mega thread Your Favorite Episode?

AppleShy Sparkle

Opinions can change...

My new favorite episode is 'Cutie Remark.' I liked it when Starlight tried to get revenge on Twilight, the alternate universes are great. particularly liked the Crystal War segment, for obvious reasons. (the fighting)

Second is 'Cutie Map.' Starlight is a great character, liked the plot. Cutie markless is an interesting concept...

Third is 'Twilights Kingdom.'

Fourth is 'Rarity Investigates'

Fifth is 'Sonic Rainboom' which used to be my first favorite, but now...

img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-

'Make me your Queen'

Sig by Wheatley

My favorite episodes tend to change around a lot but at the moment my favorites would probably be:

Amending Fences, Filli Vanilli, Wonderbolt Academy, Rarity Takes Manehatten  and Magical Mystery Cure.

My favorite two-parter would either be The Return of Harmony or The Cutie Map, maybe Twilight's Kingdom.

Slice of Life right at the top, I'm a total sucker for any episode like that in any show.    All comments regarding fan-pandering aside, it added to the sense that there really is more going on in ponyville other than the antics of the mane six.  Also that even the background ponies take notice of the *ahem* interesting....daily occurrences of anyone living within walking distance of Twilight.

Honestly... It's the episode where the Crusaders finally get their cutie marks... I was soooo wishing they'd get it and they finally did. I was over the moon.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Questions like this are difficult because there are so many episodes with so many epic moments in them that really make the show what it is. However if I have to pick a few it would be The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. The Flim Flam brother were great funny characters and I liked the competition between them and Sweet Apple Acres. May The Best Pet Win I also enjoyed as we got to see Rainbow Dash develop a real emotional attachment, Ride of the Valkyries playing during the race scene was a nice touch too. 

Probably my very favorite though has to be A Slice of Life. Everything about it was just so great; the ever expanding story, the constant development of the back stories of back ground ponies, the way it all joined together and the amazing humor maintained throughout it all such as Gummy's monologue. Its episodes like this that really show how different this show is compared to other generic and basic cartoons that are made these days.

Im also really fond of the time travel episodes such as Its About Time and I especially loved The Cutie Remark. The multiple time lines were a clever idea and defiantly not traditional kids TV show plot devices. 

Twilights Kingdom was so epic and is my favorite. Everything about that episode fit perfectly, Discord's betrayal, The character interactions, the way Twilight handled everything. Masterpiece of an episode

I put together my list of every episode from favorite to least favorite.

1. "Twilight's Kingdom"

2. "The Return of Harmony"

3. "Magical Mystery Cure"

4. "Amending Fences"

5. "Sisterhooves Social"

6. "Wonderbolts Academy"

7. "Slice of Life"

8. "Sonic Rainboom"

9. "Magic Duel"

10. "The Cutie Mark Chronicles"

11. "No Second Prances"

12. "Make New Friends but Keep Discord"

13. "Lesson Zero"

14. "Sleepless in Ponyville"

15. "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"

16. "Luna Eclipsed"

17. "A Canterlot Wedding"

18. "Maud Pie"

19. "The Cutie Map"

20. "Hurricane Fluttershy"

21. "Princess Twilight Sparkle"

22. "The Mane Attraction"

23. "Too Many Pinkie Pies"

24. "Green Isn't Your Color"

25. "Bats!"

26. "Winter Wrap Up"

27. "It's About Time"

28. "Call of the Cutie"

29. "The Crystal Empire"

30. "Suited for Success"

31. "On Your Marks"

32. "Inspiration Manifestation"

33. "Scare Master"

34. "The Gift of the Maud Pie"

35. "Dragonshy"

36. "The Best Night Ever"

37. "Pinkie Pride"

38. "Canterlot Boutique"

39. "Sweet and Elite"

40. "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils"

41. "Rarity Takes Manehattan"

42. "Party of One"

43. "Griffon the Brush-Off"

44. "Hearthbreakers"

45. "Twilight Time"

46. "Over a Barrel"

47. "Equestria Games"

48. "Rarity Investigates!"

49. "Keep Calm and Flutter On"

50. "Flight to the Finish"

51. "Three's a Crowd"

52. "Daring Don't"

53. "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows"

54. "Gauntlet of Fire"

55. "Leap of Faith"

56. "Made in Manehattan"

57. "Swarm of the Century"

58. "What About Discord?"

