Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Episode 1 and 2 Treehouse premiere thread.

CastletonSnob

I'm not super hyped for this, as it looks like it's following the trend of some other recent cartoon reboots of turning a loved show into an goofy, over the top comedy and nothing much else, but I'll give it a shot. It's all in the writing, if the show manages to be funny and charming then I'll enjoy it, even if it's not my ideal MLP.

• Brohoof 3

We shall feast on the cringe!

Twilight walks in, furious: I did not eat it. It's not true. It's horse shit. I did not eat it. I did noooot ... Oh hi Spike.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

We shall feast on the cringe!

Twilight walks in, furious: I did not eat it. It's not true. It's horse shit. I did not eat it. I did noooot ... Oh hi Spike.

Lovely the room references

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

The first 2 episodes of Pony Life will premiere on the Canadian channel Treehouse this Sunday. Since nobody has made a thread, I decided to make one myself.

I'll be sure to post a stream as soon as one becomes available.

Thanks for the heads up 

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Please don't let it be the next Teen Titans Go!

I dunno. Their take for some villains were to die of laughter :fluttershy:

Spoiler

Cheese Sandwich as Darkseid...... CHEESE SANDWICH AS DARK FUCKING SEID :mlp_laugh:

I am the ready! Bring it on!

I'll count the seconds of the first episode until I decide it is unwatchable. I am just expecting the worst!

As of now, I'm going to watch it. I said the same thing about the "Artemis Fowl" movie, and then changed my mind at the last minute when EVERY reviewer on YouTube said how horrible it was. l  think I'll just re-read the Artemis books.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 12:51 AM, Splashee said:

I am the ready! Bring it on!

Starfire, is that you?

Also, totally forgot and couldn't even wake up. The medication has me doozing off...

Gonna see if anypony recorded and uploaded to 4chan.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Quinch said:

@Jesse Terrence Anything in particular that bothered you?

Where do I begin?

The whole gag with the potions is just out of place. Goes against the whole caution ponies had regarding abusing magic and potions on FiM. It doesn't really add up to the comedy on itself. The little gags made with them are not even funny, but plain filler to stretch the episodes. They could have made a better joke if, instead of using "telepathy" to show the flashforward, it could be funnier if it was a 4th wall break moment aknowledging the eerieness of sharing the flashforward without any magic used.

The way they made the whole cast a bunch of numbskulls with not a single moment of actual brilliance is also bad. Have a look at knuckles from sonic boom. He was made into a dumb beefcake, but he has moments in which he throws off everyone by showing more common sense or comprehension on complicated topics. Not the case on pony life.

I will add more about it later.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 3

I've watched the episodes from Pony Life and my opinion is l don't really enjoyed it. To be really honest and l hope you will not getting upset because of me, l'll prefer FIM more than Pony Life. Even the theme song, l don't really like it. 

• Brohoof 2