So, I was lurking on groupie.co and someone's status was:

"Expecting a new pony in the Mane 6. Preferably male."

Would you guys want a new pony in the Mane Six? Thoughts?

3WjZr.png

(edited)

So, I was lurking on groupie.co and someone's status was:

"Expecting a new pony in the Mane 6. Preferably male."

Would you guys want a new pony in the Mane Six? Thoughts?

Self-insertion!

I'm goin' to Equestria, and PBFF-ing the mane 6! :D

Edited by EASA - Matt
  • Brohoof 4

I'm a student Royal Astrophysicist that loves kindness, rationality, curiosity, open-mindedness and deep intellectual discussions! Oh, and a nice quiet evening with a book, paper, quill, and some hot cocoa!

A Deviantart Account: (and have been featured on EQD on multiple occasions) http://eagle1division.deviantart.com/

I have a fimfic: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Star%20Scraper
And I have a science tumblr! http://asksciencepony.tumblr.com/

I wouldn't mind, but the character would need a LOOOOONG introduction, about 1 series long, before she/he can be accepted into 'the mane 7'

• Brohoof 1

What makes ME a good brony?! IF I WERE A BAD BRONY, I WOULDN'T BE LOGGED ON TO THIS FORUM, DISCUSSING IT WITH YA'!!!

signature__smaller_than_small__by_theak47shooter-d532cym.png

You can't just PUT a new pony into the mane 6.

I don't like this.

• Brohoof 3

I HAD TO FALL TO LOSE IT ALL BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER /WRISTS

On 4/28/2013 at 8:13 PM, gooM said:
Djenty...man you are crazy, but an awesome sort of crazy

Adding another pony into the group would kill the show's chemistry.

I don't see that happen.

• Brohoof 4

deemobamasig.png

14 NATIONAL TITLES AND COUNTING!

MLP FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT AUGUST 14TH 7:00 CT

Should they add a male character to the Mane 6? :huh: Hmmm... when in doubt, consult Applejack! Applejack, what do you have to say to this query?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXAaGoT5eE

And there you have it. B)

• Brohoof 7

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Depends. Would it make sense, and if so, would it work out?

Well, let's see, there are 6 Elements of Harmony, including one unlike the others. Well, there you have it, the mane 6 or revolved around said Elements, and if there were to be added a seventh, which is beyond unlikely, then you would have another charcater added to the main cast.

Now, this might be off-track a little, but if there were some clever loophole around that, mayge possibly it could be Spike. No one ever said the elements had to all be harnessed by ponies. And, since he seems to be the closest friend to the mane 6 besides Celestia, and I don't see how Spike couldn't be a possible addition. That said, there aren't 7 elements, so at this point, it doesn't look like it'll happen.

• Brohoof 5

35be43d3544e00464ab762328fec3924_zpsd620432b.jpg

My journey in the fandom started on April 5, 2012. I joined here on April 24, 2012. Where that journey is headed now, who knows...

Depends. Would it make sense, and if so, would it work out?

Well, let's see, there are 6 Elements of Harmony, including one unlike the others. Well, there you have it, the mane 6 or revolved around said Elements, and if there were to be added a seventh, which is beyond unlikely, then you would have another charcater added to the main cast.

Now, this might be off-track a little, but if there were some clever loophole around that, mayge possibly it could be Spike. No one ever said the elements had to all be harnessed by ponies. And, since he seems to be the closest friend to the mane 6 besides Celestia, and I don't see how Spike couldn't be a possible addition. That said, there aren't 7 elements, so at this point, it doesn't look like it'll happen.

Agreed, Spike gets almost as much air time as the rest but still isn't counted. And forcing another element in would just make no sense at all. If a new pony came along he/she would probably be more of the supporting character like Spike is, and wouldn't be counted as the 7th Mane

• Brohoof 3

Agreed, Spike gets almost as much air time as the rest but still isn't counted. And forcing another element in would just make no sense at all. If a new pony came along he/she would probably be more of the supporting character like Spike is, and wouldn't be counted as the 7th Mane

Couldn't agree more about the new element...it would be forced...contrived

Applejack100.jpg

I think they need an alicorn member. My money goes to Woona, spirit of Adorable.

This is horse feathers!

I agree, but why're you addressing only me? owo

I take writing commissions.

"Nerds build the world, artists decorate it, warriors protect it, leaders talk everyone into doing their jobs." -me, 3 Nov 2017

"That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis!" ~Jeric

(edited)

No, because then there's a chance that I'll like them more than Rainbow Dash(in which the chances are about 1/10000000000000000000 but still...) and have to change my entire online identity to model the new pony. So no.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
Please be careful not to stretch the page with single lines of text.
  • Brohoof 2

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

Couldn't agree more about the new element...it would be forced...contrived

I agree. This late in the game, putting in a sudden new element (oh look, Twilight found a book about a seventh element!) would just come off as being strained. I also rather like that the Mane 6 are all girls. I find that in a lot of kids' shows, they try to balance things out too much by having equal amounts of genders in which case the characters then also seem to fall into stereotypical roles (and a lot of shows involving a group of boys will have at least one token girl).

However, I would quite like it if we saw more reoccurring characters the likes of which Big Macintosh, Cherilee, and Mr And Mrs Cake fall under, and wouldn't mind if maybe they were male (and not drawn weird, too many male ponies go a little too far in the redesign for my liking).

• Brohoof 1

No me gusta.

That's a terrible idea. You can't just do that to a kid's show. They didn't introduce any new members to the cast of SpongeBob later in the series.

It's ironic how I fall just to get back up again...

(edited)

Yes Spike he's just as much as a member as the others. In fact [and I just thought of this] maybe there could be an episode where Twilight accidentally turns Spike into a pony and then there could be a subplot, over the course of a few episodes, where Twilight tries to turn him into a dragon again.

Edited by E.G.G.M.A.R.E.
  • Brohoof 2

vaporeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @SylveonDon'tDropThatDedenne

I can't it happening, what they've got works too well.

And a new element would make no sense at all, especially since the whole point of the first two episodes was that the 5 elements combine to reveal the 6th.

I can't make signatures.

Sooo... yeah