Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Cadance's parents

Spatsi

Okay. No offense, but clearly everyone is missing the obvious. Luna is not Cadence's mother.Luna was trapped on the moon for a thousand years. Cadence is not a natural alicorn or immortal, so Luna could not have had her before she was banished. Which means that there must be a third sister. That is just plain fact, now comes the part where I make a crazy random guess that just might be right. What if the third sister is Harmony ,itself. The Elements of Harmony. The remains of the third and most powerful sister that lives on. And the tree of Harmony, maybe it is sort of like Thalia in Percy Jackson. Harmony is still alive but trapped as a tree. Maybe she gave birth to Cadence(love), when in tree form. That is just a guess I mean there are basically three possibilities of what happened to the third sister. She could be trapped somewhere(like a tree), dead(i guess she would be immortal, but it is still possible, right), or she did some thing super evil and got banished, exiled and erased from history books(that would make sense but it doesn't seem likely that it would happen to Harmony, if of course the third sister is Harmony). So there is my theory for you. Please respond if you see any flaws or have other tips or evidence. B)

Yoy clearly don't know about the Book which gave us Cadence's backstory. Its called "Princess Twilight and The Crystal Heart"

Cadence's backstory is that she is an orphan that used to live in a village, a witch attacked the village, and Cadence defeated her with a hug whuch led to her becoming an alicorn

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't think Luna could be her mother. And I agree with other people, it's next to impossible, simlpy because Luna was locked away on the Moon. And, I also agree that they'd loose their immortality. So, if she did have Cadence before she was sent to the moon, Luna'd be dead, plus Luna was just a filly when she became Nightmare Moon,

Ok this is from the MLP Wiki:

Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell

Princess Cadance is featured in the chapter book Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell.[7] The book tells the story of Twilight Sparkle after she'd been made an Alicorn and seeks advice on being a princess. She turns to Cadance, who tells her life story, how as a baby Pegasus she was found in the woods by Earth ponies, who took her to their village. When she grew up she reversed a love-stealing spell cast by a pony called Prismia. Prismia wore a magic-enhancing necklace that amplified her evil and jealousy, but when Cadance confronted her, the necklace amplified Cadance's love. Once Prismia changed her horrible ways, Cadance was surrounded by magical energy and transported to a strange place where she met Celestia, who adopted her as her royal niece.

So it would be Cade has adopted by a pair of earth ponies,  but

who can say what happened to her real parents and why was

she in the woods and such?  That would be more interestintg

to learn and get back ground on..

Yoy clearly don't know about the Book which gave us Cadence's backstory. Its called "Princess Twilight and The Crystal Heart"

Cadence's backstory is that she is an orphan that used to live in a village, a witch attacked the village, and Cadence defeated her with a hug whuch led to her becoming an alicorn

Okay. What is her relationship to Celestia, Mr. smarty pants? It states in the episodes that Cadence is Celestia's niece. Which means that Cadence is the daughter of a sister of Celestia. It can not be Luna. Therefore, there must be a third sister. Orphan's still have parents. Therefore, nothing that I have said has been proven wrong by your statement.

Okay. What is her relationship to Celestia, Mr. smarty pants? It states in the episodes that Cadence is Celestia's niece. Which means that Cadence is the daughter of a sister of Celestia. It can not be Luna. Therefore, there must be a third sister. Orphan's still have parents. Therefore, nothing that I have said has been proven wrong by your statement.

The boom stated that Celestia adopted her into the royal family. So she is not blood related to Celestia.

Celestia "adopted" her as her niece. Until it's on the show or another canon source you have nothing but a theory. There is no evidence that there is a third sister. Why they went with niece rather than daughter is unknown.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 2

Celestia "adopted" her as her niece. Until it's on the show or another canon source you have nothing but a theory. There is no evidence that there is a third sister. Why they went with niece rather than daughter is unknown.

This^^

Theres really nothing more too it canon wise. She is explained to be an ADOPTED niece, and not a born alicorn. She is not even remotely actually related to Celestia in blood relation terms. 

Why adopted as a niece.. perhaps having her as a daughter was thought to have been too much for kids to understand, since Celestia doesn't have a mate. And they were trying to avoid offending single parents and kids of single parents. (gotta worry about the easily offended after all!)

Theres also 

We also have Prince Blueblood too, who I think is the...nephew

He's described as a VERY distant, and VERY much removed relative to the family. He was supposed to be a duke of sorts, but changed to "Prince" because hasbro wanted it so.

But According to Faust, he's a distant relation to Celstia/luna's mother. Some 52 times removed.

Edited by GrimCW

My theory is that Celestia did not want Cadence to get too much attention as being in the royal family already brings too much attention. Making her her adooted Daughter would bring all attentiin to her. So by .aking her her niece as it would not bring that much attention.

