Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC: Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

(edited)

I think I'll introduce a 3 day timeout when waiting for a reply. So If I get no answer until tomorrow (about 14 hours from now), I'll progress the story anyway. I understand we all have our lives and so on, but it's not like something terrible will happen to your characters if I do it, and I don't want to keep the other players waiting for too long.

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS

I don't mind waiting for others to catch up. In fact, I think I'll wait a little longer. However, please let me know before you move on. Unless Celestia has more to say about their mission beyond wanting them to be friends, Samurai has something important he wants to say. For now, I'm just waiting until Celestia has said everything she wants to say and until everyone has had a chance to react or catch up to this point.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih I can give you a "Sturdy" skill, although it won't have the effect you wanted. Skills are meant to be used in tests, not increase other stats. I guess Sturdy can be used as an additional roll when resisting some hostile effects. If you prefer to have another skill instead, it's still possible to change that.

@Samurai Equine You should still pick one of your attributes (Strength/Agility/Intellect/Charm) to increase.

Also a note about teleportation: I won't allow teleporting over large distances in this RP, because it would make traveling to distant locations too easy. But teleporting can be a good way to escape from a dangerous situation or to bypass obstacles (although I'll make it extra hard if you want to take somepony else with you when teleporting).

Edited by PawelS

9 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Kujamih I can give you a "Sturdy" skill, although it won't have the effect you wanted. Skills are meant to be used in tests, not increase other stats. I guess Sturdy can be used as an additional roll when resisting some hostile effects. If you prefer to have another skill instead, it's still possible to change that.

@Samurai Equine You should still pick one of your attributes (Strength/Agility/Intellect/Charm) to increase.

Also a note about teleportation: I won't allow teleporting over large distances in this RP, because it would make traveling to distant locations too easy. But teleporting can be a good way to escape from a dangerous situation or to bypass obstacles (although I'll make it extra hard if you want to take somepony else with you when teleporting).

Sorry. My fault. I misread your original post. You clearly said skill AND attribute. I have edited my original reply, so feel free to make the necessary changes.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih At first, I was going to use skills only for tests, and I didn't expect the players to come up with new game mechanics. But now when I thought about it, I changed my mind. I think your ideas are pretty good, and we can use them. I'm going to use your original "Sturdy" idea for Inner Strength (Earth Pony racial skill). I don't really like the current effect of it, so I'm going to change it to an increase to Stamina and Willpower (+1 Stamina at odd levels and +1 Willpower at even levels, so at level 10 you'll get +5 Stamina and +5 Willpower).

For the skill you want to get now, I will change the name to Defiance, and keep your idea for the effect: spend 1 Willpower to re-roll using the Defiance skill value, when you get a bad result for any other roll. To make the RP more fluent, it would be best if you tell me in advance that you're going to use it in case you get a bad roll in a specific situation.

Let me know if all this is OK for you.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Kujamih At first, I was going to use skills only for tests, and I didn't expect the players to come up with new game mechanics. But now when I thought about it, I changed my mind. I think your ideas are pretty good, and we can use them. I'm going to use your original "Sturdy" idea for Inner Strength (Earth Pony racial skill). I don't really like the current effect of it, so I'm going to change it to an increase to Stamina and Willpower (+1 Stamina at odd levels and +1 Willpower at even levels, so at level 10 you'll get +5 Stamina and +5 Willpower).

For the skill you want to get now, I will change the name to Defiance, and keep your idea for the effect: spend 1 Willpower to re-roll using the Defiance skill value, when you get a bad result for any other roll. To make the RP more fluent, it would be best if you tell me in advance that you're going to use it in case you get a bad roll in a specific situation.

Let me know if all this is OK for you.

I agree to all you said.

And defiance is the word I was trying to find! Thanks! I was having a hard time remembering that word....

• Brohoof 1

Here's a color-inverted Luster Dawn, for reference :-P

duster_lawn.png.07d9cdbec1f1b7028bcacc4378fdf47e.png

Her hair colors look pretty similar to Sonata Dusk's. Ignore the strange eyes, in case of the maid they look normal.

Edited by PawelS

• 2 weeks later...

@Samurai Equine @Ocean Wavedream

If you know Celestia, you should be aware that she doesn't always tell the whole truth...

Also, here is a little hint that should help you with the investigation, don't read it if you don't want it to be easier for you.

Spoiler

You should question Duster Lawn some more.

@Kujamih

What does it mean when you post a '?' in the main thread? If I'm not clear enough in what I'm posting and you need more information, then post about it here.

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

Noted. But knowing my OC, he'll be so blinded by his hero-worship of Celestia that he won't even realize that. :derp: In his eyes, Celestia can do no wrong.

As expected hahaha

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2022-03-01 at 12:40 AM, Kujamih said:

I thought we already left duster Lawn hence me giving the ? I thought the only ones in the vicinity is samurai clue and me.

Luster Dawn still had a chance to respond to what Dr. Clue said before you both left. Generally, I can refer to all things you did in your posts between mine, not only to the situation after them.

Also, I'm going to wait for @abrony-mouse to catch up before continuing.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1