Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closet Bronies UNITE: Experiences and Discussion

Zero000

Definitely. It'd be nice if they disappeared completely.

I happen to like having a penis, thank you very much.

(edited)

Even though I'm female (a bit of a boyish one), I don't mind wearing pony shirts in most public, but I generally don't like most who I see often knowing about my pony fandom.

I'm fine with strangers looking at my shirt.

Edited by Harper

Not even close to closet brony.

Everyone knows.

I wear my RD necklace everyday.

Everyone questions my sexuality.

Know what I say?

I wish people would just give up on doing that with everything.

(edited)

I wear my RD necklace everyday.

Where can I get one of these? Or preferably, a Fluttershy necklace, since I already have an RD decal on my car and a Rarity shirt.

Edited by Evilshy

I am trying not to be a closet brony, but because I am active in local politics, I work in BC human resources, and would like to be seen as normal as possible, I have to be. I am all for tolerance and some of my closer friends know, but there are social standards one must follow if I would like to keep my sole source of income

I'm I guess a closet brony. Only my mom knows that I watch the show, not that I consider myself a brony, or how much I love the show. This is the only place I am open about it. Sure my desktop background is one of the pics from Baloon Party, and theres a File on my computer entilted Ponys, and there are the two drawings I did in my room. But know one is ever in my room, and my sister or mom are the only people who use my laptop, so, yeah know one else knows. If I had some MLP cloths I would wear them but I can't order any, and don't know where else to find some.

(edited)

I'm basically labeled as that weird kid you can't help but love. I openly talk about and play/do things like Pokemin, video games, comics, and other things labeled as "weird." I personally got over my phase of shoving it down peiple's throats but I still reference it IRL or make comments about it. And my facebook picture almost always includes a pony, look at my profile in herethe or anything I've posted in the Post A Picture Of Yourself thread.

My local area was ghetto.So I stoped being a closet brony and make everything 20% cooler.

good job, if I remeber correctly we talked about how you were a closet brony a few months back. Good job /) Edited by ADashOfRainbow

• 1 month later...

Are you a Public Brony or a Closet Brony?Reply to this topic! I personally am a Closet Brony I've told few friends. :wacko:

Edit: Oh and those friends are also Bronies! :lol:

One time is that my mom was in the same room, and I passed by the hub on my cable box and had MLP Fim recording.She then said "You watch My little pony?"and I said yes I do watch the show." she was fine with that. so my mom knows

Edited by djangoshiny
  • Brohoof 3

Closet Brony. I only have told family and a few friends about it. Most being bronies. 1 being a non-brony.

• Brohoof 2

Ehh, A mixture really, I don't tell people but if people pay attention to me they will notice, such as the shirt I am wearing or what I am doing. But mostly closet brony because I do still hide it.

• Brohoof 1

At first I was worried what people would think, but they I quickly realised it didn't matter and I didn't really care :)

Science then I think everyone knows, and I'm not bothered about talking loundly about it in public (I was shouting pinkie pie is best pony at Disneyland on the roller coasters all the time >< ) so I guess I'm a public brony.

But yeah, I just treat it as liking any other TV show :). I don't forcefully talk about it all the time to people (but I do make the odd reference) and I don't go up to people and say, " i like ponies do you? You should watch them ".

• Brohoof 1

I'm open about it.

I don't see a reason to keep it a secret since My Little Pony: Friendship is magic IS a television show, just like Naruto and many other animated shows, and for me they are the exact same thing but with other characters and messages.

I would never hide that i am a Narutotard, and i would never hide that i enjoy watching MLP:FIM.

• Brohoof 1

once you admit you a bronie you out of the closet... just saying its about what you think of your self not what others think of you

how ever im not too public about being a brony i don't go though town spouting MLP memes do wear the odd mlp t-shirt but i dont point it out its just a shirt.

my family and friends know i'm a MLP fan but they just dont care apart from 2 of my best friend who are hater but thats just fun

• Brohoof 1

Public I guess. I am pretty open about it and I don't care what others think about it. At first I was a closet brony but after like two months I didn't reallu care anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a closet brony, telling only family and very few friends. But now that I'm going into a new grade, I'm going to change my image a bit, stop worrying about what people think about me and let as many people as possible know that I'm a brony.

• Brohoof 1

Closet here. Although I am planning to keep dropping inconspicuous clues here and there, like uploading RD's cutie mark to my FB photos without comment and such, if I can convince myself to do it I will probably try to get a white shirt with RD cm on on chest and such little things... It's more that I want to find out whatever is there a brony amongst my friends / classmates than actually wanting to show it off.

If they ask me, I might tell them. But really, I don't go around on school computers and watch episodes in my free time (although some of my now-good-friends do.) It's a secret, but it's an easy one to figure out.