Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Turned Anyone Into a Brony?

Miss Dash.

I've tried, and I've definitely gotten people to become interested in it (but not a big fan) / see why people like it so much to begin with / hate it less, but I can't recall any time I really truly inducted anyone into the fandom.  I have a couple guys I've known for years that I KNOW FOR SURE would love the show and I've tried time and again to get them into it, but at first it was "I dunno, that seems weird" then it became "The fandom around it seems a little crazy" then it became "but there are so many episodes now" then it became "BUT I MISSED THE EARLY DAYS, which seemed like they were the best days, now i'm sad about it ;n;" (WHICH THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE MISSED IF THEY HAD JUST WATCHED DURING THE "that seems weird" phase!!!  What silly fillies!!!)

I will still try, though, as I meet more people that seem even remotely like they would be interested in such things.  I am, after all, a huge cartoon enthusiast and I like to let people know about the awesome cartoons around, especially if they're adults or generally more into anime and might not even realize how much awesome Western-made kids' cartoons actually still exist.  And FiM is, after all, the very best of them right now if you ask me, and continues to be.

• 6 months later...

Yeah..., I'm not sure if that's a milestone of Bronydom or not, but a friend of mine is now obsessed with the show. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Actually, my first reaction was "what have I done?!" I decided to show Friendship is Magic parts 1 and 2 to my friend, and he kept saying "one more episode", so we ended up watching the first five. Umm...yeah, his reaction to the show was much better than I was expecting. In fact, he seems to be more obsessed with it than I was when I first started watching it.

Have I just committed a great sin? It's too late for me. I fell down the rabbit hole back in April and have yet to crawl back out of it. Now it may be too late for my friend too. On the other hand, I might have another companion for BronyCan going forward.:)

• Brohoof 7

Heh, reminds me of when I introduced ponies to my boyfriend a couple weeks ago. He kept asking "Can we watch another?" and to this day he still asks to watch ponies every day. I'm already running out of episodes to watch with him. :P

I did that to my boyfriend too. He tried to resist, but there was no escape for him  :sneer:

(muahaha)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah..., I'm not sure if that's a milestone of Bronydom or not, but a friend of mine is now obsessed with the show. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Actually, my first reaction was "what have I done?!" I decided to show Friendship is Magic parts 1 and 2 to my friend, and he kept saying "one more episode", so we ended up watching the first five. Umm...yeah, his reaction to the show was much better than I was expecting. In fact, he seems to be more obsessed with it than I was when I first started watching it.

Have I just committed a great sin? It's too late for me. I fell down the rabbit hole back in April and have yet to crawl back out of it. Now it may be too late for my friend too. On the other hand, I might have another companion for BronyCan going forward. :)

First, you should be proud of yourself for having done what is a very good thing for your friend. There's nothing wrong with introducing a friend or anyone to a show as good as this and it's definitely a good thing to have someone else you can share BronyCon with so, yeah, you did the right thing. Good job! :D

• Brohoof 2

First, you should be proud of yourself for having done what is a very good thing for your friend. There's nothing wrong with introducing a friend or anyone to a show as good as this and it's definitely a good thing to have someone else you can share BronyCon with so, yeah, you did the right thing. Good job! :D

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I suppose it was inevitable. My friend was aware I was a closet fan of a certain TV show for a while, and he wanted to see it at some point. All I did was show it to him. It will be good to have someone else to talk to about the show now. I have absolutely no plans to introduce him to clopping though. He's getting married and I want him to have a long and happy marriage.:P

You helped show him that just because a show has little pony in the title doesn't mean it's for wimps. That was a very brave and heroic act on your part, I applaud you! :) Now you have someone to share your interests with too.

Edited by SergeantShy
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah! owo Back in like 2012-2013 I got my friends reeeally involved in the show and fandom, they each had sweet oc's and we would rp together. Now they've kinda left the fandom and don't associate themselves with mlp anymore, but it was fun while it lasted.

Two friends of mine so far. Downside = one of my friends said he had lost all respect for me. I want to show him my Facebook cover though, just to see what he says:

img-559992-1-319445_390794530985170_7646

that image of little fluttershy is so awesome

I didn't convert somepony yet but I was converted

I did once, back in 2011. I converted my best friend at that school. I remember when I first told him (topic of fav. t.v. shows) and he said it was gay, naturally. I told him to check it out and a few days later, or the next day, I don't remember it was years ago, he told me he was now a brony and he watched it with his little sister.

Although he left the fandom after season 3 premiere for w/e reason. Now... should I try to get my current best friend into it? I kind of want to but at the same time I don't... it doesn't help we watched stuff on the cringe channel and so his only exposure to bronies were... well those deemed losers by society. If it ever comes up I might do something about it, or if he asks about the things I've carefully strewn out on my desk/comp.

Yes, I turned my little sister into a Brony. Which wasn't really hard but still.

I'm also slowly turning my friend around. She starting to show some interest.

My brother was the one who turned me into a Brony. It was only a matter of time before I started convincing other as well

Kinda. I said to my friend, "I watch MLP:FiM, It's alright," and then he started to search for episodes online (I think hoping to make fun of me) and it got kind of awkward. He was like "This one?" and I was like "No I hate that one" even though I actually do like it. I showed him the fight in the Season 4 finale and then he said "I'm gonna watch it from season 1 now."

I'm not so sure though, because he might be watching it for shits and giggles. Nevertheless, he's a good friend and I trust him enough to not make such a big deal out of it. You never know, it might draw him in *evil laugh*

Edited by Simeon1311

I haven't converted anybody to being a brony however I did convert one of my friends from being a brony hater to being understanding of bronies, they said they won't watch the show because they dislike the animation style.