Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Turned Anyone Into a Brony?

Miss Dash.

(edited)

I did "convert" my brother into one, but he doesn't seem too mad about it, as he's gotten through episode 3 of the first season or so.

I don't have MLP merchandise yet, but I will at some point, which may convince people to watch it as well.

(It will be 2cool4them)

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

I converted about 500 persons into Bronies with the help of my YouTube channel. I simply showed them that My Little Pony was much more then just a show for little girls. I even turned MLP haters into Bronies.

(edited)

I did just recently as a matter of fact, this one girl is helping me get my exit strategy together (get out of the hellhole I call work, realize my dreams as an author and get back to school) and I told her about the show and the fandom. She is very open minded and willing to try new things so we actually watched Mmmmystery on The Friendship Express together, she liked the episode and actually said a few days later (I am so hooked on this show). Her favorite in Pinkie Pie which dosen't surprise me because she has that same upbeat attitude but she also likes Applejack which makes this Applejack fanboy very happy. And she also showed her niece and nephew the show and they apparently like it as well the nephew has Rainbow Dash as his favorite and the niece likes Applejack.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Here is a rambling story from last week:

I went to a party last friday, and I "happened" to be wearing an MLP t-shirt. I didn't plan on starting any conversations about the show myself, but perhaps somebody else would ask about it. This was the first time I wore pony stuff around any of my friends btw.

So, a good friend of mine (who's not a brony) noticed the shirt pretty quickly, mainly because his cousin from Denmark apparently voices the danish Scootaloo! ohmy.png So, that's pretty epic. He said he would watch the first episode now, to see if it's any good.

Also, some girl I didn't know beforehand noticed the shirt and got quite excited. She thought it was awesome to "party with a brony", as she had heard of the phenomenon but bronies are not that common where I live.

Another good friend who overheard these conversations asked what it was all about. By now, my brony-confidence level was getting pretty high, and so was the alcohol level in my blood, so I was getting kinda fanboyish. I pretty much rambled on about how the show and the fandom was the greatest experience ever. laugh.png Luckily, I think he is pretty open to this kind of stuff, and he was as drunk as I was, so he enthusiastically said that he had to check the show out now. Another person tried to enter the conversation at this point, but in the end left unconvinced.

So in the end, perhaps 1 or 2 brony recruits and an all around positive experience of going public with being a brony.

Ironically, the next day a 6 year old girl asked why I was wearing an MLP shirt, and gave me a really weirded out look. huh.png  Her mom defended me though and asked if I wanted some leftover mlp toys. laugh.png

Eh... I haven't, actually. I don't usually run around telling people about MLP unless they ask me about it. In fact, very few people - my family and a close friend of mine - know that I watch the show.

A few weeks ago, when this close friend of mine that I just mentioned was sleeping over, I randomly put on an episode (I believe it was Too Many Pinkie Pies) and we started watching it. When we finished and I turned around to ask her if she liked it, she replied: "Meh... 'twas good... I guess... Now let's do something else."

So yeah... I guess I failed. :3

My 3 year old cousin is sort of a brony...I ask him if he likes ponies and he always says yes and also he always tries to play with my MLP merchandise wub.png But i guess a 3 year old doesn't really count laugh.png My friends say they think the show is okay but a little cheesy...One of them knows all the lyrics to a MLP song so i would say i half turned them into Pegasisters. Then i am trying to get another cousin of mine to be a Brony...but only thing he has said about the show is that if he had to pick a favorite pony it would be Rainbow Dash :)

I have converted two pegasisters. I kept telling my two best friends about how awesome the show is. They were like "No...isn't it for like 4 year olds?" Then I forced them into watching it and now their all like "Pinkie and Rarity are best ponies." :)

Yes! I've converted a brony who converted all his friends (though I wont take credit for his assimilations).

When I first joined here, a bunch of people wanted to add me on skype and so I made one and it was Discord themed to match my user profile (my name is still Discord on there, heh). Anyway, I got my other online friends from MSN to add me on skype and a few asked about what Discord was. One friend was pretty jokey about it but was intrigued to watch the Discord episodes. Next thing I know, he's having an all-night MLP marathon!

