Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you feel when any of your friends told you they were a brony?

jacibobsthebrony

And if any of your friends arent bronys how woud you react if they did tell you they were one. One of my girl friends recently became a pegasister and I went a little crazy. I started jumping up with joy. It was the best feeling Id ever had. We talk about the show always now and Im so freaking happy!

• Brohoof 1

I would probably just be like, "Oh, that's cool..." because usually people in real life are not that internet savvy, and do not learn anything about the fandom. They probably would never learn who Octavia, Lyra, all those background ponies are. If they were actually legitimate bronies who absolutely love the show, go on forums and all that lovely stuff, then I'd probably be too busy being excited over the fact that they aren't too stupid to use the internet as a whole to celebrate the fact that they are a brony. People in my area do not know anything about the internet. At all.

• Brohoof 4

I guess I would be excited enough to have someone to talk to about the show, but otherwise it doesn't seem like a big deal. It'd be like if a friend of time told me they were a Whovian or a Trekkie. Like... "Good for you?" So long as they like something and it makes them happy, I'm all for it.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably just be like, "Oh, that's cool..." because usually people in real life are not that internet savvy, and do not learn anything about the fandom. They probably would never learn who Octavia, Lyra, all those background ponies are. If they were actually legitimate bronies who absolutely love the show, go on forums and all that lovely stuff, then I'd probably be too busy being excited over the fact that they aren't too stupid to use the internet as a whole to celebrate the fact that they are a brony. People in my area do not know anything about the internet. At all.

I love you.

Thats precisely how i feel about preety much every person i've ever met. All my friends spend their entire days on facebook then call themselves "internet vets" (loosely translated, but they actually do use a similar term, im not paraphrasing), yet they never heard of 4chan, reddit, boxxy, bronies, ebay, or any other major thing on the internet. Most of them dont even know what a forum is.

I know a few bronies in RL, but they are exactly what you described. They watch the show and thats preety much it. It kinda makes me feel sad and lonely, having so much to talk about, and nobody to talk to :(

well, 2 of my close friends told me they are bronys, wasnt a big deal, but if my third good friend would told me that id have a reliefe, cose he sit next to me at school, so i have to hide my monitor every time i want to see a refarance for my drawings :\

at first I was sad that none of my friends liked the show very much, but now that I've been in the fandom for a year and a half, I'm glad they're not bronies. I talk about ponies enough with my internet friends, I don't need to talk about them with my real friends too. if one of them did come out and say they were a brony, I'd assume they were making fun of me, or they wouldn't be as into it as I am, so we still wouldn't be able to talk about it much /:

Reminds me of how I became a brony. I had my friend over for the weekend and we were playing some video games when he sighed and put his controller down. He said that he had to tell me something because it was eating at him. He then confessed to me that he was a brony and of course I asked the obvious question of someone who had never seen the show. I asked, "How can you like a show like that? Whatever man. Just a little weird." He then told me that he likes it because of the morals and the "plot" and he peaked my interest. He pulled the first episode up on my laptop and as I watched I was amazed at the show. Now I thank him all the time for introducing me to such a great show and fandom! That wasn't really my story but he said he was extremely happy to hear that he converted me into a brony. I have yet to hear one of my friends tell me they are a brony but I imagine it's a great feeling!

None of my friends know I'm a brony so I don't think I'd say anything more than "Nice! So what's this brony thing all about?" xD

How would I know? Hehe.

My best friend had nearly become a Brony but ended up avoiding it somehow. He was the first one to break the ice though when he made a Derpy Hooves reference in the middle of a game. That's when I told him about me becoming a Brony.

I have one other friend who checked out the show because they knew I was a brony. Last I heard, he didn't become a Brony either but he liked the quality of the show and loved some of the fan fics. However he did bro-hoof me over skype a few weeks ago so I'm wondering if he's was in the denial stage.

When my friends told me they were bronies, I fell ill and was sick for weeks! How could they betray me like that? It was so terribly disturbing and horrifying! Actually, this is a silly topic. I've never actually had any friends in real life tell me they were bronies. I would by like "Oh, that's nice" if they did though.

When my friend told me he was a brony I hadn't seen a single episode of the show yet, but I'd seen some things on the Internet. Anyway at the time I didn't really care, it wasn't a really big deal to me that he liked MLP.

I'd be quite surprised actually, probably because my friend seems to hate most things like MLP or anything like that, he thinks it's "ultra gay" due to a commercial of an MLP FiM product on TV, so I would be shocked if he was a brony.

(Well i found out some of them were bronies by hints, they never actually came up to me and said "I'm a brony" Though i would ask them later about it and they said they were bronies.)

So i was pretty excited, nice to know there are guys/gals in mah school that have a good taste in TV shows :)