Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is most likely to be a mom?

Silly Lily

(edited)

The trouble with AJ doesn't have so much to do with her capabilities as a Mom , out of the mane 6 she would be most ready for Motherhood at the moment and it would seem she has basically raised Apple Bloom, but rather with her work duties. Her existing responsibilities limit her social interactions to family and close friends. And as shown in the episode with Trenderhoof, she seems distracted by work typically when someone new shows up ( I know she wasn't interested in Trenderhoof, but I feel she probably would have indicated that to him more directly if she wasn't busy) . Plus, she might be the type to deliberately put off having a special somepony and colt or filly of her own, until Apple Bloom is older, as AJ is for all intents and purposes acting as her little Sis' Mom.

If the question were who would be the best Mom, I would say AJ; but since it is more about who will be a Mom first, I stand by my assessment that she would only be 4th or 3rd in line to be a Mom.

As a note: Not trying to start up a discussion on Equestrian society, but I think it is worth pointing the following out given some comments made by individuals arguing that a character could have a serious relationship but "put off" having any offspring. The idea of being in a committed relationship with someone without raising Children is a very Modern and Western idea for the most part ( there are some exceptions but I speak as a general rule ). So I would strongly think that this would be the case in Equestria as well. Granted that is a bit of headcanon on my part arguably but the show does seem to connect romantic relationships with marriage quite readily, and generally kids are soon to follow. (Isn't there a toy or something indicating Cadence and Shining Armor have a kid soon? ) 

Edited by Virgil_Harris
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't get it. Spike's fire is like that because he's an Eldrich dragon, meaning he doesn't even breathe fire, he breathes, quite obviously, Eldrich, which is a green, pink, or blue fire-like substance, known to teleport anything it touches. He doesn't have wings, because baby Eldrich dragons are not the same as baby fire or ice dragons. And he WON'T turn out like this when he gets older.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

He will eventually get wings, though not as big and grand as that of fire and ice dragons. Trust the dragon expert. ;)

Anyway, I think Rarity is too refined to deal with kids, seeing how she dealt with her sister. I think she's gonna devote her entire life to fashion design, and possibly even shun any boyfriend she happens to get.

...Eldritch is simply an old word for strange, eerie, mystical and otherworldly.

Your post makes no sense.

I think if they had foals yes, but I think there would be some that would be working at careers rather than having foals, such as RD and Twilight. 

I think there would be some that would be working at careers rather than having foals, such as RD and Twilight.

Remember, there is such a thing as moms with careers and who still manage to raise their kids well.

They all have the chance of being a mom, just mattets if the show writers (or most likely the fans) want to write such a story.

(edited)

I can see Rarity being a good mother, believe it or not. You can say "Oh, well she has problems dealing with Sweetie Belle," but I'm pretty sure that there's a huge difference between daughter and little sister :D Of course, note how I said "daughter" - Rarity might have a bit of trouble raising a son, but I think if she were to raise a daughter, she'd know exactly what to do :D Especially during those teenage years. I can see her being a great mother :D

Fluttershy would also be a good mom, due to her kind and caring nature. Applejack would be a good mom due to her ability to say "no" and how family oriented she is, and Twilight would be a good mom because she'd likely put forth a lot of effort into learning how to be a good mother :D

After that, it gets tricky.

Pinkie Pie would likely be one of the coolest moms around - but I can see her being unable to deal with stress (as evidenced by "Baby Cakes") and being unable to discipline her children if they needed it. Fluttershy would be a very soft mother, but when it comes down to it she'd cut the crap and implore them to stop it with their monkey business, whereas Pinkie is too focused on enjoying herself. She'd take a lot of maturing, but she does have the potential to be one of the best moms out of the bunch.

RD wouldn't be a very good mother, in my opinion - she kind of strikes me as the type to just set them in front of the TV with a cereal bowl and would be too focused on wanting to be thought of as "cool" by her children to focus on being a good parent. However, she'd be good for short term care - like if one of the others needed a foal sitter for a night, they could just call "Aunt Dashie" or whatever they'd call her :D I think she'd be loved by the kids of the other mane 6, but she's just not the motherly type.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, I expected this to be a little more "appropriate", but I had pretty high expectationg.

And yes, Rarity. I know that for a fact. ;) lol

Edited by Cyan Blue

Remember, there is such a thing as moms with careers and who still manage to raise their kids well.

They all have the chance of being a mom, just mattets if the show writers (or most likely the fans) want to write such a story.

Oh, I know. There are a lot of moms who balance their careers with being a mom and I have a lot of respect for them, but I think those two would chose their careers rather than having careers and kids. 

Oh, I know. There are a lot of moms who balance their careers with being a mom and I have a lot of respect for them, but I think those two would chose their careers rather than having careers and kids.

