Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Bronies should deal with Haters/Trollers

SilverNote

Here's my speech, please read carefully :)

WARNING!: There are some content that should only be viewed by certain audiences! You were warned!!!

How to react to Brony haters:

(Most Common Insult) Are you gay?:

The reason they say this is usually because they are trolls or haters. Usually people hate things based on the first impression. The first impression of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is, that on most people's perspective, they see it as a show for 4-6 year olds. That's their first impression, but thats basically like judging a book by it's cover, you won't know why so many people like it for no reason, except the fact that people DO like it for a REASON. We Bronies and Pegasisters are not "gay" or "lesbian". For one thing, people call us "gay" only because on their perspective they see us "boys" watching a show for girls, but the show is actually for girls and BOYS if the hater's only had studied up more on My Little Pony, this is also a Multi-Age show, thats why it's mostly teens instead of little girls watching this show.

Advanced Version of "Are You Gay?":

You all should know what "gay" is, a person just doesn't turn gay from watching a show, they either turn guy if soemthing big happens in their life that damages their brain, or either they get really depressed and they can't control whats happening with their brain so they become gay, or either they are born gay. And gay boys don't actually watch stuff that people would consider girly or stuff for women, gay people are exactly like anyone else, they play shooting video games, they play hardcore games, they watch horror movies, they get rich, they're basically like anyone else, but with their hormones different or changed because of a bad birth defect or something really bad happened that changed their hormones.

Super Advanced Version of "Are You Gay?":

This is how haters/trollers and people that judge people from left and right think these days:

Gays- Pure evil, and too girly for a man (90% of the gays in this world don't act like girls, it's only a rumor)

Bisexuals- Confusing, and also think they were born retarded (They weren't born retarded if you studied)

Atheists- Pointless

Liberals- Tainted

Childless Conservatives- Suspect

Fertile Conservatiives- Think anyone who isn't straight or follows their religion is either retarded, gay, lesbian, worship the devil, and also don't respect people for what they like.

For me, I LIKE My Little Pony, but that doesn't mean I'm gay or a satanist, it only means that I like watching the show, it's the same for everyone that wears a shirt or hat of Elmo/Cookie Monster, and it's basically the same for Pokemon, a guy see's it, then he thinks whoever plays the game is gay, why can't we all just respect and be nice for what people like?

The word gay is commonly use by teenage boys to hate and troll on other people, it's like the first word that comes up in a guys mind to call someone to troll, or to be mean. When you think about it, it IS actually true, teenage boys call people gay and retarded for the most part, for no reason, only to judge them by what they like.

From I've learned now teens have called a child's father gay is he is a stay at home father that take cares of the baby, what I think? The father is just doesn't have a job yet, and since his wife has a job, he has to stay home and take care of the children, maybe he had to QUIT his job just to watch the baby and children everyday.

And also, there was an article on the internet about a teen suiciding for being called a gay faggot homosexual that watched PBS kids every morning, but the teen didn't even have cable, so he HAD to watch it anyway, the next thing you know, he was called gay or a faggot or homosexual almost everyday of his life in school, the next thing you know, he hanged himself in his closet.

What I'm trying to say is, if you call a Brony a gay/faggot/homosexual, you'll be hurting his feelings, and if he gets his feelings hurt everyday he'll get depressed, then he'll go into suicide. Why do you even call us gay? To show us you hate the show? To show judge us everyday just because you think about the show differently? You haven't even watched the show yet, or atleast the good action packed episodes with a good plot to it. Trollers have called us gay and created words to troll us, like fapping and clopping (Search up on internet if you don't know what those mean).

Most of us guys, from watching My Little Pony, are actually just straight guys who love the women, we just want them to smile ^_^ Or as the meme goes, make their heart explode twice, if you understand the quote though

For my last words, trollers/haters are normally people who are socially awkward and spend most of their time playing video games, and don't know how to react to a lot of people, and so they take the life on the internet, they act more differently on the internet than they would do in real life, sometimes they don't swear in real life, but on the internet, sometimes when they're by a group of people, they don't act the way they do than they would be like on the internet, trollers/haters are sometimes people that troll and hate other people just to make them get more attention or to make themselves feel better, they are also sometimes people that have been bullied or get their feelings hurt a lot, so they take it out on other people for no apparent reason.

