Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Parents

Claudia Smoles

=Posted Image

y'know, it's a flashy red thingy, on your avatar. What is it? :0 are you a robot? oohhhh the fun begins immediatly! :D

Good to see not all parents are overprotective to the point that they refuse their kids to watch a completely harmless show.

uhmm.. that sounds.. logical enough :P

why would my parents be overprotective? I mean, they let me make my own choices, and I think that's normal, right? :)

I've got something to say to the OP.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1ShW3NUME

you mean my OP or my mom's? I might draw her one day and upload it to the forums, she'll love it :3

I've got something to say to the OP.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1ShW3NUME

BAH! EARDRUMS ARE FOR THE WEAK!

uhmm.. that sounds.. logical enough :P

why would my parents be overprotective? I mean, they let me make my own choices, and I think that's normal, right? :)

I've seen around here that some parents won't even let their kids watch the show. I think that's how Strong Hooves left.

My mom loves cartoons, but only if they're animated Disney/Pixar movies. If it's a half-hour show, she loses interest. Yet, she'll see every Disney/Pixar release that comes out. LOL. She has zero interest in My Little Pony. The funny thing is, I suspect that if my dad were still alive, he'd probably like MLP. He used to watch all kinds of fun/silly things. He even watched The Powerpuff Girls! He was the type who loved Star Trek and Star Wars as well as animated movies and shows. Gah, I miss him.

Just recently told my mom, and, well, she's cool with it! I don't think she got at first that I was talking about a new show (I know, scary, she thought I liked G1, LOL :lol: ), but I quickly explained that it's a new show, and she totally thinks it's fine. I don't think she's gonna want to watch it, but, hey, she thinks it's cool that I watch it, so... YAY! Actually, this calls for an entire song of YAY!!! TAKE IT AWAY FLUTTERSHY!!!! B)

AWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! B)

My mom knows I watch it, she's seen a bit of it, but she doesn't really care. I'd rather she liked it, but hey, better than her hating it ^_^

And my dad SAYS he doesn't mind, but he rolls his eyes everytime he sees me watching it, or wearing my Pinkie Pie shirt xD And don't even get me started on when I died my hair pink ^_^

(edited)

I'd find it really akward if my parents joined the herd.

Same here, my parents are good at snapping off the breaks on the awkward train when it comes to stuff like that. I tried playing Dungeons and Dragons with my dad once, NEVER AGAIN!

It would be cool in a way, but if they joined this site or something it would just feel...weird.

I don't really have to worry about it though since both of them seem slightly afraid of it. -_-

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

My grandpa likes the show, but my grandma could careless about it, proof that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was made for men.

men AND women! I know it's weird, but there are actually GIRLS who like my little pony. How is that possible? It's a show for men!

xD I'm a girl myself :)

I have yet to watch an episode with my parents. All they've seen are clips a few seconds long from Youtube. If I sat down in the living room with them and wanted to watch and episode they would sit through it though. They know what the show and fanbase are all about and have been very supportive.

The first time I mentioned the whole fandom to my mother she replied with "What a bunch of weirdos". Somehow I don't think I'll be watching any MLP with her anytime soon.

I showed some eps to my mom. She saw Brindle Gossip, Swarm of the century and A canterlott Wedding, the last one being her favorite. She doesn't really watch English show though, but she did say it practices her English skills :lol:

after the con my dad calls himself a "brony sympathizer"

and then preceded to watch the first 11 episodes

And so it was. I now stand before you, not only a Brony Dad, but also a full fledged member of the Herd!
  • Brohoof 2

why do they keep hiding your posts? Those are the ones I love the most :| why should their be standards to a post? That no tolerance! :(

And so it was. I now stand before you, not only a Brony Dad, but also a full fledged member of the Herd!

uhm.. welcome to the herd?

I showed some eps to my mom. She saw Brindle Gossip, Swarm of the century and A canterlott Wedding, the last one being her favorite. She doesn't really watch English show though, but she did say it practices her English skills :lol:

I know all about it :( I have to tell my mother what's happening sometimes. She isn't the best at English :P
  • Brohoof 1

My mum always wants to watch it but she doesn't speak English and I cant stand the dabbed version, so I have to translate it for her on the fly... (Well... yeah, at least I improve my translating skills, I guess) xD

• Brohoof 2

My dad just saw the Howard Stern clip on Toutube. Fuck. Take back what I saud about my parents not caring about it. I tried to explain that he intentionally uses clips from people who say the most obscene crap but he doesn't care. In your book you're pedos and I will be one one day.

I really only introduced it to my mother (as my father was surprisingly apprehensive about my interest in the show). We watched the first episode together, which she found a bit boring. Later I told her about the plot of "Bridle Gossip", and seemed far more interested, so I might be able to fully convert her later.

Strangely enough, she only seems to value it for its morals rather than its entertainment value, and wants me to write down all the things I've learned from the show. I'll admit I do watch it for the themes (among other things, of course) but that just seems redundant for me...

Anyhow, great job, everypony who's been able to get their parents interested. We'll make it a true family cartoon soon enough!

• 8 months later...

It's thanks to my stepdaughter-to-be that I started watching this show. She was only two at the time but I was watching TV with her and it came on. Since then I've been hooked. When my new baby is born and reaches the age where he/she starts watching tv, I'll definitely introduce him/her to Friendship Is Magic. It truly is an amazing show for all ages.