Then again I might be just rambling

The boom stated that Celestia adopted her into the royal family. So she is not blood related to Celestia.

Okay, fine . Maybe you are right, but if this is so , why do they call Cadence the niece? Do they call Twilight Sparkle a niece or daughter or sister or whatever? No. And also, I would like to know which boom you are referring to. And Mr. and Mrs. Cake are both Earth ponies. Their offspring are a pegasus and a unicorn. It might be in the range of possibility. I dont know for sure.  :blink:

And also people she could be alicorn offspring and not be a born alicorn. I don't get why everyone thinks I don't know that Cadence is not a natural born alicorn! Think of the Cakes situation!!!

Maybe it's because Celestia appears to maintain her youthfulness... She's not exactly showing her age looks wise... So maybe mother seemed a bit... Weird... Also when I was a kid my parents had close friends who were like siblings to them and we were encouraged to call them aunts and uncles... Maybe they decided it would be that way...

Okay, fine . Maybe you are right, but if this is so , why do they call Cadence the niece? Do they call Twilight Sparkle a niece or daughter or sister or whatever? No. And also, I would like to know which boom you are referring to. And Mr. and Mrs. Cake are both Earth ponies. Their offspring are a pegasus and a unicorn. It might be in the range of possibility. I dont know for sure. :blink:

And also people she could be alicorn offspring and not be a born alicorn. I don't get why everyone thinks I don't know that Cadence is not a natural born alicorn! Think of the Cakes situation!!!

Actually if you read the MLP wiki, which isn't official, but at least a source, Twilight is listed as Luna and Celestia's niece-in-law. The book says she was born a Pegasus, but I also find the whole idea of a born alicorn to be annoying. Edited by Nature's Spell

Do they call Twilight Sparkle a niece or daughter or sister or whatever? No.

Because Twilights parents are still ALIVE, and known perhaps.. She's Celestia's apprentice/student. She wasn't adopted, she was just taken under wing. Cadence was officially taken in by celestia at a young age and raised by her since she had no known parents. Just having a random filly living with her probably wouldn't have looked to good, so she adopted the new young alicorn and made her a sort of family.

Twi is mentioned as an in-law due to the marriage of her brother and cadence though.

Like I said above, gotta keep the whole thing "PC", lest we make someone angry about the relationships of the characters and their families. Taking Twi from her family wouldn't exactly be nice...

Edited by GrimCW

• 7 months later...

Well I don't think Luna could be her mother because the hair color is definitely far from similar. If you take a look at a scene in "this day aria part 2", it shows twilight's parents having similar hairstyles and colors compared to twilight's a shining armor's manes. Pinkie I think was a totally different story, because the purpose for pinkie's story was suppose to be ironic, and when the mane 6 tell the cutie mark crusaders about their cutie marks, rainbowdash's dad has a rainbow colored mane, and I'm not sure what episode it was, but it showed rarity's parents and they look very similar to her and sweetie bell. Soooooo I have no clue who could be cadence's parents, I just know Luna isn't her mom.

what I do know though is you can see cadence's mane is shiny (somewhat), so one of her parents might be a crystal pony, also since she was assigned by celestia to be the princess of the crystal empire.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The color's wouldn't make sense, she is more like Celestia then Luna ? Then again this may mean nothing as parent's color's seem to be unrelated to offspring.

Well dear, I have to agree with this. if there was a male alicorn that married Luna, them why they're not telling us that in the journal of the 2 sister diary? :orly: and cadence is  not blue or dark blue or any other night color. shes almost look like celestia's and shes the princess of love and she rule the crystal empire not the night time :love: . but why would celestia adopt an niece? why cant she just adopt cadence as her daughter? :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

If Cadence is Luna's daughter, how come Luna didn't bother to show up at the wedding? I would have been very upset if my mom didn't bother to come to my wedding!

This was explained by Antony C in a very good review video about the Canterlot Wedding episodes. It's kinda long but it will kind of blow your mind at the end. I skipped through the first 4 minutes of drivel to get to the point where the actual reviewing happens. Enjoy :) 

https://youtu.be/y36UT2tOvkI?t=4m24s

Edited by Plowplot

I kinda just thought she was an orphan, given the little I know of the crystal heart spell book, that gave us a little bit of her backstory.

Yeah, I mostly know that book from summaries, but I've always enjoyed that take on her family. Would like to see them in the show or at least the comics some day, though.

• 1 year later...

I actually headcanon that Cadence comes from the crystal empire and was a child of one of the crystal ponies.  Someway or other she was taken out of the crystal empire..possibly by a certain brown pony that travels in blue police boxes. She was brought to her small village to live with ponies until she became an alicorn.