Me?: Yeah, I got a double personality... just admitting it, I'm a wise guy on the internet, but a young fool in real life ^_^

New problem,

Problem #2, Being called Socially Awkward:

If you watch My Little Pony, most people would call you Socially Awkward, that's only because they have nothing else mean to say to you, it's like calling someone who like StarWars, or Startrek Socially Awkward, or saying that if you don't have many friends, you're Socially Awkward, it kinda just means that you're judging someone just because of what they like, or because if you think they're weird.

But nowadays, there are cultures where there are conventions of places where Starwars/Startrek/Pokemon fans will gather in one place to talk about upcoming projects or talk about favorites, and the next thing you know, My Little Pony has already started theirs, it's called a Bronycon. Right now, there are trends like collecting Pokemon Cards, or collecting Plush Dolls, or buying Lego Exclusives. There are even shirts/hats/toys for every cartoon/show/movie and the next thing you know, My Little Pony will start this, it's got some toys and stuff out, but MLP will get pretty famous too soon!

Saberspark- We are simply the products of Modern Society, Our minds decide on what Men and Woman SHOULD like, but we judge if a show is good on our own merits, regardless if it's pink or black, we even decide that the color PINK is for girls, makes no sense right? I mean, how did colors show if a guy is gay or not? People say My Little Pony is gay because of the bright colors, which seems pointless to say to judge something.

How do "I" react to haters/trollers?

Ignore the hater/troller, works 40% of the time... (Sucks right?)

React Aggressively, works 20% of the time because it makes the hater/troller more mean, or leave 20% chance

Act Kindly, is works 70% of the time, haters/trollers need their victim to react back with a comeback in order to continue, but if you react kindly back, they'll have to think about their next comeback because it's hard for them to react back to "Thank'you" or "You seem nice, wanna hangout?" or "Want to Skype?" or either if both troller/hater and the victim are both different genders, ask the other out. Either way, the hater/troller will either have no comeback, leave, have nothing else to say until you leave, or either they'll "pretend" to be nice back, or like I said this only works 70% of the time, so they might still have a comeback anyway, but probably a weak one because they weren't prepared for that kind of response.

This is known as, don't make the troller/hater have fun by responding back with a comeback or else he/she will have fun telling comebacks at you, try to do something that will make them have nothing else to say, or trapped, or realise that they messed with the wrong guy and their message backfired on them

If someone is sending you Troll/Hater messages for My Little Pony, I suggest don't answer back or else the chat will keep going until one of you get really mad then leave, just ignore it and the hater/troller will just be talking to himself lol

Saberspark-Humans have been fighting since the very beginning of time. We fight for territory, fight for positions, we fight for peace, we almost fight for everything, we like to fight or argue. It's our greatest blessing, and it's a terrifying curse, If we weren't so aggressive, we wouldn't be the most dominant species on the planet, yet, we are. And for me, I'd rather fight and argue on the internet than real life.

From what I remember, I ONCE had a troller/hater, but now I've gotten him to see my favorite episode of My Little Pony, he's never watched the show, and now he loves the show, he doesn't watch episode by episode, he just asks me what episode to watch from time to time, and now he's solved his relationship with his girlfriend over the internet with his new personality (He doesn't want his name mentioned)

There WAS a certain hater, who kept sending me messages on a game called Roblox then he kept sending these trolling and hating messages on youtube, but I took care of him, showed him a story called My Little Dashie and he said he cried at the Note at the end of the fanfic, it was pretty funny, seeing him saying he loved it even though he was a hater/troller, but now he watched My Little Pony also

To all of you Bronies who have problems like me, try showing them your favorite episode or fanfic... or My Little Dashie because you don't HAVE to be a fan of My Little Pony to cry to it ;)

Well, this is the Life Of A Brony, I hope I helped all of you Bronies, and I influenced you haters.

