Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your Favorite Episode?

AppleShy Sparkle

Sweet and Elite! Because that pair make Kivil for what she is!

(I posted the drawing because of my love for Fancy Pants and how cute he is)

fancy_pants_and_kivil_by_kivil5-d985weg.

Edited by Kivil

I find that I can't really compare two-parters with one-parters (although if it means anything, I prefer two-parters, because I like epic adventure episodes), so I'll say my favorite of each category.

Favorite two parter is The Return of Harmony, Discord is an excellent villain, it was really interesting to see their virtues turned upside down, and it works really well as a conclusion to season 1. I joined the fandom between season 1 and 2, so those were the first "new" episodes I saw, and they blew me away as being way darker and more epic than what had come before. The show has subtly changed throughout the seasons, but I still think it holds up.

Favorite one parter is Magic Duel, and it's not because I really like Trixie or anything, but more because it was really cool and way more epic than pretty much every other one parter (until Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?). Twilight is my favorite pony as well, and I love magic and duels, so magical duels are total win. I also really enjoy how well it thematically ties together with Boast Busters. 

I realize this has gotten quite redundent at this point, but my favorite episode would have to be Raiders of the Lost Ark (Crusaders of the Lost Mark; you see the reference?). I feel the episode did a good job at making me care for the characters, something that no episode has really done in a while. As for Diamond Tiaras transition, I agree it was done quite quick, but in my opinion done almost perfectly for only 20 minutes. I also liked how the episodes supports kind monarchies.

• Brohoof 1

I've only just finished season 2 actually (oh, the shame), and so far my favourite episode(s) is the two part season two finale! How epic? Too epic. Wow... I was lost for words the first time I watched that! It was a little darker than other episodes, and so much more dramatic, but I enjoyed that! The only thing both episodes could have done better was focus more on the other members of the mane 6 more so than JUST Twilight Sparkle. However, the season two finale really gives you a great insight to Twilight's personality and determination, and was a truly amazing way to introduce Princess Cadence (my new favourite princess :)). It might sound like I'm reviewing it now... but honestly, I just love both those episodes so much. Although if I must pick just one, naturally I'll go for part two. :squee:

But this song. THIS SONG.

Edited by Wolves

Crusaders of the Lost Mark. Such an amazing episode. 4 great songs + Diamond Tiara turning good + the CMC getting their marks just did it for me. Pinkie Pride is my second favorite, but man S5E18 blew me away.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read it and Weep. I fell in love with it when I first began watching the show, which was the week I had a ACL repair. That week had been long and hard for me and seeing Rainbow Dash injured and just as bored as me made me feel a bit better. The funny part of it is I didn't feel any connection to the episode until my mom was watching it with me and said Rainbow Dash was like me.

I don't really have ONE favourite :P But there's certainly some episodes that stand out to me.

1) The Last Roundup

Even after watching through season 1, I wasn't entirely sold on MLP FiM at that point. The Last Roundup was the episode which got me fully engaged in the show. The humour was excellent, the writing was excellent and the reference in the episode was easily the best MLP has done to date in my opinion :D

2) Amending Fences

An episode I never expected to see, I loved the nostalgia of seeing the first episode all over again and how Twilight leaving for Ponyville actually effected things back in Canterlot. It was such a great episode with mature writing and Moondancer's outburst utterly shocked me and came across so well that I came close to crying as well.

3) The Mane Attraction

The first episode where a new character was introduced that I instantly fell in love with. Rara is such a loveable and adorable character and I put that to both AKR's wonderful writing and Lena Hall's amazing work with the character. It made for an incredibly feel-good episode and also any episode with a lot of the direction coming from Applejack is a good episode to me. Especially in this case, where it wasn't because of Applejack's stubbornness or pride, which has been done too many times before :P

• Brohoof 1

From Season 5 alone, I'd say some of my definite favorites are:

Amending Fences

Mane Attraction

And Made in Manehattan (yes, I actually really liked that episode)

With season 5 now in the books it is safe to say that my overall favorites have shifted a bit. Here is my current top 5; which is subject to change:

1. The Crystal Empire - An episode heavy with atmosphere, the return of a lost empire, high stakes with the return of a dangerous evil, and the villain himself: King Sombra. Words cannot express how much this episode seriously appeals to me.

2. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone - My personal favorite from S5, I really enjoyed the metaphor for treasure here; considering the state that Griffonstone itself is in. The world-building is QUITE immense and the animation during the history segments was nothing short of breath-taking. Add in the redemption and back-story of Gilda and the varied designs of the griffins themselves; this episode is a winner for me.

3. Read It and Weep - An overall simple moral told in a way that still manages to grab me. Rainbow Dash having to learn that reading can be awesome and seeing her despair over the book was nice to see and added some growth to her overall character. Also; Daring Do. 'Nuff said.

4. Canterlot Boutique - This is a surprising entry for me, but as a character piece for Rarity and introducing the issue of art vs. consumerism in a way that can speak to all ages it works really well. Also...Sassy Saddles... <3

5. Inspiration Manifestation - "Strong Rarity Ep" is pretty much a given these days, and it helps that this is one of Spike's stronger roles. Choosing #5 was quite difficult, but I opted for this one due to character growth of Spike and Rarity.