He's a pretty dedicated fan now :) Once upon a time, I got him to join these forums... but he kinda didn't stick around. Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

i have converted now 2 bronies and one pegasister 

ii didn't really push them into watching the show they sort of came to me about it  after i had been converted

now most of our group has started to watch the show  

(edited)

I have made only 1 person into a Brony, maybe 2. Given how anti social I am non-Internet wise, I'd say job well done. :P My town is very small and I do not get out much anyways, so the odds of me doing that more are slim.

Edited by Kyoshi

I've converted quite a few people (having been a brony for quite a long time), but the most notable example I can think of is one of my close friends. He thought the show was a complete joke at first, until I convinced him to watch a few episodes. He poked fun at me for watching it, thinking it could only appeal to little girls. After he watched the first episode, he said "Meh". I convinced him to watch a few more, and he watched the entirity of the first season in two nights.

I've converted two people. This very open-minded kid at college was so easy to convert. I just showed him several clips and he was already hooked.

I then was in the music room talking to this kid about it. He wanted to know was so interesting in it. I told him that despite being a kids show, there is quite a bit of action. I showed him the Sonic Rainboom episode, and lo and behold, he was hooked right away. 

• Brohoof 1

I tried to turn one of my teachers, Ms. Prifti into a pegasister. But it didn't go out well. I did a presentation about the show and how NON-BABYISH it is, she liked it but she isn't a pegasister. But I did turn my mum into a pegasister :D

Ah, more tails of conversions going well. Most excellent. I'll be sending out more cult robes as soon as possible.

In other news, I'm currently working on getting my cousin into the show. He started to express interest after my brother and I kept making jokes about the show; he said it sounded pretty cool. He then saw a bunch of funny pictures about the show online, and then when my brother and I said we were going to watch some episodes together, he said he wanted to see some. So we watched "Sonic Rainboom", then "One Bad Apple", and then "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000". He now says he likes the show and that his favorite pony is Applejack. Hard to tell if he'll stick to it, but I think I've successfully transformed him into a Brony.

To complete the Brony-conversion ritual, we'll be painting him up like Applejack at Midnight and making him buck apple trees in the dark forest behind my house. Wish him luck.

Well, I just said that they should give the show a try. I'm not all up in their faces about ponies. 

Got about.. Three others into the show. It's nice when you can discuss Equestria Girls/MLP with friends and share opinions, without forcing them to watch the show :)

I've actually converted 2... Sorta

My first brony friend I met actually had another friend who I became friends with. Then, she pretty much got tired of me and her friend saying and joking about things she didn't understand.  So, I told her about the show and the first episode she watched was 'Hurricane Fluttershy'. Then, she said she really like it!

Also, my 3 year old cousin sat and watched 'Magic Duel' with me, and kept yelling at Trixie for being mean! Then he told my Pinkie Pie plush he loved her! wub.png

I've turned around five people into bronies. They all started out like, "My Little Pony is for dorks!" Once I showed them the first two episodes and they're part of the fandom. :3 Funny thing I should mention: my little cousin caught me watching MLP once. She said it was weird.

I haven't converted anyone, as I was converted myself quite recently. But as Yesfan90125 said, I'm not a member of the Church of Bronies. My only question is... where do I sign up for this CoB? tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tried to convert a friend of mine. He came over to my place, and well, this place is pretty ponified right now. I've been pretty open with my brony-ness lately so he already knew about it. He kinda laughed at me when he saw all this stuff though.

Finally he said: "Well, show me an episode then." So I did. He was not completely sold on it though, so I sort of made him watch another one. In the end, he was not that sure if he liked it anyway. He seemed quite skeptical, but he did see some qualities in the show. 

I was a bit dissapointed, but I remembered that for a lot of us, this obsession sort of grew over time in our minds.

So maybe, just maybe, I have planted a seed that will hopefully take root some day. (okay, that sounded disgusting sorry)

Well, this CoD WAW haxor (I hate those who hack WaW, beautiful online without godmode BS) and I started talking one day on PS3, and I had a clan tag with MLP in it. He asks me if I'm a brony, of course I say I am, he says he's seen some youtube poop with ponies in it, and they were kinda funny. So I tell him he should watch the series. A couple days later he's sad because his grandmother's using his phone (can't watch it there) his uncle's near him (TV+ponies+uncle=getting mocked) and his PC has some pretty bad viruses, so he can't use that to watch ponies. I think he likes ponies now.