59. "Filli Vanilli"

60. "Castle Mane-ia"

61. "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies"

62. "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3"

63. "Ponyville Confidential"

64. "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone"

65. "Read It and Weep"

66. "A Dog and Pony Show"

67. "Castle Sweet Castle"

68. "The Crystalling¨

69. "Apple Family Reunion"

70. "Bridle Gossip"

71. "Party Pooped"

72. "Fall Weather Friends"

73. "Applebuck Season"

74. "MMMystery on the Friendship Express"

75. "The Hooffields and McColts"

76. "Friendship Is Magic"

77. "Secret of My Excess"

78. "Simple Ways"

79. "Games Ponies Play"

80. "Bloom & Gloom"

81. "Brotherhooves Social"

82. "Hearth's Warming Eve"

83. "Feeling Pinkie Keen"

84. "Just for Sidekicks"

85. "Stare Master"

86. "Pinkie Apple Pie"

87. "Spike at Your Service"

88. "The Ticket Master"

89. "May the Best Pet Win!"

90. "Somepony to Watch Over Me"

91. "Trade Ya!"

92. "Crusaders of the Lost Mark"

93. "Tanks for the Memories"

94. "Hearts and Hooves Day"

95. "Appleoosa's Most Wanted"

96. "The Cutie Re-Mark"

97. "Family Appreciation Day"

98. "Owl's Well That Ends Well"

99. "The Mysterious Mare Do Well"

100. "Princess Spike"

101. "Power Ponies"

102. "Boast Busters"

103. "A Friend in Deed"

104. "Putting Your Hoof Down"

105. "A Bird in the Hoof"

106. "The Cutie Pox"

107. "Baby Cakes"

108. "One Bad Apple"

109. "Look Before You Sleep"

110. "The Last Roundup"

111. "The Show Stoppers"

112. "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000"

113. "Dragon Quest"

114. "Rainbow Falls"

• 3 weeks later...

My most favorite would have to be A Friend in Deed, because it's the only one where Pinkie Pie is a big focus on it, and Twilight and Rainbow each only had like 1% of all dialogue (as neither of them had anything to do with this episode), and had it not been for them, Pinkie would've been the only member of the Mane Six in this episode.

My other favorites are Party of One and Pinkie Pride.

• Brohoof 1

Right now I'm trying to re-watch some contenders to put together a top 10, but I'm fairly certain that my favourite episode ever is "Lesson Zero". Twilight Sparkle slowly losing her composure while displaying more extreme versions of issues I can relate to? Fantastic. I sympathize with her up until the point that she becomes a direct threat to Ponyville's safety. I just think her characterization in that episode is excellent, and it's highly entertaining to boot. It changes the status quo by expanding the whole writing to Celestia thing, it's a bit unsettling and feels more daring than what came before, and it's just about everything that I love about the show. 

Magical Mystery Cure, Crusaders of the Lost Mark and Lesson Zero. 

For Mystery Cure, I actually managed to evade all the spoilers so Twilight's wings were a total surprise that still leaves me gasping. :sunbutt:

When the CMC got their marks, again, it was such a surprise, and so overdue that I felt like I was getting my Cutie Mark along with them. All that struggle finally paid off and there was so much love, oh I'm gonna cry!  :(

Lesson Zero was the first episode I ever saw and it still floors me every time. Nothing like seeing a sedate pony like Twilight losing it. That's just comedy gold!   :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED Crusaders of the Lost Mark and The Mane Attraction. Those episodes were absolutely beautiful.

I'm the only person who thinks this but my favorite is magical mystery cure. I don't understand the hate for it or the hate for season 3.

The worst thing about season 3 for me is how short it was. I don't know why they made it so short, but whatever the reason I wanted to see more.

Pennutoh has a gun

It was and still is Cutie Remark, but some other episodes like Twilights Kingdom and even Friendship is Magic and gaining my favor.

img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-

'Make me your Queen'

Sig by Wheatley

I honestly can't choose. I actually really liked the episodes with the CMC in them.post-38413-0-37898100-1466889152.gif

img-38413-1-img-38413-1-img-38413-1-img-

Sig by Shadow The Hedgehog//

Suited For SuccessSweet and Elite are my favorite episodes. Rarity is my favorite character and any opportunity the writers take to develop her character is a good one to me.  :D

I also really enjoy Twilight's Kingdom and A Canterlot Wedding. I love the two parters, probably because the stories are longer and the stakes are higher. :)