To All Haters, or people who aren't a Hater/Troller and haven't watched My Little Pony:

You should watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that was made in 2010, the old oned that were made in 1981-2001 has weird graphics and animations, the newer version is more "Modern" and funnier :P (Please take no offence if you loved the old versions though)

Best Episodes in MY Opinion:

The Season 2 Finale, which is broken up into two episodes

The Season 1 Finale which is also broken up into two episodes

(My other favorite episodes are stuff you wont like probably yet)

Why do I like these episodes? They've got the Action stuff of fighting Discord and Princess Chrysalis for boss fighting :D

• Brohoof 3

Ok if certain content shouldn't be view by certain people it shouldn't be posted at all, in my opinion.

also i could bring myself to read it all for one point and is biting at the back of my head which is pretty much "they either turn guy if soemthing big happens in their life that damages their brain, or either they get really depressed and they can't control whats happening with their brain so they become gay"so homosexuality is caused by brain damage hhmmm...

also when i see a comment like this i go for a different approch?

Hater: what are you guy's gay

me: not all gays watch MLP some maybe most don't and my ever not like bronies like myself, don't degrade us by coupling every Homosexuals with Bronies

this is what iv'e uses for quite a while and it has worked i have even gotten an apology from a hater, i also find it some what weird when Bronies get homophobic when trying to defend them self's its kinda laughable and i find myself respecting haters even more.

• Brohoof 2

Ok if certain content shouldn't be view by certain people it shouldn't be posted at all, in my opinion.

also i could bring myself to read it all for one point and is biting at the back of my head which is pretty much "they either turn guy if soemthing big happens in their life that damages their brain, or either they get really depressed and they can't control whats happening with their brain so they become gay"so homosexuality is caused by brain damage hhmmm...

also when i see a comment like this i go for a different approch?

Hater: what are you guy's gay

me: not all gays watch MLP some maybe most don't and my ever not like bronies like myself, don't degrade us by coupling every Homosexuals with Bronies

this is what iv'e uses for quite a while and it has worked i have even gotten an apology from a hater, i also find it some what weird when Bronies get homophobic when trying to defend them self's its kinda laughable and i find myself respecting haters even more.

I think I know you from somewhere... have you been stalking me or something because you usually post a comment on most of my forum posts o-e anyway, this was your opinion, I respect it :)

I think the best piece of advice comes from Yahoo! Answers.

"When you call someone else gay, you're hiding your own homosexuality."

I tend to tell people that they should do some original research and not base their opinions off of someone else's words. And if you confuse MLP (Gen 1-3) with FiM, you need help anyway.

Yes, Rainbow Dash is awesome, but I don't like it when she dresses in style, I like watching her do the Sonic Rainboom.

Edited by Kapi

I think I know you from somewhere... have you been stalking me or something because you usually post a comment on most of my forum posts o-e anyway, this was your opinion, I respect it :) Ok, so I need more characters to post this... They see me hackin, gamemakers be hatin, patrollin tryin to find me white'n nerdy :P

erm that's not a stalker that's just more then one person who thinks your kinda disrespectful. (this forum is my only home and i take trips elsewhere from time to time.), also it kinda take allot to do this but i kinda have a respect for haters because well there not the most homophobic about it rather then Bronies who go out of there way to defend themselves.

also how about saying something relevant to get past the character limit, its not that hard

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I understand you mean well, but saying things like "People only turn gay if they get brain dammage, or get really depressed" sounds extremely misinformed,

I for one (being a Bi-sexual male) have not had anything happen that caused brain dammage, or been really depressed, in the words of Lady Gaga "

"

I agree that people should not react to bullies, but when members of our fandom act obnoxiously, or incorrectly assume everyone who dislikes us is either stupid, or wrong, gets us even more flak.

