Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Grimdark MLP Fanfics and Creepypasta

falzar

i know there is already a favorite fanfiction topic but i don't want to know what your favorite fanfiction overall is i just want grimdark recommendations i only know of three but they are my 3 favorite fanfictions they are sweet apple masicure (I think i spelled that correctly) cupcakes and rocket to insanity if you know any others i would appreciate it if you at least tell me and if possible post a link youtube or a website with it posted will do. thank you

• Brohoof 2

i know there is already a favorite fanfiction topic but i don't want to know what your favorite fanfiction overall is i just want grimdark recommendations i only know of three but they are my 3 favorite fanfictions they are sweet apple masicure (I think i spelled that correctly) cupcakes and rocket to insanity if you know any others i would appreciate it if you at least tell me and if possible post a link youtube or a website with it posted will do. thank you

Yay some sweet time to advertise Um, I am working on one right now, I would like some feedback, its a little dark, once finished, it will be really good, you can read the first three chapters here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4895/Fall-of-Harmony

Cheerilees's garden is preetty gorey, but it left me shock for quite a while and they kill multiple characters so I think it's a good grimdark :)

Part 1:

Ouker you ninja'd me

Edited by Pinkazoid

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Cupcakes so you're not alone. Rarity's New Dress and Sweet Apple Massacre are absolute shit, so don't bother with those. I wanna check out Rainbow Factory and Cherilee's Garden soon though.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Cupcakes so you're not alone. Rarity's New Dress and Sweet Apple Massacre are absolute shit, so don't bother with those. I wanna check out Rainbow Factory and Cherilee's Garden soon though.

I've heard good things about the last two fics. I have yet to check them out.

The only ones I've read was Cupcakes and Evilshy's sequel to Cupcakes "Kindred Spirit".

I thought the original Cupcakes was rubbish. The concept was good but the fic itself failed to please me! As for Evilshy's sequel. It was made to have NO GORE! I thought that this actually improved the fiction. Just goes to show that you don't need blood and guts to write a brutal dark murder!

I've been planning to write my own grimdark fic about ponies... well about Ponies indirectly. There are ponies in the fic, but they are not murdered. Instead a few human victims and completely insane serial killer set the stage along with his imaginary Ponies!

Edited by Colton Manestache
  • Brohoof 1

Cupcakes: A good story. But not enough backstory, and it was too short

Rainbow Factory: Damnit, I cried. Especially in the unofficial ending where Rainbow Dash sacrifices herself to save Scootaloo...

Cheerilee's Garden: Well written, and MUCH gorier than Rainbow Factory but it didn't tug at my emotions like Rainbow Factory did.

Edited by Aureity

• 1 month later...

I'm not one for fanfics... There are too many. And frankly, most of them suck. I tried writing a few, never finished one; but have tons of unpublished titles of ones I thought I would write. They all suck too. However I have read a few of the 'required' ones for being in the community. :P

I don't know about scariest... A lot of people say it's cupcakes, but honestly I thought it was hilarious... Maybe I'm just sick and twisted...

As for saddest, I'd probably go with My Little Dashie.

I guess I would say Cupcakes was the scariest (and also the first) MLP fanfiction that I read. It really went grimdark for the sake of being shocking and disturbing and not much else, but it was very effective in that regard. I was hoping Rainbow Factory would be creepy, but it didn't do it for me as well as Cupcakes. But I did like that one.

Saddest one was My Little Dashie, so far. I haven't read many tear-jerker fics, but that one is the main one I would say.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a big fan of horror or grimdark, but the most famous dark fics are Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre. May not be the scariest, but they're the most well-known for being grimdark.

I'm not a big fan of horror or grimdark, but the most famous dark fics are Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre. May not be the scariest, but they're the most well-known for being grimdark.

Cupcakes is awesome. Sweet Apple Massacre sucks.

IMO there are no scary fanfics.

Silent Ponyville Chronicles

I love this series. It mixes FiM and Silent Hill mythology so well, you can read it without knowing anything at all about the Silent Hill series, and it will make perfect sense. The first book is the best, but the author has done a great job of keeping the concept interesting throughout the entire series. I'm really loving this third and possibly final book; its the most original of the three, and really shows how far the concept has moved from being a straight up mirror of Silent Hill to something uniquely FiM.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere Only We Know and My little Dashie are perhaps two of the more well known sadfics in the fandom, so sooner than later I was bound to read them. As for how they made me feel, well I didn't cry but they did evoke an emotion of pitty

for whatever reason,

when I read (anything fanfics included) it never provokes fear or sadness in me.

I've never even blinked an eye,

but I cry all the time watching tv/movies.

Maybe it's because I'm dyslexic? ~

Somewhere Only We Know and My little Dashie are perhaps two of the more well known sadfics in the fandom, so sooner than later I was bound to read them. As for how they made me feel, well I didn't cry but they did evoke an emotion of pitty

I think MLD is way overrated,

and found it horribly written..

I think MLD is way overrated,

and found it horribly written..

I'm pretty sure you only hate it because you don't like Rainbow Dash.

I'm sure if it was called "My Little Rarity" you would love it.

• Brohoof 1