Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Cadance's parents

Spatsi

OK, as we can read here : http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Cadance , Cadence is niece of Celestia. Does it mean that she is Luna's daughter? Or maybe Celestia has another sister we don't know about? And who is Cadence's father?

My theory is that Luna used to have a husband who was male alicorn, and Cadence is their daughter. He's dead now for some reason, that's why he didn't appear at the wedding.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

The color's wouldn't make sense, she is more like Celestia then Luna ?

Then again this may mean nothing as parent's color's seem to be unrelated to offspring.

• Brohoof 2

The color's wouldn't make sense, she is more like Celestia then Luna ?

There's no connection between parent's and children's color. Just take a look at Pinkie's family.

• Brohoof 4

*Spoiler from season 3

Posted Image

Look at that description

It's very possible that Celestia have an actual army of nieces and nephews outside the Royal Palace of Equestria. Considering that she calls Blueblood as her nephew and Luna is practically on a thousand-years-time-out when he was born, it's possible that Celestia has a foster sister which was his mother, or Celestia simply calls any other royalty as her nieces and nephews

There is also another possibilities that Cadence parents maybe a Royalty from Crystal Empire which Celestia had already considered her family

Posted Image

Look at all that bling...

Edited by Dreamwalker

Maybe Luna has divorced with Cadence's Father.Or he maybe died.I think they divorced.

But Luna isn't in the age to marry.As in the episode "Luna Eclipsed" Pinkie says "She's(Luna is) old as me how can she gobble me up?".

Princess Cadence

Favorite color: pink

Favorite food: cinnamon rolls

Favorite word: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Parents: Prince Vegeta and Queen Serenity

• Brohoof 1

OK, as we can read here : http://mlp.wikia.com...rincess_Cadance , Cadence is niece of Celestia. Does it mean that she is Luna's daughter? Or maybe Celestia has another sister we don't know about? And who is Cadence's father?

My theory is that Luna used to have a husband who was male alicorn, and Cadence is their daughter. He's dead now for some reason, that's why he didn't appear at the wedding.

What do you think?

If Cadence is Luna's daughter, how come Luna didn't bother to show up at the wedding? I would have been very upset if my mom didn't bother to come to my wedding!

If Cadence is Luna's daughter, how come Luna didn't bother to show up at the wedding? I would have been very upset if my mom didn't bother to come to my wedding!

Luna sleeps at Day because she raises the Moon.As you know at the end of the episode of "Canterlot Wedding Part 2" Luna came.SHE SLEEPS AT DAY lolz.

Maybe Luna has divorced with Cadence's Father.Or he maybe died.I think they divorced.

But Luna isn't in the age to marry.As in the episode "Luna Eclipsed" Pinkie says "She's(Luna is) old as me how can she gobble me up?".

Are you sure she didn't say "She's as big as me"? I mean, Luna was trapped in the moon for 1000 years, I'd hope she'd be older than Pinkie Pie.

Princess Cadence

Where'd you get that from? :huh:

Princess Cadence

Did Luna come down with a case of Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis while being banished to the moon? I just Googled it (I thought you made it up!) It's a disease caused by the prolonged inhalation of fine siliceous dust. You could totally get that on the moon! If Vegeta is her dad, can she do the Kamehameha wave? Wait a minute, could Vegeta? I didn't get that far yet in Dargonball!

Luna sleeps at Day because she raises the Moon.As you know at the end of the episode of "Canterlot Wedding Part 2" Luna came.SHE SLEEPS AT DAY lolz.

This sounds silly. She didn't come to her daughter's wedding cause she was sleeping? More reasonable explanation would be that she had some important duties during the wedding.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds silly. She didn't come to her daughter's wedding cause she was sleeping? More reasonable explanation would be that she had some important duties during the wedding.

If my mom didn't show up at my wedding, and claimed it was because she was sleeping, there would be a reckoning!

Are you sure she didn't say "She's as big as me"? I mean, Luna was trapped in the moon for 1000 years, I'd hope she'd be older than Pinkie Pie.

Its true that she has been trapped but while she was trapped her age didn't grow.She was always like herself on the episode.

