the last two years it'd happen when I'm just walking along, or even sitting. Sometimes it's set off by strenuous activity or nothing at all, and there's nothing I can really do for it that I know of other than just wait it out. One of the last ones I had was pretty bad and had me curled up on the floor for at least 10 minutes.

I used to have a thing where my right knee would pop out and it'd drop me to the ground. It gradually went away but it was almost on a timer because it was pretty consistent and even when I learned to recognize that it was about to happen, I'd stop whatever I was doing and ease off to prevent it, but the tension would still be there and the next time would feel worse.

Also used to get Charlie horses as a teen, middle of the night kind that would have me silently screaming. They're one of the least favorites I've had because they'd have me limping for the next 3 days.

• Brohoof 1

Lifting heavy things was easy, for a while.... But I did it wrongly (didn't care about my back, legs, etc), and it gave me some pain for a few years. I have healed slowly, but I am staying away from lifting too much scrap on the scrap yard.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, IronM17 said:

Because of my scoliosis, I have often heavy neck and back pain. And sometimes, the neck pain goes over into headaches (but not that often).

Actually! I always get terrible headaches they start out as a stuff neck so it's always possible that something's up but not sure whaaat lol

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

My most regular aches and pains would be my ribs popping out and my back seizing up.

The former is the result of inheriting my mother's weak chest muscles I think. It used to be much worse when I was younger. I'd be running laps in gym and one of them would just shift out of place leaving me incapacitated. Only way to recover was to wait for it to slide back into place but I've since discovered if I stand up straight and take a deep enough breath I can fix it myself. It just has this weird feeling like it wants to break or something when I do which is why it took so long to figure out I need to push through it. Doesn't happen too often now though, maybe once or twice a month and if I were to work out my core then I could build up enough muscle so it'd stop almost entirely.

As for the back seizing, I have no idea what's been causing that. For about the last two years it'd happen when I'm just walking along, or even sitting. Sometimes it's set off by strenuous activity or nothing at all, and there's nothing I can really do for it that I know of other than just wait it out. One of the last ones I had was pretty bad and had me curled up on the floor for at least 10 minutes.

I used to have a thing where my right knee would pop out and it'd drop me to the ground. It gradually went away but it was almost on a timer because it was pretty consistent and even when I learned to recognize that it was about to happen, I'd stop whatever I was doing and ease off to prevent it, but the tension would still be there and the next time would feel worse.

Also used to get Charlie horses as a teen, middle of the night kind that would have me silently screaming. They're one of the least favorites I've had because they'd have me limping for the next 3 days.

Ohhh that sounds terrible though I'm glad you've got better over the years!

3 hours ago, Radium Phosphor said:

My lower back and wrists will ache pretty badly after doing any physical work outside. I've pretty much traced it back to all those years I worked at the small engine shop. I lifted engines and sharpened a TON of blades with a hand grinder. I first started noticing the aches in my late 20's  

I don't even sharpen my own blades anymore. I now pay a shop to do it. I'm too young for wrecked wrists  :worry:

Never too young for high mileage my friend! 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I went to a hospital a couple times, they prescribed me some pills and a week of injections but they didn't help. This problem ended at the end of summer when I start going to school again, so the only cure is to be active

It could be when you're inactive your heart beats slower etc causing your blood pressure to lower. Just be careful and don't pass out or anything! 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Interesting, any idea on how much you can lift?

It depends on how I'm lifting because parts of my body are stronger than the others. I can curl 15 pounds at the moment, could probably go higher though. I don't attend the gym religiously only because I don't see reason to. When I reach the age where exercise becomes a necessity to stay in shape then that may change. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

It depends on how I'm lifting because parts of my body are stronger than the others. I can curl 15 pounds at the moment, could probably go higher though. I don't attend the gym religiously only because I don't see reason to. When I reach the age where exercise becomes a necessity to stay in shape then that may change. :ButtercupLaugh:

Now I'm curious what your gut busting max is! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Damn, 15? Not what I was expecting. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 2

Thankfully, I don’t have a regular struggle with aches/pains. The only time I have to deal with that sort of thing is if I pull a muscle or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

For a couple of years now I have struggled with foot pains that have made standing/walking/working on my feet for too long (after about 30 minutes to an hour) really painful. It was diagnosed as plantar fasciitis (which it certainly began like) but it hasn't subsided after pretty much every kind of treatment, including expensive shoes, inserts, stretching, steroid shots, multiple types of physical therapy, and surgery.

To think just four years ago I had absolutely none of these problems and working on my feet was no problem. You just don't know what you have until it's gone.

I also have pain in my knees, which makes getting up and down steps really hard on me. Combined with the foot pain, I can't really use stairs and have to support myself with something else whenever I get up or sit down.

I also more recently have some pain one of my fingers which really ramps up at some times, the worst flare up yet being this last weekend where I couldn't get it anywhere near straight.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Envy said:

For a couple of years now I have struggled with foot pains that have made standing/walking/working on my feet for too long (after about 30 minutes to an hour) really painful. It was diagnosed as plantar fasciitis (which it certainly began like) but it hasn't subsided after pretty much every kind of treatment, including expensive shoes, inserts, stretching, steroid shots, multiple types of physical therapy, and surgery.

To think just four years ago I had absolutely none of these problems and working on my feet was no problem. You just don't know what you have until it's gone.

I also have pain in my knees, which makes getting up and down steps really hard on me. Combined with the foot pain, I can't really use stairs and have to support myself with something else whenever I get up or sit down.

I also more recently have some pain one of my fingers which really ramps up at some times, the worst flare up yet being this last weekend where I couldn't get it anywhere near straight.

That really sucks! What initially caused it or do they know or just wear and tear maybe?

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Blivy said:

That really sucks! What initially caused it or do they know or just wear and tear maybe?

We don't know, but after the surgery didn't improve much for me, my podiatrist suggested I get blood work done and I'm seeing another doctor as well now. They both believe it's likely some kind of immune disorder.

I got the blood work done that my podiatrist ordered and some more that the general practice doctor ordered. So the doctor was able to speculate specific conditions, but we haven't been able to confirm anything since now is just not a good time to be waltzing into hospitals to get tests done.

• Brohoof 2

I get migraine headaches on occasion. That should count. :worry: My mom has always gotten them so I'm not surprised that I do... feels like your head is imploding. :(

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Envy said:

We don't know, but after the surgery didn't improve much for me, my podiatrist suggested I get blood work done and I'm seeing another doctor as well now. They both believe it's likely some kind of immune disorder.

I got the blood work done that my podiatrist ordered and some more that the general practice doctor ordered. So the doctor was able to speculate specific conditions, but we haven't been able to confirm anything since now is just not a good time to be waltzing into hospitals to get tests done.

Well hopefully they find the cause and it's something treatable!

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...