Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you happy 2020 is over

Flying Pencil

I am also going to be glad that 'oh its 2020' won't be said anymore. This year has been good to me personally but not for the world in the least, 2021 will be a year of challenge but hopefully it is better for this shattered world. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Considering Covid vaccines have already begun the distribution process in some areas, the pandemic should start to die down early 2021 (fingers crossed). Hopefully local businesses can come back to life when that happens. Or, what's left of local businesses, anyway.

I really don't see why people are so optimistic about 2021 being any different really than 2020, big pharma and the media are going to continue fearmongering about a virus with a 99% survival rate. Also very radical groups that terrorized major city downtowns over this past year are only going to keep doing so into next year now that weak leadership has been voted into office, which will further embolden those radical groups because they'll know that they can get away with their destruction and terror. Not to mention the massive transfers of wealth to big companies like Walmart and Amazon which have seen record profits this year, and small shops going under which is only going to keep going into next year for the foreseeable future, after all, why would the big companies want things to back to normal? They're making more money than they ever did before and they're killing any small business competition too, essentially hitting two birds with one stone.  

2020 was the most bad year I ever had. Not just because of Covid-19 and all the other awful things that happen in the world, but also personal. There are so many bad thing happened this year for me personal. But I also have the feeling that 2021 will be not better. I mean, why should it? The problems are not gone. It is just a new number. 2019 was also not a great year. Better than 2020, but also not good. So, I am neither happy nor unhappy that 2020 ends because it change not much for me.

This year really hurt cold the sports world:worry:  Though it is impossible for me to cover everything below, but I managed to watch all 3 hours of SportsCenter Presents:  2020 - Heroes, History, and Hope.  In January the entire world mourned the loss of Kobe Bryant:(  I was deeply affected by this as I stood frozen for hours given the legend Kobe is:(  

The 30 for 30 podcast March 11th 2020 shows a crowd packed in an NBA stadium waiting for the Oklahoma City Thunder and Utah Jazz game to be played.  Until it was announced on the court when both teams walked away…

“The game tonight has been postponed.  You are all safe.  Take your time in leaving the arena tonight and do so in an orderly fashion.  Thank you for coming out tonight”. 

The NBA suspended all operations, the same for the NHL.  Spectators were left in the dark.  The reason being that Rudy Gobert of Utah Jazz was the first NBA athlete testing positive for COVID.  The college basketball playoffs were canceled.  The Tokyo Olympics postponed until 2021, but who’s to say that will hopefully happen:bea: 

Over 3 months without any MLB games.  I remember in the news the players and union groups in the MLB arguing:dry: back and forth over pay and how many games would be in negotiation to play for 2020.  The pandemic took away minor league baseball games:angry:  During May and June, Korean baseball was available on ESPN. 

Then with troubles in the NASCAR season, Bubba Wallace stood up for what he believed in and an entire lineup of the NASCAR world supporting him.  The NBA returning in the summer in The Orlando Bubble.  Los Angeles became Title Town in 2020 with the Lakers and Dodgers winning it all.  

Cardboard cutouts filling the void of audiences in ball parksB)  Joe Kelly of the Dodgers becoming a meme.  The story of two men and their connection to a surfboard.  The ABCs of 2020:kindness:  Jeremy Schaap and Lisa Salters did a good job hosting the ESPN presentation;) 

Do people expect the issues of 2020 to magically vanish because the year changed? That's not how anything works. The coronavirus is raging worse than ever before and while there are vaccines, the general public will not get them until like halfway into the year or so.

The one really good thing about 2021? January 20th and beyond a tyrannical manchild will be gone from my government and news media (hopefully. Don't cover him anymore, news. Just don't)

• Brohoof 1

i treat any year like it's the same - focus on myself, and not think too much about what people do. for me, my 2020 wasn't perfect, but i learnt things out from it, and i worked through obstacles that came my way. so i don't care about 2020 being over. it's just another year in my eyes

maybe i'm an insensitive jackass, but people really need to focus on themselves more, instead of tying their whole identity down on current events

I’m neither happy nor sad about it; I wish a new year could be a clean slate but reality doesn’t work that way. If you want to make a change in your life, there’s no need to wait for a new-numbered year, every day is a new day!

For as awful as this year has been I’m grateful for all the people who have helped me through it.

As far as the state of the world from last year to this year I don’t anticipate a lot of positive changes, if any. So all I can say is that I hope to improve my own life because that’s all I have any control over.