I feel it matters the writers, the charaters are not unchanging and with enough explanation or development could all make great mothers while staying true to their dreams.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Considering how Rarity acted in Baby Cakes at the mere suggestion of foal sitting, and how very detail oriented and careful about things that she is, I don't see it.  I have to go against everyone and say I think Pinkie Pie, she's a partier and I know plenty of partiers who have become parents while not intending to. Also, going against the popular opinion, AJ, being that she loves family as much as she does, I can see her trying for a foal.  Least likely imo, are Rainbow Dash and Rarity. 

(edited)

Interesting question and since someone else has stepped on the bomb of raising it from the dead, these are my opinions based on their characters up to season 5 which is where I'm up to in watching . . . .

Surprsisingly I'd put Twlight at number 1. In Equestria girls we see her blushing and getting all flustered over Flash Sentry so that makes her the only one aside from Rarity I've noticed paying attention to the other gender and her interactions seem a lot less controlled than Rarities. Then there's the fact that she's extremely organised and I'm sure somewhere there's a checklist with (1) Meet nice Stallion, (2) Date for X time, (3) Introduce to parents, (4) date for X amount of time and so on and we all know how determined she is about her checklists going off correctly. Then there's the fact that Spike is pretty close to her child already as she raised him from an Egg so she's gotten a lot of hands on experience already and as we saw in baby cakes she was the only one who actually finished her work and came to check up on Pinky and the kids.

Rarity is the second most likely in my opinion she's very career orientated but she's also the only one of the mane 6 who's shown a consistent interest in finding a prince charming. I'm not sure she'd really want the time it would take away from her career but I see her as the most likely.

Applejack is next she's actually the most motherly in my opinion above Rarity and Twilight but she's also in charge of the apple farm and unless she stumbles on the right guy I just can't see her really having the time to date/look for a mate.

Flutteryshy loves animals and kids but she's so shy it'll be a long time till she's ready for the first step of that journey and talks to a strange stallion still as she's said baby steps, baby steps.

Pinky Pie has hidden depths she doesn't like taking responsability but she's proven she does do it not just when babysitting but in the fact she's already started planning her parents 500th birthday celebration and keeps files on every pony in ponyville. I can't see her having an accident because while she loves to party she doesn't love to get drunk so if it happened it'd be something she wanted.

Rainbow Dash is iffy she's very career orientated but she's still a teenager so her attitudes may change a bit when she gets older. Still I can see her spending a long term chasing trophy's and a place in the wonderbolts before she even thinks about settling down. On the other hand she did get very attached to Tank very fast and she actually volunteered to effectively act as Scootaloo's big sister so its not like she's actively opposed to the idea it just isn't of interest to her right now.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

You're silly if you think the main 6 are still teenagers... especially since they actually introduced teenage bodies. They at minimum in their mid twenties. Anyway... back to the topic.

I would say... Twilight or Applejack... Applejack because she actually acts like Apple Blooms mom and Twilight because she actually is a mom.

I think next would be Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy is probably the most "Motherly" of the main 6. And Pinkie Learned how to take care of babies and love doing it. Kids just naturally love to be around her. 

Rarity would be next. She doesn't really seem to like kids. She does seem the most interested in the opposite sex, however, that doesn't necessarily mean she would be a mom.

Rainbow... hah.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so 10 years after season 8's midseason I can picture the following scenarios.

Twilight Sparkle: Having one or two foals, the older one around 4yo and if there was another it would be a baby of a few months.

Applejack: Having one foal around 3yo-2yo, maybe pregnant for the second one.

Rarity: Either still searching for her impossible perfect stallion or having two foals the older one around 6yo and the younger one around 3yo.

Fluttershy: Having one foal around 1yo or dedicating herself fully to the sanctuary and her animal friends.

Rainbow Dash: Either having 3 foals of 5yo, 3yo and 1yo or dating a stallion who'll wait until she retires from the Wonderbolts.

Pinkie Pie: Dating around, maybe in a committed relationship, but still without foals.

Starlight Glimmer: Having one foal around 2yo or being unlucky in love, the second scenario comes with multiple adventures and traveling with her BFF, Trixie.

Applejack. She already has that maternal instinct/ maturity about her. I can easily see Applebloom getting all excited with a newborn around the house too, Granny Smith and Big Mac making silly faces to the baby in the crib. Just works well for her family situation imo.

It would also give Applejack a little extra depth considering she is (imo) the most consistently boring character in the show lol.

• Brohoof 2

I'm only up to season 5 so far and my personal opinion currently also draws in Equestria girls where they seem to be 14-15ish as of season 3-5 anyway. That's just me though.

• 3 years later...
On 2012-06-13 at 2:43 AM, Silly Lily said:

Fast forward 10 years. Who would most likely me a mom? (not necessarily intentionally wanting to be a mom or unintentionally or not) Basically, in the future, who of the mane cast would most likely have a pony of their own?

Hopefully somepony with experience. Fluttershy should probable be the best. Worst would be Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1