Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you (if at all) stop watching MLP:FiM?

phantompone1148

When did you stop watching Friendship is Magic?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. When did you stop watching Friendship is Magic?

• By S3 Finalie
    • By S5 Finalie
    • By S6/7
    • By S8/9
    • I never stopped watching the show

• The title was changed to When did you stop watching MLP:FiM?

A little bit after the start of season 8. The season 7 finale really soured things for me and the student six storyline lost all of my interest. From what I've heard from others, I made a fairly sound choice. The whole thing with Grogar is just..embarrassing.

• Brohoof 3

April 13, 2019, the day Uprooted aired. That was the last episode of MLP:FIM I ever watched. Season 8 really soured my interest in MLP:FIM and by Season 9, I couldn't take it anymore. :eww:

Still no regrets. :proud:

• Brohoof 2

I stopped watching the show after Season 6. Honestly, in hindsight, I should've saw the warning signs when the Season 5 finale aired and stop watching the show after that. Man, Cutie Remark pisses me off the more I think about it. With the old staff left and being replaced with a new staff and taking the show to a different direction, the show wasn't the same ever since. That, and also the fact that I'm starting to get burned out on MLP since it feels like a unhealthy obligation to watch the show than actually enjoying it.

Although, I did came back to check out Season 7-9 early this year, and I regretted it (and I tried to wipe it out of my mind). Not to mention, with all the behind the scenes issues that happened through the leaks, interviews, and all that stuff, the show was completely dead to me. It was such a trainwreck.

After seeing G5, I'm not interested in going back to watch G4 anymore, even the classic episodes. I would still love the characters and Lauren's creativity. As for FiM? I'm sorry, I just can't take it anymore.

• Brohoof 2

Quit halfway into S9 and haven’t looked back I still like S1-5 and will always watch them. I still liked S7, the movie and specials. Heck I still liked EQG and Pony Life, and will still watch some of the shorts every now and then. But the main show was hard to put up with since S5’s finale 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Neo_Shiron said:

I never continued season 9 (didn't like the retirement plot) but I'll never stopp watching the older seasons :3

Well, I understand your reasoning but Twilight ruling Equestria was the only logical way to show could’ve ended IMAO.

Even since the shower officially ended I see no reason to go back on rewatches except maybe to do some research for potential fanfiction or role plays.

But all in all it's been a fun ride

1 hour ago, phantompone1148 said:

Well, I understand your reasoning but Twilight ruling Equestria was the only logical way to show could’ve ended IMAO.

Maybe but they could have done it different. I mean the "Equestria had never been as peaceful as now" comment was kind of messed up with one or two "wold is going to end" problem each season (maybe year for Equestria?)

The way the show did starting from season 1, Twilight's missing was over when she founded her school (learning about friendship, helping with friendship problems, teaching about friendship). The whole "Twilight, you're going to become the ruler" was too fast and kind of messed up her whole life. 

She just founded a school and was able to fit everything (leading a school, being a princess, helping others and her private life) together and after less than a year, she again has to change her whole life and give up her school and life.

It's just my opinion, but it would have been better if Twilight would have rejected the crown at the end of season 9 because her friends were more important to her than ruling Equestria. We all know that Twilight was never able to say "no" to Celestia and that would have shown that she actually grew from a needy student to an independent pony/princess.

• Brohoof 2

I have every intention of finishing the series! However I've been saying that since I got halfway through season 7. Life has just kind of gotten in the way and I consume a lot of random media, most of which I can have outlook or in the background, but MLP doesn't provide me quite the same luxury. I'm not closeted, I just don't share what others aren't very interested in.

I knew a fair chunk of people who left after season 3. Almost hard to believe that Princess Twilight was a big deal in comparison to all that came after.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

A little bit after the start of season 8. The season 7 finale really soured things for me and the student six storyline lost all of my interest. From what I've heard from others, I made a fairly sound choice. The whole thing with Grogar is just..embarrassing.

8 hours ago, Woohoo said:

April 13, 2019, the day Uprooted aired. That was the last episode of MLP:FIM I ever watched. Season 8 really soured my interest in MLP:FIM and by Season 9, I couldn't take it anymore. :eww:

Still no regrets. :proud:

3 hours ago, Megas said:

Quit halfway into S9 and haven’t looked back I still like S1-5 and will always watch them. I still liked S7, the movie and specials. Heck I still liked EQG and Pony Life, and will still watch some of the shorts every now and then. But the main show was hard to put up with since S5’s finale 

I'll put it this way,

I watched the whole series but the season 8 finale "School Raze" didn't fill me with much confidence for the future due to how

totally forgettable it was and still is for me.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

Hasn’t happened yet. I only became a fan midway through Season Nine and by the time I finally got around to it, the finale had already aired. 
I bet had I become a fan a year earlier and gotten through the show quicker, I would’ve been nervous during Season Eight because of how much I hate the Student Six and the concept of the school. That’s about the only thing I can think of.

Nothing will make me stop watching this show! :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I stopped watching FIM "live" a few episodes into Season 4. That's where I felt the show couldn't do anything more to me.

Then I got back to it around 2017, after feeling there was some interesting concepts in Season 7 going on. I picked up Season 8 live, and watched until the end of Season 9.

• Brohoof 1