Edited by DiscordianBeats
  • Brohoof 1

As much as I value the show and this community, I'm not on a crusade. Somebody gives me a hard time, I explain as briefly as possible that what we're watching is a reboot that bears no resemblance to the original show, and that they should check it out because it defies expectations.

The only thing I concern myself with is being concise and tactful. If they still want to be a jerk about it, I go about my business. Done.

• Brohoof 4

As much as I value the show and this community, I'm not on a crusade. Somebody gives me a hard time, I explain as briefly as possible that what we're watching is a reboot that bears no resemblance to the original show, and that they should check it out because it defies expectations.

The only thing I concern myself with is being concise and tactful. If they still want to be a jerk about it, I go about my business. Done.

^ This.

If I get any hate for watching the show I simple explain that it's not the same show it was 10-20 years ago. I state a few reasons why I like the show and suggest that they watch it. Most of the times the hater will continue with their bad arguments. In this case I simple stay polite and say something like "I understand and respect your opinion. No show is for everyone and MLP is definitely no exception. I would ask of you though not to judge people based on the shows they like to watch.". Then I would just ignore any other comeback thrown my way (unless it's something positive) and continue about my daily activities.

tl;dr: Treat haters/trolls with kindness or at the very least ignore them. Don't feed the parasprites.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Pffft, when someone calls you gay for being a brony do this:

Hater: Bronies are gay.

You: Yup we are all very happy that we have such a show that we can all like and enjoy.

Hater: *Hating*

Cuz, haters gunna hate.

Edited by Wolfbane

Okay that is a complete nightmare to read, my response to haters is pretty much nothing. If they want to believe I am gay, an overgrown manchild, a pedophile or whatever else than I am not going to take their bait and give them what they want by responding to that bullshit.

• Brohoof 4

I wish the haters would get more original. They assume we are all obese males with no job. There are some fans of MLP who are a bit extreme, but there are also fans of Star Wars and Star Trek who are a bit over the top too. That doesn't mean there aren't normal people chilling out in the fandom!

I couldn't really bring myself to read that paragraph because the moment I read the thread's title... All I thought was... "throw a chair at them if they get physical, if they're mouthy.. ignore em'"

I just don't care what people say about what I like.

Acknowledging haters just gives them more power because we're giving them attention with our thoughts and words. Ignore them, their power declines since they realize their influence is meaningless.

One day a couple months ago I was playing Prop Hunt on Garry's Mod. There were about six other bronies on the server out of twenty or so. Anyways no one was talking and everyone was minding their business just playing the game and having a good time until this guy joined the server, seen us bronies and started flipping out.

He was calling us gay and fags and it's disgusting that we watch the show etc, and we all ignored him and continued playing the game like we were before.

He was only on the server for one match then he left.

In conclusion, I just ignore people that try to start stuff because I'm a brony.

Okay that is a complete nightmare to read, my response to haters is pretty much nothing. If they want to believe I am gay, an overgrown manchild, a pedophile or whatever else than I am not going to take their bait and give them what they want by responding to that bullshit.

Ah yes, that would be true, as long as there are just insults and not threats. I usually ignore all insults as this is petty stuff, but as soon as there are personal threats, I think I'd treat the situation differently.

The good thing is that the number of threats are usually miniscule to none for the vast majority of bronies, and the internet will be the internet and continue insults for time eternal.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I have to deal with the hate full force, but i end up ignoring, or just teasing them with things like this: "I didn't know you loved me so much!", really gets under their skin and makes them stop 50% of the time. So i wish to know in what ways you guys handle your situations with them.

• Brohoof 5

Psh. The only winning move is not to respond : P

The only reason they exist is because people get pissed at them.
Guess your method works though.

• Brohoof 4

Psh. The only winning move is not to respond : P

The only reason they exist is because people get pissed at them.

Guess your method works though.

That's just me turning the negative into positive responses.

• Brohoof 1

Not responding is generally preferable if someone argues with you without the intent of having an actual intellectual debate. If someone tries to give you hell for your avatar or something, they more than likely fall into that category.

• Brohoof 5