Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone dating someone through MLP FiM

Skar

My girlfriend likes ponies, and she knows I LOVE ponies. So we tease each other about liking a "show for little girls" all the time. My best bud (hi @NeonDinosGoMeow) likes ponies, though he is trying to back out of the fandom. Why? A girl he is infatuated with doesn't like ponies (anymore!)

So I need to explain to him how he needs to be true to his feelings and personality and not change himself just because he likes a girl. Is there a particular episode that has a lesson similar to this I could have him re-watch?  :lol:

But I digress. Back on my girlfriend and why she is awesome...loves ponies, plays Skyrim more than I do, and is the cheer captain. That's right. Be jealous.  ;)

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

No, but I know that one day I will find the girl for me and if she likes MLP than that is a pretty good bonus. Since I like this show and probably will for some time if she is not a hater than that is good enough for me.

Obligatory "Dang this thread be old as hell!"

To answer the question, no, I have not met or dated anyone as a result of being a fan of the show.  I have, however, become slightly closer to some lady friends of mine, as they too are fans of MLP.  Also, my cousin is a brony, which is pretty cool of him.

I suppose having a significant other who was into ponies would be rad.  But then again, having a significant other in general would be great too.

Yikes I'm lonely D:

Edited by Halfblood

Well, there is a girl I like, who I told about the show. At first, she really seemed weirded out by it, but after watching it fell in love with it. She isn't allowed to watch it anymore, or even go on these forums, but that's another story...

I found that we shared many common interests besides MLP, and even some character traits. I took her on a date and we had the time of our lives. We're great friends together, and I'm looking forward to our next date.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah....  No.....  I haven't found a significant other through MLP.  Or period.  I'll get around to it eventually.  Maybe.  If I think it's worth the trouble, which I currently don't.  Dating sounds very time consuming and complicated, and I get enough complexity from my classes.  No need to strain my brain more than I have to.

My boyfriend actually introduced me to MLP. When we first started dating, I teased him for liking it. I thought it was so silly. Buuuuuttttt.. now I'm a bigger MLP fan than he is. We race each other to see who can get farther in the series. Currently he is up to date and I'm not. I'll fix that soon enough.

Not through the show no, but I did get her into it. We sit down to watch the show on YouTube, being that we're in the UK so have to wait for someone to upload it first.

Well for me No

This is due because I'm not planning on dating any time soon.

I don't think I have the necessary requirements to date someone. I must admit I have never dated anyone in my life. This is one reason

Another reason is that I'm still developing my social skills. I'm doing great by the way. Finaly I am making some freinds. It's a working progress, but still better then this time last year, where I was alone all the time.

Anyway if I do end up dating someone, I may have to bring mlp up. The reason is that I may have to bring other stuff up as well, such as that I'm a Legend of Zelda fan, and Gremlins fan. When these things come up it may be easier to talk about mlp.

Yep, and with a member of this forums no less. Well, ex-member. She quit, though she was quite well known. Yep, my GF is kind of popular. ;) If you don't know who I'm talking about by now, it's Clarity.

I met Clarity through my love for fanfics, but it was one in particular that made a huge impact. Yours Truly by Thanqol will always hold a place in my heart as it introduced me to Clari. ;)

Seeing as Clarity quit but is still lurking, she asked me to post this for her. "Well, I met Lightning Fluttershy through MLP:FiM, more specifically through one of its fanfics, Yours Truly by Thanqol. It brought us together as just friends at first, then eventually we became an "Internet couple" ;)"

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Yep, and with a member of this forums no less. Well, ex-member. She quit, though she was quite well known. Yep, my GF is kind of popular. ;) If you don't know who I'm talking about by now, it's Clarity.

I met Clarity through my love for fanfics, but it was one in particular that made a huge impact. Yours Truly by Thanqol will always hold a place in my heart as it introduced me to Clari. ;)

Seeing as Clarity quit but is still lurking, she asked me to post this for her. "Well, I met Lightning Fluttershy through MLP:FiM, more specifically through one of its fanfics, Yours Truly by Thanqol. It brought us together as just friends at first, then eventually we became an "Internet couple" ;)"

Keep in mind, folks, that Clari almost could've been mah date if I had decided sooner. Something tells me she would've said no anyways <_<.

• Brohoof 1

Keep in mind, folks, that Clari almost could've been mah date if I had decided sooner. Something tells me she would've said no anyways <_<.

96911.jpeg

Listen to Napoleon Dynamite here. Should have acted sooner spas. Besides, is it worth dwelling on this publicly on the forums?

• Brohoof 1

Keep in mind, folks, that Clari almost could've been mah date if I had decided sooner. Something tells me she would've said no anyways

Listen to Napoleon Dynamite here. Should have acted sooner spas. Besides, is it worth dwelling on this publicly on the forums?

Now, now, fellas, be nice.  You two are the most engaging frenemies I have met on this forum.  :)

I guess you could say I'm dating someone through MLP:FiM because my special somepony is a Brony.  But I actually first met her in the Powerpuff Girl fandom.  ;)  

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately no, I don't share MLP with others IRL, so nopony knows in the first place, plus I don't think I'm exactly the most stunning guy ever so I'm lost for the first impressions that would draw in any girls.

So I just wait patiently, I actually have a crush on a girl, but thats another topic for another time :P. I dunno if she'll like MLP infact her brother doesn't like it all from what I can tell, and we're friends.

So yeah its a bit complicated, as of now I don't really think I'll be asking her out or anything, but anyways I'll stop rambling on about my love life. Simply put no I don't really discuss MLP with anyone IRL and I've not met any dates in general anyways, Online or off for any amount of time.

yeah i'm in a relationship with another member on the forums Obsidian_Winter, we met though an RP...... ok it started with us arguing with one another.

but its nice, shes a great girl and i can't wait to meet her at brony con 

Edited by PonyEcho

no, though since bronies are mostly men, straight men, yeah I don't see my chances improving if I stay that course

none of my friends are huge fans, though most grew up with it so see it in a vastly different light. They don't call me a brony, don't feel I am one and would be ultra pissed if I became more steriotypical with it (eg brony shirts)

something I wouldn't do anyway but still

• 8 years later...