Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been to prom?

raykv423

Ok, I was at my school a couple days ago and there's a poster saying that prom will be on April 10th.

I'm thinking of going there and it may be the first time I ever been to prom, though I wasn't so entirely sure if I could go there. And with COVID still happening, I think safety protocols are still put in place. 

and it got to me wondering, FiM and EQG have proms and galas episodes and I'm wondering if any of you ever been to prom and what's your experience with it? 

4223D980-046E-4360-998A-8EF8968E493E.jpeg

Edited by raykv423
  • Brohoof 3

I have been to two proms.

One, with someone I was dating back in high school

And my senior prom where I actually was voted as Prom King 

It was fun hanging out with friends but didn't enjoy it too much cuz lots of people I didn't feel comfortable dancing around in high school and people I didnt like. So yea.

Either way a good memory 

Yes, I've been to prom once for my senior year in high school in 2018, and I really enjoyed it for my final moments of high school memories with dancing. I didn't have to be Prom King for that, but my fellow high school friend does.

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 1

I never went to prom or any school dance. I hated being there as is. Why would I pay money to spend time at school? Pay money to spend time with classmates I didn’t like? The price of a prom ticket at my HS was ridiculous. Not even including what a dress would have cost and we were broke back when I was a teen. It was an easy choice not to go and it was a win for everyone. I still don’t regret my choice in not going to this day.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I went twice. I went my junior year (2012) and my senior year (2013). It was fun but I don't remember anything else about it other than who I went with.

• Brohoof 2

If there's one thing a prom requires, it would be a social life or at least an extrovert personality. I have always been quite lacking in both of those so no proms for me. Never was interested in them anyways. They would have stressed me out more than anything.

• Brohoof 1

I was one of the prom committees who helped running it.  So it’s a mandatory for me to attend to put things up and take it down when it over.

• Brohoof 3

I don't live in America, so proms were never a thing really. We had something similar to a prom I guess, end of a semester type of thing regardless not like prom more like let's get wasted. Prom judging by movies is more like a you know not so much so. I've never been to a prom but would have liked to.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno they never called it prom though disco they had and ball. Single sex education I had so no boys at the disco lol and at the ball barely any so it wasn't like those date type things. Tbh it was kinda just messing around loud music some food and not much else.

• Brohoof 1

Whether or not you decide to go, I will say: prom isn't really all it's hyped up to be. I went for my senior prom and it was a lot of standing around not doing much. I pretty much just spent the entire time in the cafeteria eating all the snacks and having to explain to people that the punch was, indeed, not spiked like some kid was saying. :yeahno: but if you've got friends around, I'm sure it's just fine!

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Cash_In said:

Nope. Might go this year if my friends are up for it. If not, then I'm staying at home. :/ 

Probably isn't really worth it to go really considering the way the world is. I've always considered prom and all that sort of thing over-rated. Especially with my school, where it would just be the constant high school jocks and cringy rich kids. 

• Brohoof 2

Nope. Stayed home and had to pull 3 calves in 2 hours...I was even asked by girl I somewhat liked to go, but it was spring, we were calving, we were planting, Dad had a broken arm, etc.

The thing was...I was apparently the only one who didn't go...so guess what English's assessments focused on. (Basically "was prom what you expected and dreamed of" and what not)

"What do you mean you didn't go? Everyone was there!" 

"You want to see video evidence?"(barn cameras)

"Well yes!"

"Alright that's enough, I don't want to see the other two..."

As to if I would have went otherwise...probably not.

• Brohoof 2