Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Report all issues related to the recent upgrade here

Jeric

On 2022-05-23 at 5:34 AM, The Wife of Giyu said:

“You are only allowed to upload 0 images”

I'm not allowed to upload any video to a PM, getting that error. But I am allowed to upload videos to posts :(

• Brohoof 1

@Sven Seelenherz

I noticed this is more of a forum bug/issue that needs to be told here (Report All Issues) instead of in Separating the Profile Notification feedback thread. So I went ahead and did that:

6 hours ago, Sven Seelenherz said:

Then I have to click on "View all notifications" in the same window to view the rest. But as soon as I do this, all of the messages there will become greyed out.

I tested this quite easily. Clicking on the notification list to see the newest status updates being in bold (highlighted), and directly clicking on "View all notification" will in fact show the status updates non-highlighted like they were already read. Posts that I hadn't read still stayed bold (highlighted) like intended. This happened for status updates specifically!

This is clearly a forum bug. Similar to the bug in Messenger where if you click on a new message you will go to the last page of the private message conversation (to the new message in question, which is the intended way), BUT if you go into the inbox and click on the new message there, you will get to page 1 message 1, and have to manually find the last page and scroll down.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

User ranks aren't updated accordingly to content count.

Some new users are still blank flanks (ranks, not to be confused with member groups - there users are promoted correctly) despite having around 40 posts.

The configuration of ranks appears to be blank. All ranks exist on the list, but lack values and such.

• Brohoof 2

I already spoke to @Jeric about this, but I am putting it here for record's sake. Seems like there is an issue with member titles. They can be changed on the Admin side, BUT the change is not reflected on the forum side. Could be related to forum theme.

• Brohoof 3

39 minutes ago, Pathfinder Symphony said:

I already spoke to @Jeric about this, but I am putting it here for record's sake. Seems like there is an issue with member titles. They can be changed on the Admin side, BUT the change is not reflected on the forum side. Could be related to forum theme.

Perhaps it is related to the messed up rank configuration. Raising content count doesn't update these ranks/titles either.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-06-14 at 3:11 PM, Rikifive said:

User ranks aren't updated accordingly to content count.

Some new users are still blank flanks (ranks, not to be confused with member groups - there users are promoted correctly) despite having around 40 posts.

The configuration of ranks appears to be blank. All ranks exist on the list, but lack values and such.

According to this site here, I should be a Changeling by now: https://mlpforums.com/faq/site-problems/user-and-staff-ranks-r116/

I'm not bothered by it or anything, just wanted to confirm what you said. :) Something that changed is when I hover over profile pictures, and when the small window appears, it says 1.3k posts now instead of a full, accurate number, same with brohooves. Maybe it has to do with that? To see the accurate numbers, I have to go to the profiles now. It's probably on purpose, but it switches to 1.3k even before reaching the 1,300 posts. And it doesn't show anymore which site other members are currently looking at. Now we have to basically do detours to view all the informations that were easy to see before. :coco:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2022-06-14 at 7:04 AM, Lady Kochos Pathfinder said:

I just went on to "Edit Profile" and I don't see the "Member Title" option anywhere. :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

45 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just went on to "Edit Profile" and I don't see the "Member Title" option anywhere. :blush:

Unfortunately that can only be changed by admins. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Lady Kochos Pathfinder said:

Unfortunately that can only be changed by admins. :)

Huh. I remember that I was able to change my member title when I reached the Elements of Harmony rank. :ooh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Huh. I remember that I was able to change my member title when I reached the Elements of Harmony rank. :ooh:

I believe that was the case in an old version of the forums. Sadly that was removed sometime back by IPB; not sure why.

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

About Me-page also doesn't let upload things. 

Reveal hidden contents

We are aware of this problem. It occurs with making thread posts and status updates as well.

• Brohoof 3

Until we fix the “You are only allowed to upload 0 files” issue, attaching photos can be done via pasting the photo’s link from an outside phot sharing site such as Postimages or imgur.

Other Media > Insert Image from URL > Paste link provided by outside source

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, The Wife of Douma said:

Until we fix the “You are only allowed to upload 0 files” issue, attaching photos can be done via pasting the photo’s link from an outside phot sharing site such as Postimages or imgur.

Other Media > Insert Image from URL > Paste link provided by outside source

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

About Me-page also doesn't let upload things. 

Hide contents

image.png.6a9a753884007682d86a7e5e6db55720.png

From what I can see from @Catpone Cerberus post above, that 0 files image was uploaded from that post? If that is the case, it is slightly better to use one's Testing Forum to upload the images needed for other places such as Status Updates or About Me by the means of copying the uploaded link and pasting it into your posts. This will be compatible with the forum once the issue has been solved as well. All attachments pasted are being tracked in My Attachments. You know your uploads, how they are displayed, and you know exactly where they are being used.

Spoiler

Links to outside images has multiple disadvantages. One being, once posted, will not use the recent image in case it has been edited at a later time. You might have updated the image to fix something in it, or the service provider might change how the image is being used (like adding watermarks), and the forum will do anything it can to use the image that was used at the time of posting, but can't guarantee anything. You might see the image while others might not.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-06-23 at 5:42 PM, -Solstice- said:

Just curious - it's been a month now, why are these issues not fixed yet? Surely you'd think in a month's time they would be resolved. 

A lot of these issues are unfortunately not a straightforward fix. There were a number of changes made by IP.B that removed functionality we previously used, such as with Status Updates. There is also a need to rework plugins so that they play nice with our custom theme and site layout.

Most of all, we currently have a very limited number of tech ponies who can only devote so much time towards trying to resolve these tasks.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Is "multi-quote" broken or am I doing something wrong? 

Possibly doing something wrong, because it appears to be working for me. Could you provide more details?

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Rikifive said:

Possibly doing something wrong, because it appears to be working for me. Could you provide more details?

I just checked and it turns out I was looking at the wrong part of my screen when I thought I should make my post.  I'm sorry. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just checked and it turns out I was looking at the wrong part of my screen when I thought I should make my post.  I'm sorry. :sunny:

No worries, that happens. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1