Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone dating someone through MLP FiM

Skar

Topic title is self explanatory. Just have you got a girlfriend or boyfriend because you both liked MLP: FiM.

(Perhaps you were in town seen them with a MLP T-shirt or Keychain and began a chat about it.)

Yes, one day I was at a Starbucks with my friends spouting off Trixie quotes when this handsome lass came over and enjoyed my rhetoric. We talked and had a few dates. I got her to join this board. Her name is Tom the Diamond :3

If you really believe this, haha you got fooled. But rly, Tom is smexy :3

• Brohoof 3

whys that :( ?

and i wish i was! lol

they think that the love I have for the show is immature and that I'm wasting time of these forums .

They told me that everyone on here are just werido, creeps, who no one will ever love etc etc.

And after 3 days of working on a script with other ponies, they insulted it, saying no one will want to watch this crap.

^ clearly this upsets me and starts fights that never get resolved ~

Sorry to rant :/ I normally don't share my personal life online, but it's really starting to get to me.

The worst part is... that when I get upset they say "wow, you're making a big deal out of nothing, they are just stupid ponies" and when I explain my feelings they fall of deaf ears.. ~

• Brohoof 3

"I-DEAAAAAAA!" - Rarity

Let's start a dating website for bronies! You search for guys/gals within your state/province or region and then see how things go from there.

Like datingismagic.com

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 5

Sometimes I do rather feel like that though ._.

Yes, but if you're gf said that about people you like and care about (and I really care about all of you) it would upset you.

it hurts because I love you all so much..

well, Feather Spiral here enjoys the show, sooo...

though we didn't meet because of MLP. hell, neither of us had any idea what it was back then!

it's nice that you meet someone via your favorite show, though if that's the only thing you have in common and date for, i dunno.

"I-DEAAAAAAA!" - Rarity

Let's start a dating website for bronies! You search for guys/gals within your state/province or region and then see how things go from there.

Like datingismagic.com

yeahhhhh

no

lets not.

• Brohoof 2

"I-DEAAAAAAA!" - Rarity

Like datingismagic.com

I would actually want that ._.

• Brohoof 2

Nope. No interest in love or romance whatsoever, for me, I feel its a little early to worry about having a girlfriend or (I'm not gay) a boyfriend. From ponies, I have friends and am a little closer to the few friends I have in real life. :) Edited by Samthelegoman
  • Brohoof 1

they think that the love I have for the show is immature and that I'm wasting time of these forums .

They told me that everyone on here are just werido, creeps, who no one will ever love etc etc.

And after 3 days of working on a script with other ponies, they insulted it, saying no one will want to watch this crap.

Sorry to rant :/ I normally don't share my personal life online, but it's really starting to get to me.

The worst part is... that when I get upset they say "wow, you're making a big deal out of nothing, they are just stupid ponies" and when I explain my feelings they fall of deaf ears.. ~

I'm really sorry to hear that Shankveld.

Having to avoid conflict with those who are unable to see MLP:FIM under the same light as us can be quite a strenuous situation. After all, they are the people you love and hold dear, but at the same time it's frustrating to see them dismiss your affection for both the show and an online community as something negligible that doesn't follow the general consensus which most have generally accepted since a young age.

Prior to my experiences with both the internet and the show itself, I used to have quite a similar mindset. It's understandable that people jump to the conclusion that any form of online friendship that does not involve physical contact should be considered shallow and valueless, seeing as ultimately, face to face relationships are the only thing they've ever known.

As challenging as it may be, try not to let others opinions spark any sort of vexation, and instead state your stance on the situation, and try to leave it at that (easier said than done, I know). There are some things in life that simply cannot be conveyed to others without experiencing them first hand, and both MLP and these forums fall under that; you can attempt to rationalise with your loved ones till you're blue in the face, but you're likely to have about as much success as arguing with a brick wall.

Stand by your convictions, and in time they'll come around to accept them, as good friends do.

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, one day I was at a Starbucks with my friends spouting off Trixie quotes when this handsome lass came over and enjoyed my rhetoric. We talked and had a few dates. I got her to join this board. Her name is Tom the Diamond :3

If you really believe this, haha you got fooled. But rly, Tom is smexy :3

That is more hilarious then it deserves to be.

But yeah, to answer the topic question, no.

In fact, I don't know anypony in real life who likes MLP.

One of the drawbacks of living in small town in the middle of nowhere, south-east USA. No one in 100 square miles understands the internet.

And if they do they only use facebook.

i've gotten a lot closer to one of my female friends due to us both liking the show. we arent dating, but she'd probably say yes if i asked her out. sadly, she moved recently and now lives a good 45-60 minutes from me, and she cant drive. while i wouldnt mind driving that far, my wallet would :(

anyway, the only girl im really interested in i have dated before, but she doesnt like relationships for some reason not even she knows completely. anyway, she was always really nervous around me because she thought she wasnt being a good girlfriend (even though ive explained multiple times that she doesnt need to act any different to be the most awesome girl ive ever met), which in turn made me nervous (because i felt bad for making her nervous), and it got to the point where we didnt do much together at all.

so we broke up and became friends. we've been really close friends for the past 2-3 years, go on dates every now and then, and still nurture feelings for each other. but we arent "officially" dating, so she doesnt feel weird about me taking her to dinner and a movie. she doesnt mind that i sometimes go on casual dates with other female friends of mine, and i wouldnt mind if she did the same, although she says she hasnt found anyone else she likes as much as me (i am so lucky :wub: )

so we have a weird relationship, but its a good one, and we're both happy with it. dont know what i did to deserve her, but i must have single-handedly averted a world war in a past life or something, because she is so amazing and she could do so much better than me.

italics arent enough to emphasize that last statement, but bolding it, royal canterlot voice, etc. would look stupid :/

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

That would be awesome if i did have a girlfriend like that because then we would have something in common that we both love :) Too bad im so shy talking to girls tho..... D:

Same situation, having MLP as a commonality in a relationship is an awesome thought though. I'm a bit on the shy side when it comes to meeting anyone new really. Unless we have commonalities it’s difficult to just waltz up and start talking outta the blue.

Same situation, having MLP as a commonality in a relationship is an awesome thought though. I'm a bit on the shy side when it comes to meeting anyone new really. Unless we have commonalities it’s difficult to just waltz up and start talking outta the blue.

Yea it sucks big time. It's hard for me starting up a conversation with new people :P

^^^ Exactly the time when you say something THEY like is immature. My friend likes tech n9ne and hate on MLP, I told him that I'm doing something educational and NOT giving into a drug abuser's oppinions.
  • Brohoof 1

"I-DEAAAAAAA!" - Rarity

Like datingismagic.com

I see it being a good idea at the start, but it might not be as popular as you'd think..