Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Parents

Claudia Smoles

My mom didn't join the herd, but she likes to tease me about it! Yesterday (Sunday) I was over watching "American Pickers" with her. Mike and Frank found a taxidermist mounted (very small) pony. My mom started asking me if it was one of the ponies I like! I didn't know whether to laugh or freak out! LOL! It was so creepy! We both freaked out over the taxidermy monkey with no teeth!

If any of my parents were to join the herd, it would be my mother. But either way she's been fully supportive of this fandom because it's been a positive influence, so if she wants to watch an episode, I'll show her, but on her time.

My father is indifferent and could not care less.

When my Mom first found out that I watched it she made fun of me constantly :P Then a few weeks ago she came over to my apartment and started talking about random things relating to the show. Turns out she has seen most of season 1. She's a fan, but she'll never actually admit it :lol:

My Dad thinks i'm insane, and doesn't understand why i'm a brony. He just keeps his opinions to himself since i'm an adult.

Well my mom decided to research these "bronies" on the internet.

She is now scared of the internet and thinks that I should hang out with my real friends instead of anyone on the internet :P

Whenever my dad sees me watching FiM, he starts singing the old theme song from the G1 MLP I used to watch when I was little. It's awesome :)

When we babysit my 2 year old cousin, if it happens to be on I'll switch the the tv to MLP for her to watch. My mom rolls her eyes and likely thinks Pinkie is too weird, but she'll keep watching even after my cousin is down for her nap ;) I know she'll never go out of her way to watch it or anything, but she humors me and buys me ponies on occasion, so still awesome.

That really sucks. If anything, being athletic should be an excuse to be able to do anything you want to do regardless of gender stereotypes.

what... is your left eye?

My parents could not care any less about this. My mom never really brings it up. And my dad, well my dad apparently to him everyone who watches the show is either gay or a Pedophile. I can't stand his way of thinking.

that bucks :(

my mother understands that when I like it, a lot of my age people would like it too. I love my mom :wub:

I hope your parents will understand it one day too :)

(edited)

My grandpa likes the show, but my grandma could careless about it, proof that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was made for men.

Edited by Aphelion

what... is your left eye?

that bucks :(

my mother understands that when I like it, a lot of my age people would like it too. I love my mom :wub:

I hope your parents will understand it one day too :)

I think I helped him understand it more. Still he believes I should "Lay Low" not tell anyone anyone about it. I don't think he'll understand it or like it. And I've accepted that sorta.

My mom and dad want to know what all the fuss is about now that I attended Bronycon.

My dad asked me "what would you do if I became a brony".

I responded "that would be cool".

I'd like my dad to have some interest in the show. I was quite enjoying being able to talk to him about the show. He liked the crowd at Bronycon. Thought it was nice that people were able to express themselves free of judgement and ridicule.