I don't think she is Luna's daughter because she doesn't look like her and they probaby would have mentioned that. She could be distant relative you know? I'm not entirely sure.

She´s not Luna´s daughter, silly filly. If it was so, they would totally mention it. You could say the same about Blueblood (well, after all, he´s not an alicorn while all the royals are.. :blink: ) . They´re just a huge royal family, they´re somehow related, they´re probably distant relatives but she calls Celestia auntie because, you know, it´s easier than "sister of my greatgrandcousin´s mother´s brother´s greatgrandson".

After all, Chrystalis is also an Alicorn, and she´s queen after all. She might be her mother... (Insert Stacy´s mom song here). The quote "The only other girl I will love you will call you mom" makes sense finally. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie did call Luna as big as her, not as old. Even though she's bigger.

And I doubt... Well, eh. The real answer is that she's just there--relations and continuity not directly related to the events of the show aren't something they're going to be too concerned with, considering the target audience.

That is an idea, but I don't think Luna is Cadence's mother. For one thing Cadence would hold a grudge for sealing her mother away into the moon and would not like Celestia that much. Also we don't know if Cadence shares the same immortality power as Celestia and Luna. Plus there could be other members of the royal family we don't know about, so more info is need.

Also I know a lot of you are saying that they don't look a like, but a baby pony has a 50% chances of looking like their parents. I mean look at Pound and Pumpkin. Pumpkin looks just like her dad, but Pound looks nothing like them.

My belief is that the word "niece" is a simple way of saying, "The daughter of my 5th cousin twice removed" or something like that. Don't read to much into, but yeah, we wouldn't be good bronies if we didn't over analyze, huh? ;)

As mentioned if Cadence was Luna's daughter they would have said so, we will have to see in season three if they say who her parents are. Cadence could be an adopted neice, after all she did grow up in Canterlot. Plus I have a theory that neither Celstia or Luna can have children or else they lose their immortality

Well, It's weird. I do not know who Cadence's parents are. We also have Prince Blueblood too, who I think is the...nephew? If so, she could either be the sister or adopted sister of Prince Blueblood. Sure they have two different colored coats, but Applejack and Applebloom have different colored coats, so...yeah.

Anyways, I hope they reveal this info in season 3. Also, for Cadence's toy, they made her look just like the pink Princess Celestia that was released in stores. Just thought that was pretty hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

Where'd you get that from? :huh:

I made it up myself.

Did Luna come down with a case of Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis while being banished to the moon? I just Googled it (I thought you made it up!) It's a disease caused by the prolonged inhalation of fine siliceous dust. You could totally get that on the moon! If Vegeta is her dad, can she do the Kamehameha wave? Wait a minute, could Vegeta? I didn't get that far yet in Dargonball!

I just thought it sounded funny. Wasn't drawing any actual connections to the show.

Don't go to a DBZ forum. Vegeta never did the Kamehameha Wave. His favorite attacks were the Gallic Gun and Big Bang Attack. That's right, Vegeta is so powerful, he can make the universe.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Okay. No offense, but clearly everyone is missing the obvious. Luna is not Cadence's mother.Luna was trapped on the moon for a thousand years. Cadence is not a natural alicorn or immortal, so Luna could not have had her before she was banished. Which means that there must be a third sister. That is just plain fact, now comes the part where I make a crazy random guess that just might be right. What if the third sister is Harmony ,itself. The Elements of Harmony. The remains of the third and most powerful sister that lives on. And the tree of Harmony, maybe it is sort of like Thalia in Percy Jackson. Harmony is still alive but trapped as a tree. Maybe she gave birth to Cadence(love), when in tree form. That is just a guess I mean there are basically three possibilities of what happened to the third sister. She could be trapped somewhere(like a tree), dead(i guess she would be immortal, but it is still possible, right), or she did some thing super evil and got banished, exiled and erased from history books(that would make sense but it doesn't seem likely that it would happen to Harmony, if of course the third sister is Harmony). So there is my theory for you. Please respond if you see any flaws or have other tips or evidence. B)